PDA

View Full Version : Have you had your COVID jabs yet?

Sen Yai
April 24th, 2021, 14:54
There has been a lot of talk about the efficacy and availability of vaccines, so I though a poll on the current vaccination status of SGT members might be interesting:

cdnmatt
April 24th, 2021, 15:03
At the rate things are going in Canada, I'll be lucky if I get a jab by year's end.

Kenny
April 25th, 2021, 16:34
Surprisingly positive results so far, vaccines are getting out there.

goji
April 25th, 2021, 19:08
Surprisingly positive results so far, vaccines are getting out there.

I suspect the vaccination results are indicative of:

1 An active membership base predominantly in countries with good availability of vaccines for people of a certain age, ie UK, US, Russia and even the EU, if compared with the rest of the world.

2 People smart enough to look at the data and ignore all the BS from the lunatic anti-vaxxers. All the evidence shows vaccination risks are orders of magnitude lower than covid risks for our age groups.

christianpfc
April 25th, 2021, 19:43
I'm in no rush to get vaccinated. Anyway, as a foreigner in Cambodia, it might take a bit longer until vaccination is available for me and I will wait for other's reports about the procedure. Being vaccinated will bring advantages in international travel, might even be a prerequisite for some airlines or countries, so I will get vaccinated at some point. Else, I would skip vaccination (I didn't get flu vaccinations and I'm not at risk of serious illness from Covid, but vary of a hastily developed and brought to the market vaccine).

Ruthrieston
April 26th, 2021, 09:14
While Thailand struggles to contain the worst wave of the pandemic we are still in complete confusion as to when we might get access to a vaccine. Some suggestions that it might be October at the earliest. This week the "Prime Minister" will talk again about allowing the private hospitals to buy stocks of the vaccine to sell. All we can do is hope they finally get their act together and make the vaccine available at some point this year.

cdnmatt
April 26th, 2021, 09:27
This week the "Prime Minister" will talk again about allowing the private hospitals to buy stocks of the vaccine to sell.

Nothing more than a PR stunt allowing the government to pass the buck. If the government as an entity is incapable of procuring vaccines, how do they expect private hospitals to be able to?

Any vaccines private hospitals will be able to get their hands on are black market that haven't passed FDA regulations. If that market does open up, I'd expect citizens being able to purchase really expensive salene in the future, but that's about it.

StevieWonders
April 26th, 2021, 13:28
Nothing more than a PR stunt allowing the government to pass the buck. If the government as an entity is incapable of procuring vaccines, how do they expect private hospitals to be able to?

Any vaccines private hospitals will be able to get their hands on are black market that haven't passed FDA regulations. If that market does open up, I'd expect citizens being able to purchase really expensive salene in the future, but that's about it.For those who actually know what’s going on in Thailand, it’s obvious Matt’s first para is somewhat astray from the true situation. I’d suggest those interested could google the name of the Minister in charge of the vaccination rollout (Anutin) along with the acronym BFF (Best Friend Forever) but you’re more likely if outside Thailand to read it in the Twitter feed of @zenjournalist

christianpfc
April 30th, 2021, 21:27
If the government as an entity is incapable of procuring vaccines, how do they expect private hospitals to be able to?
Money, capitalism, free market? Anyway, the private hospitals are for the rich, so the numbers they need are much lower.

AdamKY
May 3rd, 2021, 07:38
When the question arises about whether or not to become inoculated against the corona virus one should only seek and take advice from medical professionals. One of the last, if not the last, person I would listen to is a politician. Ideally one should consult with his primary care physician.

cdnmatt
May 3rd, 2021, 08:36
Here they just dropped age of bookings down to 54+. If things go well with supply, I should hopefully have a jab in a couple months, or at least a booking for one.

Ruthrieston
May 3rd, 2021, 09:03
Chaos, confusion and uncertainty continue in Thailand. If and when "smelly" farang will gain access to the vaccine, whether we will have to pay for it, whether we will be allowed any choice as to which vaccine we can obtain............the story goes on, and on, and on..........

StevieWonders
May 3rd, 2021, 11:00
Chaos, confusion and uncertainty continue in Thailand. If and when "smelly" farang will gain access to the vaccine, whether we will have to pay for it, whether we will be allowed any choice as to which vaccine we can obtain............the story goes on, and on, and on..........Whatever your level of confusion (and as you’ve chosen to live in Pattaya inability to think logically goes with the territory), like every other country that has made vaccination free you’ll take what you are given (as the government has already said). You won’t be able to say “no Chinese junk for me”. If you want AstraZeneca or something else you’ll have to pay for it. If you’re paying for it all of your other questions are irrelevant.

Jellybean
May 4th, 2021, 21:20
I'm happy to report that I received my second Pfizer jab today. Previously, I ticked the second box: I've had the first shot and awaiting my second, but now I can be added to the first box: Yes, I've had both shots and I'm fully vaccinated already. :)

And since today is May 4th, I'd like to end with the following message . . .

Maxxy
May 5th, 2021, 09:14
My first astra jab looks to be around the end of the month or early June, just waiting on my dr to start the over 50's vaccinations

cdnmatt
May 7th, 2021, 02:35
Here we go, now Canada's flying. Down to 49+ years old. 9 more years, and I'm in there, and at this rate it'll only be a couple more weeks.

As far as I can tell, we're all getting Pfizer. I think J&J is available and optional if you want to go through a pharmacy, or you can wait for your turn and healthcare will contact you for Pfizer. Seems to be how things landed at least, but fluid situation so who knows...

gerefan2
May 7th, 2021, 22:29
Here we go, now Canada's flying. Down to 49+ years old. 9 more years, and I'm in there, and at this rate it'll only be a couple more weeks.

Here they just dropped age of bookings down to 54+. If things go well with supply, I should hopefully have a jab in a couple months, or at least a booking for one.

So which is it? Beginning to sound like frequent here!

cdnmatt
May 8th, 2021, 02:27
So which is it? Beginning to sound like frequent here!

Well, not my fault they picked up the pace. I was expecting them to go at around 2 years per-week, not 5.

StevieWonders
May 8th, 2021, 05:47
Well, not my fault they picked up the pace. I was expecting them to go at around 2 years per-week, not 5.Proverbs 4:7

gerefan2
May 8th, 2021, 05:50
Well, not my fault they picked up the pace. I was expecting them to go at around 2 years per-week, not 5.

You missed my point entirely..

StevieWonders
May 8th, 2021, 06:55
You missed my point entirely..Titus 1:15

cdnmatt
May 9th, 2021, 11:41
46+ now, baby! Canada seems to be flying through the vaccination process now...

Bumpy start, but doing great now.

StevieWonders
May 9th, 2021, 11:49
46+ now, baby! Canada seems to be flying through the vaccination process now...

Bumpy start, but doing great now.And to think we’ve had to put up with your endless moaning for months now.

cdnmatt
May 9th, 2021, 11:54
And to think we’ve had to put up with your endless moaning for months now.

We're sorry for any inconvience this may have caused you. Please e-mail your grievences to complaints@idontgiveafuck.com, as we would love to hear from you in order to aaure you the best possible service available.

StevieWonders
May 9th, 2021, 12:07
We're sorry for any inconvience this may have caused you. Please e-mail your grievences to complaints@idontgiveafuck.com, as we would love to hear from you in order to aaure you the best possible service available.You’re forever sourcing posts from the Whiners & Whingers Forum (Thaivisa) so your more personal posts have come as no surprise. SGT never inconveniences me; observing the folly of others is a favourite pastime.

cdnmatt
May 11th, 2021, 20:10
Booked, getting jabbed on the 18th!

Man, Canada is moving fast now. Apparently the Americans must have ran out of people to vaccinate, because we seem to have lots now.

Sen Yai
May 12th, 2021, 06:41
Booked, getting jabbed on the 18th!
Man, Canada is moving fast now. Apparently the Americans must have ran out of people to vaccinate, because we seem to have lots now.

Congratulations matt! Good to hear that the vaccination role-out is continuing apace.

Like Jellybean and probably a few others, I have now had my second shot and would now be in the 1st category, instead of the 2nd where I was when I started this pole. Maybe I will run another pole in a few months time to see how the overall picture has changed.

I am fortunate where I live that a choice of vaccines (I took BioNTech) is freely available to anyone who wants it with no age restrictions or other priority cases (anyone over 16yrs). I am looking forward to travelling again as soon as bubbles and/or sandboxes allow.

Kenny
May 22nd, 2021, 22:15
Like you, Sen Yai, I have moved to category 1 having been pfizered.
Time to start considering travel options.

Moses
June 30th, 2021, 17:06
After 6 months of first jab and in front of Indian Delta-stamm's storm here, I voluntary went to clinic today and got revaccination booster by Sputnik V again.

I did it because S-spike antibody test week ago shows what my antibody level is just 25% above of minimal level needed for protection. Here everyone who wants to get boost may do it 6 months after first jab of first vaccination or recovery from COVID illness.