PDA

View Full Version : Why this russian troll is allowed here?

Philex
April 14th, 2021, 01:53
Why this russian troll is allowed here?

Jellybean
April 14th, 2021, 02:20

Blimey Philex, your post genuinely made me laugh out loud. If you check out his avatar and the following screenshot you will note that the “russsian troll” you refer to is the owner of the forum. :)

latintopxxx
April 14th, 2021, 02:28
philex...your comment is offensive...just because moses doesnt adhere to your snowflake narrative doesnt automagtically make him wrong...

Zebedee
April 14th, 2021, 09:26

Actually Philex, Moses is a good counter to the one eyed "West is Best" gang .

Moses
April 14th, 2021, 12:12

Oh, darling, are you racist?

Nirish guy
April 14th, 2021, 15:32

So Jellybean - perhaps you can confirm - so are you banning Moses ( the apprent troll !) then or NOT !????? I mean rules are rules surely - No !??? Perhaps if we pressed the Red Triangle ??? :)

* Moses - for clarity - this is a JOKE !!!!!!!!!!! :)))) I mean sure you may well be a KGB double ( triple ?) agent but sure we love you anyway ! lol

a447
April 14th, 2021, 16:41
I wouldn't worry too much about philex.

I reckon he's just someone playing silly games.

Brad the Impala
April 14th, 2021, 20:20

Given you are writing as a moderator, your comments have additional weight. Do you have any reason for your supposition?

Looking at the members posts it seems to me quite likely that he is as he says, which is a man from Finland. (remember the history between Russian and Finland?)

Do we really have to go through all this speculation about poster origins every time someone posts a comment that is discordant to our sensibilities?

a447
April 14th, 2021, 21:56
Do you have any reason for your supposition?

Yes. I suppose he must suffer from "male blindness". He must also have a very bad memory, seeing that he has been a member since October 2019, if he has forgotten already who Moses is.

Or he's just playing games, as I said.

Do we really have to go through all this speculation about poster origins

Who mentioned his origins?

Brad the Impala
April 14th, 2021, 23:01

I read that "someone" playing silly games as inferring he wasn't who he said he was. Otherwise you would more normally write "he's just playing silly games", I would have thought. I may be wrong, but that's how I read it, which is why I bothered to look at the previous posts.

cdnmatt
April 15th, 2021, 02:02
Yes. I suppose he must suffer from "male blindness".

Oh, for fuck sakes.

Do I really give off the impression I'm someone who would secretly register an account back in Oct 2019, then wait like 18 months, just so I can pop out and call Moses a troll with a one-line post? Then what, sit here by myself and giggle and laugh? Do you not think I have better things to do with my time?

Besides, I call Moses worse than that with my SGT account all the time, so why would I need a troll account?

wingnut
April 15th, 2021, 05:12
Oh, for fuck sakes.

Do I really give off the impression I'm someone who would secretly register an account back in Oct 2019, then wait like 18 months, just so I can pop out and call Moses a troll with a one-line post? Then what, sit here by myself and giggle and laugh? Do you not think I have better things to do with my time.Something spies do - activate "sleepers".

cdnmatt
April 15th, 2021, 06:52
Something spies do - activate "sleepers".

Yes, me and all my sleeper SGT accounts. I'm just waiting for word from the Democrats in the secret kabul which they'll give once they're done drinking the murdered baby blood, and I'll activate the sleeper bots.

You got me!

dinagam
April 15th, 2021, 08:48
I read that "someone" playing silly games as inferring he wasn't who he said he was.

It is probably just another reincarnation of frequent...

a447
April 15th, 2021, 09:15
Oh, for fuck sakes.

"Male blindness" (note the quotation marks) is an expression used by women here to point out that men only see what they want to see and ignore the obvious, unlike women who are more perceptive.

I was referring to the fact that he didn't see that Moses was the administrator. It's written under his name, above his avatar.

Oh, for fuck sakes, indeed!

StevieWonders
April 15th, 2021, 09:20
Oh, for fuck sakes, indeed!Come, come a447, it was only last week you were parading your lower middle class credentials by insisting that the upper classes should use “please” when addressing the servants. Surely an LMC Moderator such as yourself should exercise more decorum towards mere posters.

wingnut
April 17th, 2021, 05:22
Blimey Philex, your post genuinely made me laugh out loud. If you check out his avatar and the following screenshot you will note that the “russsian troll” you refer to is the owner of the forum. :)Is that why I can't block him and no longer see his posts?

Jellybean
April 17th, 2021, 06:32
Blimey Philex, your post genuinely made me laugh out loud. If you check out his avatar and the following screenshot you will note that the “russsian troll” you refer to is the owner of the forum. :)

Is that why I can't block him and no longer see his posts?

Probably. But to circumvent the long established practice that members cannot block the administrator, you can apply for most favoured member status. But be aware, this is unusually granted only to members of at least five years standing. In the meantime, hang in there wingnut. ;)

StevieWonders
April 17th, 2021, 08:16
Probably. But to circumvent the long established practice that members cannot block the administrator, you can apply for most favoured member status. But be aware, this is unusually granted only to members of at least five years standing. In the meantime, hang in there wingnut. ;)When Neal (Of Blessed Memory) owned SGT he maintained two accounts, one as Administrator that we could not block, and one as ordinary member where he posted his views and everyone was free to block. I well recall the vitriol Neal would pour on Smiles when Smiles had the temerity to disagree with Neal’s policies and practices as owner.

a447
April 17th, 2021, 10:48
Is that why I can't block him and no longer see his posts?

For the life of me wingnut, I can't understand why you would want to block Moses, even if you could.

I mean, it isn't like you've ever engaged with him on the board or commented on any of his posts you disagreed with.

If you don't want to read his posts, just skip over them. I know it's not the same as putting someone on "ignore" as you can still see the post.

But it is the obvious solution to your "problem."

wingnut
April 17th, 2021, 14:36
For the life of me wingnut, I can't understand why you would want to block Moses, even if you could.

I mean, it isn't like you've ever engaged with him on the board or commented on any of his posts you disagreed with.

If you don't want to read his posts, just skip over them. I know it's not the same as putting someone on "ignore" as you can still see the post.

But it is the obvious solution to your "problem."Moderators can bully ordinary posters now???

gerefan2
April 17th, 2021, 22:59
Moderators can bully ordinary posters now???

As a new member, of only 3 months standing, you want to block not only an administrator, but the actual owner of the board?

Have you considered trying another Thai Gay Board?

goji
April 18th, 2021, 00:20
As a new member, of only 3 months standing Disregarding the other 5~6 handles.

Have you considered trying another Thai Gay Board?

Actually, better still, the member concerned could start his own blog and turn off the comments.

Then there will be no bullying at all.
He could even post a link to it here.
Thanks to the ignore feature, many members wouldn't see such link, unless quoted by someone else, as above. So even less chance of bullying.

wingnut
April 18th, 2021, 13:13
Actually, better still, the member concerned could start his own blog and turn off the comments. Odd you should say that. I discovered this Forum through a blog maintained by another member. I wrote about it in that other thread. It's a small world.

arsenal
April 19th, 2021, 18:57
"Moderators can bully ordinary posters now???"

Bully! My dear wingies it is the 'ordinary' posters who try to bully the mods. Fortunately our mods are made of stern and honourable stuff and cannot be influenced by nefarious wolves dressed in multi sheep's clothing. Isn't that so mrgiggles/SW/freaky/argosy?