PDA

View Full Version : China Vaccinates its Citizens Living in Thailand

Manforallseasons
May 21st, 2021, 21:08
https://apnews.com/article/china-thailand-coronavirus-pandemic-health-0c0928db9f49e151ed729b15aa9fb85d

BANGKOK (AP) — Chinese citizens living in Thailand began being vaccinated on Thursday as part of China’s global campaign to inoculate its nationals living and working abroad.

China recently donated 500,000 vaccine doses, and Thailand agreed in turn to inoculate Chinese nationals as it slowly rolls out shots for its own citizens to contain a coronavirus surge that has sickened tens of thousands in the past two months.

Yang Xin, minister counsellor at the Chinese Embassy, said Beijing’s “Spring Sprout” program would benefit tens of thousands of Chinese in the country. An estimated 150,000 Chinese citizens live in Thailand.

Dodger
May 22nd, 2021, 11:09
Oh shit...I can just see those tour buses rolling in now.

Kudos to them for doing this.

Too bad our countries couldn't be as supportive of their citizen's living abroad.

The way I look at it, the more people that get vaccinated over here, the better for all of us - regardless of their nationality. I just hope the good stuff (Moderna) gets here soon for us non-Chinese guys.

Manforallseasons
May 22nd, 2021, 13:24
Dodger, the woman that cleans for me that I’ve known for 10 years she and her family yesterday got the first shot of Sinovac yesterday at Bangkok Pattaya Hospital.

riverdee
May 23rd, 2021, 02:35
where did the virus originate "allegedley"

Dodger
May 23rd, 2021, 11:16
Dodger, the woman that cleans for me that I’ve known for 10 years she and her family yesterday got the first shot of Sinovac yesterday at Bangkok Pattaya Hospital.

The lady who broadcasts the daily Bang Saray news over a crackly speaker, announced last Wednesday that vaccines will start to be given to residents on Friday. Sure enough, they started inoculating residents at our local temple on Friday. I'm assuming the vaccine is Sinovac.

StevieWonders
May 23rd, 2021, 14:01
Sinovac isn’t in the top five vaccines in which Thais who’ve been polled have any confidence:

Dodger
May 24th, 2021, 08:18
where did the virus originate "allegedley"

Argentina

arsenal
May 25th, 2021, 08:53
That this virus originated in a Wuhan laboratory is the story that simply wont go away however much the Chinese govt wants it to.

Dodger
May 25th, 2021, 09:48
That this virus originated in a Wuhan laboratory is the story that simply wont go away however much the Chinese govt wants it to.

Hard to erase a global pandemic...LOL.

dinagam
May 25th, 2021, 10:05

Why are the inhabitants of Beijing and Shanghai and not forgetting a particular British expatriate continue to prosper?
Are they benefiting from the secret antidote developed by the Chinese Comunist party?

arsenal
May 25th, 2021, 11:30
"Are they benefiting from the secret antidote developed by the Chinese Comunist party?"

In this case; yes. As I've said before: an ability abd the willlingness to control the movement of the population.

Dodger
May 25th, 2021, 14:40

As I've said before: an ability abd the willlingness to control the movement of the population.

Well, with the Chinese people getting the Sinovac vaccine, at least 50% of people's movement will be controlled.

I don't believe anything they say in the Chinese or Thai newspapers regarding the rollout of vaccines. The proof's in the pudding so to speak, and right now less than 1% of the people in China and Thailand have been vaccinated. That's the pudding.

It's already been proven that Sinovac sucks and nobody wants it. The odds of Made-in-Thailand AstraZenica vaccines making it to a large percentage of the Thai population are about the same as a three-legged horse winning the Kentucky Derby. Just ain't gonna happen.

Blueskytoday
May 25th, 2021, 21:12
I wonder WHAT the real situation is in China.....infections all gone??? I see or hear nothing...would not believe what they say anyway..