View Full Version : Balcony Pub, Silom Soi 4 closed “until further notice”

StevieWonders
April 28th, 2021, 11:52
Balcony sent out a newsletter yesterday stating that they will be closed from 8pm Tuesday night “until further notice”.

Pride has been closed for more than a week.

Patanawet
April 28th, 2021, 13:25
The Balcony newsletter that I got last night said:
The Balcony will close at 8.00pm tonight, Tuesday 27th April 2021, and will reopen when the Covid situation allows. We will send you an email when we are reopening.

Therefore the Cheese Evening tomorrow is cancelled and the Quiz Night on Monday 3rd May is postponed.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

So to be precise -- re-opening "when the Covid situation allows" rather than "until further notice".

As far as I know, Connections is still open and delivering their own food.

StevieWonders
April 28th, 2021, 13:27
The Balcony will close at 8.00pm tonight, Tuesday 27th April 2021, and will reopen when the Covid situation allows. We will send you an email when we are reopening.

Therefore the Cheese Evening tomorrow is cancelled and the Quiz Night on Monday 3rd May is postponed.

So to be precise -- re-opening "when the Covid situation allows" rather than "until further notice".

Surely you have more details from their staff meetings?

Dodger
April 28th, 2021, 15:15

Thanks Patanawet.

I have the Board Troll on "Permanent Ignore" and was anxious to hear what was happening at Balcony.

Much appreciated.

StevieWonders
April 28th, 2021, 15:19
I’m also told (nothing in writing) that Fork & Cork (formerly Sphinx) Restaurant has closed and if it re-opens it won’t be in Soi 4.

StevieWonders
April 28th, 2021, 15:26
I have the Board Troll on "Permanent Ignore" and was anxious to hear what was happening at Balcony.Virtue is its own reward :devilsh:

StevieWonders
April 28th, 2021, 18:49
I have the Board Troll on "Permanent Ignore" and was anxious to hear what was happening at Balcony.
“Please sir, please sir, I’ve cut off my nose to spite my face. I’d rather not know the news at all than to hear it from steviewonders”.

MikaQ5
April 30th, 2021, 04:42
I imagine it has a lot to do with new rules coming into force Sat - with no dine in allowed in restaurants in the new "Dark Red " control areas ( Bkk inc )

StevieWonders
April 30th, 2021, 11:09