PDA

View Full Version : More hydra talk

Dodger
May 25th, 2021, 08:23
Quote Originally Posted by Oliver2

Happy days. I often think that, if I were to be offered a well-deserved eternity of delight, I'd choose it to be in the front row of Panorama between 1900 and 2000. Even more so than in the go go bars themselves. After all, not only was the experience itself pleasurable but it was heightened by what lay ahead.

sglad comments:

Really? For all your talk of your loving, saintly boyfriend Pee Pee - and I guess it's just that, talk - one would think you would want to spend an eternity with him, not watching a bunch of whores eat, gather and walk past.

Dodger's comments:

Oliver, if you haven't figured it out yet, sglad is just another Troll, and very possibly another one of Stevie's hydra's.

I've just placed him on "Ignore" and suggest that you and the other members do the same.

sglad, Not that I expect you to adhere to my request, but you are not welcome as a poster on any of the Posts that I have started. Find somewhere else to spread your insulting comments. It's obvious that you're only motivation on this Board is to antagonize and insult our members, something I have little tolerance for.

Moderators, I have placed a "red triangle" on sglad's response to Oliver and would request that his comments be removed from this thread.

Better yet, remove him from our universe.

sglad
May 25th, 2021, 08:57
sglad, Not that I expect you to adhere to my request, but you are not welcome as a poster on any of the Posts that I have started. Find somewhere else to spread your insulting comments. It's obvious that you're only motivation on this Board is to antagonize and insult our members, something I have little tolerance for.

I think the curiosity that I expressed over Oliver's comments is not misplaced. Like yourself, Oliver takes himself, and more specifically, his sense of goodness, kindness and moral superiority very seriously. The likes of him, and you, are not above berating others for the slightest perceived transgressions against the Thai people even if they are made in tongue-in-ass-cheek (latintopxxx for example). So when he makes statements against his own moral code and years of professed love for his boyfriend, then I am entitled to - how do you say it - red triangle it.

cdnmatt
May 25th, 2021, 09:02
Dodger, I think you're missing the concept of the word "ignore".

Dodger
May 25th, 2021, 09:45
Dodger, I think you're missing the concept of the word "ignore".

No, I just forgot to put the asshole on "Ignore" before.

In your case, I changed my mind.

Armando
May 25th, 2021, 12:35
Better yet, remove him from our universe.
Could not agree more. sglad is Beachlover Mark 2.

sglad was outed as a hydra some years ago after he had trashed a couple of members. Then he was banned. For an inexplicable reason, he was allowed back. Once banned, always banned is surely the rule. Will the moderators please advise members why sglad is still permitted to post?

He has long ago dropped the fiction that he is from Singapore, that he ever studied in Chiang Mai and that he is a "lad". He is no Singaporean and he is no Asian. He is just a cheat (hydra) and Board disruptor . He should be permanently banned. Putting him on ignore only fuels his fantasy life.

Moses
May 25th, 2021, 13:16
sglad was outed as a hydra some years ago after he had trashed a couple of members. Then he was banned. For an inexplicable reason, he was allowed back. Once banned, always banned is surely the rule. Will the moderators please advise members why sglad is still permitted to post?

Public discussion of moderation is rule 4.4 violation.
https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showthread.php?15945-Posting-rules-amp-guidelines

Armando
May 25th, 2021, 15:03
Public discussion of moderation is rule 4.4 violation.
https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showthread.php?15945-Posting-rules-amp-guidelines

Merely as a point of clarification, I note the following -

4.2.3 On a third or subsequent occasion, the member may be banned for a minimum of six (6) months or such greater period as the Owner determines and advised by PM. Additional sanctions may be applied to hydras and their owners including a suspension of PM privileges.

As far as I am aware, this rule existed when the ownership of the Board changed. The rule itself is basically clear. A banning is by PM. Yet in the case of sglad and his alter ego sugargrandpa, the banning by Surfcrest was done in public in a public posts!! And the withdrawal of the ban was also done by a public post.

Later on 24 Feb 2017 Surfcrest wrote this in a public post -

"Members,

If Sglad or Sugargrandpa return I'll know and I'll let you know. So far, this hasn't happened, nor has Beachlover been back so please leave the CIA work to me."

On 26 Oct 2017 bobsaigon2 wrote the following in a post -

"Sglad was banned after it was clear that he was a hydra, and then he was invited back to the Forum, perhaps just to annoy those who merited the owner’s disfavor." And a447 was also publicly banned for a time.

I wonder therefore why all the actions re sglad were in fact done publicly! Then Surfcrest permits sglad back on the Board without notifying anyone - as he had promised. sglad had been outed as a hydra. The fact that the issue had been aired publicly is the only reason I have discussed the issue here.

On Feb 10 2015 Surfcrest publicly outed others who had been banned from the Board -

"To date, the small list of those living members not with us includes; kjun12, Smoothlegs (Ron), Zebedee, Timmberty, Khor Tose and now firecat69"

Incidentally a SugarDad also made a post on 1 August last year. Are we to know if he part of the sglad hydra?

Zebedee
May 25th, 2021, 17:37
LOL
This is hilarious.

Dodger
May 25th, 2021, 18:33
LOL......This is hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8WMGBuNaus

sglad
May 25th, 2021, 19:10
LOL
This is hilarious.

I feel sad for Armando/fountainhall/PeterRS etc. It's been four years since I declined his advances (when he was fountainhall) and he still hasn't got over me. I think that's why his loyal lapdog a447 has moved his latest diatribe to this forum to prevent him from further embarrassment. In the past four years, I've achieved several personal and professional milestones but what has Armando/fountainhall accomplished in that time? I see he is still flouncing from forum to forum under different names; stomping his foot like the 80-year-old girl that he is whenever he couldn't get his nemeses banned viz frequent/StevieWonders, Manforallseasons/Undaunted, etc. The fountainhall moniker has now been retired in all three gay Thailand forums but he is still so very bitter. Just look at the intricate detail of his post above - clearly he hasn't been able to move on.

Incidentally, Armando registered on this forum on August 2020 and I registered in December 2016, almost four years years earlier yet he seems to know my alleged posting history so intimately. Amazing Thailand! Get over it, fountainhall, and pay someone to like you as you normally do. Use whatever time you've got left to have fun and enjoy yourself. I'm not and never will be interested.

Brad the Impala
May 25th, 2021, 20:28
I do hope someone is keeping tally of all the posters who have posted under other names, because I really can't be bothered. Sometimes it seems as if the majority have posted at some stage under another name.

arsenal
May 25th, 2021, 21:26
Ah yes. I see it all now. foutainhall wooed sglad when sglad was a fresh faced firm buttocked lithe and springy student from Singapore but was spurned. Now revenge is on the menu as an incognito fountainhall disguised as Armando stalks his previous quarry. Sglad, since those heady salad days has transformed himself into a bitter, spiteful and often repellent old queen with a saggy arse and iverbal incontinence but still spurns his former suitor. The course of true love blah blah blah... Meanwhile Matt, our previously untouchable winner of 'board fantasist' is emerging as the rather genial giver of rational common sense. Whatever next. Keep watching folks.

Armando
May 26th, 2021, 10:49
I feel sad for Armando/fountainhall/PeterRS etc. It's been four years since I declined his advances (when he was fountainhall) and he still hasn't got over me. I think that's why his loyal lapdog a447 has moved his latest diatribe to this forum to prevent him from further embarrassment. In the past four years, I've achieved several personal and professional milestones but what has Armando/fountainhall accomplished in that time? I see he is still flouncing from forum to forum under different names; stomping his foot like the 80-year-old girl that he is whenever he couldn't get his nemeses banned viz frequent/StevieWonders, Manforallseasons/Undaunted, etc. The fountainhall moniker has now been retired in all three gay Thailand forums but he is still so very bitter. Just look at the intricate detail of his post above - clearly he hasn't been able to move on.

Incidentally, Armando registered on this forum on August 2020 and I registered in December 2016, almost four years years earlier yet he seems to know my alleged posting history so intimately. Amazing Thailand! Get over it, fountainhall, and pay someone to like you as you normally do. Use whatever time you've got left to have fun and enjoy yourself. I'm not and never will be interested.
I love a good laugh! Don't you just love it when the hydra sglad spouts the multiple fictions he has been trying to get posters to believe ever since he first joined. He clearly does not know how this Board functions. It does have a decent Search function.

Although no one now on this Board clearly believes he was ever who he claimed to be - just like the finally departed Beachlover, although at least Beachlover made a valiant attempt to keep up his own fiction until he was banned everywhere - the only method sglad uses on this Board is to attack other posters. When there is no one around to attack he just makes up yet another of his attack dog fictions. It's just sooo boring! Give it up hydra sglad. How is your Sugargrandpa, by the way? So many now have you on ignore your fictions here will be of interest only to yourself. Time to go back to your Board. I know Cruising for Sex is 99.99% dead. You might even be of some little use to the gay world by spending your time trying to revive it.

Bye!

Moses
May 26th, 2021, 16:39
I'm really pissed off by this carnival.

Guys, I should remind to all, what board rules are: we don't discuss hydras/clones on public. Use red triangle and provide proof. If you have no proof - well, what we are talking about then?

Should I push penalty for each public accusation in account cloning without proof? Or you will stop this stupid (yes!!! - you are adult) bazaar?

For "short-memory" people I remind: we had proof of Frequent/Sglad clones and Frequent has been permanently banned while Sglad as more older account was punished by 6 months of temp.ban (I think it was 6, but not sure about length and I am lazy to check records).

To Sglad (it is admin's note, no need to answer): your intention to insult people is out of your control now. Please watch it closely: I don't like when one member insulting another member. Post may be provocative or sensational, but it should never be insulting. I made this public warning for to make my hands free: next my action will be temp.ban.

To all: if this carousel will not stopped, I will force 1 day temp.ban for public accusation in cloning without proof.

goji
May 26th, 2021, 18:10
To all: if this carousel will not stopped, I will force 1 day temp.ban for public accusation in cloning without proof.

If I understand correctly:
1 Hydras, clones and trolls are not to be banned (since obtaining proof is impossible, even when it is highly obvious)
2 Genuine board members who call out the hydras get banned ?

It follows that the quality of board content will decline, due to the protection of hydras & trolls, so membership will become less valuable. Hence getting banned would not be a cause for sleepless nights.

A logical response by members:
Put the hydras, trolls and clones on ignore.
Post much less often (which I need to do anyway).
Carry on calling out the hydras, since if the place is infested with them, losing posting privileges doesn't matter as much.

mr giggles
May 26th, 2021, 18:24
Use red triangle and provide proof. If you have no proof - well, what we are talking about then?

Agreed

arsenal
May 26th, 2021, 19:17
I will continue to call out the nefarious behaviour of the collective mrgiggles et al and take the 24 hour ban. Probably starting now. As goji has pointed out, the appeal of posting here is diminishing by the day.

cdnmatt
May 26th, 2021, 20:21
Carry on calling out the hydras, since if the place is infested with them, losing posting privileges doesn't matter as much.

I know you have me on ignore, but what constitutes a troll goji? You think I'm a troll and would have me banned in a heartbeat, so there's that... How about MFAS? He only posts nagative shit, so is he a troll? Or is he cool in your book, because he's a bitter old man, same as you?

We can't have Moses just going around banning someone everytime an 80 year old has a mood swing. Then you're just going to end up with a small group of 80 year olds complaining there's no activity on the forum.

Most importantly, it's YOU guys that are causing all the noise and disruption, not the so-called trolls. It's YOU guys. Seems like everytime I come to this forum now I have to put up with a bunch of cranky old guys flailing their arms like rabid lemurs, "there's a troll, there's a troll!". Stop doing it, and ignore those you don't like.

This is basic shit we learned when we were 4 years old and going to pre-school. Ignore the not nice kids, and go play with your friends. It's really not that novell of a concept.

Armando
May 26th, 2021, 22:21
IFor "short-memory" people I remind: we had proof of Frequent/Sglad clones and Frequent has been permanently banned while Sglad as more older account was punished by 6 months of temp.ban (I think it was 6, but not sure about length and I am lazy to check records).

To Sglad (it is admin's note, no need to answer): your intention to insult people is out of your control now. Please watch it closely: I don't like when one member insulting another member. Post may be provocative or sensational, but it should never be insulting. I made this public warning for to make my hands free: next my action will be temp.ban.

I endorse Moses comments and will self-moderate comments about other posters.

So now we know that sglad was banned because he was a hydra posting at the same time as sugargrandpa AND he was banned again because he was posting as sglad AND Frequent. I don't expect an answer, but I wonder how many times a hydra is permitted to return and continue with posting privileges before a total ban is put into effect.

Moses
May 26th, 2021, 22:21
That's typical "proof" for inquisition, witch-hunting or for lynching...

For your surprise: wanna see who of users log-in to forum from the same IP what are used by sglad?

So.... if I will use "highly obvious" arguments, I may make some mistakes in conclusions...

Moses
May 26th, 2021, 22:24

So now we know that sglad was banned because he was a hydra posting at the same time as sugargrandpa AND he was banned again because he was posting as sglad AND Frequent. I don't expect an answer, but I wonder how many times a hydra is permitted to return and continue with posting privileges before a total ban is put into effect.

We forever ban clones but we don't ban "puppeteer" forever. Most old account from clones we count as puppeteer and only temp.ban it as a penalty for creating clone.

Surfcrest
May 26th, 2021, 23:56

So now we know that sglad was banned because he was a hydra posting at the same time as sugargrandpa AND.....blah blah blah...

That was all explained in detail at the time, if you were here as a different member name back then. I’d encourage you to use the search button, instead of rewriting history.

And please don’t confuse publicly with transparency.

Surfcrest

Brad the Impala
May 27th, 2021, 00:08

Will you tell us what other handles you have posted under? You seem to know a lot about the history of posters for someone who only registered nine months ago!

Perhaps we should have our version of the Truth and Reconcliation Commisission whereby everyone comes clean and we can go back to posting, and reading, about the more important things in life.

I'll start it off. I used to post as Charles, and then about 15 or 20 years ago we all had to re-register for some reason and needed to choose a different handle. Clearly I could have chosen something imaginative like Charles 2, but for some reason I went completely over the top(possibly pissed), but have nevertheless stuck with this name ever since.

Moses
May 27th, 2021, 00:26
I'll start it off.

I'm here from 2009. The same nickname as I have now. In about 2011 (?) Neil banned me because my email is from Russia and forum was under spam-attacks from Russia. In 2016 I reregistered.

cdnmatt
May 27th, 2021, 00:37
I'm easy, I've always been cdnmatt and have never posted under another handle.

Oh, that's wrong... I did have another handle here for a bit, I think the name was Dante or soemthing. Was only used temporarily while I helped Surfcrest out with some of the tech stuff, or at least tried toe as much as my time permitted at the time.

Khor tose
May 27th, 2021, 05:03
I'm easy, I've always been cdnmatt and have never posted under another handle.

Oh, that's wrong... I did have another handle here for a bit, I think the name was Dante or soemthing. Was only used temporarily while I helped Surfcrest out with some of the tech stuff, or at least tried toe as much as my time permitted at the time.

Darn it, I was going to play, but I just got my heart broken by CDM. All this time I thought he was the drunk that was always on the gay boards (especially Neals) and who ran the bitch board. That must have been some other asshole. Armondo two things:
1. Have you ever for a moment Considered that sglad may not have to be a hydra if he had friends who work with him for reasons of their own. It could be just to fuck with you.
2. John Lauder aka Lord Fountainhall was a brilliant Scottish Jurist. He did not get crabby or judgemental in his older age. Just a thought.

Ah heck: I was on the bitch board as a different persona but always khortose everywhere else TO THE BEST OF MY MEMORY.

goji
May 27th, 2021, 05:44
That's typical "proof" for inquisition, witch-hunting or for lynching...

For your surprise: wanna see who of users log-in to forum from the same IP what are used by sglad?

So.... if I will use "highly obvious" arguments, I may make some mistakes in conclusions...

An IP lookup website shows all of those IP addresses are in Australia. I've never accessed this forum from in Australia and do not use a VPN. Almost all of of my access this year has been from Thailand & the UK. I believe it's the same for another genuine member on that list.
A third member is blogging from Cambodia.
So how can that IP data be useful ?

Meanwhile, it remains obvious that certain handles are clones.

cdnmatt
May 27th, 2021, 06:03
Wouldn't worry too much about the location of someone's IP address. Here, I'm in Australia now too...

cdnmatt
May 27th, 2021, 06:05
Now I'm in Thailand.

cdnmatt
May 27th, 2021, 06:06
And now all the way over in Latvia. See how easy this is.

StevieWonders
May 27th, 2021, 07:07
For "short-memory" people I remind: we had proof of Frequent/Sglad clones and Frequent has been permanently banned while Sglad as more older account was punished by 6 months of temp.ban (I think it was 6, but not sure about length and I am lazy to check records).So “frequent” was “sglad” all along? Amazing!

sglad
May 27th, 2021, 13:57
So now we know that sglad was banned because he was a hydra posting at the same time as sugargrandpa AND he was banned again because he was posting as sglad AND Frequent.

That's not what Moses said, as clarified by Surfcrest in post #22. Please do not try to obfuscate the issues and twist other people's words to suit your agenda.

mr giggles
May 27th, 2021, 17:05
I will continue to call out the nefarious behaviour of the collective mrgiggles et al and take the 24 hour ban. Probably starting now. As goji has pointed out, the appeal of posting here is diminishing by the day.

"continue to call out"? Name one of bit of nefarious behavior I have engaged in? I dare you, you can't.

Armando
May 27th, 2021, 17:07
That's not what Moses said, as clarified by Surfcrest in post #22. Please do not try to obfuscate the issues and twist other people's words to suit your agenda.
With respect sglad I am neither twisting other people's words nor do I have an agenda. I have merely taken Surcrest's suggestion literally and read precisely what he wrote.

If you care to take some of your time to look back, you will note that on 19 February 2017 Surfcrest wrote this -

"Members,

Sugargrandpa and sglad have been banned as they are one and the same poster...or a hydra.
As you know, I don't ban members very often and certainly not without violating any of our few..."

That sglad is fact. As far as your also posting as Frequent, I refer you to Moses post #14 above which includes the following -

'we had proof of Frequent/Sglad clones and Frequent has been permanently banned while Sglad as more older account was punished by 6 months of temp.ban."

Now I am curious. In what way have these two very clear statements obfuscated in any way what the two gentlemen actually wrote? Since they are direct quotes, I fail to understand your concern.

Brad the Impala
May 27th, 2021, 18:59
'we had proof of Frequent/Sglad clones and Frequent has been permanently banned while Sglad as more older account was punished by 6 months of temp.ban."

Now I am curious. In what way have these two very clear statements obfuscated in any way what the two gentlemen actually wrote? Since they are direct quotes, I fail to understand your concern.

I think that you misread Moses' comments to mean that "Frequent/Sglad were the same person. I didn't read his comments that way, but understood him to mean that he was referring to two separate posters, as he went on to refer to his separate actions against them individually.

Now, as you are pointing the finger, perhaps you could also answer the question about your own posting history.

Will you tell us what other handles you have posted under? You seem to know a lot about the history of posters for someone who only registered nine months ago!

Armando
May 27th, 2021, 20:15
I think that you misread Moses' comments to mean that "Frequent/Sglad were the same person. I didn't read his comments that way, but understood him to mean that he was referring to two separate posters, as he went on to refer to his separate actions against them individually.

Now, as you are pointing the finger, perhaps you could also answer the question about your own posting history.
I did indeed assume that Moses comment meant that if one of the two was banned, then they were probably the same person posting. But I am not sure what a clone really unless it is one person using another's name.

As for me, I did post many years ago when the Board was run by or about to be run by Neal but I have no idea what name I registered under. Like quite a number of posters, I have used different names for different reasons. As for history, did you not read Surfcrest's post - and indeed my earlier post? The Search function in this forum is particularly good - unlike another board I could name. It is easy looking up names and posts. And it is easy finding out the background to a particular course of action. You could join today and with an inquiring mind find out the course of a topic of discussion a number of years ago. It does take up a bit of time, but then when others make allegations that are incorrect, it is quite easy to find out if they were indeed incorrect to correct. You should try it.

Brad the Impala
May 28th, 2021, 03:11
Like quite a number of posters, I have used different names for different reasons

But you don't remember any of the names that you previously used here?! Unlikely.

The Search function in this forum is particularly good.......It is easy looking up names and posts. And it is easy finding out the background to a particular course of action. You could join today and with an inquiring mind find out the course of a topic of discussion a number of years ago. It does take up a bit of time, but then when others make allegations that are incorrect, it is quite easy to find out if they were indeed incorrect to correct.

That all sounds pretty obsessive to me, if you are really spending your time backtracking over everyone's posts in order to prove, to yourself if no one else, that A once posted as B. But not obsessive enough to remember your own previous names.

Hmmm. Perhaps you should use the search function to remind yourself, apparently it's very good!

Armando
May 28th, 2021, 09:59
But you don't remember any of the names that you previously used here?! Unlikely.!
You remember all the passwords you have used over the years for all your various cards, accounts, memberships and so on? I certainly have no clue what I was using ten years ago.

That all sounds pretty obsessive to me, if you are really spending your time backtracking over everyone's posts in order to prove, to yourself if no one else, that A once posted as B. But not obsessive enough to remember your own previous names.
That is not what I did and not what I said i did. You put words in my mouth. You clearly have no idea how the Search function works and how easy it is to find the posting of ONE member. Sometimes that can lead you to another what another member wrote. As i said try it. It can take up 5 - 10 minutes of your time. But then if you don't believe something, nothing is going to persuade you. Fine.

Even if I did remember, I see no reason to reveal whatever posting name/s I might have used in the past. It's irrelevant. After all, did you not write this earlier in this thread in Post#11?

I do hope someone is keeping tally of all the posters who have posted under other names, because I really can't be bothered. Sometimes it seems as if the majority have posted at some stage under another name.

Dodger
June 18th, 2021, 15:41
Indeed. Having you post the news, followed by Dodger repeating it a day or two later, becomes tedious. Especially when the repetition is accompanied by the whole jaded expat schtick of running down the country you have chosen to inhabit.

Brad, I have the Board Troll and his hydras on ignore. So I don't read anything they post.

If you don't like the repetition, then don't participate in this post. Up2U.

As far as your dig about my jaded views, and putting down Thailand goes, I look at everything in life objectively...give credit where credit is due...and criticize conditions when I think it's warranted, including the place I call home. That's my prerogative, and I respect people who do the same.

There are a lot of wonderful things I love about Thailand, otherwise, I wouldn't be here. But I see it for what it is: The good, the bad, and the ugly. Ignoring these aspects of one's environment is where "jaded" comes from. Maybe that's your cup of tea - but it's not mine.

goji
June 18th, 2021, 16:16
Brad, I have the Board Troll and his hydras on ignore. So I don't read anything they post.

A good policy. One just needs to add new handles to the list occasionally.

StevieWonders
June 18th, 2021, 16:57
A good policy. One just needs to add new handles to the list occasionally.Brad will never win against The Bookburners - https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showthread.php?22121-No-platforming

Brad the Impala
June 18th, 2021, 18:17

If you don't like the repetition, then don't participate in this post. Up2U.

It's fine for you and Goji to have other posters on ignore, it's just not great for everyone else having an echo on the board that repeats what someone else has already written/linked to. There is obviously no way of checking a duplication without reading the post!

Nirish guy
June 18th, 2021, 18:34
yeah - and just imagine how good it would be if that one poster didn't bother posting under their usual multiple handles, leading to people to not HAVE to put them on ignore in the first place !

Just imagine if they perhaps started posting just like a sane normal person for a change, who didn't sit replying to their own posts under different names and carrying on conversations "with themselves" like a crazy person - wouldn't that be just great - in the meantime while that's still being allowed to happen people are quite right and quite entitled to put them on ignore - for the sake of THEIR own sanity if nothing else.

Dodger
June 18th, 2021, 18:41
It's fine for you and Goji to have other posters on ignore, it's just not great for everyone else having an echo on the board that repeats what someone else has already written/linked to. There is obviously no way of checking a duplication without reading the post!

It's not just me and Goji that have the Board Troll and his hydras on "ignore", it's the majority of active members who do most of the posting here who have them on "ignore". So for us, there's no concern about reading duplicate posts.

If you're bothered by having to read duplicate posts, then why are you reading duplicate posts? The posts that have you upset now both pertain to "the reopening of Thailand". It says so right in the titles. That being the case, you didn't even have to bother opening the duplicate, making the basis of your complaint meritless.

It's not the duplicate post that has you upset. It's something else. And that's something you'll have to work out with yourself. Don't continue to derail our discussions with your baseless complaints. It's getting to be a bit much.

Now that you've involved yourself in 2 posts pertaining to the same topic, is there a reason why you didn't contribute to the topic?

StevieWonders
June 18th, 2021, 18:43
yeah - and just imagine how good it would be if that one poster didn't bother posting under their usual multiple handles, leading to people to not HAVE to put them on ignore in the first place !

Just imagine if they perhaps started posting just like a sane normal person for a change, who didn't sit replying to their own posts under different names and carrying on conversations "with themselves" like a crazy person - wouldn't that be just great - in the meantime while that's still being allowed to happen people are quite right and quite entitled to put them on ignore - for the sake of THEIR own sanity if nothing else.And then there’s this:
So many cries about "hydras" and no one provides proof of accusation for many years. Please stop to issue unproved statements or provide the proof. Point.

cdnmatt
June 18th, 2021, 19:25
Oh my god...

You guys really need to give some acting lessons to the women on those "The Real House Wives of..." shows. YOu'd be able to teach them a thing or two about drama.

Brad the Impala
June 18th, 2021, 20:07
It's not the duplicate post that has you upset. It's something else. And that's something you'll have to work out with yourself. Don't continue to derail our discussions with your baseless complaints. It's getting to be a bit much.

Just what the board needs is an amateur psychiatrist with faux buddhist philosophy and a power complex.

goji
June 18th, 2021, 20:48
1 I'll carry on using the ignore feature as I see fit. I highly recommend it to ignore people who never add anything positive to the discussion. I have just added one participant in this thread to the list today.

2 It would be preferable if people refrain from quoting those on IGNORE lists purely so we don't miss their posts. We INTEND to miss their posts, so please only quote them if there is a specific reply you are making to their content.
Of course there is no obligation to do that, but anyone mainly quoting ignored members can easily be added to my ignore list.

3 If I or other members occasionally & accidentally duplicate something by an ignored member and that is unacceptable for certain people, they are free to put me or the other members on their ignore lists.

Complaining is unlikely to be effective, particularly when we don't even see the complaints.
[Long list of ignored posts to follow]

Manforallseasons
June 18th, 2021, 21:24
In the many years I’ve been on this board only lately do I use the ignore function however, by continuing the conversation about said trolls you in fact feed them the attention they need to continue so ignore them as well and don’t bother with a discussion about them.

arsenal
June 18th, 2021, 22:24
I'm sorry Goji but you don't have the right to expect others to not quote those on your ignore list. It's an infringement.

Mancs
June 18th, 2021, 23:03
If every member kindly sends me their full ignore list I will endeavour not to quote anybody on it.

Manforallseasons
June 19th, 2021, 00:18
If every member kindly sends me their full ignore list I will endeavour not to quote anybody on it.

Sglad, Mr.giggles, StevieWonders….This would be a good start.

Brad the Impala
June 19th, 2021, 01:01

The thing is I, for one, don't believe all the paranoia about so many posters being someone else. You suspect that some posters may be multiple hydras, but Moses denies it. We know, or suspect, that some posters have previously posted under other names, but no one to my satisfaction has demonstrated beyond reasonable that anyone has posted under multiple handles at the same time.

If all these names that are bandied about as heads of hydras actually were hydras, aren't the Gang of Five just drawing attention to them by continuously stating this. What is that going to achieve......? Can't you all just ignore, in the normal way, those people who you believe to be hydras without making such a song and dance about it!

Have we had many new posters joining us recently? No because as soon as they appear they are jumped on as clones by the Gang of Five. They may be or they may not be, but can't people just take as they find! If you don't want to engage with a poster don't, but just because you don't want to there is no need to exhort everyone else to ignore or abuse!

Apologies NIrish, this is not all directed at you alone, but at the group who share your stated perspective.

For me, a couple of the people referred to as clones are actually the most perceptive and knowledgeable about real Thailand as opposed to Pattaya of all the posters here, and they have very different viewpoints and are absolutely not the same person. I say that, puffing out chest, as someone who has been visiting Thailand as backpacker, as employee, as businessman and holidaying as entitled visitor, for 50 years.

I would just note also that the Gang of Five have all been on the wrong side of a particular acerbic tongue, as have I, but that doesn't justify a campaign to get said poster banned or ignored. It's the internet, it's a forum, it isn't a fireside chat, get over it. I, for one again, am happy that writing complacent bullshit is called out on this forum.

Nirish guy
June 19th, 2021, 03:42
Apologies NIrish, this is not all directed at you alone, but at the group who share your stated perspective.

I would just note also that the Gang of Five ....

Noted - and nor should it be and as far as I'm concerned there is no 'gang" of anything - I think for myself and the fact that others seem to have reached the same conclusions is just not so surprising as far as I can see. The fact the you hold a different view doesn't make you a gang of "one" ( or two or however other many people may share you view) - that's just your opinion, which you're as equally entitled to hold as I and others are of course.

And re banning anyone, I dont believe I've ever called for that, I simply believe we should all have one profile and post under it as per the rules for the long term good of the board in general, it's really not that much of a thing to expect perhaps with such a small number of posters and the subjects that we cover I would have thought.

But as I said to Moses when I last commented on this topic a while ago now ago ( as like others I REALLY couldn't be arsed even getting into it anymore here as the whole thing has just become farcical in my opinion and personally have just started posting elsewhere now again when I feel like it to avoid all this nonsense). Bottom line - It's Moses' board, his rules and he's made his view very clear on the subject so that's that - and as I said to him back then - "good luck!"

As to whether posters use the ignore function or "literally" just ignore a poster ( and their hydras) is of totally up to them each of course and this is the whole point of the "ignore" function and why it's provided . We can't really complain about someone posting a topic close to a similar topic that may have coincidentally posted already by someone who THEY have on ignore, when of course they wouldn't have seen that post in the first place- that's hardly that 2nd posters fault.

Also when posters then decide to "repost" a posters comments "for information" ( or no good reason some might say) that too simply defeats the whole purpose of the ignore function surely for those who have chosen to use it, meaning those like myself who dont bother using the ignore button ( for the very reasons outlined above ) just end up having to read the same post concerned multiple times over - with THAT then perhaps leading to posters starting to use the ignore button ! This then just adding to the problem of the communication between members just going round and round in ever decreasing circles until it disappears up it's own arse - perhaps for good.

But anyway, like I said to Moses "good luck" - I for one simply ignore what I dont like here and move on as best I can - just as you seem to be suggesting- others can and should and are entitled to do just whatever THEY please too of course.

goji
June 19th, 2021, 04:23
...when posters then decide to "repost" a posters comments "for information"

The "for information" quotes are all I am suggesting people stop. ie Quoting something because they KNOW others are ignoring it.

Merely a suggestion, as if people choose otherwise on a regular basis, there is always room to expand our ignore lists.

jimnbkk
June 19th, 2021, 04:52
Gad! A six page nothing. Heap big smoke, but no fire.

StevieWonders
June 19th, 2021, 05:23
Gad! A six page nothing. Heap big smoke, but no fire.Beyond fabulous.

cdnmatt
June 19th, 2021, 05:48
Gad! A six page nothing. Heap big smoke, but no fire.

Oh, now you went and done it..

I thought they would start calming down, but now you're going to get them all worked up again. They'll start flailing them arms about how you're Stevie, or maybe I'm you, or you're me, or who the fuck knows...

arsenal
June 19th, 2021, 06:55
The Gang of Five!!!

Who are they?
Who's the leader, treasurer, attack dog etc.

The most famous Chinese gang was The Gang of Four but if you add Mao then it's five. After his death all were arrested. Even today Chinese politics are the most interesting. Like Game of Thrones, you win or you die. Virtually medieval in operation.

StevieWonders
June 19th, 2021, 07:53
The Gang of Five!!!

Who are they?
Who's the leader, treasurer, attack dog etc.You must be so proud of your handiwork, Q.

arsenal
June 19th, 2021, 08:45
What I find amusing little stevie is the fact you're so irritated by the members who've got you on ignore. It's about 5 or 6 or roughly half the active membership, right? Your fury at Dodger and Goji who led the exodus from your posts is wondetful to behold and a daily treasure.

StevieWonders
June 19th, 2021, 09:06
What I find amusing little stevie is the fact you're so irritated by the members who've got you on ignore. It's about 5 or 6 or roughly half the active membership, right? Your fury at Dodger and Goji who led the exodus from your posts is wondetful to behold and a daily treasure.How is life on Fantasy Island, Q? Just because you have no sense of humour that’s no reason to impute such a failure to others. Weren’t you once outraged by a poster who said he wasn’t interested in posting for the hoi polloi but for the Forum elite? I’ve made a similar point on at least two occasions recently to my #1 fan here, gerefan2. Perhaps you should ask him.

Dodger
June 19th, 2021, 09:07
Brad Quote:
The thing is I, for one, don't believe all the paranoia about so many posters being someone else. You suspect that some posters may be multiple hydras, but Moses denies it. We know, or suspect, that some posters have previously posted under other names, but no one to my satisfaction has demonstrated beyond reasonable that anyone has posted under multiple handles at the same time.

Dodger:
What you believe is your prerogative. You have no right to tell others what they should, or should not believe.

Brad Quote:
Can't you all just ignore, in the normal way, those people who you believe to be hydras without making such a song and dance about it!

Dodger:
You are the one who started this song and dance. Then when the music got too loud, you started casting personal insults and trying to rationalize your position.

Brad Quote:
Have we had many new posters joining us recently? No because as soon as they appear they are jumped on as clones by the Gang of Five.

Dodger:
New posters join because they enjoy the discussions that take place on a Board like this, not to listen to a bunch of repetitive bullshit about Trolls. I put our resident Troll(s) on “ignore” months ago and have never once mentioned our Troll(s) since putting him (them) on “ignore”. You’re the one who pulled the Troll into this topic, not anyone else. Who are you kidding?

Furthermore, if you’re truly interested in gaining new members, why don’t you try posting something of interest yourself, instead of just sitting back in the bleachers casting insults and criticizing those of us who are actually making an effort?

Brad Quote:
I would just note also that the Gang of Five have all been on the wrong side of a particular acerbic tongue, as have I, but that doesn't justify a campaign to get said poster banned or ignored.

Dodger:
No member has to justify anything to you regarding their choice to ignore someone. You clearly don’t like the position that others have taken, but that’s simply none of your business.

Brad, it’s apparent (to me anyway) that somewhere along the road your ego’s been bruised. This has nothing to do with “Trolls”, it has to do with your ego. Not wanting to contribute to this condition, I would ask you to please just put me on “ignore” and call it a day. Life’s too short for this type of meaningless dribble!

arsenal
June 19th, 2021, 09:29
Little stevie is denying that he's furious at the ignore cartel who've collectively dismembered his ego. Yeah right.

StevieWonders
June 19th, 2021, 09:30
Yet Dodgems persists with “this meaningless dribble” in post after post after post. “dribble” is what those with dementia sometimes do I’m told; the literate amongst would have said “drivel”.

mr giggles
June 19th, 2021, 11:22
Dodger:
You have no right to tell others what they should....

Dodger:
Who are you kidding?

arsenal
June 19th, 2021, 12:23
Little stevie is licking his wounds and has sent mrgiggles into the fray. Sglad is waiting in the wings if really creepy shit is required.

Dodger
June 19th, 2021, 13:09

The Malicifant Seven (gang of one)

Stevieclueless, wingnut, mr. giggles, frequent, argosy, plantagenet, sglad.

gerefan2
June 19th, 2021, 15:46
recently to my #1 fan here, gerefan2. .

One, ...and only I fear.

Don’t worry the epidemic will go away, the boys and the alcohol will be back. It’s only a matter of time. Hold in there.

Have you stopped taking your medication? I’m worried about you.

StevieWonders
June 19th, 2021, 15:48
Have you stopped taking your medication? I’m worried about you.That worrying is a side effect of your own medication. I did warn you in Bangkok about that.

gerefan2
June 19th, 2021, 16:21
Stevie, Have you tried Olanzapine?

Nirish guy
June 19th, 2021, 16:23
Reminder: Do not quote this post; The Bookburners will regard it as a personal affront.

You seem to have a problem with other posters right to simply ignore you should they chose to and are now resorting to trying to label or insult them for their choices, how about maybe following the advice posted by Brad yesterday and just "get over it".

StevieWonders
June 19th, 2021, 16:37
You seem to have a problem with other posters right to simply ignore you should they chose to and are now resorting to trying to label or insult them for their choices, how about maybe following the advice posted by Brad yesterday and just "get over it".My only “problem” is a total inability to take people seriously - and the more seriously they take themselves the less seriously I take them. It’s not a difficult concept. It’s called “inverse relationship”

Alternatively you could try this tongue-in-cheek post: https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showthread.php?22121-No-platforming

Dodger
June 19th, 2021, 19:06
Stevie, Have you tried Olanzapine?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyENheI2vEQ

Khor tose
June 21st, 2021, 05:24
Brad Quote:

Dodger:
What you believe is your prerogative. You have no right to tell others what they should, or should not believe.

Brad Quote:
Can't you all just ignore, in the normal way, those people who you believe to be hydras without making such a song and dance about it!

Dodger:
You are the one who started this song and dance. Then when the music got too loud, you started casting personal insults and trying to rationalize your position.

Brad Quote:
Have we had many new posters joining us recently? No because as soon as they appear they are jumped on as clones by the Gang of Five.

Dodger:
New posters join because they enjoy the discussions that take place on a Board like this, not to listen to a bunch of repetitive bullshit about Trolls. I put our resident Troll(s) on “ignore” months ago and have never once mentioned our Troll(s) since putting him (them) on “ignore”. You’re the one who pulled the Troll into this topic, not anyone else. Who are you kidding?

Furthermore, if you’re truly interested in gaining new members, why don’t you try posting something of interest yourself, instead of just sitting back in the bleachers casting insults and criticizing those of us who are actually making an effort?

Brad Quote:
I would just note also that the Gang of Five have all been on the wrong side of a particular acerbic tongue, as have I, but that doesn't justify a campaign to get said poster banned or ignored.

Dodger:
No member has to justify anything to you regarding their choice to ignore someone. You clearly don’t like the position that others have taken, but that’s simply none of your business.

Brad, it’s apparent (to me anyway) that somewhere along the road your ego’s been bruised. This has nothing to do with “Trolls”, it has to do with your ego. Not wanting to contribute to this condition, I would ask you to please just put me on “ignore” and call it a day. Life’s too short for this type of meaningless dribble!

I hate to make Steve's day, but I have followed Dodger for years. I truly wish he would stop being such a pompous a.., and find a new boy to marry. I think there are two leftf that he missed. Please put me on ignore, I would consider it an honor.

StevieWonders
June 21st, 2021, 08:12
I hate to make Steve's day, but I have followed Dodger for years. I truly wish he would stop being such a pompous a.., and find a new boy to marry. I think there are two leftf that he missed. Please put me on ignore, I would consider it an honor. As a Pastafarian with a particular devotion to Saint @TitaniaMcGrath I've always found Dodgems' insights into Thai Buddhism, especially the role of the Spirit House, invaluable. I was going to say "lifelong Pastafarian" but then my adolescence was spent an Anglican boarding school with chapel at least once a day (and sodomy in the dorm after Lights Out).

Dodger
June 21st, 2021, 14:59
...... I have followed Dodger for years.

I know, and I wish you'd stop.

arsenal
June 29th, 2021, 16:46
"Bosie turned against everyone at one time or another."

[deleted]

arsenal, could you please avoid such comparations? Thank you.
Moses

mr giggles
June 29th, 2021, 17:07
"Bosie turned against everyone at one time or another."

[deleted]

arsenal, could you please avoid such comparations? Thank you.
Moses

Pot calling the kettle fat

arsenal
June 30th, 2021, 10:17
Which comparison am I being asked to refrain from? Outing Mr Multi Handles or the no one likes him bit.

mr giggles
June 30th, 2021, 10:39
Which comparison am I being asked to refrain from? Outing Mr Multi Handles or the no one likes him bit.

Prove that I have multi-handles or shut your gob.

StevieWonders
June 30th, 2021, 11:55
Which comparison am I being asked to refrain from? Outing Mr Multi Handles or the no one likes him bit.Us this Board policy still operative? It seems not.
So many cries about "hydras" and no one provides proof of accusation for many years. Please stop to issue unproved statements or provide the proof. Point.

I do not ban users just because some people think what user is hydra/clone.

These of users who think what we have hydras (clones) on forum - please use "red triangle" button and provide proof of cloning. Nervous, bored and/or paranoidal users may use "Ignore" function pointed to "clones", we provide it for free.

arsenal
July 1st, 2021, 09:54
All very interesting I'm sure. But I'd like to know what mrgiggles and sglad think.

Dodger
July 1st, 2021, 10:08
All very interesting I'm sure. But I'd like to know what mrgiggles and sglad think.

Hey, don't forget wingnut and plantagenet.

Poor plantagenet...got shot out from under his saddle the minute Rainman rode him into town...never to be seen or heard from again......just too funny!

Brad the Impala
July 1st, 2021, 16:48
I think that these statements about multiple posters, in repeated breach of guidelines, should be deleted or at least moved to the hydra thread pronto.

The fact that a moderator was editing Matt's comments about his abuser at the same time as these posts were made, and within an hour of Matt's posts being made, makes me think that that moderator is partial in his role. Both posts are breaches of rules, but one is edited pronto and one is allowed to stand as is.

https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showthread.php?22224-Discussion-of-blindness

Dodger
July 1st, 2021, 17:38
I think that these statements about multiple posters, in repeated breach of guidelines, should be deleted or at least moved to the hydra thread pronto.

Brad, can you please get back on topic pronto.

Your whining again like a 97 year old baby...and making a fool of yourself in the process.

goji
July 1st, 2021, 17:59
Hey, don't forget wingnut and plantagenet.

Or Brad & CDNMatt ?

arsenal
July 1st, 2021, 18:54
The problem with your request Brad Is that the moderators know it to be true so they're in a difficult position. Follow Kommentariat Moses dictum and be part of this childish nonsense or simply ignore it. As I understand it, the discussion is how to whittle mr multi handles down to one.

Brad the Impala
July 1st, 2021, 21:30
The problem with your request Brad Is that the moderators know it to be true so they're in a difficult position. Follow Kommentariat Moses dictum and be part of this childish nonsense or simply ignore it. As I understand it, the discussion is how to whittle mr multi handles down to one.

True or not it's impossible to ignore when you guys keep banging on about it all the time! If you didn't I wouldn't. It's not achieving anything except boring the fuck out of everyone!

Or Brad & CDNMatt ?

Oh please! That's when you know that the conspiracy theorists are actually delusional. Anyone who disagrees must by definition be part of the big conspiracy!

Dodger
July 2nd, 2021, 09:22
True or not it's impossible to ignore when you guys keep banging on about it all the time! If you didn't I wouldn't. It's not achieving anything except boring the fuck out of everyone!

Here you go again, defocusing from the real issue and blaming others for your own actions.

You’ve been connected to the hip of our Board Troll for many years - going back to when he called himself "frequent", and now you act as if you don’t know he has multiple handles and is trolling our Board. You may be able to sell that crap to the fans, but you can’t sell it to the players.

You’re either in total denial about Stevie having multiple handles and trolling our Board, or you see it, but continue supporting these actions anyway because it serves a greater purpose for you personally somewhere down the line. That’s your prerogative. Nobody cares, including me. That’s what freedom of choice and freedom of speech are all about.

I asked you a question the last time you had yourself all upset that you never answered: Why don’t you just put me and the other members you have issue with on “Ignore” and just call it a day?

From your own mouth:…” it's impossible to ignore when you guys keep banging on about it all the time.”

Brad, this is just another one of your deceptive and manipulative comments. The choice to “read” or “ignore” is totally your decision, and you known it. I’d tell you to grow up, but after spending the past half century in Thailand (as you claimed) you’ve certainly reached the point where most people become mature.

goji
July 2nd, 2021, 14:05
You’ve been connected to the hip of our Board Troll for many years - going back to when he called himself "frequent", and now you act as if you don’t know he has multiple handles and is trolling our Board.

Actually Brad resembles another frequent clone in so many ways. The problem is solved by use of the ignore list. I've already done that and if anyone from the House of Plantagenet doesn't like that, they can put me on their ignore list, as you suggest.

StevieWonders
July 2nd, 2021, 14:47
Actually Brad resembles another frequent clone in so many ways. The problem is solved by use of the ignore list. I've already done that and if anyone from the House of Plantagenet doesn't like that, they can put me on their ignore list, as you suggest.Life is SO unfair! Why should I be having this much fun?

Brad the Impala
July 2nd, 2021, 15:38
You may be able to sell that crap to the fans, but you can’t sell it to the players.

Ah! You think you are a player!

arsenal
July 3rd, 2021, 11:32
"Life is SO unfair! Why should I be having this much fun?"

It's well known that Bangkok based migrant workers are the most cheerful of fellows. As you prove.

Dodger
July 3rd, 2021, 11:49
Ah! You think you are a player!

Your "knights" have fallen - your "bishops" are frozen - and your "Queen" has been placed in stalemate. So I'll let you answer that question.

goji
July 13th, 2021, 18:57
On the rare but pleasant days when IGNORED takes a day off, guess what ?
All the clones take a day off as well.

Such a coincidence.

cdnmatt
July 13th, 2021, 22:57
Yeah, I wonder where the hell Stevie went. Did he get Covid or something, or what's up?

gerefan2
July 13th, 2021, 22:59
On the rare but pleasant days when IGNORED takes a day off, guess what ?
All the clones take a day off as well.

Such a coincidence.
The silence is deafening.....

Nirish guy
July 14th, 2021, 00:02
Enjoy it while it lasts just !

cdnmatt
July 16th, 2021, 10:14
No idea where Stevie went, so guess I'll fill in. 9,692 cases today.

Manforallseasons
July 16th, 2021, 22:45
No idea where Stevie went, so guess I'll fill in. 9,692 cases today.

No need to worry Matt look below he liked your post. :)

arsenal
July 17th, 2021, 07:47
He hasn't posted since Dodger bitchslapped him about the realities of his life in Bangkok.

cdnmatt
July 18th, 2021, 09:36
I know you guys all hate him, but where the hell did Stevie go? Did he go and get Covid on us, or something?

Anyway, 11,397 cases today. Going in the wrong direction.

cdnmatt
July 23rd, 2021, 09:55
Still no Stevie? Maybe Covid got him. Wouldn't surprise me considering today had record of 14,575 cases.

Nirish guy
July 23rd, 2021, 16:40
You think he's NOT here ? Bizarre.

cdnmatt
July 24th, 2021, 14:26
You think he's NOT here ? Bizarre.

Who do you think he is then?

Manforallseasons
July 24th, 2021, 14:33
Who do you think he is then?

Who cares!

arsenal
August 22nd, 2021, 12:33
A delightful pm from steviewonders. He expressed his anger that I had suggested he'd left the board and assured me he had another "sleeper" in operation and actually named the handle. Well whether he does or not is of little interest but I say loud and clear that this behaviour from a grown man is puberty level and that he is a seriously creepy character.

goji
August 22nd, 2021, 15:29
Which handle ? There's room for another on the ignore list.
Whilst a PM sent in good faith by a bona fide & civilized member should be kept private, I see no such obligation with unfriendly PMs. Sent it straight to the mods.

I note Mr Giggles lives on.
Brad seems to be cut from the same cloth.

arsenal
August 22nd, 2021, 18:24
I don't know that its true, it's just what he told me. I repeat that this guy is a creepy fuck, a genuine internet bunny boiler.

goji
August 22nd, 2021, 18:37
There are some unkind posters here, not moi of course, who might ask......

Oh, go on, do tell. Who are you suggesting ?
Stevie, Frequent, Wingnut, Mr Giggles, Argosy, Plantaganet, Philex, Sglad, Brad ?

Brad the Impala
August 23rd, 2021, 03:45
Oh, go on, do tell. Who are you suggesting ?
Stevie, Frequent, Wingnut, Mr Giggles, Argosy, Plantaganet, Philex, Sglad, Brad ?

And from the Hydra thread:

I note Mr Giggles lives on.
Brad seems to be cut from the same cloth.

Are you really so paranoid that even after after my 17 years posting here under this name, and with over 3,000 posts, you believe that I am just an imaginary troll created and managed by some evil Troll Master. Kind of undermines your credibility in stating the case for there being a Troll Master at all!

snotface
August 23rd, 2021, 14:11
And from the Hydra thread:Are you really so paranoid that even after after my 17 years posting here under this name, and with over 3,000 posts, you believe that I am just an imaginary troll created and managed by some evil Troll Master. Kind of undermines your credibility in stating the case for there being a Troll Master at all!

Some people clearly find it hard to accept that posts in any way critical of them can possibly be coming from more than one person. Talk about conceited. :rolleyes:

Dodger
August 23rd, 2021, 15:05
And from the Hydra thread:

Are you really so paranoid that even after after my 17 years posting here under this name, and with over 3,000 posts, you believe that I am just an imaginary troll created and managed by some evil Troll Master. Kind of undermines your credibility in stating the case for there being a Troll Master at all!

Troll Master...where? Hydras...where? Imagine that.

goji
August 23rd, 2021, 16:17
Attitude counts for a lot more than the number of years posting.

If someone want's to be polite and engage in constructive friendly discussion, that's what we want.

There are others who are intentionally rude and keep chipping away with critical comments, discouraging friendly open conversation & presumably discouraging potential new members.

Brad the Impala
August 23rd, 2021, 16:46
Attitude counts for a lot more than the number of years posting.

If someone want's to be polite and engage in constructive friendly discussion, that's what we want.

There are others who are intentionally rude and keep chipping away with critical comments, discouraging friendly open conversation & presumably discouraging potential new members.

That's the crux of your "hydra" campaign. You want the board remade in your own image! Anyone who doesn't comply with your standards, or deviates from the topic of a thread, is a troll in your mind. But this has never been tea at the palace with cucumber sandwiches. And all the better for that.

Dodger
August 23rd, 2021, 18:22
That's the crux of your "hydra" campaign.

Brad, in case you don't realize it, the "hydra" campaign you're referring to has ended.

Quit being so confrontational. It's boring enough right now.

snotface
August 23rd, 2021, 21:27
…Quit being so confrontational. It's boring enough right now.

I see, so goji initiating the latest exchange by implying that Brad is a troll is acceptable, but Brad defending himself against such a ludicrous charge is being 'confrontational'. Okay, gotcha.

cdnmatt
August 23rd, 2021, 21:32
Especially considering Dodger was the one previously complaining non-stop about hydras as if they were a stab in his heart every time someone posted who he deemed a hydra and were ruining his life.

mr giggles
August 24th, 2021, 07:29

Oh, the irony is delicious!
If you read between the lines, this poster has got to be extremely unhappy- a BDOQ* and bullied at school (hence he tries to join the bullies now to make false accusations about others).

*Broken Down Old Queen

mr giggles
August 24th, 2021, 07:34
& presumably discouraging potential new members.

Hahahahaha!

It appears I have to quote the great poster Rush (again):

'the newbie probably tried to find out the scoop through the internet. Which means they found one of the gay Thailand forums. What a scary introduction that must be! If they man up and post their questions . . . yikes! Doubtful they’ll get the answers they were looking for. But before the thread goes totally off the track (that’d be by responding post #5) they’ll be accused of being someone they never heard of...'

There's a real incentive for newbies...NOT!

Dodger
August 24th, 2021, 08:31
Especially considering Dodger was the one previously complaining non-stop about hydras as if they were a stab in his heart every time someone posted who he deemed a hydra and were ruining his life.

You know it's getting boring when you can hear yourself snoring...zzzzzzzzzz

Dodger
August 24th, 2021, 08:57
I see, so goji initiating the latest exchange by implying that Brad is a troll is acceptable, but Brad defending himself against such a ludicrous charge is being 'confrontational'. Okay, gotcha.

I never made reference to "anyone's " comments as being acceptable or unacceptable. I'm perfectly capable of speaking my own mind.

As Brad stated, this is not tea at the palace with cucumber sandwiches (is that British or what) so if he can dish it out, he's got to be willing take it

Brad is upset that the Board troll and most of his hydras are gone, and he now appears to be going through a withdrawal phase. He's been hanging on the Trolls shirttails for the past 17 years and probably feels somewhat vulnerable without his Masters shield. All he gets now are a few occasional "giggles" and periodic applause from Mr. Magoo.

Mr. giggles.

arsenal
August 24th, 2021, 09:00
mrgiggles posts two whiney, no one likes me pieces here in the rancid bowel of the board. But still no one is reading such is the length of his ignored list. steviewonders has gone in any meaningful sense. Looks like the policy founded by Dodger has done it's job..

Brad the Impala
August 24th, 2021, 12:46
I never made reference to "anyone's " comments as being acceptable or unacceptable. I'm perfectly capable of speaking my own mind.

As Brad stated, this is not tea at the palace with cucumber sandwiches (is that British or what) so if he can dish it out, he's got to be willing take it

Brad is upset that the Board troll and most of his hydras are gone, and he now appears to be going through a withdrawal phase. He's been hanging on the Trolls shirttails for the past 17 years and probably feels somewhat vulnerable without his Masters shield. All he gets now are a few occasional "giggles" and periodic applause from Mr. Magoo.

Such drivel. The more you write about me, the more you demonstrate how little you know. As for "dishing it out" I've made my recent points without personal abuse, which is more than can be said for your ad hominem responses. Still I expect it's good for you to get all that bile out.

cdnmatt
August 24th, 2021, 13:49
Such drivel. The more you write about me, the more you demonstrate how little you know. As for "dishing it out" I've made my recent points without personal abuse, which is more than can be said for your ad hominem responses. Still I expect it's good for you to get all that bile out.

Yeah, I'm still not sure what to think about whatever the hell it is that's going on with Dodger. We all get old, I guess?

mr giggles
August 24th, 2021, 13:54
..... All he gets now are a few occasional "giggles" and periodic applause from Mr. Magoo.

Mr. giggles.

Just as I suspected, Todger didn't block me or anybody as his EGO wouldn't allow that..

LOLOLOL

mr giggles
August 24th, 2021, 13:56
mrgiggles posts two whiney, no one likes me pieces here in the rancid bowel of the board. But still no one is reading such is the length of his ignored list. steviewonders has gone in any meaningful sense. Looks like the policy founded by Dodger has done it's job..

But, obviously you read it.....then again rancid bowels would be your natural habitat you cunning stunt....

mr giggles
August 24th, 2021, 13:57
Yeah, ... We all get old, I guess?

....and bitter...

arsenal
August 24th, 2021, 14:50
An update for the ever increasing number of you who.have Mr giggles on.ignore. Three, yes THREE more posts venting his spleen and rather sad gratitude that at east Matt is still talking to him. Further updates as they happen..

Dodger
August 24th, 2021, 17:36
[QUOTE=Brad the Impala;281907]

The more you write about me, the more you demonstrate how little you know./QUOTE]

I know one thing; This isn't tea and cucumber sandwiches at the palace.

cdnmatt
August 24th, 2021, 17:43
Dodger, just stop already. You do realize that literally, you and gohi alone create 90% of the bullshit in fighting about who is and isn't a hrdya, right?

It's all in your mind. Just stop, relax, meditate, and ejoy your life.

goji
August 24th, 2021, 19:10
Further updates as they happen..

Annual updates would be sufficient.

Dodger
August 26th, 2021, 13:10
You gotta luv the newest of the Trolls tactics.

1) Post a new topic as a "New Member" (using another alias moniker of course)
2) Makes sure that the content of the post is so ridiculous that it will draw negative feedback.
3) Use that negative feedback to support bogus claims that new member's are being discouraged from posting on Sawatdee.

Take a look at the recent post about "LGBT and Buddhism" posted by a supposed new member. The OP (I'll let you figure out who it is) jumped the gun and started complaining about members being negative about his post - before members even started to get negative. Opps...just too funny!

My solution to this childish behavior is to simply use the "Ignore" option again. Works like a charm.

Matt and Brad, before you even respond with your meaningless dribble, don't bother. Your both on "Ignore" where you belong.

goji
August 26th, 2021, 14:48
My solution to this childish behavior is to simply use the "Ignore" option again. Works like a charm.

Matt and Brad, before you even respond with your meaningless dribble, don't bother. Your both on "Ignore" where you belong.

Good call.

One way to encourage genuine new members might be to set their accounts up with a standard "ignore" list so they don't see all the output from the trolls. If anyone cares about getting some genuine new members.

arsenal
August 26th, 2021, 15:18
Another PM from internet bunny boiler steviewonders. It's like being pen pals with one of the inmates on death row.

Dodger
August 26th, 2021, 19:32
Another PM from internet bunny boiler steviewonders. It's like being pen pals with one of the inmates on death row.

LOL...Just too funny!

arsenal
August 26th, 2021, 22:36
I don't even know what it meant. It was so garbled that after a couple of lines I stopped reading.

Dodger
August 27th, 2021, 08:37
I don't even know what it meant. It was so garbled that after a couple of lines I stopped reading.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fu2Wa-yeKpo

arsenal
August 30th, 2021, 11:16
Yet another pm from internet bunny boiler. I didn't read this one. The last one was strong medication induced incoherent and I couldn't be bothered to try and decipher more of the same.

cdnmatt
August 30th, 2021, 13:50
Well, you guys constantly bitching and complaining about hydras got what you wished for. I haven't seen the board this dead yet, I don't think.

Nirish guy
August 31st, 2021, 19:24
Personally I'd rather have it like this ( or something like that) rather than reading one man crazily posting posts (to himself) and then arguing and answering them to himself again and again, whilst also intentionally wasting other peoples time in trying to suck them in to answering his made up posts, while trying to start rows and suck others in to his own little world of slightly worrying craziness - but maybe that's me.

mr giggles
September 1st, 2021, 06:49
Personally I'd rather have it like this ( or something like that) rather than reading one man crazily posting posts (to himself) and then arguing and answering them to himself again and again, whilst also intentionally wasting other peoples time in trying to suck them in to answering his made up posts, while trying to start rows and suck others in to his own little world of slightly worrying craziness - but maybe that's me.

Well, if what you suggested is happening, then Moses would ban any such Hydra immediately.

Has he done that, no? Or do you doubt him?

Or do you just enjoy stirring the pot?
:boredom:

Dodger
September 1st, 2021, 07:08

Works for me!

Nirish guy
September 1st, 2021, 15:53
Well, if what you suggested is happening, then Moses would ban any such Hydra immediately. Has he done that, no? Or do you doubt him? Or do you just enjoy stirring the pot?:boredom:

I rest my case.

arsenal
September 7th, 2021, 13:36
Another PM from steviewonders. Again, deleted unread.

Dodger
September 13th, 2021, 15:02
Another PM from steviewonders. Again, deleted unread.

As you know, many of the other Board members had the Troll on ignore for quite some time before he vanished. It's possible that he can only send PM's to those who have not placed him on "Ignore". Only Moses would know the answer to that.

If by chance the Troll can still find a way to send his victim a PM after he's been placed on "Ignore", than that falls under the definition of "Cyberstalking", which is a criminal offense in certain jurisdictions.

You may want to check with Moses to find the best way to handle this.

You may also consider saving an electronic version of any/all messages sent to you by the Troll as evidence if ever needed for legal purposes.

There's more than one way to skin a cat.

Patanawet
September 13th, 2021, 17:36
So where has he gone?
His ego would not let his words of wisdom disappear.
Is he still here as a hydra or emigrated to another board?
I do like to keep my ignore list current.

Nirish guy
September 14th, 2021, 00:01
So where has he gone?.

Who cares, as that particular silence is just lovely so lets hope it stays that way for a LONG time !