PDA

View Full Version : When they're too shy to ask for money...

cdnmatt
May 30th, 2021, 09:24
I'm sure this has happened to all of us. Poverty stricken Asian guy you've become close to, and somewhat unofficially support, as us farangs do. You know full well he's out of money and could use some, but he's too shy to ask for any as he doesn't want to impose.

You ask, and get a response like, "no I'm good a little bit, don't worry about me, I'm fine". You know he could use some though, so what do you do? Let it be, or say hell with it, and send anyway knowing full well he'll be happy and grateful, and just didn't want to ask.

Dodger
May 30th, 2021, 09:33
If he was good looking I'd probably ask him for a blowjob.

LOL...half kidding.

Seriously, these are the types of guys I like helping out the most.

cdnmatt
May 30th, 2021, 09:54
If he was good looking I'd probably ask him for a blowjob.
LOL...

No idea, so I'll go with a young Asian Brad Pitt, as that puts my mind more at ease, lol.

Seriously, these are the types of guys I like helping out the most.

Me too, but lately it's been $400/month. Granted, Songkran, proceeded by stuck in the village due to Covid lockdown hence can't work, et al. Still, it's the village... what the hell is he doing, helping refurbish the family house?

He's the one who will be living with and taking care of me once I finally get out there though, so...

Dodger
May 30th, 2021, 10:04
No idea, so I'll go with a young Asian Brad Pitt, as that puts my mind more at ease, lol.

Me too, but lately it's been $400/month. Granted, Songkran, proceeded by stuck in the village due to Covid lockdown hence can't work, et al. Still, it's the village... what the hell is he doing, helping refurbish the family house?

He's the one who will be living with and taking care of me once I finally get out there though, so...

I was referring to giving a needy boy on the streets a few bucks - not buying anybody a farm.

cdnmatt
May 30th, 2021, 10:27
I was referring to giving a needy boy on the streets a few bucks - not buying anybody a farm.

kee-neaow

Just kidding. :)

Sen Yai
May 30th, 2021, 12:19
..... lately it's been $400/month. ... what the hell is he doing, helping refurbish the family house?

For some reason THB13,000/month seems to have been the going rate for ever. I remember providing that level of support 20 years ago. It seemed modest then since a bar 'superstar' was reportedly earning THB20~30k /mnth with multiple offs per night.

StevieWonders
May 30th, 2021, 12:37
For some reason THB13,000/month seems to have been the going rate for ever. I remember providing that level of support 20 years ago. It seemed modest then since a bar 'superstar' was reportedly earning THB20~30k /mnth with multiple offs per night.I support more than one guy and we generally agree that 5,000 for a room + utilities (often shared) and 3,000 for food (100/day) is a fair base rate. I know some share their accommodation with friends, others with family members. My favourite anecdote is the boy who shares with his two sisters and sleeps alone on the bed while they sleep on the floor. His justification? He’s paying more of the rent than they are. It’s not an presumption of fairness that I would use but it seems to work for him.

Mancs
May 30th, 2021, 15:42
I know so many who are not shy that I don't think about the shy ones.

Dodger
May 30th, 2021, 16:30
You know he could use some though, so what do you do?

If he's a boy you're hooked up with and plan to reunite with at some juncture, I'm sure he'd appreciate 7,000 - 8.000/mo. which covers the essentials if he's living up-country.

$400 (12,000 THB) is fine too as long as it fits within your budget, As you already know, there's no such thing as "too much money" in their eyes. And I don't mean that in a derogatory sense, it's just nature.

cdnmatt
May 30th, 2021, 20:09
If he's a boy you're hooked up with and plan to reunite with at some juncture, I'm sure he'd appreciate 7,000 - 8.000/mo. which covers the essentials if he's living up-country.

$400 (12,000 THB) is fine too as long as it fits within your budget, As you already know, there's no such thing as "too much money" in their eyes. And I don't mean that in a derogatory sense, it's just nature.

I'll let him sweat it out until June 4th, when the Laos govt makes another decision on the lockdown. Just checked, and second day in a row of only 3 cases, so I'm assuming restrictions will be further lifted. He's in the village, he doesn't need any money, hence why he never asked. He'll need some again when he heads back out to Savannahket or Vientiane to look for work again.

Nah, not really hooked up with him, or I have no idea... neither of us have any desire to have a BF, but we're more than friends, so no idea what you call it. He takes care of me, I take care of him, and the sun continues to rise each morning. Or, he will be taking care of me once I get there due to the whole blind thing, but has here as well. He's the one who helped keep me strong when things were rough and I was getting business going again.

Then looks like Leo will be living with us, as once he finds out I'm coming back to Asia he won't be able to get out of his current situation fast enough, so that'll be good as his English is excellent. I'm sure his Irish "BF" will be thrilled if and when he learns Leo is living with me again, but whatever, deal with that issue later.

Then I'm assuming Leo's mom will end up with us due to her health issues, which is fine with me. Then just have to grab a couple dogs, two or three kids, and off we go with the Asian + one farang version of the Brady bunch. :)

I also wouldn't mind starting a gay bar once I'm there. I'm almost 40 now, so think that whole mid-life thing is setting in, as tons of shit like this I want to do now. Will employ Leo and Gohn to run it, it'll be good. No go-go boys or anything as you're not allowed to do that in Laos, but it'll be a nice, classy joint, it'll be good.

christianpfc
May 30th, 2021, 22:17
Many are not to shy to ask for money. But some never asked for money or any other favor, but I send them some nonetheless.

The number of boys I send money to is low because there are several hurdles: I don't pay someone's livelihood (rent and food), only emergencies or when I'm thinking of a boy and feel generous. I only send money to those I regard clever (I think they will use it in a way I would approve of, whereas the stupid would squander it).

That excludes the Khmer boy went to Pattaya illegally against my best advice (first because it's illegal and dangerous, and second because there is not much to gain for a money boy in Pattaya now), and then whined about lack of customers. Sorry, you're out (of my list of boys I support)!

I don't send money for anything Covid-related any more. A year ago Covid was an emergency, now it's a known event and who has not adapted is a slow learner, i.e. not clever. I don't send money to those who cry loudest, but to those who I think are deserving or I get along with best in and out of bed. Two encounters is the minimum before I send money online, only once violated for the boy in Hpa-An whom I met only once - all fine - but feel sorry for because he is fucked multiple times, and not in the good sense.

I know so many who are not shy that I don't think about the shy ones.
I rather use the opposite approach. I can't help all, so I help those I like most, not those who cry loudest.

Dax
May 31st, 2021, 05:49
For some reason today, after all my years visiting these Thailand boards, I feel compelled to share some of my inner-most thoughts. It must have been something cdnmatt said that must have tugged at my heart strings. Whatever, blame it on Covid, as I normally hardly ever post. I first traveled to Thailand, I believe in 2000. This was the first time in my life I had gone anywhere for sex; never even did it at home. I divorced a few years earlier and my life was a shambles. I missed the intimacy of sharing life with a loving warm body. I decided on Pattaya, stayed at the Ambience for a month and went absolutely insane when I first set my eyes on these beautiful Thai men. On my second night there I fell heads over heels for a 'star' at City Boys and we stayed together for a few years. Thinking back to the day, the memories with Jaep are still vibrant and the most beautiful time in my life. He was sexual, masculine, silly, considerate a sexy dancer and made me totally happy; except for one thing which I found out about later in our relationship-drugs! What can I say, I was besotted with this Thai man and he knew it. I put up with the drugs for a while and finally had enough; he seemed to be getting deeper and deeper into this hole and try as I did I could do nothing to help save him. If memory serves, I was sending him 20000 baht per month and when we separated I gave him a few thousand baht and sent him on his way. If there is one take away from all of this, I found that Thailand has no shortage of gorgeous boyfriend material. Long story short, I played the butterfly for a few years and had a couple other boyfriends but none like Jaep. I promised myself never to take on a new boyfriend, renting is better and with much less drama. Peace guys, stay safe and be grateful for your blessings. Take care.....and YES, I totally miss Thailand!

Sen Yai
May 31st, 2021, 07:08
A nice story, Thanks for sharing, Dax.

Dax
May 31st, 2021, 15:30
I kind of enjoyed my last outing, guys, so here goes.....Jaep loved to fish, I think by the time we went our separate ways I had fully equipped a whole fish and tackle shop for him back in his village. If he could live at the beach, he would, I’m not joking when I say he had fishing on the brain – even lounging around the room he was prepping his gear! Sitting around watching him fish and feigning interest was difficult to do at first, thankfully I perfected it after a few visits. On special occasions, we rented a boat with the captain and crew to take us and his friends to Koh Larm and the surrounding islands.; I believe I paid about 5000 baht to rent the boat. However, stocking the boat with beer, whiskey, sodas, food, ice and of course rice, can't forget the rice cost more than the double the actual boat rent. Of course, the captain did all the cooking and cleaning and all we had to do was have a good time. The boys (10-15) loved to play poker, Thais love to gamble and did I mention drink? When you take the boys away from the bar you have a very playful, happy man-child. Aren’t memories great? I did not realize how much I truly missed Thailand. Thinking back to those good times prompted me to check the airfares to Thailand yesterday. But have to admit, I am reluctant to travel any time soon. God willing, and if the river don’t rise, I hope to be back in Pattaya sooner than later. Peace, BE happy.