PDA

View Full Version : hotels/guesthouses/rental apartments with broadband net?

Dboy
August 15th, 2006, 07:52
Looking for a short-term stay in Pattaya that has broadband. Any help appreciated. Something near 2nd road/South rd would be good. Sunee area would also work. This needs to be a connection that is up and working when I arrive. Not interested in setting up a new line or anything like that. Thx for any leads.

Dboy

August 15th, 2006, 08:20
The Ambiance has a broadband wireless connection. Worked great and allowed me to clear my "desk" during the first day of my holiday.

August 15th, 2006, 11:12
... 6 months since I stayed at The Ambiance. At that time they did state they had internet access but you may (if you choose to stay there) check with them that all rooms have access to the net. I stayed in one of the standard rooms and could not get a signal, further, even when I plonked myself outside the Ambiance coffee shop I could not get on line. I did hear rumour that they were upgrading the system so that you could access the internet anywhere in the hotel, but not sure if this has happened.

You can email them at: ambiance@loxinfo.co.th although I did write them a couple of days back on another matter and have not heard back yet.

http://www.ambiancehotel.com/aboutus.lang.en.html

Dboy
August 15th, 2006, 12:36
Yeah! A place like that would be great. I'll chk on Ambiance and post my findings here. Still looking for more ideas:-)

Dboy

Dboy
August 15th, 2006, 13:37
Just received word from Chang at The Ambiance that they have wireless Internet in every room.

Dboy

August 16th, 2006, 01:54
When I was at the Ambiance in February of this year, for some reason, I could not get access through the wireless connection. I had a deluxe suite. I was able to get a connection in the coffee shop.

August 16th, 2006, 04:56
I too would like to hear from anyone who recently stayed at Ambiance. I booked a standard room there for a week in November for the sole purpose of their broadband. I usually stay at the Lek and will change my plans if indeed broadband does not work properly.

Dboy
August 16th, 2006, 07:28
When I was at the Ambiance in February of this year, for some reason, I could not get access through the wireless connection. I had a deluxe suite. I was able to get a connection in the coffee shop.

Umm yeah I have to remember TIT. My idea of in-room Internet might not match the Thai Way(Trademark). The coffee shop would definitely not work in my situation. Too many distractions:-)

I don't know these people, have not stayed there yet, and they're not paying me to post this, but I found "Argyle Apartments":

http://www.argyle.co.th/

It's located (I think) on the Jomptien side of Buddha hill. They claim to have good wireless Internet. Anyone know anything about this place?

Dboy

Dboy
August 16th, 2006, 07:31
D&D: Were you implying that Lek has broadband?

Dboy

August 16th, 2006, 12:13
No, I was not implying that. Lek is my choice of hotels while in Pattaya. For the money, the rooms are bigger and nicer than Ambiance (standard rooms). Was going to give Ambiance another try when I heard they had broadband.

Dboy
August 17th, 2006, 00:39
Ok, gotcha. The Argyle might work, but really not sure about the location. I will scope that out in a few weeks.

More ideas please:-)

Dboy