PDA

View Full Version : Starting a Poll?

Sen Yai
April 24th, 2021, 13:46
Is the option to start a Poll no longer available? There is a box to tick in the 'additional options' panel once starting a new thread, allowing the choice of the number of options, but nothing else....

Also, this form is titled "......How to, forum's FAQ" but I can't see any of either.

cdnmatt
April 24th, 2021, 13:57
You need to humbly bring the Russian some tea, bow, do a curtsy, bow again, then give him a gift of one of those wooden dolls inside of dolls things. After that, the poll option opens up for you.

a447
April 24th, 2021, 14:05
Try this:

"How do I create a new poll?

When you post a new thread, you may also have the option to create a poll.

This allows you to ask a question and specify a number of possible responses. Other members will then be able to vote for the response they wish, and the results of the voting will be displayed in the thread.

An example poll might be:

What is your favorite color?

Red
Blue
Yellow
Green
Sky-blue
Pink with yellow spots
To create a poll when you post a new thread, simply click the 'Yes, post a poll with this thread' checkbox at the bottom of the page, and set the number of possible responses you want to include.

When you click the submit button, you will be taken to the poll creation page, where you can specify the question and the list of responses you want to include.

You may also want to specify a time limit for the poll, so that (for example) it stays open for voting for only a week."

Sen Yai
April 24th, 2021, 14:52
Thanks a447. This is the clue i needed
Try this:

When you click the submit button, you will be taken to the poll creation page, where you can specify the question and the list of responses........

Clicking the 'submit' button before creating the poll questions or previewing the post seems rather counter-intuitive to me, but I will give it a try.