PDA

View Full Version : Updated requirements for entry to Thailand

StevieWonders
April 2nd, 2021, 11:31
A summary of the latest requirements for visitors to Thailand from 1 April:

All travellers — Thais and non-Thais — are not required to have fit-to-fly documents issued by Thai consulates
Foreigners, still have to show a negative COVID-19 test result.
People who are certified to have been vaccinated will be allowed to spend seven days in special quarantine hotels, compared to the previous 14 days. Acceptable certificates are those approved by Thai FDA and/or the World Health Organization
Unvaccinated people have to spend 10 days in quarantine unless they arrive from one of 11 countries — all in sub-Saharan Africa — in which case they have to do the full two weeks.

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2021/04/02/thailand-reduces-quarantine-paperwork-for-vaccinated/

NB: Nothing there about the 100k travel insurance for tourists but I’d assume it’s still a requirement

cdnmatt
April 2nd, 2021, 11:43
It's all happening. Prime the hookers, the world is opening for business, baby!

StevieWonders
April 2nd, 2021, 11:49
It's all happening. Prime the hookers, the world is opening for business, baby!Unless they’re teenage hookers - https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showthread.php?21992-Ron-hiding-in-plain-sight

cdnmatt
April 2nd, 2021, 11:57
Unless they’re teenage hookers

Yeah, don't fuck kids, but I kind of thought that went without saying.

StevieWonders
April 2nd, 2021, 12:05
Yeah, don't fuck kids, but I kind of thought that went without saying.Well yes, but the bars of Thailand are no strangers to 18yo (ie.teenage) hookers, no?

cdnmatt
April 2nd, 2021, 12:14
Well yes, but the bars of Thailand are no strangers to 18yo (ie.teenage) hookers, no?

Since when is 18 year old a kid?

StevieWonders
April 2nd, 2021, 12:21
Since when is 18 year old a kid?If you bothered to read the link it referred to (shock, horror) “teenage prostitutes in Asia”.

However it’s a busy day today - and a bit of a conundrum. Stations of the Cross or a lesbian birthday party? Decisions, decisions. I may just have to try squeezing both in.

StevieWonders
April 2nd, 2021, 13:27
The Los Angeles Consulate page has a useful table which mentions the USD 100k insurance as still required. Although the local “fit-to-fly” certificate from the local consulate is not required the Certificate of Entry from Thai Foreign Affairs (online application only) IS required.

The vaccination certificate must be for one of the vaccines approved in Thailand and the certificate must show the name of the vaccine. As far as I know Sputnik V isn’t approved in Thailand

cdnmatt
April 2nd, 2021, 13:50
https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1212256-thai-govt-confirms-list-of-approved-vaccines-for-foreigners-to-enter-thailand-with-reduced-quarantine/?utm_source=newsletter-20210402-0601&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=news

If that article is legit, Thailand isn't allowing anyone from countries where the variant strains are, and the following vaccines are approved:

RS-CoV-2 Vaccine (CoronaVac) by Sinovac (2 doses needed);
AZD1222 by AstraZeneca/Oxford (2 doses needed);
AZD1222 by SK BIOSCIENCE – AstraZeneca/Oxford (2 doses needed)
BNT162b2/CORMIRNATY – Tozinameran (INN) by Pfizer/BioNTech (2 doses needed)
Covishield (ChAdOx1_nCoV19) by the Serum Institute of India (2 doses needed)
Ad26.COV2.S by the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson (1 dose needed)
mRNA-1273 by Moderna (2 doses needed).

Dodger
April 2nd, 2021, 13:55
I wonder what happened to Russia's "Sputnic"?

cdnmatt
April 2nd, 2021, 14:06

Found this:

https://tass.com/science/1234259

"If a person has antibodies to viral vectors, the vaccine does not work," the expert explained. "In Thailand, 60% of the population has an innate immunity to Ad5, which means that when the vaccine enters the human body, it will be neutralized by the existing immunity. We have no data on Ad26, so we are only considering using Sputnik V. "

Moses
April 2nd, 2021, 16:26

The same as with Moderna - Moderna and Sputnik aren't approved by WHO yet, but looks like Moderna has some links in Thai govt and Gamaleya hasn't.

https://extranet.who.int/pqweb/sites/default/files/documents/Status_COVID_VAX_01April2021.pdf

Moses
April 2nd, 2021, 16:46
By the way, for to avoid quarantine tourist has to be not only vaccinated but also to arrive by direct flight from his country. Summer is low season, I doubt there will be a lot of direct flights to Phuket at summer. Thai Airways plans to start from 2 flights from Frankfurt per week.

StevieWonders
April 2nd, 2021, 17:18
By the way, for to avoid quarantine tourist has to be not only vaccinated but also to arrive by direct flight from his country.Do you have a link for this? I’ve emphasised the point. It excludes anyone from North America, for example, as well as passengers from the UK that “hub” through a European airport such as Helsinki and Zurich or a Middle Eastern hub such as Dubai.

Moses
April 2nd, 2021, 22:06
Do you have a link for this? I’ve emphasised the point. It excludes anyone from North America, for example, as well as passengers from the UK that “hub” through a European airport such as Helsinki and Zurich or a Middle Eastern hub such as Dubai.

I have in Russian, but quick search in Google brings https://asia.nikkei.com/Spotlight/Coronavirus/Thailand-to-open-Phuket-for-vaccinated-tourists-without-quarantine

Starting in July, tourists will have to fly directly to the southern island in the Andaman Sea to enjoy quarantine-free stays.

StevieWonders
April 2nd, 2021, 22:17
I have in Russian, but quick search in Google brings https://asia.nikkei.com/Spotlight/Coronavirus/Thailand-to-open-Phuket-for-vaccinated-tourists-without-quarantineAll that is saying is that the flight must be directly into Phuket. That is, passengers cannot fly into an intermediate Thai airport such as BKK or DMK and then travel on a domestic flight to Phuket. It doesn’t mean that before arriving in Phuket the flight must be non-stop from the port of origin - which is what your original post says. The arrangements for Samui that I have read say the same thing - Bangkok Airways will schedule additional flights from places such as Singapore direct into Samui.

Dodger
April 3rd, 2021, 09:16
You'd be better off just rowing a canoe to Phuket - because by the time it actually opens you'd have plenty of time to get there.

The Scientist's don't even know if "Vaccinated People" can still spread the virus or not.

Too many unknowns - which isn't surprising at all considering that it will take all of 2021 to complete the vaccine validation testing to see if the damn stuff even works. This doesn't even take into account the variants which may have to be dealt with.

The odds of Phuket opening in the next few months with no quarantine, regardless of what all these loosely-written newspaper articles are telling you, is next to impossible.

StevieWonders
April 3rd, 2021, 09:30
You'd be better off just rowing a canoe to Phuket - because by the time it actually opens you'd have plenty of time to get there.

The Scientist's don't even know if "Vaccinated People" can still spread the virus or not.

Too many unknowns - which isn't surprising at all considering that it will take all of 2021 to complete the vaccine validation testing to see if the damn stuff even works. This doesn't even take into account the variants which may have to be dealt with.Once again Dodgems is behind the times. The US CDC announced last week that all the evidence to date suggests vaccinated individuals do not catch and spread COVID-19, the Western vaccines are effective against the known variants, and it’s safe for fully vaccinated individuals to travel internationally without any need for further testing or quarantine. I blame the water at Pattaya.

https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2021/p0402-travel-guidance-vaccinated-people.html

a447
April 3rd, 2021, 11:12
Dodger wrote:

Too many unknowns

The US CDC article refers to :

the latest evidence

the potential introduction and spread of new SARS-CoV-2 variants

Preliminary evidence suggests that the currently authorized COVID-19 vaccines may provide some protection against a variety of strains, including B.1.1.7 (originally identified in the United Kingdom).

A growing body of evidence suggests

further investigation is ongoing.

(My bold)

That media release and the link provided within "suggest" that Dodger's caution is well-founded. He is not "behind the times" at all, as the CDC is plainly telling us that "the times, they are a-changin'".

And way too frequently for comfort.

StevieWonders
April 3rd, 2021, 11:20
That media release and the link provided within "suggest" that Dodger's caution is well-founded. He is not "behind the times" at all, as the CDC is plainly telling us that "the times, they are a-changin'".

And way too frequently for comfort.Oh dear. Uncertainty. The human condition in other words. I work on “the balance of probabilities” as does the CDC. That was the basis on which I posted almost 12 months ago that any poster who believed they’d be back in Thailand in the way they had been before by Xmas 2020 “has rocks in their head” and posited Songkran 2021 as a likelihood. A few months ago I revised that as too optimistic and suggested Q3, 2021 was possible, Q4 more likely. And here we are. Balance of probabilities you see.

a447
April 3rd, 2021, 12:02
If you prefer to
work on "the balance of probabilities" at a time when the evidence on which those probabilities are based appears to change on a regular basis, that's your business.

The only "probability" I see is that what we know and believe about the situation today will change tomorrow. And the day after that, too.

Dodger
April 3rd, 2021, 13:37
WHAT THE SCIENTISTS KNOW, AND DON’T KNOW TODAY

Vaccinated people could potentially still get Covid-19 and spread it to others. However, the benefits of relaxing some measures such as testing and self-quarantine requirements for travelers, post-exposure quarantine requirements and reducing social isolation may outweigh the residual risk of fully vaccinated people becoming ill with the virus or transmitting the virus to others. This is presumably what the Thai government is considering when drafting its plan to reopen Phuket.

As far as people who are vaccinated still being able to spread the virus: It’s possible that some people who are fully vaccinated could get Covid-19. The evidence isn’t clear whether they can spread the virus to others. Scientists have made it clear that current research is far from sufficient to claim that vaccinated people cannot spread the virus.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/01/health/coronavirus-vaccine-walensky.html

StevieWonders
April 3rd, 2021, 13:44
WHAT THE SCIENTISTS KNOW, AND DON’T KNOW TODAY

Vaccinated people could potentially still get Covid-19 and spread it to others. However, the benefits of relaxing some measures such as testing and self-quarantine requirements for travelers, post-exposure quarantine requirements and reducing social isolation may outweigh the residual risk of fully vaccinated people becoming ill with the virus or transmitting the virus to others. This is presumably what the Thai government is considering when drafting its plan to reopen Phuket.

As far as people who are vaccinated still being able to spread the virus: It’s possible that some people who are fully vaccinated could get Covid-19. The evidence isn’t clear whether they can spread the virus to others. Scientists have made it clear that current research is far from sufficient to claim that vaccinated people cannot spread the virus.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/01/health/coronavirus-vaccine-walensky.htmlCheck the dates, Dodgems. The NYT article is dated April 1 which means it was written during the last week of March. The CDC press release is dated April 2 and is the most up to date advice.

You and a447 need to brush up on Bayes Theorem.

Dodger
April 3rd, 2021, 14:06
The NYT article is dated April 1 which means it was written during the last week of March. The CDC press release is dated April 2 and is the most up to date advice.

You really are the Wizard!

StevieWonders
April 3rd, 2021, 14:11
You really are the Wizard!I didn’t realise there was any doubt - except amongst the Conspiracy Theorists. Do you know that between 4 of them in March they made in excess of 250 posts in total, of which almost 20% were devoted to their favourite fantasy? The love that dare not speak its name!

a447
April 3rd, 2021, 15:21
Do you know that between 4 of them in March they made in excess of 250 posts in total, of which almost 20% were devoted to their favourite fantasy?

Can you give us the average word count of each post, too?

Lol

Brad the Impala
April 3rd, 2021, 15:35
I didn’t realise there was any doubt - except amongst the Conspiracy Theorists. Do you know that between 4 of them in March they made in excess of 250 posts in total, of which almost 20% were devoted to their favourite fantasy?

Bukkake?

Dodger
April 3rd, 2021, 15:40
Check the dates, Dodgems. The NYT article is dated April 1 which means it was written during the last week of March. The CDC press release is dated April 2 and is the most up to date advice.

This one's dated April 2nd: https://www.yahoo.com/news/vaccinated-people-spread-virus-dont-121235173.html

Maybe you're going to sit up all night monitoring the news, in the event a more recent announcement is made which could save you from losing face again!

If you don't know what you're talking about, just take the cotton out of your ears - and stick it in your mouth.

Have you had enough "Negative Attention" today to treat your symptoms?

gerefan2
April 3rd, 2021, 15:45
A few months ago I revised that as too optimistic and suggested Q3, 2021 was possible, Q4 more likely. And here we are. .

Not yet we aren’t ....plenty can happen before Q3 or Q4

dab69
April 3rd, 2021, 16:01
https://www.minnpost.com/glean/2021/03/minnesota-identifies-89-cases-of-covid-19-among-people-whove-been-fully-vaccinated/

Minnesota identifies 89 cases of COVID-19 among people who’ve been fully vaccinated

StevieWonders
April 3rd, 2021, 16:14
https://www.minnpost.com/glean/2021/03/minnesota-identifies-89-cases-of-covid-19-among-people-whove-been-fully-vaccinated/

Minnesota identifies 89 cases of COVID-19 among people who’ve been fully vaccinatedYes, that’s exactly what happens when vaccines are less than 100% effective. None of the current vaccines are 100% effective, a fact that has been known for at least six months.

StevieWonders
April 3rd, 2021, 16:16
Not yet we aren’t ....plenty can happen before Q3 or Q4Nuclear war is always a possibility I guess, but I wrote about probabilities not certainties. We do have a poster here who claims to teach English, perhaps you can seek advice from him on the difference.

Dodger
April 3rd, 2021, 16:17
Do you know that between 4 of them in March they made in excess of 250 posts in total, of which almost 20% were devoted to their favourite fantasy?

Actually, I think you meant to say "5 of them" i.e., Stevieclueless, wingnut, mr. giggles, frequent, argosy.

I don't mean to freak you out or anything Stevie, but there's actually 5 of you.

gerefan2
April 3rd, 2021, 16:18
. We do have a poster here who claims to teach English, perhaps you can seek advice from him on the difference.
Err...didn’t you??

StevieWonders
April 3rd, 2021, 16:20
Actually, I think you meant to say "5 of them" i.e., Stevieclueless, wingnut, mr. giggles, frequent, argosy. I was referring to arsenal, goji, NIrish and ... oh yes, you. You by the way were the largest contributor by far. Funny that.

StevieWonders
April 3rd, 2021, 16:21
Err...didn’t you??His claims to understand English are unreliable.

Dodger
April 3rd, 2021, 16:23
I was referring to arsenal, goji, NIrish and ... oh yes, you. You by the way were the largest contributor by far. Funny that.

Quit picking on us. Five against one isn't fair.

gerefan2
April 3rd, 2021, 16:27
His claims to understand English are unreliable.
You lost me there ....I thought you were an English teacher (of sorts).

goji
April 3rd, 2021, 16:33
The odds of Phuket opening in the next few months with no quarantine, regardless of what all these loosely-written newspaper articles are telling you, is next to impossible.
I might be wrong, but I think you're a little pessimistic here.

I remember reading similar posts last year saying Thailand wouldn't let in UK & US people. The following month, I was in Thailand.
Whilst the Phuket plan is by no means certain, I think there's a reasonable chance of it happening.
Obviously it would be sensible to check the state of play in early June before making any bookings.

StevieWonders
April 3rd, 2021, 17:22
Quit picking on us. Five against one isn't fair.You’re 85 and you still haven’t realised that life is unfair?

StevieWonders
April 3rd, 2021, 17:23
You lost me there ....I thought you were an English teacher (of sorts).Did I mention that when we met in Bangkok in December?

Dodger
April 3rd, 2021, 19:49
You’re 85 and you still haven’t realised that life is unfair?

hahahaha...my father is 86.

You just can't seem to put the pieces together.

Mancs
April 4th, 2021, 03:17
Yes, that’s exactly what happens when vaccines are less than 100% effective. None of the current vaccines are 100% effective, a fact that has been known for at least six months.

According to the Star Tribune story that amounts to '1 such instance for every 9,000 people fully vaccinated'.
I'll take those odds.

StevieWonders
April 4th, 2021, 12:33
What the updated travel advice from the CDC means (not a rehash of the outdated NYT story) -
https://www.theatlantic.com/newsletters/archive/2021/04/travel-covid-vaccine-cdc-guidance/618502/

christianpfc
April 4th, 2021, 22:49
...fit-to-fly documents issued by Thai consulates...
Surely not Thai consulates/embassies, but medical doctors issue fit-to-fly certificates?

Everywhere I read, it's "at least 7/10 days". Does that mean someone then decides this is / is not enough and can subject you to more days of quarantine? The first reports of people actually getting out after 7 days (in real 9d/8n) or 10 days (in real 12d/11n) should come in soon.

goji
April 4th, 2021, 23:48
Surely not Thai consulates/embassies, but medical doctors issue fit-to-fly certificates?
That's my experience, although I was only seen by a nurse in my case.

The requirement to have a covid-19 test AND a "fit to fly certificate" was always complete nonsense, as the covid test covers the covid risk and every other aspect of fitness to fly is no different to normal, when this piece of paper is not needed.
If I recall correctly, my covid test provider had no extra charge for also issuing a "fit to fly" certificate. Deleting this is an obvious evolution of the process.

StevieWonders
April 5th, 2021, 05:30

Everywhere I read, it's "at least 7/10 days". Does that mean someone then decides this is / is not enough and can subject you to more days of quarantine? The first reports of people actually getting out after 7 days (in real 9d/8n) or 10 days (in real 12d/11n) should come in soon.You are correct - Khaosod English was incorrect. As for 7/10 days - I think that may be a comment on the changing requirement over the next few months. Originally it was 14; travellers to some designated destinations get either 10 or 7. It’s all typically Thai I’m afraid but I don’t believe your interpretation is the correct one.

The dangers of relying on Thai media writing in English were illustrated yesterday by a Bangkok Post story about the first TG flight for some time from Frankfurt to Thailand. The original report said the flight landed in Bangkok but some passengers “flied on” to Phuket. Some hours later the online version was corrected to read that the flight first landed at Phuket, dropped off a few passengers then flew on to Bangkok. Under the “Phuket Sandbox” requirement for “direct flights” (into Phuket) I’d expect to see more of this

Blueskytoday
April 5th, 2021, 07:09
Welcome ALL rich Chinese...all come in....everyone else...screw you for the time being..

cdnmatt
April 5th, 2021, 08:07
Welcome ALL rich Chinese...all come in....everyone else...screw you for the time being..

Why so bitter? Not Thailand's fault China is closer geographically hence more direct flights, and China did a better job handling the pandemic than most Western nations.

StevieWonders
April 5th, 2021, 08:20
Everywhere I read, it's "at least 7/10 days". Does that mean someone then decides this is / is not enough and can subject you to more days of quarantine?7 days quarantine if you’re fully vaccinated, 10 days if you’re not.

StevieWonders
April 5th, 2021, 08:22
Why so bitter? Not Thailand's fault China is closer geographically hence more direct flights, and China did a better job handling the pandemic than most Western nations.Bitter is right. Bitter about people with money, bitter about Thailand’s requirement for 100k insurance, bitter about the Chinese vaccines.

Dodger
April 5th, 2021, 08:29
Everywhere I read, it's "at least 7/10 days". Does that mean someone then decides this is / is not enough and can subject you to more days of quarantine?.

No, actually this means that no decision has been made yet, and everyone's guessing.

As always, no two newspapers in Thailand say the same thing, and even the Bangkok Post contradicts itself depending on who's writing the article that day. Frankly, if it wasn't causing so many people heartache - it would be comical.

The Council hasn't even approved the Proposal yet...whatever that Proposal ends up looking like.

Best to wait until after the dust settles in July (or later)

One of the conditions they're apparently bantering around the Board Room is having conditions where the tourists who are approved entry to Phuket have to be connected to Tracking Apps to ensure they stay within "Designated Areas". I'm sure potential tourists will be jumping for joy over this one. I mentioned this to my daughter in the U.S. on the phone last week and she just laughed.

StevieWonders
April 5th, 2021, 08:42
No, actually this means that no decision has been made yet, and everyone's guessing. Official announcement per the Thai Embassy site in the USA.

https://thaiembdc.org/2021/03/26/relaxation-of-regulations-to-enter-thailand-and-procedures-of-the-quarantine-from-1-april-2021/

And follow up:
https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/tourism/vaccinated-against-covid-19-quarantine-is-cut-down-to-7-days

You’ll have to forgive Dodgems - although he does have his own teeth he is 85.

arsenal
April 5th, 2021, 09:51
"You’ll have to forgive Dodgems - although he does have his own teeth he is 85."

Well IF he's 85 and he spends his days riding his motorbike, strolling the Bang Saray beach, eating in the fine restaurants, swimming in the apartment pool snd trying new sex positions with his young Thai guy then I'd say "way to fucking go mate," As happy as that you'd like to be eh?

StevieWonders
April 5th, 2021, 10:12
"You’ll have to forgive Dodgems - although he does have his own teeth he is 85."

Well IF he's 85 and he spends his days riding his motorbike, strolling the Bang Saray beach, eating in the fine restaurants, swimming in the apartment pool snd trying new sex positions with his young Thai guy then I'd say "way to fucking go mate," As happy as that you'd like to be eh?
Right on Q

Dodger
April 5th, 2021, 10:57

Thanks for the positive comments regarding my lifestyle.

Alan, the owner of the old PattayaGay Forum told the Board once: "Trolls should simply be ignored". "They're always very insecure people who, for whatever reason, are consumed with jealousy of others, and seek revenge for their pain at each and every opportunity". Boy, did he have that right.

StevieWonders
April 5th, 2021, 11:02
Alan, the owner of the old PattayaGay Forum told the Board once: "Trolls should simply be ignored".Your success in following that advice is noted.

Kenny
April 5th, 2021, 16:52
Snow is falling in Ireland.
I want to go back to Thailand for my Summer holidays, but it's not looking easy.
As I understand it, having been vaccinated, I will have to get a PCR test, a fitness to fly certificate, buy covid insurance, spend at least seven days in a quarantine hotel at my own expense when I arrive and have my location tracked by an app on my phone.
In contrast, the EU are proposing a green travel certificate which will allow you to travel if you have been vaccinated, or have a negative PCR test or have recently recovered from Covid. It will cost nothing.
The Thai system appears to be designed to keep tourists out, rather than welcome them with smiles.
It seems that I have three choices, Thailand, with its costs and restrictions, Europe, tapping up latinos in Turin, or staying at home, subsisting on the white-assed local fare until Thailand opens up fully.
I am not sure that if I succeed in getting to Thailand, that I will like what I find there.
By all accounts Pattaya is just a shadow of the shadow of its former self it was just over a year ago.
But I am bored and well up for an adventure, it's just a question of when and where.

latintopxxx
April 5th, 2021, 17:31
kenny boy...europe is ion the throes of another complete lockdown...must be serious if even the pubs in ireland and the uk are shut...meanwhiule Thailand is prectically covid free and peiople are able to go about their lives without fearing the dreaded covid...so shut the cakehole and admit that the europeans are fuckwits who couldnt organise a fuck in a whorehouse...and even though Im not even slightly British am so glad that they have left that god awful mess of the EU behind..

Blueskytoday
April 5th, 2021, 21:17
The thailand plan is for the ones who have MONEY to be able to enter first...they in fact state that...and you can believe china did a better job in handling the pandemic,,well they caused it...and I don't believe a word they say....just me....lets move on

gerefan2
April 5th, 2021, 22:17
Oh dear! As I said to Stevie the other day anything can happen between now and July/November/ 2022 etc...looks like it may.

https://twitter.com/richardbarrow?prefetchtimestamp=1609237154059

It is pointless trying to second guess what the requirements will be in six weeks time, never mind 6 months.

cdnmatt
April 5th, 2021, 23:38
The thailand plan is for the ones who have MONEY to be able to enter first...they in fact state that...and you can believe china did a better job in handling the pandemic,,well they caused it...and I don't believe a word they say....just me....lets move on

What do you expect? Thailand doesn't have a Statue of Liberty with the engraved phrase, "give me your huddled masses yearning to be free" or whatever the saying is.

And China didn't cause the pandemic. Mother nature did. And if you're going to blame China for Kovid, does that mean we all get to get pissed off at the US due to being the world's largest polluter when climate change really starts kicking into gear over the coming 20 years? If you think these once in a thousand year weather events we've been experiencing every year for a while now are anything, just wait to see what's in store...

StevieWonders
April 6th, 2021, 05:39
It is pointless trying to second guess what the requirements will be in six weeks time, never mind 6 months.That insight must have haunted you every day as you went through the process of getting your visa and making your travel arrangements in October/November

StevieWonders
April 6th, 2021, 05:51
And China didn't cause the pandemic. Mother nature did. Two parents are usually required - “Father China fucked Mother Nature” is the generally-accepted view. Then there’s the “evidence” that the virus escaped from a laboratory in Wuhan dedicated to examining bat viruses as this story illustrates:

https://app.spectator.co.uk/2021/03/31/who-knows/content.html

Dodger
April 6th, 2021, 09:50

I agree with everything you said.

Dodger
April 6th, 2021, 10:48

It is pointless trying to second guess what the requirements will be in six weeks time, never mind 6 months.

Unless your guess is that the requirements will continue to be changed, contradicted, twisted, confused, misinterpreted, and probably won't work anyway.

The Government...The Phuket Tourist Authority...and The Health Ministry, are not in lock-step with this which is nothing new.

There is no viable Plan in place (to date) to obtain enough C-19 vaccination to mitigate the risks associated with removing quarantine restrictions anywhere, and that includes the pilot project in Phuket. The cause of the problems creating delays, and the absence of a collaborated government Plan, is possibly due to corrupt business dealings involving the Chinese (Sinovac). Wrestle with that as you may.

Regarding the "Phuket Plan", which has everyone's underwear tied in a knot, they are required to have at least 70% of the island's residents vaccinated before any quarantine restrictions can be lifted. This mandate was communicated, and subsequently agreed upon, at the very start of discussions between Phuket's Tourist Authority and the Governments Covid Council (CCSA) as reported in several new outlets including the Bangkok Post and The Nation. For clarification: Regardless of any premature changes made to Foreign Embassy Websites related to Thailand's lifting of quarantine restrictions in Phuket staring on July 1st, no tourist will be allowed to visit without undergoing quarantine until 70% of Phuket residents have been vaccinated as mandated by the CCSA.

Phuket has a population of 416,000 people, and will have to vaccinate 291,000 (70%) by mid-June at the latest in order to comply with the mandate and lift tourist quarantines. That reportedly includes expat residents on the island. Phuket has been attempting to purchase their own vaccine(s) to accomplish this, separate from any government vaccine initiatives, although the results of those effort's have not been made available to the Press to date. It doesn't take a genius to figure out the rest.

At least my daughter sitting in Chicago, who's perfectly capable of reading the newspapers for herself, can see the writing on the wall. Her exact words when we talked about this on the phone a week ago were..."the left hand doesn't know what the right one is doing, and a person would have to be insane to plan a holiday in Phuket based on this nonsense"...followed by laughter.

All said, I sincerely hope Phuket can pull this off...but agree with you, that it's pointless to second-guess at this juncture.

cdnmatt
April 6th, 2021, 10:54
You say that as if it's a Thailand specific problem.

It's pretty much every where in the world, including here in Canada. One day we're allowed to go out, next day it's three week circuit breaker. One day vaccine supply is healthy, next day we're all out. One day restaurants are open, next day they're not.

They keep changing their mins so much, bar owners in Ontario got pissed off and sent invoices to the premier for beer that is going to spoil because they said they could be open, then changed their mind and closed the bars again. This is hardly Thailand specific.

Dodger
April 6th, 2021, 12:08

I never intended to suggest anything of the sort.

Only you know how effective Canada is at communicating "International Tourist Information" to the general public. Because it's those "communications" that we're discussing in this thread. Maybe the Canadian government has been doing a great job handling this, or maybe they're as fucked up as Thailand is when it comes to this. Hell, that's your call.

StevieWonders
April 7th, 2021, 02:24

It's pretty much every where in the world, including here in Canada. One day we're allowed to go out, next day it's three week circuit breaker. One day vaccine supply is healthy, next day we're all out. One day restaurants are open, next day they're not.Putting Matt’s comments in perspective (as he seems incapable of doing so himself), Canada has averaged nearly 5200 new coronavirus cases per day over the past week. Thailand is averaging about 5% of that figure. Canada’s population is less than half Thailand’s population.

Dodger
April 7th, 2021, 15:02
Putting Matt’s comments in perspective (as he seems incapable of doing so himself), Canada has averaged nearly 5200 new coronavirus cases per day over the past week. Thailand is averaging about 5% of that figure. Canada’s population is less than half Thailand’s population.

Well, I guess that answers that.

cdnmatt
April 8th, 2021, 08:38
Well, so much for the opening up... now bracing for impact of the UK strain which has seen community transmission.

https://www.reuters.com/article/health-coronavirus-thailand/thailand-braced-for-infections-spike-after-detecting-uk-covid-19-variant-idINKBN2BU1QO

StevieWonders
April 8th, 2021, 09:04
Well, so much for the opening up... now bracing for impact of the UK strain which has seen community transmission.

https://www.reuters.com/article/health-coronavirus-thailand/thailand-braced-for-infections-spike-after-detecting-uk-covid-19-variant-idINKBN2BU1QO
So according to you there are no inferences at all that can be drawn from sporadic outbreaks of the UK variant in places like Australia and New Zealand. I’m with Chou En Lai on this. Now I’m off to bugger a boy (not s***mize out of respect to NIrish’s sensibilities).

cdnmatt
April 8th, 2021, 09:19
So according to you there are no inferences at all that can be drawn from sporadic outbreaks of the UK variant in places like Australia and New Zealand. I’m with Chou En Lai on this. Now I’m off to bugger a boy (not s***mize out of respect to NIrish’s sensibilities).

I can draw inferences on the sporadic outbreaks of the UK variant in Canada if you'd like.

Moses
April 8th, 2021, 12:51
some posts were moved here https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showthread.php?22015-The-pros-and-cons-of-using-a-VPN/

goji
April 8th, 2021, 14:41
Phuket has a population of 416,000 people, and will have to vaccinate 291,000 (70%) by mid-June at the latest in order to comply with the mandate and lift tourist quarantines. That reportedly includes expat residents on the island. Phuket has been attempting to purchase their own vaccine(s) to accomplish this, separate from any government vaccine initiatives, although the results of those effort's have not been made available to the Press to date. It doesn't take a genius to figure out the rest.

At least my daughter sitting in Chicago, who's perfectly capable of reading the newspapers for herself, can see the writing on the wall. Her exact words when we talked about this on the phone a week ago were..."the left hand doesn't know what the right one is doing, and a person would have to be insane to plan a holiday in Phuket based on this nonsense"...followed by laughter.

You're probably correct. However, with all the undignified scrambling and competition amongst nations for vaccines, anyone who has secured a supply of vaccines should probably keep quiet until the vaccines arrive.

Generally, the countries that invested in vaccine development, production and advanced orders have vaccines. Then there are countries which could have afforded to invest, but chose not to. Thailand is in the latter category.

To have vaccinated 70% the Phuket population by July probably means they need to have it done by the middle of June, so the General can approve the new rules. Given a 1 month gap between first and second doses, they need to have the first round of doses completed in about 5 weeks. Has anyone seen reports of that starting ? :)

I also agree that it's pointless trying to plan holidays well in advance.
Anyone who really wants a holiday should monitor the situation, then be prepared to book for travel within 2~3 weeks as soon as acceptable conditions arise.

StevieWonders
April 8th, 2021, 14:46
Given a 1 month gap between first and second doses, they need to have the first round of doses completed in about 5 weeks. Has anyone seen reports of that starting ?Probably best to do a modicum of research before inserting the foot - https://www.thephuketnews.com/tv/phuket-mass-vaccination-underway-as-more-covid-doses-arrive-april-6-2159-segments.php

Dodger
April 8th, 2021, 15:19

Given a 1 month gap between first and second doses, they need to have the first round of doses completed in about 5 weeks. Has anyone seen reports of that starting ?

Apparently, 100,000 doses have arrived in Phuket (see article Stevie linked above), which would represent about one third of the first dose needed for 70% of the residents. Approx 200,000 more doses are needed to complete Dose # 1 - and another 300,000 doses for Dose # 2.

The information provided by Phuket is very sketchy so these numbers may be off. But any way you carve the turkey, it's going to be an uphill battle.

cdnmatt
April 9th, 2021, 08:05
So according to you there are no inferences at all that can be drawn from sporadic outbreaks of the UK variant in places like Australia and New Zealand.

Thai Capital May Take Two Months to Contain

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-thailand-outbreak/thai-capital-may-take-over-2-months-to-contain-new-virus-outbreak-official-idUKKBN2BV1SK

You were saying?

christianpfc
April 12th, 2021, 23:21
And China didn't cause the pandemic. Mother nature did. And if you're going to blame China for Kovid, ...
Unsanitary conditions under which animals are kept and killed, and eating everything that has four legs, except chairs and tables, and everything that flies, except airplanes, has caused Covid. Similar conditions are found in equatorial Africa, which is another hotbed for epidemics.

latintopxxx
April 13th, 2021, 02:10
i guess one can give the Chinese some leeway and maybe accept that mother nature (more like evil step mother) gifted us covid....BUJT the Chinese knew it was there...knew it was highly transmisable yet took weeks to communicate this to the world...even more criminal...they isolated the region it came from...stopping all flights and other forms of transport to the rest of China...but allowed inbternational flights to carry on thus infecting the planet...they might have little dicks but they sure fucked us all... and when I say the Chinese...I mean the leadership

StevieWonders
April 21st, 2021, 14:28
The TAT website has published the current six steps for those who have been fully vaccinated to enter Thailand as tourists

https://www.tatnews.org/2021/04/entry-thailand-online-information-centre-launched-for-vaccinated-international-visitors/