PDA

View Full Version : Religion debate

Moses
May 6th, 2021, 03:12
Several countries have a 95 year old head of state on banknotes.

The most sad story when head of state is not only not elected, but also is head of state church... it is shame of modern time - state church...

goji
May 6th, 2021, 04:00
The most sad story when head of state is not only not elected, but also is head of state church... it is shame of modern time - state church...

I agree on the religion aspect of it. Thankfully most Brits tend to park religion where it belongs, in the bin. However a connection between head of state and religion is unacceptable. As is a national anthem which promotes religion.

I have no objection to an unelected head of state, as long as the role is largely ceremonial. After all, compared with the likes of Donald Trump, I'd rather have the Queen as head of state.
I'd rather have the Queen than a "democratically elected" head of state who manages to jail, poison or shoot anyone likely to present a credible threat in an election.

Mind you, on the other hand, there are some unelected heads of state where past events at Yekaterinburg might provide a good example.

StevieWonders
May 6th, 2021, 06:52
The most sad story when head of state is not only not elected, but also is head of state church... it is shame of modern time - state church...Like Thailand?

arsenal
May 6th, 2021, 08:39
"The most sad story when head of state is not only not elected, but also is head of state church... it is shame of modern time - state church..."

Perhaps half the developed world has a state church. It's just that it's a foreign and sometimes hostile state. The Vatican.

Moses
May 6th, 2021, 13:26
"The most sad story when head of state is not only not elected, but also is head of state church... it is shame of modern time - state church..."

Perhaps half the developed world has a state church. It's just that it's a foreign and sometimes hostile state. The Vatican.

Vatican isn't state - it is joke, despite Wiki tells about...

As per "developed world".... well, looks like it is not enough developed then...

arsenal
May 6th, 2021, 13:57
Yes it is. Passports, borders, embassies, own police force etc. Very low birthrate...dunno why.

Moses
May 6th, 2021, 14:10
Yes it is. Passports, borders, embassies, own police force etc. Very low birthrate...dunno why.

Bunch of trickers. Why believers need middleman for to talk with God?

StevieWonders
May 6th, 2021, 14:22
Bunch of trickers. Why believers need middleman for to talk with God?Do tell us about your own religious faith.

Moses
May 6th, 2021, 14:51
Do tell us about your own religious faith.

I trust in humanity.

StevieWonders
May 6th, 2021, 14:54
I trust in humanity.I love a man with a sense of humour.

arsenal
May 6th, 2021, 15:07
"Bunch of trickers. Why believers need middleman for to talk with God?"

I agree. But that doesn't make The Vatican any less of an independent state. They have a king in fancy clothes, pageantry, great art and music, lovely buildings and a history that includes murder, rape, incest, assassination, robbery, torture, child abuse both physical and sexual times xxxxx. What's not to like?

Moses
May 6th, 2021, 15:22

I agree. But that doesn't make The Vatican any less of an independent state. They have a king in fancy clothes, pageantry, great art and music, lovely buildings and a history that includes murder, rape, incest, assassination, robbery, torture, child abuse both physical and sexual times xxxxx. What's not to like?

They are freeloaders. Not a member of UN, they don't pay to WHO, UNESCO and many other world organizations. They only collecting money from believers. "State'? Parasites.

arsenal
May 6th, 2021, 16:15
Freeloaders of what? 771 citizens so they don't require billions in aid. Observer status at the UN and not full members by their own choice. Collecting money from believers unlike every other state that forcibly extracts cash from its citizens.

goji
May 6th, 2021, 16:34

Probably a few wars as well.

As for collecting money from suckers, well at least that's voluntary. A bigger problem is forcibly teaching religion in schools.
When certain countries push back against religion, there's a big fuss, but everyone tolerates enforced religious schooling. Double standards.

arsenal
May 6th, 2021, 16:56
"As for collecting money from suckers, well at least that's voluntary. A bigger problem is forcibly teaching religion in schools.
When certain countries push back against religion, there's a big fuss, but everyone tolerates enforced religious schooling. Double standards."

Of course they'll go for enforced teaching of their religion if they can get away with it. No catholics means no money and the Bishop of Rome is standing outside the gate selling bottles of holy water.

"Alright darling
Holy water. Ya got spots, blots or a dose of the trots this will cure it.
Back ache, toof ache, earache or in your case faceache..this will sort you out.
Spare tyre, heart on fire compulsive liar then this is what you need.
Bad knee, always need to.pee, can't pee, can't really see then drink the drink Jesus himself blesses etc etc.

latintopxxx
May 7th, 2021, 01:57
Love the Catholic Church...the robes...hats..the architecture....interior decor...the drama...the show..whats not to like..

Nirish guy
May 7th, 2021, 02:04
They even have the after show nibbles sorted out with their weekly offerings of a selection of fine wine and bread crackers too....

goji
May 7th, 2021, 03:00
They even have the after show nibbles sorted out with their weekly offerings of a selection of fine wine and bread crackers too....
I heard rumours they are a bit mean with the servings of wine though ?
To keep people going, they could copy Ryan Air and send someone around with a trolley selling the stuff.

And some Dave Allen......
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-u6XXOELs_s