PDA

View Full Version : Vaxzevria. Astrazeneca runs from bad reputation of own vaccine.

Moses
March 30th, 2021, 15:41
Astrazeneca rebrands and names own vaccine against COVID-19 Vaxzevria instead of call it by company name as it was at past months.
https://www.ema.europa.eu/en/medicines/human/EPAR/vaxzevria-previously-covid-19-vaccine-astrazeneca

Was expected what vaccine will bring more glory to company during of time of fight with COVID. Instead it vaccine involves company into row of scandals with bans and now is confirmed, what vaccine is linked to blood clots. https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-science/immune-response-may-be-linked-to-astrazeneca-vaccine-clot-issue-death-risk-rising-among-young-adults-in-brazil-idUSKBN2BL2R3

Canada postponed Oxford vaccine 12 hours ago "for 55 and under" https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/public-global-health/545439-canada-advisory-board-recommends-pause-on-astrazeneca

a447
March 30th, 2021, 17:10
from what is known at this time, there is substantial uncertainty about the benefit of providing AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine to adults under 55 years of age

Apart from Nirish and Christian, I don't think anyone else here would be to concerned about that!

It's a concern many of us would love to have! Lol

When my turn comes, whenever that may be (given the show roll-out here, who knows?) I'll gladly take it.

Nirish guy
March 30th, 2021, 17:27
Apart from Nirish and Christian, I don't think anyone else here would be to concerned about that!

Man I hope to dont live to regret not heeding this post as a) I'm 52 and b) I'm literally leaving home in 30 minutes for my first AstraZeneca shot !

So, lets hope that I dont come back with three arms, four legs and 16 blood clots but Im sure I'll be fine.

I tend to work on the basis that when look back at some of the crazy shit I ingested into my body over the years when I was young, carefree and foolish and out partying, all without as much as a moments thought as to what it was or what was in it I figure one more go at something that millions of people have already taken and they have not seemingly died from (yet) should probably be fine.....and if not, hey ho, sure you have to die of "something'.

StevieWonders
March 30th, 2021, 17:42
I can’t think of a single person who believes this nonsense. All the independent expert medical evidence is that the incidence of blood clots is no greater in the vaccinated than the unvaccinated.

arsenal
March 30th, 2021, 18:14
It's getting bogged down in this nonsense that has made the EUs already sluggish vaccine roll out fall even further behind Speedy Gonzales UK. The result of which was even more bitter rhetoric from Brussels. But I suspect the people's will not buy their feeble excuses.

a447
March 30th, 2021, 18:48
So, lets hope that I dont come back with three arms, four legs and 16 blood clots but Im sure I'll be fine.

Well, I don't want to tempt fate of anything like that (God forbid!), but if the worse comes to worst...err...

can i have the Tesla?

Just asking.

Moses
March 30th, 2021, 19:24
I can’t think of a single person who believes this nonsense. All the independent expert medical evidence is that the incidence of blood clots is no greater in the vaccinated than the unvaccinated.

It isn't true already. Confirmed: Astrazeneca in some cases induces specific reaction of immune system what produces clots. It is confirmed already in Norway and in Germany. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-9416171/AstraZenecas-vaccine-trigger-rare-immune-response-leads-clots-people.html

Moses
March 30th, 2021, 19:31
Even more:

AstraZeneca may have released outdated information on its latest COVID-19 vaccine trial, giving an “incomplete” picture

https://www.reuters.com/article/SOMNIA-idUSKBN2BF0CV

cdnmatt
March 30th, 2021, 20:01

I can think of a few, which includes the doctors at Health Canada. I think every province now has halted using the AZ vaccine. It's something new every week with AZ, so that's enough to turn me off it.

See how easy it is to be unbiased Moses?

Nirish guy
March 30th, 2021, 20:33
Update - so having just had my shot you’ll all be delighted to know we can breathe easy and my imminent death due to a few clots out of god knows how many millions of vaccinations given now has been averted.

Apparently for whatever random reason I was actually given the Pfizer vaccine today it seems - so all good and I’m still here to tell the tale :-)

The biggest annoyance was the bloody “twitching staff” - from walking in and please change your mask to one of our new ones” to “please sanitizer your hands” ( every time you move more than 10 feet !) to “please rub down your seat every time we move you along the queue” ( ie every bloody minute - I just gave up and stood) - why you’d almost think it was a bloody pandemic or something they were trying to stop with all their bloody “rules” ! :-)

On a serious note typical medical / government operation, 10 times more staff than needed there and forms and paperwork coming out their asses. Me I’d of been lining people up in rows of 30 and running along them with one big bottle of vaccine dishing it out as I went - job done !

StevieWonders
March 30th, 2021, 21:35
The usual anti-Western disinformation suspects are loving this - fear, uncertainty, doubt. I’m looking forward to my shots and so is everyone I know here.

StevieWonders
March 30th, 2021, 22:17
It isn't true already. Confirmed: Astrazeneca in some cases induces specific reaction of immune system what produces clots. It is confirmed already in Norway and in Germany. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-9416171/AstraZenecas-vaccine-trigger-rare-immune-response-leads-clots-people.htmlI’m not sure the Daily Mail is a reliable source although for well-known reasons it’s banned in Thailand. The EU Medicines Agency is good enough for me - https://www.voanews.com/covid-19-pandemic/european-medicines-agency-again-approves-astrazeneca-vaccine

As for Health Canada, aren’t they the group you’re always trolling cdnmatt about? Here’s my take on all things Canadian - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89LfQUlcNFk or, if you prefer there’s the k.d. lang interview - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nW7HLqOgM20

cdnmatt
March 30th, 2021, 22:18
The usual anti-Western disinformation suspects are loving this - fear, uncertainty, doubt. I’m looking forward to my shots and so is everyone I know here.

Yeah, those top doctors at Health Canada. Bunch of anti-Western scaremongers.

StevieWonders
March 30th, 2021, 22:20
Yeah, those top doctors at Health Canada. Bunch of anti-Western scaremongers.If they’ve convinced you Matt, that’s good enough for me (to believe they’re talking through their ... )

cdnmatt
March 30th, 2021, 22:23
Trust the top scientists at Health Canada, or some anonymous dude on SGT?

Wow, what a perplexing predicament that is. I really don't know which way I should go.

StevieWonders
March 30th, 2021, 22:36
Trust the top scientists at Health Canada, or some anonymous dude on SGT?

Wow, what a perplexing predicament that is. I really don't know which way I should go.
Have you thought of slashing your wrists? All the evidence shows that this very, very rare clotting occurs in women. This must be hugely challenging news for the so-called trans “community” who believe that gender is something each individual chooses. Perhaps there’ll be protests outside AstraZeneca facilities by drag queens demanding that they too develop blood clots.

It’s a reminder that almost no vaccine has ever been shown to be 100% safe in the history of medicine.

cdnmatt
March 30th, 2021, 23:12
Slit my wrists, plus a tirade against trans folk?

Wow, someone obviously forgot their meds today...

goji
March 31st, 2021, 00:43
Objection !
I qualify for the under 55 age bracket too, although by a narrower margin than the other two.

I was not remotely concerned about the blood clot issue when getting vaccinated (Astra Zeneca vaccine).

1 Anyone over 50 and in Europe or North America can figure out that the probability of death from covid with no vaccine is orders of magnitude higher than death from the vaccine.

2 The Daily Mail article shows the same number of blood clots from AZN and Pfizer vaccines in the UK. However, I suspect more doses of the AZN vaccine will have been dished out.

The number of covid deaths reported after vaccination for both vaccines ought to be adjusted to exclude infections before the vaccine had time to work. I heard somewhere else that the median date for onset of symptoms was 5 days, which means they were probably infected before vaccination, or at the vaccination centre. A vaccine should only be judged after it's had time to take effect.

3 British people have more confidence in the vaccines than the Russian people. This is no surprise:

British adenovirus vaccine: Subject to multiple trials in different countries. Where it is deployed, there is free and open media coverage, so if there is a problem we can assess it ourselves.

Russian adenovirus vaccine: Licensed in Russia before trials !!! Trial results from Russia published. Domestic media in Russia is controlled by Mr Putin, so if there were problems with it, who would report these ?
If that one has one blood clot in every few million doses, expect it to be covered up.

The biggest annoyance was the bloody “twitching staff” - from walking in and please change your mask to one of our new ones” to “please sanitizer your hands” ( every time you move more than 10 feet !) to “please rub down your seat every time we move you along the queue” ( ie every bloody minute - I just gave up and stood) Glad to hear it. Much better than the normal sloppy practices, leading to people catching covid from the NHS.

Moses
March 31st, 2021, 02:12
Russian adenovirus vaccine: Licensed in Russia before trials !!!
Because there were trials for this adenovirus vector few times already. This vector Russia uses in Sars and Ebola vaccines since 2012...

StevieWonders
March 31st, 2021, 05:06
Because there were trials for this adenovirus vector few times already. This vector Russia uses in Sars and Ebola vaccines since 2012...
What numbers were involved and where are the peer-reviewed, published results?

StevieWonders
March 31st, 2021, 05:08
Objection !
I qualify for the under 55 age bracket too, although by a narrower margin than the other two.

I was not remotely concerned about the blood clot issue when getting vaccinated (Astra Zeneca vaccine).

1 Anyone over 50 and in Europe or North America can figure out that the probability of death from covid with no vaccine is orders of magnitude higher than death from the vaccine.

2 The Daily Mail article shows the same number of blood clots from AZN and Pfizer vaccines in the UK. However, I suspect more doses of the AZN vaccine will have been dished out.

The number of covid deaths reported after vaccination for both vaccines ought to be adjusted to exclude infections before the vaccine had time to work. I heard somewhere else that the median date for onset of symptoms was 5 days, which means they were probably infected before vaccination, or at the vaccination centre. A vaccine should only be judged after it's had time to take effect.

3 British people have more confidence in the vaccines than the Russian people. This is no surprise:

British adenovirus vaccine: Subject to multiple trials in different countries. Where it is deployed, there is free and open media coverage, so if there is a problem we can assess it ourselves.

Russian adenovirus vaccine: Licensed in Russia before trials !!! Trial results from Russia published. Domestic media in Russia is controlled by Mr Putin, so if there were problems with it, who would report these ?
If that one has one blood clot in every few million doses, expect it to be covered up.

Glad to hear it. Much better than the normal sloppy practices, leading to people catching covid from the NHS.
You’ll be ok goji, you’re not a woman still of the age group who menstruate - the only group that may be at risk.