PDA

View Full Version : Hydras / Trolls / Ignore

Armando
May 20th, 2021, 10:43
Well, what a surprise! After 6 months presumably recovering from covid sglad has reappeared. The aged are particularly susceptible to it. But which of sglad's lad's guises is this, I wonder?

goji
May 20th, 2021, 14:24
Well, what a surprise! After 6 months presumably recovering from covid sglad has reappeared. The aged are particularly susceptible to it. But which of sglad's lad's guises is this, I wonder?

Yes, what a surprise.....when various handles get ignored, we frequently see old handles wheeled out for another run, along with some new ones.

Dodger
May 20th, 2021, 15:14
Yes, what a surprise.....when various handles get ignored, we frequently see old handles wheeled out for another run, along with some new ones.

Yes, wheeled out in desperation.

Already on IGNORE...LOL

Manforallseasons
May 20th, 2021, 15:24
Yes, wheeled out in desperation.

Already on IGNORE...LOL

Unfortunately, there are many trolls, sglad, Mr. giggles aka.frequent, StevieWonders etc.and there is only one moderator that has any say and that is Moses who appears not to give a shit!

StevieWonders
May 20th, 2021, 16:33
With a twitching of skirts and a pursing of lips the Coven came to order.

goji
May 20th, 2021, 17:18
Unfortunately, there are many trolls, sglad, Mr. giggles aka.frequent, StevieWonders etc.and there is only one moderator that has any say and that is Moses who appears not to give a shit!

Or one troll & many handles ?

If they are a problem, just spend 2 minutes putting the whole lot of them on your ignore list & perhaps encourage others to join the club.

StevieWonders
May 20th, 2021, 17:27
… to join the club.He means “join the Coven”

Manforallseasons
May 20th, 2021, 18:37
Or one troll & many handles ?

If they are a problem, just spend 2 minutes putting the whole lot of them on your ignore list & perhaps encourage others to join the club.

This should be the work of Moses a so called “Moderator”.

Dodger
May 20th, 2021, 18:41

Exactly, that's why the "Ignore" function was invented in the first place...and it works like a charm.

I was able to completely remove our resident Troll and his 6 Hydra's from my hemisphere with a few clicks on the keyboard. In essense, the Troll and his Hydra's have been locked in permanent quarantine where they belong.

A Troll can only bait his victims, derail discussions, and create bitterness on a site like ours, with "Words". Once you bury his words, he's totally powerless and left to his own demise.

Works for me!

arsenal
May 20th, 2021, 18:57
While of course I won't quote him cos so many of you have used the ignore facility.

However I can tell you his irritation that so many of you have cut him off (at his oft repeated suggestion) at the mic is quite noticeable.

As for the daily stats. They're available elsewhere and even Matt rarely bothers any more.

My own opinion is that I just find the whole thing very strange. I know a few of you by sight and have probably passed the time of day with some of you. If I thought you were behaving like this I'd give you a wide berth because it's not normal for a grown man to act like this.

Reply if you want to SW, frequent, mrgiggles, argosy. Hardly anyone will read it.

cdnmatt
May 20th, 2021, 19:07
I don't know, I know everyone hates him, but I just don't have an issue with him. Granted, he enjoys pointing out the hypocritical nature of humanity, but I don't see that as such a horrible thing.

I don't know, to each their own, but I don't mind his posts. Besides, he gets daily Covid stats quicker than my scraper does.

Not to mention, I don't agree with the idea of filtering out view points just because you don't agree. That's how cults start.

StevieWonders
May 20th, 2021, 19:18
While of course I won't quote him cos so many of you have used the ignore facility.

However I can tell you his irritation that so many of you have cut him off (at his oft repeated suggestion) at the mic is quite noticeable.

As for the daily stats. They're available elsewhere and even Matt rarely bothers any more.

My own opinion is that I just find the whole thing very strange. I know a few of you by sight and have probably passed the time of day with some of you. If I thought you were behaving like this I'd give you a wide berth because it's not normal for a grown man to act like this.

Reply if you want to SW, frequent, mrgiggles, argosy. Hardly anyone will read it.
I haven’t had this much fun in hours.

arsenal
May 20th, 2021, 19:40
Yadda yadda yadda.
Move along please. Nothing to see here.

Manforallseasons
May 20th, 2021, 21:07
I haven’t had this much fun in hours.

This is the direct result of Moses not giving a fuck!.....:cray_mini:

cdnmatt
May 20th, 2021, 21:10
Not to point out the obvious here, but you guys do realize that you non-stop post on a near daily basis about "trolls" and specifically Stevie.

If you guys are getting all worked up over him posting here (or myself, or whoever), then you're kind of doing it to yourselves.

Manforallseasons
May 20th, 2021, 21:13
This is the direct result of Moses not giving a fuck!.....:cray_mini:

He is basically telling Moses to piss off....... I will do as I please!

MOSES WAKE UP!!!

He and his hydras wouldn’t last a day on Gaybutton.

goji
May 20th, 2021, 22:43

MOSES WAKE UP!!!

Moses is entitled to do as he pleases with the board.

Since requests to weed out the hydras are getting nowhere, board members need to consider the remaining options. Those include using the excellent ignore feature or posting on another board.

The ignore feature is much more pleasant than banging your head on a brick wall. Also, the more people that use it, the more effective it becomes.

Moses
May 20th, 2021, 23:29
This should be the work of Moses a so called “Moderator”.

don't tell me what to do and I won't tell you where to go (c) me

So many cries about "hydras" and no one provides proof of accusation for many years. Please stop to issue unproved statements or provide the proof. Point.

I do not ban users just because some people think what user is hydra/clone.

These of users who think what we have hydras (clones) on forum - please use "red triangle" button and provide proof of cloning. Nervous, bored and/or paranoidal users may use "Ignore" function pointed to "clones", we provide it for free.

I remind to all users what public discussion about moderation is forbidden on forum by forum's rules.

Nirish guy
May 20th, 2021, 23:39
What a croc of shit Moses - and you know it !!!

Manforallseasons
May 20th, 2021, 23:58

Indeed! And this gives anyone free reign to make as many hydras as they want and flood an already flooded board.

Moses
May 21st, 2021, 00:06

Here will be no inquisition or lynching while I am owner. I do not follow crowd's cries. Prove cloning or use "Ignore" button if you don't want to see some users here.

I can tell you what is real shit: real shit is to meet every new user with cries "you are hydra!!! I see it in my crystal ball (or balls)".

Nirish guy
May 21st, 2021, 00:20
I believe actually the onus is on YOU to prove cloning ( as you always claimed you could) - if you cant stand over that then you should just admit that and deal with things proactively from that point on.

But whatever, personally I'm past caring, it's all just got a little bit to silly now to even bother. Im very clear it's your board and your rules. Enjoy.

StevieWonders
May 21st, 2021, 06:02
Not to point out the obvious here, but you guys do realize that you non-stop post on a near daily basis about "trolls" and specifically Stevie.

If you guys are getting all worked up over him posting here (or myself, or whoever), then you're kind of doing it to yourselves.I’d have thought a bunch of Old Age Pensioners would have experienced the menopause but this round of posts shows they’re still experiencing “that time of the month”.

cdnmatt
May 21st, 2021, 06:09
I’d have thought a bunch of Old Age Pensioners would have experienced the menopause but this round of posts shows they’re still experiencing “that time of the month”.

Yeah, considering how some of them post, it almost seems as though they need to check their blood pressure after browsing SGT for a few minutes because you get them so worked up for some reason.

StevieWonders
May 21st, 2021, 06:48
Yeah, considering how some of them post, it almost seems as though they need to check their blood pressure after browsing SGT for a few minutes because you get them so worked up for some reason.
And worked up about posters they mostly claim to be ignoring. I guess they have a sense of belonging and therefore “ownership”, otherwise they’d take goji’s advice and decamp to Gaybutton.

Armando
May 21st, 2021, 08:49

MOSES WAKE UP!!!

Err, is Gaybutton still operating? In the Gay World section, the last post was made on April 27 - LAST YEAR! And who made it? Your alter ego, Undaunted!

Dodger
May 21st, 2021, 09:08
I would advise everyone here, with the exception of cdnMatt, to use the ignore function if the presence of our resident Troll is bothering you.

As I've stated before, the "Ignore Tool" works perfectly. For instance, I have not been exposed to a single "word" posted by the person I believe is our resident Troll (or his 6 Hydra's) since activating "Ignore". It's as though he doesn't exist which is exactly where I want him.

If you continue to read and react to his posts - he'll continue to have control over you. It's that simple. He, like most Trolls. feed off other people's frustrations, and have to feel that they are in control, which, according to the experts, commonly results from a deep-seeded sense of insecurity and low self-esteem. Many also suffer from narcissistic personality disorders (ours certainly does), where they actually start to panic if they start losing control and aren't getting the level of attention they need…become even more bitter...and always seek revenge.

These are all very nasty accusations I'm making, but that's exactly what makes Trolls tick. The person I believe is a Troll (and his 6 Hydra's) on our Board is no different.

This most recent flare-up which now involves the Board Owner, is EXACTLY what the Troll wants. He now sees himself as the Victor, and all those who have become angry and frustrated over his existence, are simply the losers in his eyes.

As far as anyone having the capacity to "prove" that a person is in fact a Troll is next to impossible. Trolls, like ours, know this full-well and will play it for all it's worth. It becomes their shield. That's where common sense, experience, and sound leadership have to come into play.

We all know what the options are: I've opted to use the "Ignore" function, because it works for me. What doesn't work is when other members keep allowing the Troll to bait them to the point this ends up being another heated discussion and disrupts the Board. Again, this is exactly what the Troll wants, and counterproductive to any attempts by members like me (and others) to block him out of our hemispheres.

The Board owner has taken the position to do nothing. He couldn't have made that point clearer. It's his Board and he has the right to operate any way he chooses. But, as members, we have the exclusive privilege of operating any way that we choose as well. We have 3 options: 1) We can stop posting on Sawatdee and switch to another Board and/or Gay Blog. 2) We can continue on as we have in the past and just put up with the Trolls antics, or 3) We can put the Troll (and his Hydra's) on "Ignore", which in affect places him (them) in quarantine.

For the time being, I have selected option #3. If enough members choose to do the same I'm confident that the person, that many of the senior members believe is a Troll and his Hydra's, can be placed effectively in quarantine to allow the quality of our Board discussions to continue on as they have for the past 20 years.

A Troll’s ultimate objective is to destroy a Board. It’s important that everyone knows this. Indications that they are succeeding usually can be seen on Boards when senior members start leaving, new members stop joining, and members who still exist are completely consumed with trivial bitter arguments. Let’s not let this happen. Use the “Ignore” function, and let those members who still want to have dialogue with the Troll continue to do so.

When I asked Moses for instructions regarding how to use the "Ignore" function a few months ago, he responded immediately with clear and concise instructions. It really is a simple and effective process.

Moses, please tell me if I violated any Board Rules by making any of the statements above. If the answer is "yes", I will modify accordingly. If the answer is "no", then I intend to post the statements above on a separate Thread to gain greater visibility.

snotface
May 21st, 2021, 10:15
...If the answer is "no", then I intend to post the statements above on a separate Thread to gain greater visibility.

Do you have to? What's the point? You and others have made your position clear, Moses has made his clear. Just act according to one of your options and leave the rest of us to decide for ourselves. We are quite capable of doing that, you know.

Dodger
May 21st, 2021, 10:21
Do you have to? What's the point? You and others have made your position clear, Moses has made his clear. Just act according to one of your options and leave the rest of us to decide for ourselves. We are quite capable of doing that, you know.

A separate Thread would probably gain more visibility - which would be the intention.

cdnmatt
May 21st, 2021, 10:28
A separate Thread would probably gain more visibility - which would be the intention.

This forum isn't exactly a bustling online metropolis. There's maybe 20 members here...

Dodger
May 21st, 2021, 10:35
This forum isn't exactly a bustling online metropolis. There's maybe 20 members here...

There's thousands of members here. They just don't say anything. Maybe this will change.

StevieWonders
May 21st, 2021, 11:05
A separate Thread would probably gain more visibility - which would be the intention.And I thought yesterday was fun.

Moses
May 21st, 2021, 12:44
There's thousands of members here. They just don't say anything. Maybe this will change.

No. Visitors thousands, sometimes tens of thousands, members hundreds, about 200-250 is core of daily visiting members.

Dodger
May 21st, 2021, 13:07
No. Visitors thousands, sometimes tens of thousands, members hundreds, about 200-250 is core of daily visiting members.

Thanks for the clarification:

With a volume of 200-250 daily visiting members, and only 20-25 who actually participate in Board discussions, there's definitely an opportunity to grow this number, as I'm sure you're aware.

I'm sure everyone here has an idea or two as to how to accomplish this. I only have one:

- Remove any obstacles that would prevent people from wanting to participate.

People want to have fun on forums - not do battle with invisible forces like some child's video game.

StevieWonders
May 21st, 2021, 13:22
not do battle with invisible forces like some child's video game.What an interesting thought - video games with INVISIBLE forces.

Brad the Impala
May 21st, 2021, 13:40
I If the answer is "no", then I intend to post the statements above on a separate Thread to gain greater visibility.

And to gain greater attention to yourself, all in the name of the public good.

StevieWonders
May 21st, 2021, 14:00
https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showthread.php?22121-No-platforming

Zebedee
May 21st, 2021, 14:01
When Beachlover was flooding the board, it took the the admin a very long time to Ban him. My opinion is that Beachlover was generating 'Clicks" for the board and thats what mattered most.Nothing to do with the fact that he was driving "normal " posters to distraction, he was good for business!
Posters here need to understand, from the admin point of view ,you are merely a resource, ie you are both the product and the customer ..so to speak. People may think its their place for a friendly chat and a laugh....and it can be...however the owner might view it differently!

"The more things change, the more they remain the same"

goji
May 21st, 2021, 14:25
As Dodger says, the way forward is to use the IGNORE feature.

The only other question is do the 10,000 visitors come here to read the bullshit put out by the hydras or to read the more interesting stories put out by members ?
If the latter, remember that if too much of the content is nonsense from hydras and trolls, it does not help to retain members.

The most popular thread on my "New" list today has nearly 50,000 views and is a largely factual thread on Nice Boys, supported by genuine members generating content. Compare & contrast with the least popular.

Moses
May 21st, 2021, 14:43
My opinion is that Beachlover was generating 'Clicks" for the board and thats what mattered most.Nothing to do with the fact that he was driving "normal " posters to distraction, he was good for business!
Posters here need to understand, from the admin point of view ,you are merely a resource, ie you are both the product and the customer ..so to speak. People may think its their place for a friendly chat and a laugh....and it can be...however the owner might view it differently!

What "clicks" do you mean? Board is free from advertising. The only ads are from mine Siamroads, but it is died for now because of COVID.

And "from admin point of view": for to be "friendly place" some members should use ignore function and should stop to accuse other members as a hydra without proof. Because "I believe" or "I think" isn't proof - it is witch-hunting and lynching. At past few years every (every!!!) new member got accusation in been hydra. It is not active position. It has another name: paranoia. And I don't want to join this hunting. I believe in idea: person is not guilty until proven guilty .

Robots here patrolling forum 24/7/365. Each login, each registration is verified by them. We decimate/ban clones in 3 seconds after they have finished registration (about 600-1000 yearly). Wanna see? From admin page, banned at past year

Dodger
May 21st, 2021, 14:48

Brad, in the +20 years that I've been contributing to these gay forums. it's always been for the same two reasons: First, because I really enjoy writing, and secondly, because I really enjoy writing things that I think others will enjoy reading.

I found your comment to be extremely insulting.

StevieWonders
May 21st, 2021, 14:52
Poor dear goji. The greatest number of posts in the past 24 hours have been about whether or not Board members are hydras or trolls and how to Ignore such posters, not whether some obscure bar (currently closed) has attractive prostitutes. What are these hundreds (thousands?) of potential posters to make of such a Forum? goji and friends could hardly have come up with a more effective strategy to kill off SGT altogether.

Brad the Impala
May 21st, 2021, 16:02
Brad, in the +20 years that I've been contributing to these gay forums. it's always been for the same two reasons: First, because I really enjoy writing, and secondly, because I really enjoy writing things that I think others will enjoy reading.

I found your comment to be extremely insulting.

I have enjoyed many of your posts, but the verbose lecture about how to run the board and constant urgings by you and others to block posters who you consider to be using multiple handlers is tedious, pointless and unhelpful to the forum.

The hysteria and paranoia displayed would be expected from menopausal suburban housewives not seasoned sex tourists.

arsenal
May 21st, 2021, 16:14
In a bizarre amd quite surreal muse our intrepid hero is now comparing the large numbers of posters who've put him on ignore with book burning in 1930s Germany.

StevieWonders
May 21st, 2021, 16:37
In a bizarre amd quite surreal muse our intrepid hero is now comparing the large numbers of posters who've put him on ignore with book burning in 1930s Germany. https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showthread.php?22121-No-platforming

mr giggles
May 21st, 2021, 16:39

... there's definitely an opportunity to grow this number, as I'm sure you're aware.....

I'm sure everyone here has an idea or two as to how to accomplish this. I only have one:

How ironic when the bully says this, when he is the biggest obstacle.
He accuses posters such as myself as being fake (I am not, I have only 1 handle, but can only speak for myself- otherwise Moses would have banned me), yet he can't even be true to himself! He was a raving heterosexual for decades before he decided to come clean- what a faker and scammer to woman!
Is it any wonder that there are few posters or members here- honestly, who needs to put up with his crap. At the moment, this poster likes the sound of his own voice and dominating the forum by ping-pong posts with one or 2 of his minions. Of course, he would resent anyone else with a different view who might take the spotlight off of him. He tries to discredit others with no evidence, even after being challenged, typical bullying behaviour.

I remember when ChristianPFC was often attacked and scoffed about and doubted early days on here, and now he is a moderator and doing a great job.

I’ll finish this by using the old saying : “Be kind to everyone on the way up; you'll meet the same people on the way down”.

Armando
May 21st, 2021, 17:19
some members should use ignore function and should stop to accuse other members as a hydra without proof. Because "I believe" or "I think" isn't proof - it is witch-hunting and lynching. At past few years every (every!!!) new member got accusation in been hydra. It is not active position. It has another name: paranoia. And I don't want to join this hunting. I believe in idea: person is not guilty until proven guilty
I totally agree in principle. But let's not forget that when sglad joined the Board he was warmly welcomed. Yet he turned down an offer to meet at least one other member in Chiang Mai where he was allegedly studying [sic]. Quite quickly another regular member stated he was a troll. That member was soon berated.

After he started on a Beachlover-type series of insulting posts about one or two members who contributed quite regularly, he was discovered to be a hydra. His alternate registered name was SugarGrandpa. No one had put together "s" "g" in sglad and "S" and "G' in SugarGrandpa, Yet when SugarGrandpa began to post at the same time as sglad, Surfcrest outed them as a hydra and banned both. Then, inexplicably, he reversed the ban a month later. As far as I recall, he gave no reason for reversing the ban. But since sglad has already been outed as a hydra, how to we know that he no longer posts as just one member? And why is he still permitted to be a member?

cdnmatt
May 21st, 2021, 18:19
What an inspiring, constructive, and all around uplifting thread this has evolved into.

Can't wait to enjoy my golden years..

StevieWonders
May 21st, 2021, 18:28
What an inspiring, constructive, and all around uplifting thread this has evolved into.

Can't wait to enjoy my golden years..Don’t forget the incontinence pads you’ll be needing as you get to the age of our elderly Pattaya members.

Dodger
May 21st, 2021, 18:45
I have enjoyed many of your posts, but the verbose lecture about how to run the board and constant urgings by you and others to block posters who you consider to be using multiple handlers is tedious, pointless and unhelpful to the forum.

The hysteria and paranoia displayed would be expected from menopausal suburban housewives not seasoned sex tourists.

The Trolls seem to appreciate your response. I'll leave it at that.

StevieWonders
May 21st, 2021, 18:50
The Trolls seem to appreciate your response. I'll leave it at that.Heavens, snotface, you’re a troll now?

cdnmatt
May 21st, 2021, 18:55
What I like is the fact that I'm now lonely in Canada, then apparently I'm fine now.

However, if I happened to be in Asia right now... every god damn thing I said would be a lit, and I'm just a complete troll, and blah, blah.

Lonely in Canada? No problem, you're all good. Enjoying and experiencing life in Asia? God damn trolling liar!

StevieWonders
May 21st, 2021, 19:01
Who needs Days Of Our Lives when we’ve got Dodgems, arsenal and all?

Dodger
May 21st, 2021, 19:02
What I like is the fact that I'm now lonely in Canada, then apparently I'm fine now.

However, if I happened to be in Asia right now... every god damn thing I said would be a lit, and I'm just a complete troll, and blah, blah.

Lonely in Canada? No problem, you're all good. Enjoying and experiencing life in Asia? God damn trolling liar!

Matt, if it makes you feel any better, I think you're a God damn trolling liar now - even if you are in Canada.

cdnmatt
May 21st, 2021, 19:25
Matt, if it makes you feel any better, I think you're a God damn trolling liar now - even if you are in Canada.

Why? Because I won't jump on the Dodger band wagon and try to convince Moses to ban Stevie for no real reason other than you allow him to raise your blood pressure for some unknown reason?

Is this one of those, "you're either with us or against us" American things?

snotface
May 21st, 2021, 21:56
Heavens, snotface, you’re a troll now?

Well, I used to be a master baiter, but that was before I moved to Thailand.

Zebedee
May 21st, 2021, 22:14
Well, I used to be a master baiter, but that was before I moved to Thailand.

Don't worry snotface, I'm sure you keep your hand in!

dab69
May 22nd, 2021, 01:13
That MFAS. Always looking at the bright side of life.

https://youtu.be/SJUhlRoBL8M

https://youtu.be/SJUhlRoBL8M

StevieWonders
May 22nd, 2021, 06:30
Well, I used to be a master baiter, but that was before I moved to Thailand.Dodgems has achieved his aim of turning the entire thread into a mass debate. Was it something I said? ;)

StevieWonders
May 22nd, 2021, 06:33
Why? Because I won't jump on the Dodger band wagon and try to convince Moses to ban Stevie for no real reason other than you allow him to raise your blood pressure for some unknown reason?There’s no “unknown reason” - Dodgems hates it that I don’t take him seriously. He’s someone who takes himself very, very seriously indeed - look at his response to Brad

Zebedee
May 22nd, 2021, 06:34
There's only one solution to the battle of the trolls v the dolls, everyone puts everyone else on ignore!
LOL

Sorry guys, its so lonely out here.

Dodger
May 22nd, 2021, 08:08
Is this one of those, "you're either with us or against us" American things?

No, not at all. This is just one of those "calling a spade a spade", Dodger things.

cdnmatt
May 22nd, 2021, 08:48
No, not at all. This is just one of those "calling a spade a spade", Dodger things.

Whill, then put me on ignore so you can proceed to run around SGT both, complaining about how excruciating your past life used to be when you had to endure the sight of my posts, and praising yourself and claiming moral high ground by using the ignore feature.

dinagam
May 22nd, 2021, 09:23
Methinks flagellation is in order...

Dodger
May 22nd, 2021, 10:52
......Whill, then put me on ignore .

OK...Done!

christianpfc
May 22nd, 2021, 13:35
Posts about hydras / trolls / ignore function from
https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showthread.php?22094-The-Upside-of-This-Mess/
moved to this thread.

mr giggles
May 22nd, 2021, 14:51
Whill, then put me on ignore so you can proceed to run around SGT both, complaining about how excruciating your past life used to be when you had to endure the sight of my posts, and praising yourself and claiming moral high ground by using the ignore feature.

Hopefully Todger will have so many on ignore, he will disappear up his own infinity.
You are correct Matt, that Codger tries to claim the moral high ground- yet he was claiming and apparently fooling women that he was sexually interested in them for decades. His authenticity is sadly lacking.

cdnmatt
May 22nd, 2021, 15:45
Hopefully Todger will have so many on ignore, he will disappear up his own infinity.
You are correct Matt, that Codger tries to claim the moral high ground- yet he was claiming and apparently fooling women that he was sexually interested in them for decades. His authenticity is sadly lacking.

Yeah, I don't know... I actually enjoyed his posts, then he went and threw this little tantrum. What the hell was that all about?

Oh well, apparently I'm on ignore now, so looks like I lost a retired five year old from my online life. Oh darn, how will I ever cope?

StevieWonders
May 22nd, 2021, 15:53
Yeah, I don't know... I actually enjoyed his posts, then he went and threw this little tantrum. What the hell was that all about?

Oh well, apparently I'm on ignore now, so looks like I lost a retired five year old from my online life. Oh darn, how will I ever cope?You can still read what he posts; he won’t read what you post while he’s logged on

cdnmatt
May 22nd, 2021, 17:52
You can still read what he posts; he won’t read what you post while he’s logged on

Yes, I'm aware of that. Oh well, he's old, he's allowed to act like that. I have parents around his age, and many times you just have to shrug your shoulders, and whatever makes them happy is just fine. Might be delusional and a tad out of touch with reality, but hey, if it makes them happy, go for it.

I'm still of the belief this whole thing is a simulation anyway, so what the hell.

StevieWonders
May 22nd, 2021, 18:02
Yes, I'm aware of that. Oh well, he's old, he's allowed to act like that. I have parents around his age, and many times you just have to shrug your shoulders, and whatever makes them happy is just fine. Might be delusional and a tad out of touch with reality, but hey, if it makes them happy, go for it.Do they use continence pads too?

cdnmatt
May 22nd, 2021, 18:12
Do they use continence pads too?

No idea, but I know their memory only lasts a couple weeks, so shit like this simply doesn't matter when dealing with old people.

You can't revisit the subject later on, because they won't remember it ever happened, and instead will get all insulted and defensive for you making up what they think is a false story. Then they claim you're delusional for making things up, and down the spiral the conversation goes. I've learned to just be appeasing, and let them be happy regardless of reality or truth.

End result, decent chance all this shit is a moot point anyway, because decent chance Dodger won't even remember it happened in a few weeks time anyway.

Brad the Impala
May 22nd, 2021, 23:46
OK...Done!

Or remember that he told you that you had been blocked, only to reply to your post in another thread eight hours later!

Yes, I want to say "Fern" but Earn is close enough.

A regular in Sunee...very popular...as you noted, he's in many video's - usually bottom.

Here he is. (I hope the name of the site this came from printed on the pic is OK - if not please delete)

StevieWonders
May 23rd, 2021, 06:07
Or remember that he told you that you had been blocked, only to reply to your post in another thread eight hours later!Not Dodgems. He is an honourable man as are all the Bookburners, all honourable men. They do not peek, nor do they pry.

Armando
May 24th, 2021, 12:59

With a volume of 200-250 daily visiting members, and only 20-25 who actually participate in Board discussions, there's definitely an opportunity to grow this number, as I'm sure you're aware.

People want to have fun on forums - not do battle with invisible forces like some child's video game.
You think everyone will have an idea? Perhaps. But you are surely aware that the desire to offset ageing memberships by increasing the posting membership of Boards and ways this could be effected has been an occasional topic on gaythailand.com and gaybutton.com. In both cases virtually no ideas were put forward and there was zero increase in posting membership. Probably it is a topic that has also been aired here before.

gaythailand.com has now become part of a much larger GayGuides Board adding European and US membership. The number of posts have certainly increased, but as far as I can see the Thai posts tend only to be made by those who posted on the old Board. In other words, the memberships of both Boards are not mixing - yet. gaybuttonthai.com, founded when it was believed that gaythailand was to become part of a US escort site, seems to be on its last legs with very few new daily posts apart from those by the board owner.

I have some gay expat friends in Thailand not one of whom has any interest in posting in any gay chat forum. They do not contribute to any chat sites at all. Equally I have a couple of friends who vacation in Thailand every 2 or 3 years. They also see no reason to even read any of the chat rooms. So I have always wondered where a new posting membership might come from.

StevieWonders
May 24th, 2021, 13:44
You think everyone will have an idea? Perhaps. But you are surely aware that the desire to offset ageing memberships by increasing the posting membership of Boards and ways this could be effected has been an occasional topic on gaythailand.com and gaybutton.com. In both cases virtually no ideas were put forward and there was zero increase in posting membership. Probably it is a topic that has also been aired here before.Every bar owner knows there’s a percentage of his regular customers who believe they have the absolute crowd-pleasing idea to boost the number of customers. The same is true of every commercial website. If it’s that good an idea it’s probably already been tried. Why are sites like Gaybutton a posting desert? Might it be that the Grand Ayatollah who runs that site accepts no dissent so people simply don’t bother? The costs to start a site are minuscule compared to starting a bar, but there are many more thriving bars than there are thriving sites. If Dodgems and his fellow Bookburners believe in their business model, why not start their own site?

mr giggles
May 24th, 2021, 16:04
You think everyone will have an idea? Perhaps. But you are surely aware that the desire to offset ageing memberships by increasing the posting membership of Boards and ways this could be effected has been an occasional topic on gaythailand.com and gaybutton.com. In both cases virtually no ideas were put forward and there was zero increase in posting membership. Probably it is a topic that has also been aired here before.

gaythailand.com has now become part of a much larger GayGuides Board adding European and US membership. The number of posts have certainly increased, but as far as I can see the Thai posts tend only to be made by those who posted on the old Board. In other words, the memberships of both Boards are not mixing - yet. gaybuttonthai.com, founded when it was believed that gaythailand was to become part of a US escort site, seems to be on its last legs with very few new daily posts apart from those by the board owner.

I have some gay expat friends in Thailand not one of whom has any interest in posting in any gay chat forum. They do not contribute to any chat sites at all. Equally I have a couple of friends who vacation in Thailand every 2 or 3 years. They also see no reason to even read any of the chat rooms. So I have always wondered where a new posting membership might come from.

See post #46