PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Covid Wave Hits Thailand

Manforallseasons
May 13th, 2021, 10:17
https://pattayaone.news/new-cases-1983-34-dead-as-third-wave-hits/

The Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) reported 34 deaths and 1,983 new cases, including nine returnees, over a 24-hour period on Wednesday
Of the deaths, 13 were in Samut Prakan, 10 in Bangkok, two each in Pathum Thani and Nakhon Pathom, and one each in Suphan Buri, Samut Songkhram, Samut Sakhon, Phetchabun, Chonburi, Nakhon Nayok and Sa Kaew. Also included among the fatalities was a Finnish expat.
The ages of those who succumbed to the virus ranged from 33 to 93, and they all reportedly suffered from chronic conditions like high blood pressure, diabetes, obesity, etc.
Meanwhile, the nine returnees included five Thais – two from Laos, and one each from Germany, Switzerland and Cambodia. The other four arrivals were three Malaysians and one Cambodian from their own countries.
Bangkok again topped the list with 976 new cases, followed by 266 in Nonthaburi and 110 in Samut Prakan.
Over the last 24 hours, 2,006 patients have recovered and been discharged.
As of Wednesday, the number of confirmed cases in Thailand had risen to 88,907.
Of these, 85,491 infections had been contracted locally, including 25,629 who were found via proactive testing, while 3,416 were returnees.
So far, 59,043 have recovered and been discharged, 29,378 patients are still in hospitals, and 486 have died.
Meanwhile, another 6,021 people were given their first Covid-19 shot in the last 24 hours, while 31,090 were given their second shot, bringing the total number of Covid-19 vaccine doses administered in Thailand to 1,935,565

StevieWonders
May 13th, 2021, 10:22
Yesterday’s news today!

Dodger
May 13th, 2021, 10:29
MFAS,

Thanks for posting this update.

Moderators:

If you're reading this, you may want to consider consolidating the half-dozen Covid Posts we have running into a single Post. They all pertain to the very same topic and are getting cumbersome to follow.

Just a thought!

StevieWonders
May 13th, 2021, 10:43
MFAS,

Thanks for posting this update.

Moderators:

If you're reading this, you may want to consider consolidating the half-dozen Covid Posts we have running into a single Post. They all pertain to the very same topic and are getting cumbersome to follow.

Just a thought!Since I’m posting statistics daily and you claim you’re ignoring me, Dodgems, it can’t be that onerous for you ;)

Manforallseasons
May 13th, 2021, 11:16
Since I’m posting statistics daily and you claim you’re ignoring me, Dodgems, it can’t be that onerous for you ;)

StevieWonders aka. frequent, Mr. giggles etc. Get a life.:stop_mini:

goji
May 13th, 2021, 14:36
MFAS, have you considered the benefits of using the IGNORE function ?

StevieWonders
May 13th, 2021, 14:53
The Martyrdom of Saint Stephen

Nirish guy
May 13th, 2021, 17:05
They all pertain to the very same topic and are getting cumbersome to follow.!

And fucking BORING to read ! I dont know about anyone else but I read enough about covid EVERYWHERE else without coming on here to read about it too, seemingly on every other thread of late :-(

I mean we know it's important and is causing untold hardship to people but my god enough already...... we get it, third wave, place is in lockdown, numbers may be rising, can we perhaps leave it at that for a while and let it play out as it's just the same story the rest of us have been dealing with for months now already.

So yeah, one thread, that's there for those who are interested and is easily ignorable for those who aren't sounds like a great idea perhaps.

goji
May 13th, 2021, 17:24
#1 Set bookmark to go to "New Posts"
#2 Read topics of interest only
#3 Hit the "Mark Forums Read" (top right) to make all remaining topics disappear off the "New Posts List".

Nirish guy
May 13th, 2021, 17:36
Yep and one topic containing all of that would make that very practical - but when that topic seems to span just about every thread of late I fear there would be very little left to read on any other topic :-( - but therein lies a whole different subject perhaps.

Still I guess we can always fall back on the old faithfuls of "which vaccine is better', " our vaccine is better than your vaccine" "my Country is better than your Country" and "is Moses in the KBG or not" when things dry up.

francois
May 14th, 2021, 00:20
StevieWonders aka. frequent, Mr. giggles etc. Get a life.:stop_mini:

Put him on Ignore and forget him as I am others have done .