PDA

View Full Version : Mass vaccination programme to begin 1 May

StevieWonders
April 15th, 2021, 06:45
Those of you supporting guys in Thailand might check that they know about the mass vaccination programme that starts next month. If they use LINE they can register via that App. All the details are in this article -

https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30404871

I understand it’s on the basis of “don’t ask, don’t tell” for Khmer, Burmese, Lao and other nationals whose Immigration status is informal. As for expats my attitude is “don’t know, don’t care”

catawampuscat
April 19th, 2021, 19:38
It’s looking more like June than May.

Blueskytoday
April 19th, 2021, 20:53
I assume it is the chinese vaccine for Thailand?? HOPE it works....guess it does....

francois
April 20th, 2021, 13:25
It’s looking more like June than May.

Latest report it looks more like July than June!

dab69
April 20th, 2021, 20:47
https://www.yahoo.com/news/thailand-govt-negotiating-buy-pfizer-133847376.html

Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha, under intense criticism for failing to secure adequate supplies of coronavirus vaccines, said Tuesday his government is negotiating to buy 5 million to 10 million doses from U.S. pharmaceutical company Pfizer.

Manforallseasons
April 20th, 2021, 21:00
https://www.yahoo.com/news/thailand-govt-negotiating-buy-pfizer-133847376.html

Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha, under intense criticism for failing to secure adequate supplies of coronavirus vaccines, said Tuesday his government is negotiating to buy 5 million to 10 million doses from U.S. pharmaceutical company Pfizer.

That’s nice.....Thai population 70,000,000

dab69
April 20th, 2021, 22:00
That’s nice.....Thai population 70,000,000

Gotta start somewhere.
Sooner would have been better.

cdnmatt
April 20th, 2021, 22:32
Pfizer has a slight backlog at the moment, so wouldn't expect those vaccines to be showing up anytime before summer of 2022.

dab69
April 20th, 2021, 22:35
They should reshuffle their priorities...

goji
April 21st, 2021, 04:21
Since 5~10 million doses is inadequate, they need to look elsewhere for serious volume.

Searching for that volume, here's an extract from "The Nation" earlier in the year.

"Separately, Dr Songpon Deechongkit, managing director of Siam Bioscience, said the company received knowledge and technology from AstraZeneca in October last year. Since then Siam Bioscience has been making preparations and should be able to produce some 200 million doses yearly or about 15 million to 20 million doses per month".

https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30400664

Now if there's any truth in that statement, that's the kind of volume that's needed for a mass vaccination programme,

Here's a more recent article on the topic: https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2101171/siam-bioscience-confident-of-delivering-vaccine-jabs-on-time

They talk of delivery in July. Of course, as with most other countries, all the important detail like how many doses are due to be delivered each week is not disclosed.

Dodger
April 21st, 2021, 12:51
They talk of delivery in July. Of course, as with most other countries, all the important detail like how many doses are due to be delivered each week is not disclosed.

The only thing getting delivered in July, will be another news release riddled with weasel-words like the one's we've been reading.

cdnmatt
April 21st, 2021, 13:44
Considering how everything is going, I'd highly recommend everyone making themselves comfortable where they are. Us humans are currently losing the battle against Covid, transmission is rife across many regisions of the world, continuously generating new variants even more deadly than the last such as the new Indian variant now ravaging India.

This cycle will most likely continue for a good while until we have at least 4 or 5 billion people vaccinated against the latest Covid variant, and that's not going to be happening anytime soon. Either that, or until we manage to straight up cure influenza altogether, but we've been trying to do that for 2700 years now, so wouldn't hold my breath.

StevieWonders
April 21st, 2021, 14:31
Considering how everything is going, I'd highly recommend everyone making themselves comfortable where they are. Us humans are currently losing the battle against Covid, transmission is rife across many regisions of the world, continuously generating new variants even more deadly than the last such as the new Indian variant now ravaging India.

This cycle will most likely continue for a good while until we have at least 4 or 5 billion people vaccinated against the latest Covid variant, and that's not going to be happening anytime soon. Either that, or until we manage to straight up cure influenza altogether, but we've been trying to do that for 2700 years now, so wouldn't hold my breath.It’s a tough competition Matt, with many strong contenders, but at the moment you’re the current short price favourite for Pandemic Drama Queen

cdnmatt
April 21st, 2021, 14:48
It’s a tough competition Matt, with many strong contenders, but at the moment you’re the current short price favourite for Pandemic Drama Queen

Well, it's been 16 months, things are getting worse not better, and that's after public sector and private industry alike have thrown everything they have at this thing. Reading the news as of late, can't really blame a guy for getting a little pessimistic.

Only viable way out of this pandemic is if vaccine development, manufacturing, and distribution on a global scale outpaces mutations of the virus, and we're nowhere even close to that.

StevieWonders
April 21st, 2021, 14:59
Well, it's been 16 months, things are getting worse not better, and that's after public sector and private industry alike have thrown everything they have at this thing. Reading the news as of late, can't really blame a guy for getting a little pessimistic.

Only viable way out of this pandemic is if vaccine development, manufacturing, and distribution on a global scale outpaces mutations of the virus, and we're nowhere even close to that.Your reading seems somewhat selective. Try cheering yourself up by checking out COVIDGoodNews on Reddit from time to time.

StevieWonders
April 22nd, 2021, 18:31
Thailand will also be using Russia’s Sputnik V vaccine - just announced:

https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/russia-will-supply-thailand-with-sputnik-v-vaccine-supply/

Manforallseasons
April 22nd, 2021, 18:43
Thaksin offers help securing vaccines PM snubs offer:

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2103387/pm-snubs-thaksin-offer-to-help-secure-vaccines

Dodger
April 27th, 2021, 20:18
Going back to the title of this post: "Mass vaccination programme to begin 1 May"

I guess if they still plan to start this mass vaccination in 5 more days, they'll have to settle for vaccinating about 10 people a day for the next century to cover the population with the current supply.

With Thailand's aging population, half of the people will be dead by then, and the other half will be driving electric cars that were Made in China, sporting chrome plated Bat hood ornaments.

Don't you just love a plan that comes together?

cdnmatt
April 27th, 2021, 20:35
Going back to the title of this post: "Mass vaccination programme to begin 1 May"

I guess if they still plan to start this mass vaccination in 5 more days, they'll have to settle for vaccinating about 10 people a day for the next century

Yep. Again, for some perspective... Canada has far more wealth than Thailand, half the population, is a G7 country, and solidified vaccine purchase orders with multiple suppliers back in Mar / Apr 2020 for enough vaccines to vaccinate the entire Canadian population almost six times over.

Yet, here we are May 2021, and Canada is nowhere close to having a vaccinated population. I highly doubt everyone will be vaccinated by year's end, but there is still that possibility, and time will tell.

So now back to Thailand. Ummm.... yeah... Thais and you expats over there are probably in for a decent wait.

cdnmatt
April 28th, 2021, 07:48
I guess the Thai PM has appointed himself Covid Czar, and he alone will solve this pesky pandemic issue.

Bloody demogogues. Maybe you want to put a qualified epidemiologist in that role instead of a military general? I don't know, just spit balling here...

StevieWonders
April 28th, 2021, 08:18
I guess the Thai PM has appointed himself Covid Czar, and he alone will solve this pesky pandemic issue.

Bloody demogogues. Maybe you want to put a qualified epidemiologist in that role instead of a military general? I don't know, just spit balling here...Wrong again, Matt. You did get one concept right - Czar - but it’s not Prayut. And yes, you’re spitballing as usual.

StevieWonders
April 28th, 2021, 11:39
I did hear a lovely story recently (and saw the paperwork) of some Western expats who are organising a petition to their national government back home to fly in a batch of vaccines for their own use on the grounds that the Thai government is being too slow to roll out vaccinations for expats (these have been promised several times via the Thai media). Imagine the reaction of local Thais if this ever came to pass.

StevieWonders
April 28th, 2021, 15:15
AstraZeneca released a statement today announcing that their plans to produce its COVID-19 vaccine in Thailand have made “significant progress” and that the first batch of the vaccine will be delivered to the Thai Government this June.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/significant-progress-reported-in-astrazeneca-vaccine-production-in-thailand/

AstraZeneca’s vaccine is being manufactured by a company majority-owned by A Certain Person

Dodger
April 28th, 2021, 15:26
I guess the Thai PM has appointed himself Covid Czar, and he alone will solve this pesky pandemic issues.

Actually I have a different read on this.

I think the PM is tired of having his ass in the Hot Seat and decided to toss the Hot Potatoe to the Provincial Governors for that very reason. He's in a no-win situation right now, and he knows it. Better to let someone else stand in the losers circle.

I don't put any credence in what they publish in the newspapers either. They either have the vaccine(s) available to perform Mass Vaccinations on May 1st, or they don't. And we already know the answer to that.

Without planned commitments, those timelines of theirs are as useful as a 5 year old's crayon scribble.

cdnmatt
April 28th, 2021, 15:47
Yeah, I misread that headline. Said something like "Thailand PM appinted Kovid Szar to handle pandemic", and misread it. Screen reader is at 100% speed, so it happens.

StevieWonders
May 1st, 2021, 11:12
The government reiterated on Thursday that everyone in Thailand is eligible for free vaccination. Unfortunately the translation uses the word “resident” (rather than “residing”) so the Whingers & Whiners Forum (Thaivisa) is alive with expats claiming that must mean permanent residents (ie. not expats). The government has also made clear that getting a vaccination for free means you can’t demand one vaccine over another. It’s on a “take it or leave it” basis. If you want to ensure you don’t get the Chinese rubbish you’ll have to go private and pay for it.

Armando
May 3rd, 2021, 17:54
The government has also made clear that getting a vaccination for free means you can’t demand one vaccine over another. It’s on a “take it or leave it” basis. If you want to ensure you don’t get the Chinese rubbish you’ll have to go private and pay for it.
Two months ago I had emails from two private hospitals who have my name on their list. They asked if I would need a vaccine. If so, I should complete a form. I assume this was to ensure they ordered enough supplies to fill the orders. Since then I have heard nothing from them,

As for public vaccination starting on May 1, has anyone any more news on this. I saw my doctor at a public hospital 10 days ago. She and her colleagues had just had their first shots the day before. Like many doctors in public hospitals, she works at a private hospital 3 days a week. If front line workers have only just been vaccinated, what chance is there of a general roll out for many more weeks?

Dodger
May 4th, 2021, 08:23
As for public vaccination starting on May 1, has anyone any more news on this. ?

Lots of news pouring in, but mostly meaningless dribble.

Bottom line: Not enough vaccine in Thailand to Mass Vaccinate a small cage of mice, let alone a population of 70 million people.

StevieWonders
May 4th, 2021, 08:59
I wonder how many whingers and whiners here have read this article:

https://www.thaiexaminer.com/thai-news-foreigners/2021/05/02/expats-over-60-free-vaccination-from-june/

The relevant section is:
"While expats and foreigners are provided for under the vaccine rollout, the LINE app only had provision for the input of Thai national identity numbers.

Expats with a Thai ID or ‘pink’ registration card can use this service while those living in the kingdom who use their national passport as their main ID, cannot.

Officials suggest that, for now, expats or foreign residents should contact their local hospital or medical facility to book an appointment if they are over 60 or have an underlying condition."

It looks like the over 60s will be getting the AstraZeneca vaccine.

cdnmatt
May 4th, 2021, 09:39
According to this, everything is on track for manufacturing AZ in Thailand. First batch will be out to the Thai government in June:

https://www.astrazeneca.com/country-sites/thailand/press-relaese/thai20210428.html

Doesn't say how much though. However, it does say:

The company's plants also achieved multiple international standards such as ISO9001, ISO17025, and ISO13485.

There we go, Dodger should be all set and confident now.

StevieWonders
May 4th, 2021, 10:16
According to this, everything is on track for manufacturing AZ in Thailand. First batch will be out to the Thai government in June:

https://www.astrazeneca.com/country-sites/thailand/press-relaese/thai20210428.html

Doesn't say how much though. However, it does say:

There we go, Dodger should be all set and confident now.It’s the whingers and whiners who have the most to say and the least of value to contribute - Dodgems fitting both categories snugly.

goji
May 4th, 2021, 15:11
Lots of news pouring in, but mostly meaningless dribble.

Bottom line: Not enough vaccine in Thailand to Mass Vaccinate a small cage of mice, let alone a population of 70 million people.

Exactly.
Has anyone seen evidence of the mass vaccination programme having started 3 days ago ?
Thought not.
They are not getting the May 1 supply here: https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2107283/local-astrazeneca-jab-ready-by-june

cdnmatt
May 4th, 2021, 15:28
And problems with the online platform used to book appointments. Off to a great start...

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/push-to-vaccinate-16-million-vulnerable-thais-suffers-early-setbacks/

StevieWonders
May 5th, 2021, 07:09
Bad news for naysayers like goji - https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2110215/klong-toey-shots-drive-in-works

StevieWonders
May 5th, 2021, 07:19
Evidently there’s been some pushback on expats getting vaccinated soon according to today’s Bangkok Post: https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2110211/thais-not-expats-get-jab-priority

StevieWonders
May 5th, 2021, 07:23
Exactly.
Has anyone seen evidence of the mass vaccination programme having started 3 days ago ?
Thought not.
They are not getting the May 1 supply here: https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2107283/local-astrazeneca-jab-ready-by-june
Poor old goji, cannot even read the first paragraph of the link in the very first post in this thread:
“ The Public Health Ministry will start vaccinating the general public against Covid-19 around mid-May, when the first lot of the locally manufactured AstraZeneca vaccine will be ready, Public Health permanent secretary Dr Kiattiphum Wongrajit said.”

Registration opens on 1 May the article said and registration did indeed open on 1 May

cdnmatt
May 5th, 2021, 07:54
Thailand lures the rich as tourism revival

https://asiatimes.com/2021/05/thailand-lures-the-rich-as-tourism-revival-hope-fades/

Among other annoying requirements, Thailand’s Immigration Department demands all foreigners on retirement visas or work visas to report to authorities every 90 days. Chayotid hopes to do away with such “incumbrances,” he said.

StevieWonders
May 5th, 2021, 08:18

https://asiatimes.com/2021/05/thailand-lures-the-rich-as-tourism-revival-hope-fades/
Little more than speculation. There have been stories like this every few weeks. The only concrete action was the government increasing the price of the 5-year Thailand Elite Card from 500K to 800K a few months ago because it was becoming too popular. Go figure.

Dodger
May 5th, 2021, 12:54

If Thailand wants to lure the rich, it should get those 300.000 sex workers that are sitting on a cold rock right now, back to work. That's what rich people travel around the planet for. You can get spicy food and beaches anywhere.

cdnmatt
May 5th, 2021, 13:11
If Thailand wants to lure the rich, it should get those 300.000 sex workers that are sitting on a cold rock right now, back to work. That's what rich people travel around the planet for. You can get spicy food and beaches anywhere.

Yeah, I never really understood that about TAT's approach. Let's clamp down on these filthy sex tourists, so we can earn more tourist money.

Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face...

Patanawet
May 5th, 2021, 13:51
Well, if the TAT says so, it must be true:D.
TAT is about as reliable as a source of news as the UK's Mail or Express (make it up as they go along).

StevieWonders
May 5th, 2021, 14:42
Well, if the TAT says so, it must be true:D.
TAT is about as reliable as a source of news as the UK's Mail or Express (make it up as they go along).I’ve long regarded the Daily Mail as a rich vein of gossip about a certain topic, complete with pictures. There’s a reason the Daily Mail site is blocked in Thailand - but that’s what a VPN is for.

Dodger
May 5th, 2021, 16:23
It looks like they're transitioning from "Mass Vaccination Program to begin 1 May" - to - "Graduale Intermittent Vaccination Program to begin at Some Point".

If you think it's fucked up now - just wait.

StevieWonders
May 5th, 2021, 16:26
It looks like they're transitioning from "Mass Vaccination Program to begin 1 May" - to - "Graduale Intermittent Vaccination Program to begin at Some Point".

If you think it's fucked up now - just wait.I see that, like goji, Dodgems can’t comprehend that a “program” doesn’t consist solely of injections. First comes the registrations, as the original story said. Perhaps he’s waiting for the ISO9000 compliant procedure to be documented.

Patanawet
May 5th, 2021, 17:43
the Daily Mail site is blocked in Thailand - but that’s what a VPN is for.

Woops, opened this message in error but it's interesting to see that the source is still purveying duff gen..
The Mail has not been blocked for one or more years in Thailand.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/index.html

Back to being more careful not to open 'ignored' posters So I'll miss the poster trying to get the final word. He's welcome.

Jellybean
May 5th, 2021, 23:34
A copy of post #45, together with several other posts, have been moved to the Everything Else forum under the title, To ignore, or not to ignore, that is the question:

To contribute to the new topic, please click on the following link:
https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showthread.php?22083-To-ignore-or-not-to-ignore-that-is-the-question

Ruthrieston
May 6th, 2021, 09:38
Vaccination for everyone, especially those elderly with underlying conditions - unless of course they are "aliens" then they will have to wait. Xenophobia, racism, what would you call it?

cdnmatt
May 6th, 2021, 09:44
Xenophobia, racism, what would you call it?

Taking care of the hand that feeds you? Government officials don't get elected by expats.

StevieWonders
May 6th, 2021, 09:52
Taking care of the hand that feeds you? Government officials don't get elected by expats.Exactly so, just as the Sandbox Model of phased opening is as much about reassuring the Thai population that there’s a safe way of doing things as it is about restarting tourism for foreigners.

Dodger
May 6th, 2021, 09:59
Government officials don't get elected by expats.

They didn't get elected by the citizens of Thailand either.

cdnmatt
May 6th, 2021, 10:22
Here:

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/a-shot-in-the-arm-foreign-residents-and-their-eligibility-for-a-jab/

According to that, expats are waiting until July to be able to register, and should start getting jabs in August. Unless you have a pink card, then you're already in the Thai healthcare system and can register now.

Oh, and according to that, vaccine suppliers won't sell to private hospitals, and will only sell to governments. Due to that, an arm of the Thai government will act as an agent for private hospitals and relay the orders the hopsitals place onto the vaccine suppliers. Who knows how well that will work.

cdnmatt
May 6th, 2021, 10:36
They didn't get elected by the citizens of Thailand either.

You mean they don't all love the general?

sshhh.. don't tell the general that, or he'll start extra-judicial kidnappings again while he shoves people into "happy camp" same as 2014.

StevieWonders
May 6th, 2021, 11:27
They didn't get elected by the citizens of Thailand either. Government officials are not elected in most countries - but governments are, and there was a general election (somewhat gerrymandered) in Thailand in 2019 - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_Thai_general_election

StevieWonders
May 6th, 2021, 11:33
You mean they don't all love the general?

sshhh.. don't tell the general that, or he'll start extra-judicial kidnappings again while he shoves people into "happy camp" same as 2014.Do keep up Matt - a popular social media hashtag right now is by Thais who claim to want to emigrate to escape the Generals, the …g and a various assortment of the corrupt and the incompetent. You’ll recall something similar from Democrats vowing to emigrate to Canada when Trump was elected. Indeed there were so many such claimants you must have dozens in your own family’s social circle?

StevieWonders
May 6th, 2021, 12:13
Here’s a link to a story about Thais who wish to emigrate - https://www.thaipbsworld.com/migration-push-among-young-gen-thais-ignites-fierce-debate-over-countrys-direction/

cdnmatt
May 6th, 2021, 12:14
ll recall something similar from Democrats vowing to emigrate to Canada when Trump was elected. Indeed there were so many such claimants you must have dozens in your own family’s social circle?

Nah, my family are all a bunch of prudish conservatives from the oil patch. I'm the black sheep socialist out of the bunch. :)

StevieWonders
May 6th, 2021, 12:52
Nah, my family are all a bunch of prudish conservatives from the oil patch. I'm the black sheep socialist out of the bunch. :)Isn’t that employing both racist and employment based stereotypes?

StevieWonders
May 6th, 2021, 13:32
Vaccination for everyone, especially those elderly with underlying conditions - unless of course they are "aliens" then they will have to wait. Xenophobia, racism, what would you call it?
I’d call it “TiT” or possibly “Amazing Thailand” - here’s the really really up to date, hot off the press announcement - “some day” - https://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2021/05/06/officials-say-foreigners-in-thailand-will-get-vaccine-jabs-someday/

cdnmatt
May 6th, 2021, 16:21
Moderna vaccine will be available at private hospitals for 3,000 baht

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1216172-moderna-vaccine-will-be-available-at-private-hospitals-for-3000-baht-but-youll-still-need-to-register/?utm_source=newsletter-20210506-1309&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=news

Chalerm Hanphanich explained that private hospitals will be able to offer the Moderna vaccine via an arrangement with the Government Pharmaceutical Organisation who will get it from importers who will register with the Thai Food and Drug Administration.

What the fuck? So Moderna cancelled some shipments to Canada so they can send them to Thailand, or what's going on here? Dicks, I'm glad Moderna's full vaccine formula got open sourced on Github. If anyone wants, it's here: https://github.com/NAalytics/Assemblies-of-putative-SARS-CoV2-spike-encoding-mRNA-sequences-for-vaccines-BNT-162b2-and-mRNA-1273/blob/main/Assemblies%20of%20putative%20SARS-CoV2-spike-encoding%20mRNA%20sequences%20for%20vaccines%20BNT-162b2%20and%20mRNA-1273.docx.pdf

Next time you hear someone saying they're not sure about getting the vaccine because they're just not sure what's in it, send them that link. That's what's in it.

StevieWonders
May 7th, 2021, 08:19

Here’s a graphical representation of vaccinations to date, remembering (unless you’re goji or Dodgems and incapable of reading past the headlines) that actual vaccinations aren’t due to start until mid-May with the local AstraZeneca facility (major shareholder A Certain Person) not due to start shipments until June. I think another delivery of the Chinese junk was “celebrated” yesterday.

StevieWonders
May 8th, 2021, 06:48
The Bangkok Post has produced an infographic setting out the timeline for Thailand’s acquisition of various vaccines:

StevieWonders
May 8th, 2021, 15:12
And Prayut has announced the purchase of 50m more doses - https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thailand-orders-an-additional-50-million-doses-of-covid-19-vaccines/

Blueskytoday
May 8th, 2021, 20:43
As I thought..forget this year visiting TH..

goji
May 8th, 2021, 21:40
As I thought..forget this year visiting TH..

For anyone who likes a winter holiday, the best time to make that decision will be in November or December.

My best guess is that Thailand will have the current outbreak under control long before then and will have procured enough vaccines to have given the high risk people at least one dose.

I also guess UK restrictions will be relaxed & if not, I'll check all the loopholes.

Dodger
May 9th, 2021, 15:07
[QUOTE

My best guess is that Thailand will have the current outbreak under control long before then and will have procured enough vaccines to have given the high risk people at least one dose.[/QUOTE]

Believe me, I wish I could share your optimism.

Unless there's a major shift in the winds over here, I'm afraid 2021 could be a wash.

It's like watching a boxing match and predicting the fighter you want to win will do so in just a few more rounds - when he's been getting knocked on his ass every round since the fight started.

dab69
May 9th, 2021, 16:27
Pattaya to get 80,000 Covid-19 vaccine doses this month

https://www.pattayamail.com/news/pattaya-to-get-80000-covid-19-vaccine-doses-this-month-354741

Manforallseasons
May 9th, 2021, 17:04

https://www.pattayamail.com/news/pattaya-to-get-80000-covid-19-vaccine-doses-this-month-354741

Hardly a drop in the bucket when the population is 70 million. I went for a routine appointment at the hospital this week my Thai doctor said all the staff was vaccinated with the Chinese vaccine which he didn’t think very much of and said other vaccines wouldn’t be available to the general public in meaningful amounts till possibly July.

StevieWonders
May 10th, 2021, 07:16
Samples from test batches of the Covid-19 vaccine made by Siam Bioscience have passed quality testing at AstraZeneca's designated laboratories in Europe and the United States, the company announced yesterday.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2112891/labs-give-green-light-to-vaccine

Sen Yai
May 10th, 2021, 07:48
https://www.pattayamail.com/news/pat...s-month-354741
Hardly a drop in the bucket when the population is 70 million.
The population of Pattaya is just over 100,000 so 80,000 shots should be make quite a big splash.

Dodger
May 10th, 2021, 08:10
The population of Pattaya is just over 100,000 so 80,000 shots should be make quite a big splash.

If they inoculate people with that Chinese crap (sinovac/sinopharm, or whatever) it will make a big splash for sure. I just wouldn't want to be standing too close to the puddle when it happens.

Blueskytoday
May 10th, 2021, 08:12
Well I got the Moderna,,both of them....quite happy with it...little side effects...just staying home waiting for other Asian countries to be safe....I WOULD not take any vaccine shots MADE IN CHINA...sorry NOT ME....

arsenal
May 10th, 2021, 08:23
"The population of Pattaya is just over 100,000"

That's just the official registered population. It doesn't take into account the tens of 1000s of happiness therapists, hotel workers, hawkers and squawkers and the genteel visitors who come to take the purifying waters, seek platitude of spirit in the wats and stroll along the promenade listening to the evening song of the birds.

Sen Yai
May 10th, 2021, 12:52
The population of Pattaya is just over 100,000

That's just the official registered population. It doesn't take into account the tens of 1000s of happiness therapists, hotel workers, hawkers and squawkers and the genteel visitors who come to take the purifying waters, seek platitude of spirit in the wats and stroll along the promenade listening to the evening song of the birds.

The vast majority of whom, as evidenced by the closed bars and massage parlours, roller-shuttered shop-fronts and deserted streets with tumble-weed blowin' though, are conspicuous by their absence, having gotten the hell out of Dodge some months ago.

StevieWonders
May 10th, 2021, 14:26

Total vaccinations (Thailand) - I know the graphic's mostly in Thai but in English it says:
First dose - Sinovac 1,181,967 & AstraZeneca 114,473
Second dose - Sinovac 459,993 & AstraZeneca 17,461

StevieWonders
May 12th, 2021, 07:53
Here’s something else for the Forum naysayers to scorn and deride - the government’s target to have 5 million Bangkok residents vaccinated by the end of July -

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2114003

StevieWonders
May 24th, 2021, 10:53
One of the issues many governments have faced in rolling out new Apps to provide COVID-related services has been capacity as well as programming. The most infamous example is the contact tracing programme in the UK that relied on a superseded Excel file format. Thailand has not escaped these problems as this story shows:

https://www.bangkokpost.com/opinion/opinion/2120375

StevieWonders
May 24th, 2021, 11:17
Here’s the latest target for mass vaccinations -

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40001205

StevieWonders
May 28th, 2021, 06:23
For those who think Thailand is alone in its rollout “incompetence” I can do no better than refer them to this great story about Australian incompetence from their equivalent of the BBC -

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-05-28/untangling-australia-s-covid-vaccine-rollout-timetable/100156720

StevieWonders
June 1st, 2021, 14:45
The Thai government has announced the approval for distribution of the first 14 batches of locally produced AstraZeneca vaccine - right on schedule. There have been other stories in the press where the government has refuted rumours of shortages reported from hearsay comments from a sole country doctor on Facebook. I note that the usual Thailand haters here who highlighted the original story have failed with any follow-up that sets out an alternative narrative.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thai-medical-sciences-department-approves-first-14-batches-of-locally-produced-astrazeneca-vaccine/