PDA

View Full Version : Expat Vaccine Registration

Dodger
May 26th, 2021, 08:51
According the Bangkok Post article linked below, Expats can begin registering for their vaccine(s) on June 7th. The policies supporting vaccine distribution have been in a constant state-of-flux, so this start date may possibly change.

You'll need to Register at an Approved Hospital - so it would probably make sense to ask your local hospital about this in advance just to be prepared.

We already know that Moderna, which is the most effective vaccine at the moment (95% efficacy), won't be available in Thailand till around the fourth quarter...God willing, and the creek don't rise.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2119575/covid-vaccination-registration-for-foreigners-from-june-7

StevieWonders
May 26th, 2021, 11:55
Most Western embassies in Bangkok have confirmed that their citizens already in Thailand must rely on Thai sources for vaccination - they will not be vaccinated by their embassies: https://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2021/05/21/its-official-foreigners-can-register-for-covid-19-vaccine-next-month/

Brad the Impala
May 26th, 2021, 14:11
Most Western embassies in Bangkok have confirmed that their citizens already in Thailand must rely on Thai sources for vaccination - they will not be vaccinated by their embassies: https://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2021/05/21/its-official-foreigners-can-register-for-covid-19-vaccine-next-month/

This article reports that as well as expats being able to register from 7th June, there may also be walk in slots available at that time for expats over 60s, depending on the hospital(and presumably availability of vaccines).

Further, no point in waiting for the good old USA to ride in with freezers full of Moderna for their citizens as:

“The Department of State does not provide direct medical care to private U.S. citizens abroad and has no current plans to provide vaccinations,” a U.S. Embassy spokesperson said. “We continue working with the Royal Thai Government to advocate that they provide equal vaccine access to residents of all nationalities because none of us is safe until all of us are safe.”

Dodger
May 29th, 2021, 11:38
Pattaya Memorial Hospital has started the Vaccine Registration Process.

I went there this morning to sign up which took all of five minutes.

They don't know when the vaccine(s) will arrive, what types of vaccines will be available, or the exact cost. The nurse who handed my Registration said they are waiting to find out these things themselves from the government. Go figure!

I plan to Register at Bangkok Pattaya Hospital as well when they start the process (supposedly June 7).

Just an opinion: I don't believe a Central Covid Registration Database (shared between hospitals) exists, and probably won't be invented in this epoch. My Registration this morning involved filling out a paper form - which was placed inside a cardboard box when complete. I think I spotted Fred Flintstone pass me in the hallway.

In case anyone's interested: Pattaya Memorial Hospital is located just off the intersection of Second Road and Pattaya Klang in central Pattaya.

cdnmatt
May 29th, 2021, 11:54
I don't believe a Central Covid Registration Database (shared between hospitals) exists, and probably won't be invented in this epoch. My Registration this morning involved filling out a paper form - which was placed inside a cardboard box when complete. I think I spotted Fred Flintstone pass me in the hallway.

Look at the bright side, you can get one of each vaccine this way! Get the Chinese one first since it'll probably be first available, followed up by a Moderna, then a J&J later on.

Can't do that in Canada, because they know exactly who's gotten a vaccine, and it's one per-person. Sounds like a bit of a free for all in Thailand though, so you can get vaccinated as many times as you'd like. That's pretty cool. :)

arsenal
May 29th, 2021, 13:17
I would definitely avoid Pattaya Memorial Hospital. A minor procedure a few years ago. Had to wait all day cos only one consultant. Gay and giggly theatre technician who I wanted to punch. Armfuls of drugs to carry away. 55000 baht.

Patanawet
May 29th, 2021, 14:57
I tried to register at 'customer service' at Samitivej hospital on Thursday. They had no idea what I wanted. In the end they said that I should "use the app to register on the 7th of June".
They had no idea of "The Deputy Spokesperson for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs has confirmed that plans have been scrapped for any mobile app or online registration for foreigners, as the data on foreigners living in Thailand is scattered between many agencies. No centralized database exists to use for a mobile app to verify people for a vaccine appointment."

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/details-released-on-how-foreigners-can-sign-up-for-vaccine

OR have there been more u-turns?

snotface
May 29th, 2021, 16:09
I would definitely avoid Pattaya Memorial Hospital.

I disagree. It's certainly the smallest and most basic of Pattaya's three private hospitals, but I’ve had very professional and satisfactory service there at reasonable prices. One can have a bad experience at any hospital, of course. I've heard several horror stories about the Bangkok-Pattaya Hospital, by far Pattaya's biggest (and most expensive).

Dodger
May 29th, 2021, 18:29
......Had to wait all day cos only one consultant. Gay and giggly theatre technician who I wanted to punch. Armfuls of drugs to carry away. 55000 baht.

LOL...Just too funny!

Ruthrieston
May 30th, 2021, 09:48
I managed to register with the Memorial Hospital online, although I doubt if I shall hear from them. BHP refused to accept online registration, as did the International Hospital. In any case I plan to wait for the Moderna vaccine, and I doubt that it will be available before October at best and then there will be a free for all rush to access it. Wait and see is all I can do really.

Dodger
May 30th, 2021, 12:22
...... In any case I plan to wait for the Moderna vaccine, and I doubt that it will be available before October at best and then there will be a free for all rush to access it. Wait and see is all I can do really.

Exactly.

I'll wait for Moderna, unless Pfizer or J&J come along first.

As far as I'm concerned, the government has got itself tied in a Brazilian choke-hold right now. No two Ministers are saying the same thing regarding the vaccine rollout, and it's clear, just by reading this constant flow of misleading and contradictory statements in the newspapers, that they're all working to their own personal agendas.

The fact that the vaccine rollout isn't supported by a Vaccine Distribution Plan that's available for public viewing should come as no surprise to anyone, considering all the opposing forces at play right now.

Hell, I'm just an expat over here on a temporary visa. Either I get the vaccine over here, or I'll fly home and get it there. What they do with the rest of this mess they created is up to them.

StevieWonders
May 30th, 2021, 12:46
I'll wait for Moderna, unless Pfizer or J&J come along first.I’m sure the virus will patiently wait until Dodgems is vaccinated by his vaccine of choice

Dodger
May 31st, 2021, 16:34
According to the article linked below, Thailand now has to purchase AstraZenica vaccine from S. Korea in order to keep its promise to start mass vaccinations in June. Note, that the first promise was to begin mass vaccinations this month (May) which didn't happen.

Apparently the Thai-owned company (Siam bioscience) which was supposed to start making the vaccine can't fulfill the request at this time for some reason...(I'm trying not to laugh as I type this). Also, those quoted in the article claim that the only vaccine that Thailand has processed an urgent purchase order for to date is Sinovac from China.

This will undoubtedly cause a further delay in mass vaccinations.

Just too much fun!

https://pattayaone.news/concealing-vaccine-data-or-not/

StevieWonders
May 31st, 2021, 17:59
Further delays in mass vaccination. Just too much fun!Always great to see the true colours of the retired sexpat in all their glory.

Armando
May 31st, 2021, 20:06
The staff at Chulalongkorn Hospital were all vaccinated around April 20. I expect other front line staff at other hospitals were also vaccinated about then. Presumably they must have got the Chinese vaccine.

Why the government awarded the contract to make the Thai version of the Astra Zeneca vaccine to a company with zero history of making vaccines seems a typical Thai botch up, one that is now costing lives.

Blueskytoday
May 31st, 2021, 20:49
according to the article linked below, thailand now has to purchase astrazenica vaccine from s. Korea in order to keep its promise to start mass vaccinations in june. Note, that the first promise was to begin mass vaccinations this month (may) which didn't happen.

Apparently the thai-owned company (siam bioscience) which was supposed to start making the vaccine can't fulfill the request at this time for some reason...(i'm trying not to laugh as i type this). Also, those quoted in the article claim that the only vaccine that thailand has processed an urgent purchase order for to date is sinovac from china.

This will undoubtedly cause a further delay in mass vaccinations.

Just too much fun!

south korea has its own problems securing vaccines for "its" people...giving to thailand will take "time" as they vaccinate their own people...

Brad the Impala
May 31st, 2021, 23:41
Why the government awarded the contract to make the Thai version of the Astra Zeneca vaccine to a company with zero history of making vaccines seems a typical Thai botch up, one that is now costing lives.

I thought everyone with a Thai association would have been aware of "the connections" that can't be discussed in detail here, but are the answer to the question. Perhaps just google for an out of Thailand source.

StevieWonders
June 1st, 2021, 10:35
I thought everyone with a Thai association would have been aware of "the connections" that can't be discussed in detail here, but are the answer to the question. Perhaps just google for an out of Thailand source.Aren’t you forgetting that most of those who post here are either sex tourists or sexpat retirees who know little to nothing about and have no interest in the real Thailand (while thinking themselves experts about everything Thailand).

Sen Yai
June 1st, 2021, 12:51
Here's an interesting report, narrated by a lady with a nice American accent, explaining why the Mayor of Detroit was a Jack-Ass for refusing anything but Moderna or Pfizer believing them to be the 'good stuff' and everything else to be inferior, based solely on reported efficacy.

I think its worth watching/listening through to the end, where the conclusion is that since all vaccines are 100% effective in preventing hospitalization and death, the best vaccine to take is the first one available to you (yes, even Sputnik) since every shot in the arm takes all of us a step closer to controlling the pandemic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3odScka55A

Dodger
June 1st, 2021, 13:16
Excellent video.

Everyone should view this.

Thanks for posting.

StevieWonders
June 1st, 2021, 14:11
Excellent video. Everyone should view this. Thanks for posting.”Self-aware”? “Moi”?

StevieWonders
June 3rd, 2021, 08:52
Over 100,000 people have expressed interest in receiving the Moderna vaccine through the privately owned Thonburi Healthcare Group (THG) only one day after registrations opened, its chairman said on Wednesday.

https://www.thaienquirer.com/28173/registrations-for-moderna-jab-hit-100000-on-first-day/

arsenal
June 3rd, 2021, 09:54
"Aren’t you forgetting that most of those who post here are either sex tourists or sexpat retirees who know little to nothing about and have no interest in the real Thailand (while thinking themselves experts about everything Thailand)."

Oh foolish thee. There is no "real Thailand" any more than there's any real America or real Germany or real Britain any other country. I don't know if you're aware that it's 2021 not 1900.

StevieWonders
June 3rd, 2021, 10:03
"Aren’t you forgetting that most of those who post here are either sex tourists or sexpat retirees who know little to nothing about and have no interest in the real Thailand (while thinking themselves experts about everything Thailand)."

Oh foolish thee. There is no "real Thailand" any more than there's any real America or real Germany or real Britain any other country. I don't know if you're aware that it's 2021 not 1900.
Been chatting to Justin Bieber recently?

Manforallseasons
June 3rd, 2021, 19:30
Expats can register on app: https://pattayaone.news/expats-can-book-their-jabs-from-june-7/

Dodger
June 4th, 2021, 12:46
Additional Thailand Vaccine Registration Instructions for Expats:

U.S. Embassy Thailand

https://th.usembassy.gov/health-alert-u-s-embassy-bangkok-thailand-may-25-2021/

Dodger
June 6th, 2021, 16:39
Expats can register on app: https://pattayaone.news/expats-can-book-their-jabs-from-june-7/

The vaccination appointment through this website is for embassy staff, consulates, international organizations and their families only.

In preparation for getting registered at Bangkok-Pattaya Hospital tomorrow (June 7) I called them. According to what I was told, no registrations for foreigners are being taken at this time. Only Thai nationals can register now.

StevieWonders
June 6th, 2021, 16:51
I along with friends of mine in Bangkok have successfully registered in person at either Saint Louis Hospital or Bangkok Christian Hospital. No online or telephone registration is possible it seems.

Manforallseasons
June 7th, 2021, 09:05
….

Dodger
June 7th, 2021, 12:17
….

I wonder if this means people over 60 can register, or only people over 60 who have the underlying disease(s) they listed?

Patanawet
June 7th, 2021, 12:54
Still nothing for Samitivej for private vaccination.
eMail received last night.

Greetings from Samitivej Sukhumvit Hospital.

We regret to inform you that currently we are not open for registration and COVID vaccine is not available at our hospital at this moment.

We still do not have information on exactly when, which vaccine(s) will be available to us, how many doses we will be able to procure, or what the price of each dose will be at this point in time. When the information becomes clearer, we will be sure to keep you updated with the details.

We thank you for your understanding and patience in the matter very much.

Best regards,

Thanarat Pichetsuntorn
Samitivej Sukhumvit Hospital

StevieWonders
June 7th, 2021, 14:01
It’ll be October according to this article before private hospital supplies are available. I’m assuming they mean 2021 ;)

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thai-private-hospitals-to-purchase-10-million-moderna-doses-deliveries-expected-by-october/

Patanawet
June 7th, 2021, 14:51
Well, some progress -- maybe.
I followed a link (forget where from) that took me to a site where I could register online. Oh, it's called intervac. http://www.thailandintervac.com Amongst other things it lists there, vaccines (2 available now and 2 not). COVID-19 Vaccine Availability
Updated on June 6th,2021
Sinovac (Available)
AstraZeneca (Available)
Johnsons & Johnsons
Moderna

On completing the form, I got this confirmation:

VACCINE BOOKING INFORMATION
Date
01 JAN 1970

Place
-

Time
Status
Wait for an email confirmation from oicddchotline@gmail.com

Make of that what you will.

As an aside, the spokesman on the CCSA daily bulletin just said that from today it is not possible for 'walk-in' registrations..

Wait and see I suppose.

Manforallseasons
June 7th, 2021, 15:18
I registered and received an appointment date for the vaccine…….Jan. 1 1970……not joking :yahoo_mini:

StevieWonders
June 7th, 2021, 15:47
To answer Dodgems’ question - everyone 60+ AND those with certain medical conditions. I’m guessing that includes conditions where the immune system is suppressed such as diabetes and HIV. Therefore a sprightly 30yo with a medical condition is entitled to register as is a 61yo sound in wind and limb.

Patanawet
June 7th, 2021, 15:52
Manforalleasons yes, see my post above.

Dodger
June 7th, 2021, 17:26
I registered and received an appointment date for the vaccine…….Jan. 1 1970……not joking :yahoo_mini:

I'm assuming these on-line registrations are just defaulting to Jan 1st just to get the applicants on the books.

Actual appointment dates can't be established yet because they don't know when they'll be receiving the vaccines.

Armando
June 8th, 2021, 16:30
Today I received a call from one of Bangkok's Private Hospitals giving me date and time in late July. I assumed I would have to pay (which I would gladly do) and was surprised when told this would be provided by the government at no charge. The lady could not tell me yet which vaccine it will be.

Manforallseasons
June 8th, 2021, 18:37
Those in Thailand who want the Moderna vaccine might see it available in October:
https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/private-hospitals-ordering-10-million-doses-of-moderna-expected-to-arrive-by-october

Sen Yai
June 8th, 2021, 18:53
Don't forget that the best vaccine for you and everyone else in Thailand is the first vaccine available to you.

StevieWonders
June 14th, 2021, 18:22
By now your name and passport number is probably for sale on the Dark Web. There’s been a data breach of the Intervacc site; names and passport numbers were disclosed publicly

https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/vaccine-site-for-foreigners-in-thailand-spills-names-passport-numbers/

Armando
June 14th, 2021, 20:17
I'm surprised that anyone is surprised!

Dodger
June 21st, 2021, 15:31
Private hospitals getting frustrated, and casting blame on government for not being transparent and for blocking the procurement of foreign vaccines.

Nothing that we don't already know, but nicely summarized.

https://www.thaienquirer.com/28502/private-hospitals-grow-increasingly-frustrated-with-government/

MikaQ5
June 24th, 2021, 16:24
https://xn--12cmj6ba0a7b3g4a6fud5d2a.com/

Is the site here in Phuket for non work permit farang
I registered last Monday ,got a choice of appointments/ venues ( + 2nd jab appointment )
Booked 27 June for the AZ jab

No residency proof that I can see ( although it's possible to cross checked with your 90 day report I imagine

Dodger
July 5th, 2021, 10:50
Guam is in the process of launching, what it refers to as, "Air Vacation & Vaccination (Air V&V) Packages".

Your choice; Moderna, Pfizer, or Johnson & Johnson.

The statement below was taken from one of their articles:

"The Air V&V program requires participants to pay for their quarantine hotel stay, up to a week, during which they will receive a vaccine shot on the second day. Depending on which vaccine they choose, visitors could be on island for as little as three days, or more than a month. If they test negative at the end of their hotel quarantine, they would be allowed to leave their hotel room and enjoy the island, just like any other traveler".

Packages include;

- Airport transfers
- 2 doses vaccine (or, 1 dose Johnson & Johnson)
- Vaccine Card and Vaccine Medical History Report
- 3 PCR tests (during stay)

Flights from Bangkok Suvarnabhumi to Guam are approx 12 hours (or longer depending on the itinerary you select). (one stop flights)

If tourists request Moderna or Pfizer vaccines they must stay one month or longer on the island (government quarantine hotel). J&J only requires 3 days stay. Cost of meals not included in the package.

People with previous blood clotting issues are advised to avoid the J&J vaccine.

The option of getting the J&J vaccine and only staying in Guam for 3-4 days is appealing to me, although I just can't handle the 14 day quarantine in Bangkok on the return. This may be of interest to others.

If you want hotel registration details, cost, etc. - you can send your request for information to this address: infotokyo@guamreef.com. You must include your fill name, age, and brief description of what your interested in. I see a message to them yesterday and waiting for reply.

Some general information about Air V&V provided in the links below:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/guam-offering-vaccine-tourism-packages-to-help-kickstart-economy/

https://www.guamvisitorsbureau.com/news/news-releases/air-vandv-program-ready-for-takeoff

cdnmatt
July 6th, 2021, 19:17
July 18th, second Modurna dose!

You expats should move to Canada, because our vaccination program seems to kick ass. We were all promised a first dose by end of Sept... I'm 39 and will have my second dose in a couple weeks, so we're way ahead of schedule.

Looks like pretty boy Trudeau will probably get himself re-elected next election.

Dodger
July 9th, 2021, 16:54
Several expats in Pattaya have confirmed the fact that farang over age 75 can get free Astrazenica jab at the Bang Sue Grand Station/Bangkok from now until July 18. Not sure what happens after July 18.

Dodger
July 9th, 2021, 19:00
According to the CCSA Meeting Overview (see below) Pfizer vaccine donated by the U.S. to Thailand will also be available to foreigners over age 60.

There's a lot of "if's" here, but at least things seem to be moving in the right direction.

https://web.facebook.com/thailandprd/videos/505679064096166/?_rdc=1&_rdr

CameronPride
July 9th, 2021, 20:13
If you have a work permit under BOI you can now register online as at today. I just got this email:
Dear Sir/Madam,
Thailand is preparing for the full reopening and currently working to curb COVID-19 outbreak. To this end, Thailand Board of Investment (BOI) would like to ask for your cooperation in answering the SURVEY in relation to COVID-19 vaccination. The information we receive from you will be passed on to the responsible agencies to further plan appropriate COVID-19 vaccine rollout for foreigners in Thailand.

Please click here https://booking.boi.go.th/vaccine.php

Kind regards,
Foreign Expert Unit

Dodger
July 17th, 2021, 08:45
Free Vaccine for Expats over 60

MedPark Hospital Bangkok is now accepting Registration Requests for free vaccine for any expat over 60. No I.D Card required.

Completing the on-line Request Form took 10 minutes.
Must include scanned copy of passport.

When completing the Form, it defaulted to showing me the month of August. I selected the date and time in August that I would like to make my appointment.

Confirmation of this Request will come to me via e:mail.

Here's the link to the Request Form:

https://www.medparkhospital.com/en/page/covid19-vaccine-expats?fbclid=IwAR3lH0aFOcallTbaTpxUEGXOADtVqP8sbd-XYmde4siHyxDw-HcVhtyU3Nw.

The assumption is that expats over 60 will receive the Astrazenica vaccine.

Good Luck!

Dodger
July 17th, 2021, 09:36
Update to previous post:

I received Confirmation from MedPark Hospital less than 1 hour after completing the on-line form.

The reservation is for the date and time I requested at their hospital in Bangkok.

It appears they still have openings for the month of August.

Good luck!

jvt22222
July 17th, 2021, 11:55
Dodger … thanks for the connection …. I booked with MedPark and got a response back in minutes….however, something I seem to be missing …. I cannot see anywhere in the narrative from MedPark identifies which vaccine they are using ….Sinoxxx or Sinoyyy or AstraZeneca. … can you help me there?? Thanks.

Dodger
July 17th, 2021, 12:59
Dodger … thanks for the connection …. I booked with MedPark and got a response back in minutes….however, something I seem to be missing …. I cannot see anywhere in the narrative from MedPark identifies which vaccine they are using ….Sinoxxx or Sinoyyy or AstraZeneca. … can you help me there?? Thanks.

I had the same question -so I called them on the phone and they said the vaccine would be Astrazenica.

For your records, the MedPark phone number s 020-233-333 (extension 8 gets you to the Vaccine Desk).

Cheers

jvt22222
July 17th, 2021, 21:52
Thanks so much … you’re a gem.

Dodger
July 19th, 2021, 08:44
I was just informed by a friend this morning that the MedPark Vaccine Registrations have reached their limit and no more Registrations on-line can be made at this time.

Coming as no surprise, they have a limited capacity.

If there's someone out there still interested, you could always monitor their site for any changes/updates.

bkkguy
July 19th, 2021, 19:16
walk-in vaccinations for ex-pats over 75 are on again at Bangsue

Walk-in vaccination facility open from today for foreigners aged above 75 - The Nation (https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40003428)

cdnmatt
July 19th, 2021, 20:10
I'm just happy I got my second jab of Modurna yesterday. Good to go!

Now just have to wait for Asia to get things under control, and maybe I can get out of here.

2lz2p
July 20th, 2021, 08:45
walk-in vaccinations for ex-pats over 75 are on again at Bangsue

Walk-in vaccination facility open from today for foreigners aged above 75 - The Nation (https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40003428)

Since this announcement is from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) which is not involved in the process, I am hoping it is correct information - they have been known to get it wrong when commenting on issues being implemented by other governmental agencies. I would be interested in seeing a post by someone who has gone there and received their shot.

The previous program, which ended on 18 July was also at Bang Sue Grand station, but at Gate 1. I went with a group by van on 10 July and got our shot -- the second dose, apparently at the same location, is 3 months later. Many other farangs 75 and over also obtained their first AstraZeneca dose there on or before 18 July.

The Pattaya News in their article on the MFA announcement had the added comment:
TPN notes that supply may vary and we are only providing this message as a courtesy and not guaranteeing that anyone who goes to this location will manage to get a vaccine, as the original message comes from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and not ourselves.

Manforallseasons
July 20th, 2021, 14:04
Government public relations office confirms foreigners 75 and above above vaccinations @ Bang Sue:

https://thailand.prd.go.th/ewt_news.php?nid=11591

2lz2p
July 20th, 2021, 15:14
Government public relations office confirms foreigners 75 and above above vaccinations @ Bang Sue:

https://thailand.prd.go.th/ewt_news.php?nid=11591

Their post is that of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs announcement. As mentioned, I hope it is true but would like to see a report that farangs 75 and over have been able to obtain the vaccine as stated. For those in Pattaya, it is a long trip along with maybe having to explain oneself at checkpoints to arrive and find it was incorrect information.

goji
July 20th, 2021, 15:29
Their post is that of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs announcement. As mentioned, I hope it is true but would like to see a report that farangs 75 and over have been able to obtain the vaccine as stated. For those in Pattaya, it is a long trip along with maybe having to explain oneself at checkpoints to arrive and find it was incorrect information.

There has already been a report by Manforallseasons confirming that he and others received vaccines there. So taking initiative got the rewards it deserved.
He also included a photo which clearly showed a good proportion of farang in the waiting area.

Dodger
July 20th, 2021, 20:18
Two more of my friends (over 75) went to Bang Sue today and got their vaccines without any hitches. Besides MFAS, who was the first person I know who went to Bang Sue, many others have gone and I have yet to hear of any problems.

Good Luck!

2lz2p
July 21st, 2021, 10:19
Two more of my friends (over 75) went to Bang Sue today and got their vaccines without any hitches. Besides MFAS, who was the first person I know who went to Bang Sue, many others have gone and I have yet to hear of any problems.

Good Luck!

Thanks Dodger,

This was the information I was interested in seeing as those that previously obtained the vaccine, including myself, went to Bang Sue Grand station Gate 1. That program using Gate 1 ended on 18 July 2021.

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs announcement was for an apparent new program for the walk ins to go to the other Gates that have been used for those making appointments (age 60 or over or with certain underlying conditions). It is good to know those 75 & over can still walk in.

It is my understanding that for others including Thais that are under 75 must make an appointment and can't just walk in. As yet, I have not seen any information for farangs under 75 to register except for a telephone number. The reports I have seen is that if you call the number, it answers with a message in Thai and then hangs up. If any farang under 75 has been able to register, it would be helpful if they could post the information.

Nirish guy
July 21st, 2021, 16:42
For those who may be interested here's a video taken yesterday ( credit Asian wish youtube channel) - of an Austrian guy going through the entire process of being vaccinated after being provided a first vaccine at the Bang Sue centre by their embassy. It shows the centre very busy with many farang in attendance it seems, with attempts at social distancing in place but perhaps not being very well policed ( compared to our local centres anyway). One valid point he made was that it took 3.5 hours in total and left him within 10 minutes of not making it back to Pattaya before curfew kicked in, so that's perhaps something to build into your plans if lucky enough to be called up I guess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vDTktsr1Dc

francois
July 22nd, 2021, 08:52
I returned to USA on 18 July and received my Covid vaccine, Pfizer, the following day at a local Pharmacy. Basically no one wears masks here except a few people who likely are not fully vaccinated. Night and day compared to Thailand! Should mention that the two airplanes were near empty on the trip; no waiting in line for the toilet!:yes:

2lz2p
July 22nd, 2021, 10:21
For those who may be interested here's a video taken yesterday ( credit Asian wish youtube channel) - of an Austrian guy going through the entire process of being vaccinated after being provided a first vaccine at the Bang Sue centre by their embassy. It shows the centre very busy with many farang in attendance it seems, with attempts at social distancing in place but perhaps not being very well policed ( compared to our local centres anyway). One valid point he made was that it took 3.5 hours in total and left him within 10 minutes of not making it back to Pattaya before curfew kicked in, so that's perhaps something to build into your plans if lucky enough to be called up I guess.

I am glad he got his vaccination, but according to the video it WAS NOT at Bang Sue Grand station. Rather it was doses announced by his Embassy at a different location in Bang Sue - from the video:

Your registration for covid-19 vaccine was successful. The vaccination date is tomorrow, Sunday 18 July at 4 pm at SCG (Siam Cement Group) Headquarters, 1 Cement Road, Bang Sue (Please note: NOT inside the Bang Sue Central Station).

However, I think those going to Bang Sue Grand station may also encounter crowds and a lengthy wait, so should plan accordingly. The gates now used are those other than Gate 1, which was previously used for those 75 and older. I and some others went on 10 July to Gate 1 arriving about 2pm. It was not crowded and the process took a little over an hour for blood pressure check, registration, vaccination, and then 30 minute wait before leaving.

The primary delay was traffic around the station; it took over one hour to get there after exiting the expressway in mostly bumper to bumper traffic. It was a Saturday, so maybe more traffic around the station on the weekend. With the current lock down, maybe traffic will not be so bad.

However, while stalled in traffic, I did observe very large crowds massed before the other gates. At that time, those gates I believe were being used for those that were 60+ or underlying diseases that had made appointments.

Blueskytoday
July 22nd, 2021, 20:11
In the states, as most of you know,,,there are NO lines to get a vaccine....You can get them free practically anywhere you live...the problem is too many americans are stupid not to get one.....other countries are begging for the vaccines to give to their people,

francois
July 23rd, 2021, 20:40
So true, Blueskytoday! There are also Americans in Thailand that I know who refuse to get the Astra Zeneca vaccine and they are Trump disciples.

Dodger
July 24th, 2021, 09:36
So true, Blueskytoday! There are also Americans in Thailand that I know who refuse to get the Astra Zeneca vaccine and they are Trump disciples.

Good point.

Right now in the U.S. 40% of the new cases of covid are coming from 3 States; Missouri, Florida, and Texas. All 3 Trump Sates - where the governors are still encouraging people not to bother with the vaccine. Go figure!

I only have 2 friends in Thailand who were (are) Trump supporters, and to your point, they are both antimate about not getting any vaccine.

I don't see them much anynore!

Blueskytoday
July 24th, 2021, 20:35
Sorry to say, BUT,,if these clowns get deathly ill....I don't give a damn....I yell at the tv news when I see these people who will not get vaccinated....idiots...

Nirish guy
July 24th, 2021, 23:41
I had this very type discussion on Tiktok just this morning no less.

Where with an American who had recently moved to Phuket at the start of the pandemic there "to get away from being told what to do about wearing masks and getting his vaccine in the States" as " he was no sheep and he was a free man and no one would be telling HIM what to do etc" posted along the lines of "this lockdown (in phuket) is shit, everywhere's closed, they need to open up the place NOW!"

I pointed out to him that as the vast majority on Thai's were still unvaccinated and even the ones who were probably only had lesser vaccines than in the West etc to do that at this point, with the Delta variant about to run rampant would be foolish to say the least. I was then told I watched too much MSM ( main stream media) news and things were't half as bad as being reported and "he was fine' ( obviously after getting vaccinated in the Sates so he could travel !) and that I was probably the type that drove alone in my car with a mask on while driving ( I don't) and that I was "obviously" a sheep !

I just despair / get angry with people like that as they're happy to throw their bullshit opinions and "facts" around like confetti ( which other stupid people then accept as fact and worse still perhaps then act on them re no masks and not getting vaccinated etc) but GOD FORBID they actually open their eyes, do some research and find out things for themselves such as the "numbers of people infected and that daily growth rate etc etc" - but no, again I was told, almost like a badge of honour, that "he doesn't accept ANY information from the media" and instead prefers "youtube" as that's where the REAL truth is posted - I'm guessing Parlor would also be a favourite source of his.

It just pains me / make me SO angry that people like him are running about Phuket and other cities in Thailand ( and the World) still telling anyone who'll listen "this is all nonsense you know, you dont need any vaccine, the virus doesn't even exist blah blah blah ". I believe various Governments are actually talking about bringing in Laws to stop the likes of him posting such blatant misinformation and in this guys case and the seemingly many stupid people like him I just hope those laws comes sooner rather than later - and yes in this case FUCK free speech laws - needs must.

Likewise then all the "educated" people who choose not to get vaccinated - which I'm fine with - should I feel also be made to sign a disclaimer barring them from any further Covid related treatment in the future should they get Covid, that at least would be one great way of thinning out the herd somewhat by natural selection from the seemingly ever increasing amount of entitled who better idiots who seem to be crawling out of every corner of the internet of late - better they just shut up before they kill some poor innocent who is daft or uneducated enough to listen to them !

There, rant over :-) Carry on :-)

Dodger
July 30th, 2021, 08:49
The ThailandIntervac site still shows "no more bookings at this time", although has been updated to include a list of designated hospitals avaiable for expat pre-registraion.

Most of the hospitals on the list show either "no bookings" or " check back later"., but at least it provides direct links to these other hospitals which may be helpful to some.

https://www.thailandintervac.com/

Dodger
July 30th, 2021, 11:57
Pfizer and AstraZenica vaccine donations form abroad due to arrive in Thailand.

Expats included in plan:

https://thethaiger.com/news/national/vaccines-for-foreigners-105k-astrazeneca-150k-pfizer

catawampuscat
July 30th, 2021, 12:30
I heard that the walk-in Covid vaccination at Bang Sue is now available for 70+, reduced from 75 y.o. Sorry, no link.

Dodger
August 2nd, 2021, 10:54
New Vaccine Registration Site for expats 60 and over who need their first jab;

Link to Registration Site included in article below.

https://pattayaone.news/online-registration-for-vaccination-opens-for-expats/

2lz2p
August 2nd, 2021, 11:29
New Vaccine Registration Site for expats 60 and over who need their first jab;

The article notes that data from a previous registration database has been merged into the new database. The new database allows all foreigners to register, but notes the following:

Please note that priority is given to foreign residents aged 60 years and above and to those with pregnancy (at least 12 weeks) and those who have one of the 7 underlying medical conditions below:

This registration site's link is: https://expatvac.consular.go.th/

Dodger
August 11th, 2021, 10:55
I just received my first jab at MedPark Hospital in Bangkok.

I arrived thinking I was going to get the AstraZenica vaccine, but was given Pfizer.

They scheduled my return for a second jab of Pfizer in 3 weeks.

It's like Christmas!

Dodger
August 19th, 2021, 16:36
The Intervac Vaccine Registration site has been updated.

Any expat (60 and over) who hasn't pre-registered for their first jab can do so here (Pfizer, AstraZenica, Sinovac):

https://www.thailandintervac.com.

snotface
August 19th, 2021, 19:42
In Pattaya at any rate there seems to be a rush on to get farangs over 60 vaccinated. I had my first AZ jab about a week ago after BHP contacted me out of the blue. A friend who had been complaining about the lack of action (medical variety) then had three offers of vaccination in as many days from three different sources and chose to have the Pfizer one in Sri Racha. Since it's all free, I'm a bit puzzled by the sudden haste, especially bearing in mind the delays in the population at large. In the usual run of things it's Thais first, farangs nowhere. A recognition of our value to an ailing economy? Doubtful. Not sure what the reason is.

Dodger
August 19th, 2021, 19:55
In Pattaya at any rate there seems to be a rush on to get farangs over 60 vaccinated. I had my first AZ jab about a week ago after BHP contacted me out of the blue. A friend who had been complaining about the lack of action (medical variety) then had three offers of vaccination in as many days from three different sources and chose to have the Pfizer one in Sri Racha. Since it's all free, I'm a bit puzzled by the sudden haste, especially bearing in mind the delays in the population at large. In the usual run of things it's Thais first, farangs nowhere. A recognition of our value to an ailing economy? Doubtful. Not sure what the reason is.

I'm equally dumbfounded by this.

No complaints from me - but it sure is strange.

Manforallseasons
August 19th, 2021, 20:42
Just a guess but I think as part of the donations from the U.S. and the U.K. of vaccines a designated portion of the vaccines where allocated specifically for expats.

goji
August 19th, 2021, 23:23
Just a guess but I think as part of the donations from the U.S. and the U.K. of vaccines a designated portion of the vaccines where allocated specifically for expats.

As a bare minimum, I would expect countries donating vaccines to insist their citizens are not further down the pecking order than the locals for vaccines.

Dodger
August 20th, 2021, 07:55

I agree.

But the fact that they actually have enough left over for expats is strange for Thailand. Hell, they have a million Generals to feed...LOL