PDA

View Full Version : Foreigners face longer wait for jab

Patanawet
May 14th, 2021, 18:50
This article in today's Bangkok Post describes how inoculations will be prioritised for Thais before farang.
Farang are told to wait till August before registering.
My first thought was "I'm sure that, in the UK, Thais were not pushed to the back of the queue for free vaccinations".

The article does not make clear whether they are referring to farang vaccinations as just the free ones or also the private hospital ones.

Full article -- oh, link to the BP article does not work!

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2115235/foreigners-face-longer-wait-for-jab?fbclid=IwAR1OcqWQWPBmVO7_mjXhWN_aLrx4oCYGa3F9K x5ibnbAktBMCVPUL-Ao3WI

cdnmatt
May 14th, 2021, 19:01
Better write a letter to the General, and express your dismay. I'm sure he'll give a shit.

Patanawet
May 14th, 2021, 19:14
Better write a letter to the General, and express your dismay. I'm sure he'll give a shit.
??

StevieWonders
May 14th, 2021, 19:55
A typical whine from Patanawet. “farang” are not the only nor, most likely, the majority of foreigners in Thailand. There are Burmese, Lao, Khmer, Vietnamese and probably Malaysians in Thailand and they too will have to wait. Thinking that “farang” are what matters among foreigners is the same sort of “sense of entitlement” that prompted the loonies in the US expat community to petition the government they’ve run away from to send them a queue-jumping batch of vaccines. The topic is correct - Patanawet’s post is not.

mr giggles
May 15th, 2021, 19:28
This article in today's Bangkok Post describes how inoculations will be prioritised for Thais before farang.
Farang are told to wait till August before registering.
My first thought was "I'm sure that, in the UK, Thais were not pushed to the back of the queue for free vaccinations".

The article does not make clear whether they are referring to farang vaccinations as just the free ones or also the private hospital ones.

Full article -- oh, link to the BP article does not work!

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2115235/foreigners-face-longer-wait-for-jab?fbclid=IwAR1OcqWQWPBmVO7_mjXhWN_aLrx4oCYGa3F9K x5ibnbAktBMCVPUL-Ao3WI

The UK is a first-world country

christianpfc
May 16th, 2021, 22:43
Foreigners in Thailand may have to wait until August before receiving vaccinations from the government, City Hall's top health official said yesterday.
My underline. I'm sure everyone who wants to get vaccinated now, can do so now at private hospitals?

gerefan2
May 16th, 2021, 23:54
My underline. I'm sure everyone who wants to get vaccinated now, can do so now at private hospitals?
And im sure they can all afford it. Don’t see why any should wait for the free ones.

Patanawet
May 17th, 2021, 00:14
No.

Brad the Impala
May 17th, 2021, 00:20
A 60 yo farang friend resident in BKK has already received his first dose under the thai government scheme(ie not privately). He has a pink residence document.

It's not surprising if expats without any longterm visa status are not at the top of the list for vaccinations.

Ruthrieston
May 17th, 2021, 09:30
So far none of the private hospitals are able to provide access to the vaccine, any vaccine.

Older expats on retirement visas like me with underlying health conditions which place us in the high risk category from the virus certainly ought to be at the top of the list for vaccination.

christianpfc
May 20th, 2021, 22:26
No.
Months ago, there was news that private hospitals are already accepting money for future vaccinations (even before vaccines were approved for use in Thailand or delivered).
But this issue doesn't touch me, so I'm not up-to-date.

The real disgrace is that they make such a fuss about the low number of foreigners, instead of giving all civilians (after prioritized vaccination of medical staff, police and so on) equal access to vaccination.

vnman
May 21st, 2021, 01:16
Months ago, there was news that private hospitals are already accepting money for future vaccinations (even before vaccines were approved for use in Thailand or delivered).
But this issue doesn't touch me, so I'm not up-to-date.

The real disgrace is that they make such a fuss about the low number of foreigners, instead of giving all civilians (after prioritized vaccination of medical staff, police and so on) equal access to vaccination.

Just imagine, we would vaccinate people based on citizenship in Europe. The world would not be big enough!