PDA

View Full Version : More Silom Soi 4 news

StevieWonders
May 12th, 2021, 15:06
I’d been expecting Patanawet, whose attendance at Soi 4 establishments’ staff meetings is the stuff of legend to break this news - it shows I guess how hard it is to get reliable “help” these days.

Patanawet
May 13th, 2021, 18:31
Silom Soi 4.
G's -- temporarily closed for delivery service.
Connections open for deliveries till 21:00
Pride has re-opened for delivery service.

Patanawet
May 18th, 2021, 17:28
In fear of arousing the board serial troll in one of her guises and feeling it her duty to get the last pathetic word in, I'll post information on the state of soi 4 since the change in regulations on Monday..
The only places open on Soi 4 are Connections and Pride.
Both open for dine-in service, but no alcohol, till 9pm.(and deliveries till 11).
Balcony (and the rest, I imagine) are waiting to assess the situation at the end of the month.

StevieWonders
May 18th, 2021, 19:39
In fear of arousing the board serial troll in one of her guises and feeling it her duty to get the last pathetic word in …Be careful, the bogeyman might get you.

Manforallseasons
May 18th, 2021, 19:46
Be careful, the bogeyman might get you.

White man speak with forked tongue!

Patanawet
May 23rd, 2021, 18:38
Just on Facebook from G's restaurant (Guido's).:
"We'll reopen tomorrow Mon-Sat, 4-10pm with both dine-in and takeaway."

StevieWonders
May 24th, 2021, 10:57
I was surprised to see this announcement from Pride Bar posted on Facebook. I wonder how they managed that, given all their staff cannot be part of any priority group

Patanawet
May 24th, 2021, 19:57
A video tour (well 3 establishments) on Soi 4 by Cameron, owner of Pride.
A nice look at Soi4 in the daytime

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qimIdN0YGG4.

https://youtu.be/qimIdN0YGG4

Sen Yai
May 24th, 2021, 20:00
G's and Pride have re-opened......but not much else. All those in town should show some support.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1o-iAvHSQCo

Nirish guy
May 24th, 2021, 23:12
Bless him, even he was struggling to say anything other than "welcome ok, yes there are just two restaurants are open just now still' there in that video no matter how hard he tried to be upbeat ......sad to see the Soi looking like that.

Patanawet
May 25th, 2021, 02:15
He didn't mention Connections which has always been open (except Mondays) for deliveries and dine-in when allowed. Strange -- it is directly opposite his place Pride.

Patanawet
May 25th, 2021, 02:19
Woops sorry wrong link. Sen Yai got the correct one above..

StevieWonders
May 25th, 2021, 06:07
Bless him, even he was struggling to say anything other than "welcome ok, yes there are just two restaurants are open just now still' there in that video no matter how hard he tried to be upbeat ......sad to see the Soi looking like that.Unless I’m travelling alone I’ve always regarded dining out as a social activity so sitting alone at a table shouting across to a friend sitting alone at another table holds no allure. I haven’t, in fact, been out and about at all this entire month - not me, nor any of my consorts.

StevieWonders
June 3rd, 2021, 19:32
G’s is now selling meals labelled “cannabis”. They’re also closed both Sundays and now Mondays. I’d been leaving both those items for Patanawet to announce but I guess he must, most unusually, to have missed the staff meeting. Pride is closed for a couple of days for “renovations”

StevieWonders
June 5th, 2021, 06:27
A friend of mine who was there last night (Friday) messaged me to say the place was like a graveyard. According to him, only two places open - Connections and G’s - and customers fewer than double figures.

StevieWonders
June 20th, 2021, 09:59
All things considered (only 3 establishments open and an official (nudge nudge, wink wink, say no more) booze ban), Soi 4 was fairly busy last night. Pride (where I was), Connections and G’s were doing well with Pride sending meals across the street to Connections as well. The only thing missing was the boys.

Patanawet
June 20th, 2021, 15:17
All things considered (only 3 establishments open and an official (nudge nudge, wink wink, say no more) booze ban), Soi 4 was fairly busy last night. Pride (where I was), Connections and G’s were doing well with Pride sending meals across the street to Connections as well. The only thing missing was the boys.

This post has been pointed out to me so I reluctantly opened it.
"(only 3 establishments open and an official (nudge nudge, wink wink, say no more) booze ban),". REALLY?? More unfounded rumours? At which restaurant did the writer illegally imbibe?

Connections total 5 customers that night.

Any chance the title of this thread could be re-named "More soi 4 FAKE news"?

StevieWonders
June 20th, 2021, 15:42
This post has been pointed out to me so I reluctantly opened it.
"(only 3 establishments open and an official (nudge nudge, wink wink, say no more) booze ban),". REALLY?? More unfounded rumours? At which restaurant did the writer illegally imbibe?

Connections total 5 customers that night.

Any chance the title of this thread could be re-named "More soi 4 FAKE news"?Oh dear - Pantanawet is evidently not a Friend Of Ross. Must be attending the wrong staff meetings.:D:devilsh:

CameronPride
June 20th, 2021, 16:28
He didn't mention Connections which has always been open (except Mondays) for deliveries and dine-in when allowed. Strange -- it is directly opposite his place Pride.

Connections close on Mondays. So they were closed on the Monday i made the video. Something Ross made very clear to me.

From Monday G's and Pride are open till 11pm and Connections will be open Tuesday - Sunday till 11pm.

Pride does a free BBQ every Sunday from 4:00pm - 7pm

I been keeping the 37 staff at Pride working and busy renovating the restaurant. So we are ready to reopen better then before. Thanks to all that support the Soi and give us some hope.

As to the question of the Covid Vax we sent the boys to the Center in north Bangkok to get the shots and have already had 2nd shots. So has most of the other Thai staff currently working in the Soi.

Adam massage opened also this week again. Nice to see the Soi coming to life.

CameronPride
June 20th, 2021, 16:43
Pride had 11 customers last night and I can say Connections was doing well. Keep in mind we all must have reduced seating so while it can appear the Restaurants in Soi 4 have low numbers we are starting to get a good flow again. Its not good but its something so that's a good start.

The police visited the Soi last night to remind that the sale of Alcohol is still not permitted. This despite some local police telling us that the old "In Coffee Cups" was ok .... Clearly this is now not the case and we wait for news next week about it.

It would appear the local boys in blue say one thing and then quickly call in other police to bust anybody drinking. The point here is that you cant trust anything here right now so i think the current shops are not going sell due to the local police setting us up for fins that they then go back and share. If you think you can pay off the police at this time you are mistaken.

I suggest the real target is the Customers Drinking in violation of the law. As such you should avoid it even if anybody offers to sell you a alcohol in a cup.

If you need a drink.. Go buy it at 7Eleven and take it home. Right now its not worth the risk in Silom.

My personal feeling is that things will continue to get more relaxed from the start of next month. Many of the other owners in Soi 4 are expecting to reopen next month also.

Patanawet
June 20th, 2021, 16:43
Oh dear - Pantanawet is evidently not a Friend Of Ross. Must be attending the wrong staff meetings.:
True to my principle of not feeding childish serial trollsters, as they say in BBC's Dragon's Den "On that basis -- I'm out".

StevieWonders
June 20th, 2021, 17:53
Thanks Cameron. I wasn’t of course suggesting that Pride was doing the old coffee cups routine - heaven forbid - even though I mentioned I had dinner there. I’m afraid there are posters who can’t conceive that if they don’t experience something for themselves then no one else has experienced it either.

CameronPride
June 20th, 2021, 22:21
Thanks Cameron. I wasn’t of course suggesting that Pride was doing the old coffee cups routine - heaven forbid - even though I mentioned I had dinner there. I’m afraid there are posters who can’t conceive that if they don’t experience something for themselves then no one else has experienced it either.

The reality is we all know that in the past you put the Beer in a coffee cup and all good. But last night i witnessed a "Know Spy" for the police looking at paper cups and then walked off into the dark on his phone. I had the feeling that a raid was about to happen and warned the neighbors. Sure enough Police in uniform show up minutes later walking around checking. Its my belief that despite being told "Just put it in paper coffee cups" its a setup.

This has been going on for months now that you get told its ok to do something and then the next night uniform police show up to see if they can catch you doing the wrong thing. It is for this reason Pride is never open after midnight. Despite others being offered (for a fee) to stay open till 2am we don't want to play along. Our license is till midnight and that's when we will close. Others are free to do as they want but I am just not willing to play along.

I have seen clients coming into my Restaurant ordering a glass of Coke and then toping it up with a bottle from a backpack. Even this I don't allow anymore as simply speaking the fine will be too great and as i am not selling the whisky I gain no benefit and yet hold all of the risk of a fine.

Right now my feeling is not to sell alcohol and wait for expected news that we can legally sell within the next 2 weeks.

As many know Pride Restaurant is used by many local office staff as a canteen. On an average day level 3 has 20 staff working (Mostly software development and IT). This pays the bills and allows us to stay open and support the local community in any way we can.

My neighbors have been doing it very tough the last year or so and I do my best I can to support them. Believe it or not we are a bit of a close community in Soi 4 and we all talk and catch up daily to see who needs help. My Boys are out fixing electrical, air conditioners, broken drains and many other tasks for free when we can. This not only keeps us busy but also keeps everybody ready for when we can again fully open.

Balcony and Telephone will re open as soon as they can sell Alcohol.

Keep in mind many of the staff needed are currently up country. Few owners provide accommodation, food and salary during this time. So it is going to take them a little time to get everything back online and working again if they have closed down but as always it will be back as soon as is legally possible.

I think talk of locals that are supporting customer requests of "A drink in a cup" needs to be avoided online. This only comes back to hurt the people we are all trying to support who are all going through a tough time right now. Last thing I want to see is good customers being dragged off the street by police for drinking and fined (And possibly deported as the law has been amended).

The one thing many like myself have noticed with this recent Covid lockdown is that people are not ordering food delivery same as last year. So the restaurants that hoped to get a small amount of money doing delivery have discovered this is simply not working as it did last time. So the local businesses are trying harder then ever to take care of the few clients they do get to come and visit each day.

Tomorrow we all plan to be open till 11pm so lets see how it goes and hope this is the start of things getting better soon.

More info on Pride during Covid on our website https://pridethailand.com/news/pridecommunity

StevieWonders
June 21st, 2021, 08:47
Hi Cameron

Is your BBQ a weekly event now? One boy I know hadn’t heard about it and your Facebook page doesn’t mention the time AFAIK (I’m told it’s 4PM to 6PM).

CameronPride
June 21st, 2021, 11:21
Hi Cameron

Is your BBQ a weekly event now? One boy I know hadn’t heard about it and your Facebook page doesn’t mention the time AFAIK (I’m told it’s 4PM to 6PM).

Yes its a Sunday thing from 4:00pm for around 3 hours. Even in the rain! Lucky yesterday The rain waited till 7:00pm!

We do also have plans to do a Sunday Roast like they used to do at Mollys but for now just the BBQ.

Patanawet
June 21st, 2021, 14:57
Well said Cameron.

Patanawet
June 22nd, 2021, 00:55

Dodger
June 22nd, 2021, 18:34
CameronPride and Patanawet:

Your updates on Silom Soi 4 are much appreciated.

Don't worry about the fake news which is constantly being posted by our resident troll. He is on our "Ignore"

Keep the fires burning,,,and hope to see you in July.

Dodger
June 23rd, 2021, 12:28

Balcony and Telephone will re open as soon as they can sell Alcohol.

Cameron,

Balcony seems to be jumping the gun by opening July 1st, unless they plan for the alcohol ban to be lifted by then. Do I have this right.

I'm planning a visit in July and just trying to get my bearings straight.

Thanks in advance.

Patanawet
June 23rd, 2021, 14:33
Cameron,

Balcony seems to be jumping the gun by opening July 1st,

I didn't see any suggestion that Balcony was planning to open in any other way than Connections and Pride open now.
However, me not being a rumour merchant (I'll leave that to others), couldn't possibly mention that rumours abound at the moment that from the 1st of July, restaurants will be able to sell alcohol(but still not pubs etc).

StevieWonders
June 23rd, 2021, 14:40
I didn't see any suggestion that Balcony was planning to open in any other way than Connections and Pride open now.
However, me not being a rumour merchant (I'll leave that to others), couldn't possibly mention that rumours abound at the moment that from the 1st of July, restaurants will be able to sell alcohol(but still not pubs etc).
Comprehension is not one of Dodgems’ strong points.

Dodger
June 23rd, 2021, 17:14

I was referring to Cameron's statement below:

"Balcony and Telephone will re open as soon as they can sell Alcohol."

StevieWonders
June 26th, 2021, 15:18
I know Dodgems won’t read this because Bookburning is its own reward but according to the Balcony Newsletter just out they’re reopening because “Hopefully, by the time that 1st July comes around we will all be able to have a drink”. Dream on, I’d have thought but good luck.

Patanawet
June 27th, 2021, 14:21
I was in Soi 4 last night and everyone was cautiously enthusiastic about a possible easing of restrictions next weekend AND NOW THIS!

StevieWonders
June 28th, 2021, 09:37
Both Balcony and Pride have “closed for business” notices on their FakeBook pages. Balcony’s says “until further notice” and Pride’s is “for 30 days”. There’s nothing yet from G’s. I understand from Ross that Connections will continue its home delivery activities.

Dodger
June 28th, 2021, 10:44
I was in Soi 4 last night and everyone was cautiously enthusiastic about a possible easing of restrictions next weekend AND NOW THIS!

Very unfortunate.

I've already canceled tentative plans to visit Bangkok (including Soi 4) in July. It's hard to imagine any of those businesses remaining open under the present covid conditions.

Patanawet
July 1st, 2021, 14:50
A glimmer of light in soi 4.
วันนี้ทางร้านเปิ รับออเดอร์ตั้งแต 11:00 น. - 21:00 น. แล้วน่ะครับ
From today we open from 11:00 AM. - 21:00 PM. ( Delivery only )

StevieWonders
July 1st, 2021, 15:40
It seems Patanawet was so eager to publish the Minutes of the latest staff meeting he attended that he forgot to the name the business - Connections.

Patanawet
July 1st, 2021, 17:11
Woops sorry;

christianpfc
July 1st, 2021, 22:54
วันนี้ทางร้านเปิx ับออเดอร์ตั้งแต่ 11:00 น. - 21:00 น. แล้วน่ะครับ
The post is truncated before Thai letter "do dek", but when I quote it, it appears in full, allowing me to delete the offending letter.

christianpfc
July 1st, 2021, 22:54
วันนี้ทางร้านเปิx ับออเดอร์ตั้งแต่ 11:00 น. - 21:00 น. แล้วน่ะครับ
The post is truncated before Thai letter "do dek", but when I quote it, it appears in full, allowing me to delete the offending letter so everyone can see the full message.

Patanawet
July 2nd, 2021, 02:38
Sorry Christian. I'm not sure what I did wrong there.
I was merely trying to copy and paste a message from Connections that they are still serving deliveries till 23:00 every night except Mondays.
That'll teach me to check back on my postings afterwards.

StevieWonders
July 2nd, 2021, 06:37
Sorry Christian. I'm not sure what I did wrong there.
I was merely trying to copy and paste a message from Connections that they are still serving deliveries till 23:00 every night except Mondays.
That'll teach me to check back on my postings afterwards.
Pretentiously posting in Thai script on an anglophone Forum from the Minutes of a Soi 4 bar staff meeting you’ve just attended doesn’t help.

christianpfc
July 2nd, 2021, 23:05
There is a bug in the software that cuts off everything after certain Thai letters. However, when you quote the message, the full text appears.

วันนี้ทางร้านเปิ (Thai letters removed)
The post is truncated before Thai letter "do dek", but when I quote it, it appears in full, allowing me to delete the offending letter. Edit: not just do dek, others as well.

CameronPride
July 9th, 2021, 20:11
Pride Bar and Restaurant has now closed for what we feel could be 3 months. Takeaway business is not our strong point as such the decision was made to close down fully.

Again we are told now a 14 day lockdown will be in place in Bangkok however we have seen before that 2 weeks in "Thai Time" will soon become 2 or 3 months.

This was not good news: https://thethaiger.com/news/bangkok/breaking-stay-at-home-orders-travel-restrictions-in-bangkok-and-9-other-provinces

Patanawet
July 10th, 2021, 02:58
So sorry Cameron. Let's hope reopening sooner than later.

Dodger
July 10th, 2021, 09:29
Pride Bar and Restaurant has now closed for what we feel could be 3 months. Takeaway business is not our strong point as such the decision was made to close down fully]

Very sorry to hear that news.

All things considered, your decision certainly makes sense.

Contrary to what some seem to believe, or want to believe, it's hard to imagine Thailand reopening to tourists in any sizable numbers until next year. That's if the government can get its head out of its ass and get the vaccine(s).

I think everyone's focus right now is on how to survive this Delta variant wave that's sweeping across the Kingdom. Everybody wants to party - but when it comes to surviving, the parties can wait.

Good luck in the future.

StevieWonders
July 10th, 2021, 10:35
G’s and Connections remain open for food parcels every day except Sundays.

Or as Amazing Dodgems would say: G’s and Connection’s remain open for food parcel’s every day except Sunday’s.

Patanawet
July 12th, 2021, 17:40
*Announcement* After much thoughts, we'll continue to open for Takeaway & Delivery from this Monday on, from 4 to 8 pm only. We don't have many choices but to keep surviving so we hope to be able to serve you dinner as much as we can with this few opening hours. Kindly note that some items might not be available during these couple of weeks, not only to ensure that all our food are fresh made and always with highest quality, but to provide our staffs to finish work on time so that they can get home before the curfew. Please stay safe and healthy!

Patanawet
July 13th, 2021, 16:00
Hungry? Fancy a lunchtime taste of your Soi 4 Thai favourites?

i see that CONNECTIOS, Silom Soi 4. is open for deliveries from lunchtime.

Nirish guy
July 13th, 2021, 18:55
I’m sure the citizens of BKK will be just delighted too to read this piece which suggests, perhaps not surprisingly, that people who get Covid in badly air polluted cities will suffer more than those from clean air areas too :-(

Doctor warns how air pollution can make severe COVID-19 even worse
http://news.sky.com/story/doctor-warns-how-air-pollution-can-make-severe-covid-19-even-worse-12354761

Ruthrieston
July 14th, 2021, 08:01
One of the good things about the lack of tour buses and generally more quiet roads is the lovely clean and clear air in Pattaya now. I can see the island and the coast line so clearly, it's lovely.

Dodger
July 14th, 2021, 09:40
One of the good things about the lack of tour buses and generally more quiet roads is the lovely clean and clear air in Pattaya now. I can see the island and the coast line so clearly, it's lovely.

You were reading my mind.

If returning to "normal" means the return of those black smoke belching monster tour buses screwing up our shoreline, I'd rather things remained the way they are now.

I can actually see fish when I'm swimming in the ocean now - versus - that thick brown fog we had before. What a concept!

Patanawet
July 14th, 2021, 12:33
And the relevance to Silom Soi 4?

Patanawet
August 17th, 2021, 17:01
Seen on Facebook, from Cameron, this week.
Good luck to them.

Patanawet
August 21st, 2021, 15:19
While Silom Soi 4 still has places only serving take away or delivery services, Aek from Connections has filled his time with painting. Something he studied at university.
Many will be familiar with his portraits and paintings hanging in the bar and the uncanny sculpture of Ross!

Now Aek has decided to enter a competition -- and his portrait of one of the artistes from neighbouring Strangers Bar has been shortlisted.

This video shows the painting process, out in the soi.

Please support him by subscribing to this YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78ys7AWDlbg

The final competition judging is on the 29th of September.

Ross helped greatly by constructing the easel.:))

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78ys7AWDlbg

Patanawet
August 31st, 2021, 18:20
Tomorrow brings the easing of restrictions (somewhat).
Restaurants will be able to open with restricted capacity depending on various things like in or outdoor, air-conditioning, ventilation etc.
Close by 20:00 to enable staff to get home before the curfew.
NO ALCOHOL.
Customers do not have to be vaccinated or tested. I don't know whether this applies to staff as well or not.

According to my limited knowledge:
Guido's will open
Pride will open.
Connections will open.
Balcony will NOT open until the serving of alcohol is approved again (hopefully 2 or 4 weeks).
I have no information about Telephone or Bas or Sports on 4.

Patanawet
October 30th, 2021, 13:06
BALCONY re-opens.11747

WITH PUB QUIZ at 19:30

dab69
October 30th, 2021, 15:04
https://www.pattayamail.com/thailandnews/booze-ban-lifted-in-bangkok-and-phuket-restaurants-from-nov-1-377468

Booze ban lifted in Bangkok and Phuket restaurants from Nov 1

Dr. Opas Karnkawinpong, director-general of the Department of Disease Control, said Bangkok governor Aswin Kwanmuang would impose zones for alcohol sales and consumption which would not be permitted across the board. (TNA)

Dodger
October 31st, 2021, 10:30
Dr. Opas Karnkawinpong, director-general of the Department of Disease Control, said Bangkok governor Aswin Kwanmuang would impose zones for alcohol sales and consumption which would not be permitted across the board. (TNA)

Considering the fact that tomorrow is November 1st, the Mayor has less than 24 hours to establish these zones, enter them in the Royal Gazette, and communicate them to the relevant businesses and the general public.

Can anyone hear "The Tea Money Express" rolling down the tracks?

Patanawet
October 31st, 2021, 17:32
How many 'restaurants' have (or even know what it is?) SHA certification?
Don't expect much alcohol around Bangkok eateries tomorrow.

Patanawet
October 31st, 2021, 17:34
The 70,000 arrivals will be so disappointed:mocking_mini:

Dodger
October 31st, 2021, 18:03

Strange that mostly the large chains and more expensive up-scale restaurants owned buy Thailand's elites are SHA approved and will permitted to serve alcohol. How convenient.

bkkguy
October 31st, 2021, 19:50
Considering the fact that tomorrow is November 1st, the Mayor has less than 24 hours to establish these zones, enter them in the Royal Gazette, and communicate them to the relevant businesses and the general public.

How many 'restaurants' have (or even know what it is?) SHA certification?

The Balcony are either up on both these points or are about to rush out another newsletter - in the past few days they have emailed two, the first announcing they are not reopening yet and a few days later another announcing they are opening Monday including a special on a bottle of vodka!

who would want to be trying to run a bar in Bangkok these days!

the first of them have already had the disappointment of having to enter via a COE rather than the "new" "improved" Thailand Pass so I suppose they are ready for anything

Blueskytoday
October 31st, 2021, 20:06
Why does everyone HAVE TO HAVE BOOZE.....Open the bars...have a coke and enjoy with the boys....

Gaybutton
October 31st, 2021, 20:12
Why does everyone HAVE TO HAVE BOOZE.....Open the bars...have a coke and enjoy with the boys....

That actually makes sense and you might think some of the bars would be doing just that - except for one minor problem. The bars are not permitted to open yet even if they don't serve liquor.

bkkguy
October 31st, 2021, 20:17
things "go-go" better with Coke?

Oliver2
October 31st, 2021, 22:03
My recollections of go go bars suggest that the majority of punters are just as likely to drink coke or water as they are beer. And if they do choose a Singha, they tend to sip it so slowly that they make it last only as long as their choice of companion is made.

Patanawet
November 1st, 2021, 13:39

Don't tell ME what to do!

Patanawet
November 1st, 2021, 22:51
Soi 4 was such fun tonight.
All restaurants open and serving till 21:00.
Balcony packed (really) for quiz night.
Police came about 21:10 but not concerned about drinking up.
A really nice night.

Patanawet
November 2nd, 2021, 16:24
Sorry, I posted this before in a wrong thread.

SILOM SOI 4 RE-OPEN - sort of. Monday 1st of November.
The bars/restaurants in the soi were told at about 4 o/clock that they could sell alcohol till 9.
The soi was surprisingly busy and bright after a typical, end of rainy season, monsoon.
Connections, Pride and Balcony open.
All 3 restaurants had many customers.
Telephone not open. (Rumours abound).

Oh, I nearly forgot to mention the new restaurant/bar on the corner of Silom owned by two 'ladies'.
It was formerly 'Eat Man- Eat Woman".
I'm told that in addition to the ground floor there will be a Korean restaurant above and eventually a cabaret bar above that.
Balcony was particularly busy because they held their quiz night.
I counted about six teams of 4+ . More, I think, than a normal quiz night. Lots of voucher prizes but the jackpot not won and rolls over.
And a free Balcony Members' dinner on Wednesday.
I left about 9:15 and there were still plenty of people hanging around.

Let's hope that in 4 weeks time, everything will be open including Jupiter, Strangers and Tapas/Welcome.

Patanawet
November 14th, 2021, 14:39
I made it to soi4 last night at about 6 o/clock.
Connections bar was busiest in the soi at that time.
Very soon the soi filled. and by the time the live music started, it was packed.
When I say filled -- even the terrace on the now closed Telephone pub (now operated by Pride and soon to open as Circus) was full.

Balcony had a tuneful 3 piece band and at Pride the wonderful Aom Am (Oma), finalist in Voice Thailand series 5, was belting it out like days of old. Hearing her was like the old soi4 --- as were the crowds.
Balcony had it's pool table operating again.
Connections was full and Ross the owner brought an extra table for me onto the soi. Food was cooked by his partner Aek who is also a talented artist in oils, pencil and sculpture -- what other talents does this boy have? -- well you'd have to ask Ross that. So busy that Ross is taking on a new waiter next week.

Cameron at Pride is looking for staff for when he opens his new bar Circus. Completely renovated inside -- the bar, not Cameron.

All of the open venues in the soi are SHA certified.

Closing time in the soi is ---- 9 for alcohol and 10 for closing. Last night not strictly adhered to.

The only sad thing is that bars and pubs etc. (eg Banana and Strangers and Jupiter) cannot open till the 16th of January --- NOT the first of December as Pinocchio promised us.
When that happens I predict that soi 4 will be back to it's original glory.

Dodger
November 15th, 2021, 07:34
Congratulations to all of the business owners who hung in their performing CPR on Krung Thep's Rainbow.

Jai and I can't wait to visit - see some smiling faces for a change - and revive the spirits.

Ruthrieston
November 15th, 2021, 08:30
I agree Mr Dodger, I am heading up to Bangkok on Wednesday for four nights, half price in my favourite hotel, and I am really looking forward to seeing Soi 4 alive and having a drink with my dinner.

Patanawet
November 15th, 2021, 17:39
I agree Mr Dodger, I am heading up to Bangkok on Wednesday for four nights, half price in my favourite hotel, and I am really looking forward to seeing Soi 4 alive and having a drink with my dinner.
Last Saturday Soi 4 was heaving. Live music frim Balcony and Pride.

goji
November 16th, 2021, 00:16

So all the repression in Pattaya might have the side effect of sending the residents up to Bangkok to crowd into Soi 4 at the weekend ? Who would have thought it ?

Governments should learn that dumb policies have unintended side effects.

Manforallseasons
November 16th, 2021, 01:21
Go all the way to BKK to sit in Soi 4 until 9PM….I don’t think so!

Dodger
November 16th, 2021, 08:43

Just start your night early...get drunk by 9:00...and have boy back in loom at 10:00.

Beats a stick in the eye!

Patanawet
November 16th, 2021, 14:45
Beats a stick in the eye!
Or a slap in the face with a wet fish.

CameronPride
November 20th, 2021, 00:55
I love this forum... Keeps me amused... Reminds me of the old days on Gay.com

Pride closes at 11:00 pm as we are open 3:00pm daily.

Connections and Balcony open later and stay open much later most nights. I understand many have asked why we don't stay open longer but I simply cant do it. My staff would kill me as they are already overworked.

I have a number of the Telephone Pub staff coming back to work for Pride / Circus next week. This will be a great help and even the Kitchen team from Telephone are coming back to work at Pride.

If you have Thai boys telling you they cant get a job and don't have money.. tell them to go to Pride and apply for work! I need at least 15 more staff to help for the opening of Circus! I pay Social Security, free food and pay generally higher salary then any others. As many know I truly take care of my staff and need as many more as I can get.

Nirish guy
November 20th, 2021, 18:54

You must be fun at parties .........

Patanawet
November 21st, 2021, 13:00

Part of a comment from Cameron of Pride/Circus --
"Pride closes at 11:00 pm as we are open 3:00pm daily.
Connections and Balcony open later and stay open much later most nights"

I left the packed soi at 01:00 last night..

Nirish guy
November 21st, 2021, 19:06
"Pride closes at 11:00 pm as we are open 3:00pm daily. Connections and Balcony open later and stay open much later most nights" I left the packed soi at 01:00 last night..

Shusssshhh, no one tell GB or MFAS as GB will tell you you're dreaming as the bars are closed in BKK and MFAS will tell you that it's not worth going anyway as you'll be put out at 9pm anyway. Just as well they're both staying home then I guess and that will free up more seats for the other customers who are it seems packing out the Soi until 1am last night it seems :-)

Gaybutton
November 21st, 2021, 19:42
packing out the Soi until 1am last night it seems

With or without face masks?

Nirish guy
November 21st, 2021, 23:33
With or without face masks?

Well if they're in the SOI Im guessing they wouldn't be needing them anyway would they ?? Or are they still legally required there even when outside perhaps ? If not, no problem eh and you can join in after all ( as they are licensed restaurants of course so you wouldn't be breaking any laws or anything !

Gaybutton
November 22nd, 2021, 00:04
Well if they're in the SOI Im guessing they wouldn't be needing them anyway would they ??

Is it too much to ask to get an answer to a simple question? "packing out the Soi until 1am". Are most people wearing the face masks or are they not?

goji
November 22nd, 2021, 01:49
Wouldn't restaurants be exempt from compulsory mask wearing ?

DoubleDutch
November 22nd, 2021, 02:09
Is it too much to ask to get an answer to a simple question?

Have you considered the possibility that no one wants to talk to you?

Nirish guy
November 22nd, 2021, 03:13
Is it too much to ask to get an answer to a simple question?

I know like when I asked ......"are they still legally required there even when outside perhaps ?"

As if not of course then the people in the Soi are doing nothing wrong, either legally or morally it would seem.

Brad the Impala
November 22nd, 2021, 03:38
Is it too much to ask to get an answer to a simple question? "packing out the Soi until 1am". Are most people wearing the face masks or are they not?

Don't play with the troll! He thrives on the attention he can no longer receive on his own forum, because posters there have realised that there is ultimately no point in engaging with someone who doesn't "get it", but nevertheless insists on the last word.

Gaybutton
November 22nd, 2021, 05:35
Wouldn't restaurants be exempt from compulsory mask wearing ?

Yes they would. I wasn't asking about restaurants. I was asking if people on the soi were wearing the face masks. Apparently it is too much to ask, especially if the question comes from me. Obviously the only answer I'll get are insult attempts.

StevieWonders
November 22nd, 2021, 05:59
With or without face masks?It is not mandatory to wear a face mask in a restaurant for obvious reasons. The capacity/distancing rules are supposed to be sufficient. Someone walking in the Soi is however obligated to wear a mask. I regard that as irrational but them’s the rules

arsenal
November 22nd, 2021, 07:11
vnman, the latest and most welcome refugee to cross the sea to seek and find sanctuary here has posted photos of the bars in full swinging action mode. That should answer any questions about mask wearing or not.

There's a boy here, a nice looking boy who works in the club and spends the whole evening wearing his mask. Then he complains that he hasn't got a girlfriend. Go figure.

goji
November 22nd, 2021, 17:29
There's a boy here, a nice looking boy who works in the club and spends the whole evening wearing his mask. Then he complains that he hasn't got a girlfriend. Go figure.

There is an unfortunate trend for Thai boys on Grindr to have profile pics with a face mask. I envisage making lots of requests for a photo without a face mask.
Although some might say I should follow suit.

pong
November 22nd, 2021, 19:04
There is an unfortunate trend for Thai boys on Grindr to have profile pics with a face mask. I envisage making lots of requests for a photo without a face mask.
Although some might say I should follow suit.

The same can be seen on sites like HUnqz or boys4u-where in EUR guys advertise their services. The reason is daft simple, IMHO: they want to show its safe to visit them as they take precautions and hence will not infect you. here many also proudly state they have been vaccinated twice.
Just try if you still get enough response posing without a MNC=mouth nose cover?
But it would be interesting to check which would offer more response-just make a comparison with 2 accounts?!

dinagam
November 22nd, 2021, 19:41
There is no complete certainty of not catching the virus even for those who are receiving multiple doses of the vaccines when indulging in intense sexual activities without the masks on, so what's the point in posting your pics with masks on, or are you trying to suggest that doing a 69 would make the encounter safer and in compliance with the standard operating procedures? So many 'vulnerable' people over the age of 65 are ever so eager to indulge in passionate love - making upon their return to Thailand, so be damned with the mask charade.

vnman
November 22nd, 2021, 22:04
vnman, the latest and most welcome refugee to cross the sea to seek and find sanctuary here has posted photos of the bars in full swinging action mode. That should answer any questions about mask wearing or not.

Agreed Arenal, those pictures don't lie.

Soi 2 was very well regulated. No vaccination meant no entry. When the bars closed, most people walked into Silom Rd wearing masks, and a few waited until they were leaving the area. If we ever want to get back to some form of "normal," being in a vaccinated environment should mean we can do without a mask. Is that 100% safe? Probably not, but as with everything in life, we take calculated risks.

I've spent 2 months in a Spanish hospital because of COVID, but I'm happy with initiatives like this. It's for me to decide if I want to subject myself to these encounters that are deemed reasonable safe by the powers that be.

gerefan2
November 23rd, 2021, 00:17
Soi 2 was very well regulated. No vaccination meant no entry..

How did they administer that?
What document was required by farangs?
Would they accept a UK document? Health service letter as accepted by Thai Pass?

StevieWonders
November 23rd, 2021, 06:38
Would they accept a UK document? Health service letter as accepted by Thai Pass?
On arrival you must show you have downloaded the Morchana App. Setting that up links to your Thailand Pass which contains your vaccination status. Despite the “banana republic” level of IT skills and government incompetence generally the intentions are there (when it works)

vnman
November 23rd, 2021, 11:05

As StevieWonders said, I showed them the Morchana app, but that sadly didn't work. A screenshot of the Thailand pass did the trick. They followed the QR code and that showed my vaccination status.

goji
November 23rd, 2021, 15:06
A screenshot of the Thailand pass did the trick. They followed the QR code and that showed my vaccination status.

Thank you. Put copies of that everywhere and printed off a few as well.

dab69
November 30th, 2021, 23:42
Balcony News:

Our Member’s FREE Meal this month is on Wednesday 1st December from 6.00pm to 8.00pm.

The meal is FREE for Balcony Members and only 100 Baht per head for non-members and guests.

This month the free meal is Chicken Green Curry and it’s on our Food Menu. It’s also been extremely popular in the past as our Member’s Free Dinner.

Members … please bring your membership cards.

Patanawet
December 30th, 2021, 18:21
MESSAGE FROM CAMERON (owner Pride and Circus).

Silom Soi 4 is open as usual. Rumours that the shops in Soi are closed are not true.
Temperature checks and mask wearing at the entrance of the alley every day. All shops in the alley are SHA certified and all employees are tested for COVID every week (1-2 times a week)

Silom Soi 4 is open as normal. Rumours that its closed are untrue. Security is checking temperature and masks at the entrance to the street. All venues are SHA certified and testing staff weekly.

StevieWonders
December 30th, 2021, 18:47
MESSAGE FROM CAMERON (owner Pride and Circus).

Silom Soi 4 is open as usual. Rumours that the shops in Soi are closed are not true.
Temperature checks and mask wearing at the entrance of the alley every day. All shops in the alley are SHA certified and all employees are tested for COVID every week (1-2 times a week)

Silom Soi 4 is open as normal. Rumours that its closed are untrue. Security is checking temperature and masks at the entrance to the street. All venues are SHA certified and testing staff weekly.ANOTHER staff meeting for you Patanawet? Who is putting these dastardly rumours about? https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showthread.php?22565-Bangkok-closed-again-until-January-15

StevieWonders
January 6th, 2022, 03:29
Pride and that other place (same owner) are closed until Saturday

StevieWonders
January 6th, 2022, 13:34
Should one speculate on the reason for the sudden closure? We know absolutely that it’s not the Big C as the management has been very upfront about the vaccination status of all the staff, and there’s that fig leaf at the Soi entrance to catch any filthy diseased person trying to enter. It’s been only a few days since Our Owners’ Lapdog hastened to assure us that there weren’t any closures, “business as usual “ was his watchword. My guess is that it’s the annual Works Outing to the seaside, nothing to see here, move along please

StevieWonders
January 8th, 2022, 10:06
From pics of deep cleaning being carried out at Pride and that other place posted on FakeBook it seems Cameron still believes in a theory that's been discredited for around 18 months - that COVID lives on surfaces

Manforallseasons
January 8th, 2022, 10:14
Soi 4 packed last night no testing.

StevieWonders
January 8th, 2022, 10:42
Soi 4 packed last night no testing.Yes, the Wonders entourage was at Baas down the far end. No fag hags :)

colmx
January 8th, 2022, 14:49
From pics of deep cleaning being carried out at Pride and that other place posted on FakeBook it seems Cameron still believes in a theory that's been discredited for around 18 months - that COVID lives on surfaces

I know I shouldn't feed the almost dead troll, but I detest people making up facts to suit their shit stirring:

Data from surface survival studies indicate that a 99% reduction in infectious SARS-CoV-2 and other coronaviruses can be expected under typical indoor environmental conditions within 3 days (72 hours) on common non-porous surfaces like stainless steel, plastic, and glass

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/more/science-and-research/surface-transmission.html

StevieWonders
January 8th, 2022, 19:34
I know I shouldn't feed the almost dead troll, but I detest people making up facts to suit their shit stirring:

Data from surface survival studies indicate that a 99% reduction in infectious SARS-CoV-2 and other coronaviruses can be expected under typical indoor environmental conditions within 3 days (72 hours) on common non-porous surfaces like stainless steel, plastic, and glass

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/more/science-and-research/surface-transmission.html
I’m old enough to remember the same Old Wive’s Tales about HIV. For all practical purposes viruses don’t survive long enough on surfaces. The most effective way of killing viruses in an enclosed environment is ultraviolet light. In order for a virus to pass from a surface is for someone to touch the virus and then touch a transmission route into the body. Laboratory tests don’t often translate into real-world outcomes enough to make the slightest difference

StevieWonders
January 9th, 2022, 02:27
I'm hoping colmx wakes me up when there are documented cases that show incontrovertible evidence of surface transmission of the virus. Until then surface-to-human transmission via the virus surviving on surfaces, no matter what laboratory experiments have found is a discredited theory

dab69
January 9th, 2022, 06:46
Friends Facebook shows employmernt advertisement picture For HotMale bar dancers;
200-300 baht per day.

I asked on his page if I could apply.

a447
January 9th, 2022, 08:20
Friends Facebook shows employmernt advertisement picture For HotMale bar dancers;
200-300 baht per day.

I asked on his page if I could apply.

Is dinner included?

StevieWonders
March 6th, 2022, 09:23
Is dinner included?Dinner? Seriously? See a Thai boy and all you need be interested in his lunch, unless you're a roly-poly Australian with dyed (peroxide) blonde hair, and you're not interested in normal gay interests but think Silom Soi 4 should be La Cage Aux Folles

Andaman!
March 6th, 2022, 14:29
Seriously? See a Thai boy and all you need be interested in his lunch,
Alway interested in a Thai lunch box - especially a big Isan lunch box.

lonelywombat
March 25th, 2022, 19:26
just as a matter of interest, where is this bar, Bangkok or Pattaya?

Mancs
March 25th, 2022, 20:05
just as a matter of interest, where is this bar, Bangkok or Pattaya?

Bangkok, Patong Soi 2, between Surawong and Silom.

Mancs
March 27th, 2022, 11:47
Soi 4 busy last night. I went in G's for the first time and was impressed. I must visit Pride and Circus to see what they're like before I leave.

StevieWonders
March 27th, 2022, 12:16
Soi 4 busy last night. I must visit Pride and Circus to see what they're like before I leave.

I hope you like fat ugly drag queens and fag hags. They share the same kitchen so if you order in Circus a waiter will walk across the Soi from Pride with your food

StevieWonders
March 29th, 2022, 01:22
Soi 4 busy last night. I went in G's for the first time and was impressed. I must visit Pride and Circus to see what they're like before I leave.Any report?

Mancs
March 29th, 2022, 11:16
Any report?

I leave Thailand 16/4 so will get round to it. I spend more time in Patong Soi 2 currently.

StevieWonders
April 3rd, 2022, 06:41
I leave Thailand 16/4 so will get round to it. I spend more time in Patong Soi 2 currently.

I trust you didn’t try to pick up the portly bottle blond , that’s our Cameron who fancies that he’s transforming gay Bangkok. Were there any boys at all you would bother with??

Dodger
June 9th, 2022, 19:11
I visited Silom Soi 4 for the first time in 2-1/2 years this week and had a great time.

My daughter and her fiancé' were here visiting from the States and we spent the last few days of there stay in Bangkok.

I don't know what Tarntawan Place needs more, a better cleaning crew, or a new manager, but the place was incredibly dreary and understaffed considering all rooms were filled during our stay. A glimmer of its old self in my opinion.

It was really nice seeing soi 4 rocking again and there seemed to be ample customers. Jai and I miss the "Telephone" name, but Circus was great...still the best cheeseburger in town...cute waiters...and plenty of eye candy as always. Pride and Connections appeared to be busy as well.

Kudo's to the bar owners who were able to weather the storm.

vnman
June 9th, 2022, 23:08
I don't know what Tarntawan Place needs more, a better cleaning crew, or a new manager, but the place was incredibly dreary and understaffed considering all rooms were filled during our stay. A glimmer of its old self in my opinion.

I stayed at the hotel last November and was happy with the place. But the huge discount I got may have something to do with it.

I was wondering where you were. There were no reports from you from Pattaya in the last weeks.