PDA

View Full Version : The Butterfly Effect

cdnmatt
April 16th, 2021, 08:52
What a tangled web we weave!

Didn't want to hijack the other "How did you end up in LOS" thread, but this got me thinking. What are some of your butterfly effect stories? We all have them.

How I got involved with Kim is a good example. It was upon my return to Asia after my year back in Canada. First went to say hi to my parents, then went out to Pattaya. walked into a Sunee gogo bar one night, and this young guy wouldn't stop nodding his head at me, insisting I call him over, which I did.

Offed him, took him back to Mosaik where I quickly learned he didn't know a lick of English. Great night though, and he was awesome. Instead of having him spend the night I sent him on his way with some money, as I only had a studio and still wanted to work, so didn't want to keep him up. Upon leaving we gave each other a hug at my request, and for some reason I always remembered that hug. Just something about him I really liked, but couldn't put my finger on it.

My brother and his family were heading to my parents place for summer holidays, so I left Pattaya and headed to Malaysia to do the family thing. A few weeks later, I headed back up to Pattaya, and the bar Kim was working at closed down since I was last there, so that was that. Didn't think much of it, and continued with my travels. Afterall, had only spent a total of a couple hours with the guy, so didn't matter to me.

One night around 2am I decided I was hungry, so headed out to grab some kha man gai from one of those stalls on the road in front of Tuckom. While walking down the street, a group of young Thai guys stopped me with one of them asking me, "you remember him? you took him off before? remember?" while pointing at the cute young guy who was shyly grinning. Took me a little while then it clicked it was Kim, and I excitedly said, "ohhh, yeah, yeah... I remember him, I like him".

We all ended up going to karoke that night, which then resulted in about a 4 year relationship, and Kim and myself moving to Khon Kaen, and everything else.... Now what would have happened if that one night I decided I wasn't hungry and never went out for khao man gai? Good chance I would have never bumped into Kim again in my life, and both of our lives would have been dramatically different.

There's mine, so I'm curious as to yours now. What are some butterfly effect stories from your past?

StevieWonders
April 16th, 2021, 08:58
I’ve already posted on this theme - https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showthread.php?22012-Buddhist-bedfellows

You didn’t like it.

cdnmatt
April 16th, 2021, 16:03
Ok, let's get back to all that then. Is all this stuff pre-determined, or is it really all just totally random events, floating in a universal sea of conciousness that doesn't even really exist or can be measured by us humans?