PDA

View Full Version : Political debate

aot871
March 28th, 2021, 03:48
MOSES, Why are u so anti anything western ?

cdnmatt
March 28th, 2021, 04:18

Ohh, he's still upset we kicked their ass during the Cold War resulting in the break up of the Societ Union, plunging their economy into the ground for decades.

Nirish guy
March 28th, 2021, 04:27
And this is Matt.......standing back and ......

lol

Moses
March 28th, 2021, 12:06

Me? Nope. I'm against double standards and propaganda.

Disorders at time of BLM - fighting for democracy, disorders in Capitol - internal terrorism.
Kneeling in BLM and at the same time "Chinese this, Chinese that"... oh, yes, I know - "I'm not raсist, I just don't like blacks"
Signing Bill about human rights "All human beings are born free and equal..." and at the same time complicated system who whom should curtsey based just on family names, half of countries in EU are kingdoms. Huh? XXI century... kingdoms... curtseys... hands kissing

Can you imagine: China adopted law "Any foreign company may be kicked from Hong Kong stock exchange by decision of Communist Party"? All Western news media will cry and moan half of the year after such law. Well at this week such law started in US "any foreign company may be delisted from NYS by decision of SEC. Seriously?

EU not allows to Chinese and Russian vaccines to be used in EU: we have enough. At the same time leaders of EU countries are ready to kill each other for vaccine - elections are coming. So we have 29 mln hidden doses in warehouse in Italy.

Canada moaning because Biden canceled pipeline and at the same time Canada crying to cancel Russian pipeline.

Even here, on forum, I read complains about Chinese vaccine "because nothing good may be Chinese" that they wrote from "made in China" laptops, tablets and phones.

Prejudice on each step.

Country that wiped 2 cities with nuclear bombs teaches Russia what to do in conflict with Ukraine. The only country in world what used nuclear bombs in war. Country what never told "sorry" for it. WTF?

G7 in complete list invading to Iraq without permission from UN. Half of million dies there. No one told "sorry".

West already destroyed Libya. Head of state killed. How many years we have disorder in Libya already? Now trying to destroy Syria and blaming Russia for intervention. Guys, Russia is only country in Syria what has been officially invited to come.

Blame Russia for Crimea and tolerated to 40 years of Cyprus crisis. Yeah, member of NATO took half of another country, so what?

"it is OK" we hear from US about Israel and Syrian Holand heights. Ally took part of another country at time of war and keep it. Even builds up there villages. "They need it". WTF?

Moses
March 28th, 2021, 12:12
Ohh, he's still upset we kicked their ass during the Cold War resulting in the break up of the Societ Union, plunging their economy into the ground for decades.

Kicked ass? Guys, you still buy our rocket engines for your "kicks"...

Matt, you trying to show your self as an erudite, write here opinions what pretended to be scientific and true... but you already one year call American manufacturer Modurna (https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showthread.php?21953-Vaccine-Rollout-in-Thailand&p=276246&viewfull=1#post276246). Should I take your posts seriously?

StevieWonders
March 28th, 2021, 12:12
... at the same time complicated system who whom should curtsey based just on family names, half of countries in EU are kingdoms. Huh? XXI century... kingdoms... curtseys... hands kissingAs this is a Board centred on Thailand, could you perhaps expand on this point in a Thai context? In the interest of “no double standards”.

Dodger
March 28th, 2021, 13:10
Can you imagine: China adopted law "Any foreign company may be kicked from Hong Kong stock exchange by decision of Communist Party"? All Western news media will cry and moan half of the year after such law. Well at this week such law started in US "any foreign company may be delisted from NYS by decision of SEC. Seriously?

The Holding Foreign Companies Accountable Act, signed into law by Putin's close ally Donald Trump in December 2020, is aimed at removing Chinese companies from U.S. exchanges if they fail to comply with American auditing standards for three years in a row

The move by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) adds to the regulatory crackdown in China on domestic technology companies, citing concerns that they have built market power that stifles competition, and have been committing wide-scale copyright infringement for decades, not only hurting U.S. businesses, but businesses all around the world.

Note: That China has been warned a thousand times over for decades to stop copyright infringement due to the damage it's doing to the Manufacturing and Retail Industries world-wide, and have chosen not to respond. So this is what happens. It's not like they haven't been warned.

I don't buy anything that's knowingly made in China for this reason. That's a personal decision.

As far as their vaccine is concerned: China spawned this virus in the first place, and now they're postured to rake in $billions$ on their vaccine, while other countries economies are still going down the tubes. What's wrong with this picture???

This new SEC Regulation is clearly discriminating against China. No doubt about that. Normally I would be opposed to something like this, but not in this case. All's fair in love & war as they say. And that's exactly where this thing could end if China's not controlled, and I'd hate to see that.

Moses
March 28th, 2021, 13:13
As this is a Board centred on Thailand, could you perhaps expand on this point in a Thai context? In the interest of “no double standards”.

No. I will not: Thailand don't distribute gossips about Russia or China, don't teaches what to do with Crimea...

Moses
March 28th, 2021, 13:15
This new SEC Regulation is clearly discriminating against China. No doubt about that. Normally I would be opposed to something like this, but not in this case. All's fair in love & war as they say. And that's exactly where this thing could end if China's not controlled, and I'd hate to see that.

Yes, yes. "I'm not racist, I just don't like blacks"...

StevieWonders
March 28th, 2021, 13:17
No. I will not: Thailand don't distribute gossips about Russia or China, don't teaches what to do with Crimea...Ah yes, the retribution model of international relations.

Dodger
March 28th, 2021, 13:18
Oh shit..

Matt you lit the fuse

......here comes giggles and wingnut.

LOL

Moses
March 28th, 2021, 13:19
signed into law by Putin's close ally Donald Trump in December 2020

Every president of US is now Putin's close ally. If I will turn on Fox - I will hear that about Biden: he signed agreement with Russia at the first week of his president work.

That I told at initial post: propaganda. Stamps and clichés. Their coward spies and our brave intelligence service.

Macron few days ago: "Russia and China make war by distributing vaccines". Orwel...

Dodger
March 28th, 2021, 13:26
Yes, yes. "I'm not racist, I just don't like blacks"...

Actually, I really like Chinese people, but detest the government.

I don't have a prejudice bone in my body.

Nothing that we're talking about has anything to do with PEOPLE. It has to do with RULERS and POWER PLAYS...so let's not confuse this.

Moses
March 28th, 2021, 13:33
Actually, I really like Chinese people, but detest the government.

I don't have a prejudice bone in my body.

Their govt moved poor country into state of richest (or second richest) country in world just in 40 years. From weak to mighty. You may not like communist ideology, but must confirm: it works - look at China.

StevieWonders
March 28th, 2021, 13:38
Their govt moved poor country into state of richest (or second richest) country in world just in 40 years. From weak to mighty. You may not like communist ideology, but must confirm: it works - look at China.Just ask the Uighurs.

Dodger
March 28th, 2021, 13:43
Their govt moved poor country into state of richest (or second richest) country in world just in 40 years. From weak to mighty. You may not like communist ideology, but must confirm: it works - look at China.

It doesn't matter if I like it or not, because I don't live there.

I was fortunate enough to be born and raised in the greatest nation on earth... AMERICA.

FREEDOM is our ideology...and that works for me. If you're a fan of Communist Dictators, the more power to you.

Moses
March 28th, 2021, 13:46
It doesn't matter if I like it or not, because I don't live there.

I was fortunate enough to be born and raised in the greatest nation on earth... AMERICA.

Nation "America" doesn't exists. And if talk about land - your ancestors killed a lot of native people before to creat country. And first people are still live in reservations. Reservations, Carl!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBIMb5ZAY3g

Will
It's not the greatest country in the world, professor, that's my answer.

[to the liberal panelist] Sharon, the NEA is a loser. Yeah, it accounts for a penny out of our paychecks, but he [gesturing to the conservative panelist] gets to hit you with it anytime he wants. It doesn't cost money, it costs votes. It costs airtime and column inches. You know why people don't like liberals? Because they lose. If liberals are so fuckin' smart, how come they lose so GODDAM ALWAYS!

And [to the conservative panelist] with a straight face, you're going to tell students that America's so starspangled awesome that we're the only ones in the world who have freedom? Canada has freedom, Japan has freedom, the UK, France, Italy, Germany, Spain, Australia, Belgium has freedom. Two hundred seven sovereign states in the world, like 180 of them have freedom.

And you—sorority girl—yeah—just in case you accidentally wander into a voting booth one day, there are some things you should know, and one of them is that there is absolutely no evidence to support the statement that we're the greatest country in the world.

We're seventh in literacy, twenty-seventh in math, twenty-second in science, forty-ninth in life expectancy, 178th in infant mortality, third in median household income, number four in labor force, and number four in exports.

We lead the world in only three categories: number of incarcerated citizens per capita, number of adults who believe angels are real, and defense spending, where we spend more than the next twenty-six countries combined, twenty-five of whom are allies.

None of this is the fault of a 20-year-old college student, but you, nonetheless, are without a doubt, a member of the WORST-period-GENERATION-period-EVER-period, so when you ask what makes us the greatest country in the world, I don't know what the fuck you're talking about?! Yosemite?!!!

StevieWonders
March 28th, 2021, 13:49
Reservations, Carl!Who is Carl? Can we all refer to Dodgems as “Carl”?

Moses
March 28th, 2021, 14:00
Who is Carl? Can we all refer to Dodgems as “Carl”?

It is meme from "Walking dead" . Google it.

StevieWonders
March 28th, 2021, 14:01
It is meme from "Walking dead" . Google it.I think I prefer my suggestion.

Moses
March 28th, 2021, 14:18
FREEDOM is our ideology...and that works for me.

yes, yes. We saw proof of that already just few weeks ago... How do you call them? "Internal terrorist"?

Dodger
March 28th, 2021, 18:58
yes, yes. We saw proof of that already just few weeks ago... How do you call them? "Internal terrorist"?

I agree with you there. If they did this in Russia they'd either be working for the Kremlin or dead.

That's one thing you can say about those Communist's. If they don't like what a person's saying, they just lock them in a dungeon or kill them. No questions asked.

That's one of the things that kinda sucks about Democracy, even total assholes have a right to free speech. Go figure!

Moses
March 28th, 2021, 19:07
I agree with you there. If they did this in Russia they'd either be working for the Kremlin or dead.

How much dead politicians in Russia you know? Nemtcov? Who else? How much dead in protests? I can tell you: for past 5 years less than in one Capitol protest... So: who says?

cdnmatt
March 28th, 2021, 19:12
Really? Putin even has a top 10 list for this type of thing:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2017/03/23/here-are-ten-critics-of-vladimir-putin-who-died-violently-or-in-suspicious-ways/

How many people do you have to kill before you get your own top 10 list?

Dodger
March 28th, 2021, 19:29
How much dead politicians in Russia you know?

Don't you think that would be a better question for Vladimir Putin, and not some gay guy from Chicago who's chatting on your forum?

To be honest, I've never had the least bit of interest in Russia. I guess the next time I plan to holiday in Siberia I'll have to brush up a bit.

Moses
March 28th, 2021, 19:40
Really? Putin even has a top 10 list for this type of thing:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2017/03/23/here-are-ten-critics-of-vladimir-putin-who-died-violently-or-in-suspicious-ways/

How many people do you have to kill before you get your own top 10 list?

Really. Only Nemtcov may be linked to Putin somehow. No proof, but at least Nemtcov is person of Putin's range. Rest from this list is bullshit. Propaganda.

Litvinenko? yes, killed... but he isn't politic - just spy as other. All spies have the same destiny... ask Mossad.
Baburova and Markelov for sure were killed by nazi here...
Magnitckiy for sure wasn't politic, he was bookkeeper, and for sure wasn't killed by order of Putin... I doubt Putin even hear Brawder's name at time of that story... nobody from nowhere for Putin... Russian president orders to kill bookkeeper from taxation dispute? How sick should be imagination of author and how naive should be reader for to trust into that bullshit?
Estmirova, Schekochikhin, Politkovskaya, Yushenkov - all 4 are journalists, were killed, non of them was big enough for to be killed by order of Putin... too small persons...

So, yes, only Nemtcov... still Ukrainian women is involved and was with him at time of killing... after that disappeared in Ukraine... but at least Nemtcov is big enough figure... formerly governor, politician... so Putin may be involved... rest of list - bullshit what been sucked from the middle finger...

Matt, why you are so naïve and trusting to propaganda?

arsenal
March 28th, 2021, 20:14
Moses You have no idea who is or is not linked to Putin. Or if you do....Oh fuck. I'm really really sorry for everything, please don't poison me.

goji
March 28th, 2021, 21:07
please don't poison me.
I think poisoning is reserved for the high profile opponents of the president.
Rather than have them quietly disappear, they arrange a high profile poisoning to set a suitable example to anyone else who is thinking of entering politics.
So you're probably safe.

Unless you start a credible Russian opposition party.

christianpfc
March 28th, 2021, 22:08
"I'm not racist, I just don't like blacks"...
I love black ... cock.

Richest or second richest country in the world, by GDP. But the GDP per capita is in the midfield.

Everything else, I largely agree with you, double standards.

Dodger
March 29th, 2021, 09:58
......So, yes, only Nemtcov... still Ukrainian women is involved and was with him at time of killing... after that disappeared in Ukraine... but at least Nemtcov is big enough figure... formerly governor, politician... so Putin may be involved

Suggesting that the President of the Russian Federation (or, Supreme Ruler, as Putin has proposed) may have been involved in Nemtcov's murder plot is quite a statement, but one we've heard repeatedly in the West.

Seeing as Navalny is Putin's most vocal critic, a lot of people in the West think it's possible that Putin was behind his murder plot as well. When Navalny survived being poisoned "unexpectedly", and was tossed in prison for 2-1/2 years under Putin's orders, it was just the icing on the cake.

According to detailed articles published in every major news outlet in the world,, millions of Russian's (if not tens of millions) also believe that Putin was behind this. Maybe they're all as biased and confused as we are in the West??? Or. maybe Putin is really a murderer and needs to be removed from office. Only the people of Russia know.

Just so you know, these are the types of things that tend to confuse people in the West.

Before suggesting that others are being naïve, you really should take a step back and look at life through a larger set of lenses. Listen to what your own Russian people are saying right now....not Putin and his oligarchs, but "The People".

Unless all the media news is skewed and "fake news" what we're seeing in the West is Russian people who take pride in their homeland, but they're tired of being controlled by a dictator. Simple as that. I'm all in favor of Russians getting what they want - and what they deserve. Then maybe, just maybe, our countries can start working together instead of against each other for the benefit of the planet...not solely for the benefit of the Ruling Class.

This emotionally-charged discussion we're having now is testament to the way our countries have devolved and become polarized.

Fortunately, I prefer living by the "Rainbow Motto":

"Learn their languages and love them all"

"We're all in this together - so let's have a ball"

"Having a cute boy from Crimea sitting on my face"

"Gives me everlasting hope in the Human Race"

cdnmatt
March 29th, 2021, 10:26
Unless all the media news is skewed and "fake news" what we're seeing in the West is Russian people who take pride in their homeland, but they're tired of being controlled by a dictator. Simple as that. I'm all in favor of Russians getting what they want - and what they deserve. Then maybe, just maybe, our countries can start working together instead of against each other for the benefit of the planet...not solely for the benefit of the Ruling Class.

I really shouldn't be posting this, because it's guaranteed to illicit a "see, see, tol you so, see, the West sucks, meh meh meh" response from Moses, but nonetheless, this is kind of pertinent:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeF2rkyxDIo

I think it's a good video at least.

Moses
March 29th, 2021, 12:19
Suggesting that the President of the Russian Federation (or, Supreme Ruler, as Putin has proposed) may have been involved in Nemtcov's murder plot is quite a statement, but one we've heard repeatedly in the West.

Seeing as Navalny is Putin's most vocal critic, a lot of people in the West think it's possible that Putin was behind his murder plot as well. When Navalny survived being poisoned "unexpectedly", and was tossed in prison for 2-1/2 years under Putin's orders, it was just the icing on the cake.

According to detailed articles published in every major news outlet in the world,, millions of Russian's (if not tens of millions) also believe that Putin was behind this. Maybe they're all as biased and confused as we are in the West??? Or. maybe Putin is really a murderer and needs to be removed from office. Only the people of Russia know.

Before suggesting that others are being naïve, you really should take a step back and look at life through a larger set of lenses. Listen to what your own Russian people are saying right now....not Putin and his oligarchs, but "The People".

1. Navalnyiy already been in jail at least 4 times. Why Putin need 5th time to kill him?
Once more time: Navalniy is nationalist and that gives him zero chance to be "leader of protests" at is written in Western medias. Nobody except marginals (read: nationalists and ultras) will follow him. Last winter protests changed numbers: now not 50% but 56% of nation don't like him and don't trust him in Russia.

2. "According to medias" twice more "millions of Russian's (if not tens of millions) also believe" what Navalniy poisoned himself

Read this https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=ru&tl=en&u=https://meduza.io/news/2020/12/24/levada-tsentr-30-rossiyan-nazvali-otravlenie-navalnogo-instsenirovkoy it is ready URL to google translation about Navalniy poisoning. Meduza.io - is most known website of opposition here. 30% of Russian think poisoning was staged by Navalniy. And only 15% of Russians think it is Putin behind scene.

3. That I say to you: listen Russians instead of reading fake propaganda. 56% of Russians don't like Navalniy, 19% like him, 12% have no opinion, 13% don't know who is Navalniy. Now you have view "at life through a larger set of lenses"

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=ru&tl=en&u=https://www.levada.ru/2021/02/05/vozvrashhenie-alekseya-navalnogo/ - latest public opinions (Feb'21)

The approval level of Alexei Navalny has remained unchanged since September 2020 (19% versus 20% in September). The level of disapproval has grown and now stands at 56% (in September - 50%).

Dodger
March 29th, 2021, 19:16
1. Navalnyiy already been in jail at least 4 times. Why Putin need 5th time to kill him?

Possible Answer: Navalny won't quit - he has tens of millions of followers - and has become Putin's number 1 nightmare.

I don't mean to suggest that the majority of Russians wanted Navolny to return to Russia, but that he has a very strong following in Russia and has become a serious threat to Putin according to what the newspapers are saying. Including Russia's Meduza which you provided a link to. ( I don't pay much attention to polling data)

As far as what we read sometimes being "propaganda", I couldn't agree with you more. How does anyone know if what they're reading is factual or not anymore. Most media sources have become so biased and untrustworthy in their reporting that a person has better odds flipping a coin...doing 3 "Hail Mary's"....and tossing a dart at a wall, to get anywhere close to understanding the chess moves that any of our countries are making. Just take a look at CNN and FOX news in the U.S. sometimes. It's a joke.

As I mentioned before, I've never had any burning desire to understand what goes on in Russia, but wish you guys the best.

Growing up in Chicago with a hockey stick in my hands, the only thing I cared about was the game of hockey. Watching Mike Eruzioni score the winning goal against the Russian Team at the 1980 Olympics' in Lake Placid was the single best moment in my life. Not because I took pleasure is seeing the Russian team lose, but because I took pleasure in seeing my team win. Both teams earned the respect of the world for their gamesmanship, and the players on both teams showed tremendous respect for each other as they left the ice that night. Hockey players don't give a flying fuck about politics, they just love the game.

Nirish guy
March 29th, 2021, 20:10
Hockey players don't give a flying fuck about politics, they just love the game.

Oh come ON......if EVER there was a case for them not giving a flying PUCK then surely this was it !! :)

Moses
March 29th, 2021, 23:53
but that he has a very strong following in Russia and has become a serious threat to Putin according to what the newspapers are saying

No. Western medias describes he "has very strong following in Russia"... by fact he has some following of ultras and nationalists...

one again:
56% "I do not trust to Navalniy"
19% "I do trust to Navalniy"
12% "I do not know to whom to trust"
13% "who is Navalniy?"

Dodger
March 30th, 2021, 09:48
No. Western medias describes he "has very strong following in Russia"... by fact he has some following of ultras and nationalists...

You're definitely in a position to know more about this than I do. So it sounds like Navalny isn't as popular as we (in the West) are being led to believe.

I would really appreciate understanding something directly from a Russians perspective if you don't mind taking the time:

Question #1: Are the majority of Russians content with the way the government is running under Putin's rule, or do they want change?

The perception in the West is that the majority of Russians want change due to poor living standards, understanding that a drop in oil prices, and sanctions imposed on it by the West are contributing factors. Is this true, or just western hype?

Question # 2: Why does Putin have so much hatred and contempt for the U.S.?

The perception in the West is that Putin is both, power-hungry, and extremely jealous of the U.S, and wants to take over as many countries as he can to build strength...so that one day he can replace the U.S. as a leading power.

Your own personal perspective on this would be greatly appreciated.

Moses
March 30th, 2021, 14:31
Question #1: Are the majority of Russians content with the way the government is running under Putin's rule, or do they want change?

The perception in the West is that the majority of Russians want change due to poor living standards, understanding that a drop in oil prices, and sanctions imposed on it by the West are contributing factors. Is this true, or just western hype?

Yes, it is. And I told it many times already.
Here are few main mistakes:

1. majority is on Putin's side - after first 6 month of his president job in 2000 when his support was below 50% yet, since that time his support in Russia never was below 50%, usually it was within 55-65%, and after Crimea he got unbelievable 86%. It is counted by independent agency Levada - the only whole Russia global agency here, also Gallup few times confirmed numbers: refrigerators at Russian homes voting for Putin.

2. It isn't "Putin's government". Since 2000 here changed 5 or 6 governments already and 5 or 6 PMs.

3. "Poor living standards" about speaking Western medias are now 5-6 times higher than at time of Putin got power. Also they aren't that poor as it usually describes in Western medias. Moscow ambulance for example rated #3 best in World, Russia has one of fastest internet network - by law every town with population above 500 ppl must has fiberoptic channel (and they really do it even in taiga and tundra). Road network is rapidly growing, high speed railroad network is growing even faster.
Any citizen may request any state service from his phone or computer at state portal of service with catalogue over 500 services 140 of them are federal and other are regional. For example how I got new travel passport: a) login, fill request and upload photo, b) receive text wit time of appointment in 5 days, c) visit immigration police and get ready passport in 5 minutes after they recorded my biometry to the chip in front of me. We don't need to visit burocrates for to get service.
Moscow medical system is example for other regions and state of art, also it is free. Here you can visit any doctor in any 700+ clinics after making appointment via application on the phone. Usually for family doctor you have to wait 1 day, for surgeon it may take 2 days. Complicated tests like MRT or CT you may wait up to 1 month - by law any medical service must be done within 30 days. Doctor what you will choose will have all your medical records at time of your visit on the screen of his computer - healthcare server will allow to read them shortly before your visit.
Within "poor standards" we here already have 3 vaccines and free vaccination without waiting.
I saw German newspaper where was article about precise timing of Russian transport in comparation with German Railway.
So... pictures what are in your mind about poor living standards are quite false.

4. Sanctions. It is pure propaganda. There are no sanctions against whole Russia, and sanctions against persons or companies doesn't touch Russians. Who cares about sanctions against chief of FSB? Or lawmaker? Only him and his family. Take any sanction, for example for Crimean bridge: 9 persons and 5 companies. And so on. All you listen about "sanctions are working" or "sanctions are serious and strict" - are propaganda for your ears. Trading turnover with any (!) of Western country and Russia is growing. Where else Boing will get titanium for his aircrafts or NASA rocket engines for Atlas rocket? How did you said? "Sanctions"? All German submarines after 2005 are equipped with Russian navigation system. Thank you GLONASS.

5. Oil. Yes. Failed prices gave some problem to Russia, esp. in 2014-2015 when Russia wasn't ready. Since that time GDP is growing. Centralized govt economic demonstrated her strong side at time of virus: GDP here failed in 2020 only 3,8%. Compare for example with German 6.5%.

Question # 2: Why does Putin have so much hatred and contempt for the U.S.?

The perception in the West is that Putin is both, power-hungry, and extremely jealous of the U.S, and wants to take over as many countries as he can to build strength...so that one day he can replace the U.S. as a leading power.

It was Obama's mistake. Once he was very rude in his speech about Russia and Putin. If I'm not wrong in 2008. Something like "regional country what manufacturing nothing, where nobody wants to live". Obama was quite stupid. Even Western medias laugh about that passage. At that time Russia already was within world TOP-10 economics, was grain, gas, platinum and titanium supplier #1. Also Russia was #3 by netto migration into country in world. West tried to cover this Obama's stupid words by inviting Russia into G7. But it was too late.

About "to take over as many countries as he can". He does the same US or China does. Making alliances, gaining influence. Putin got "Men of the year" in Time, "World most powerful politic" in Forbes 4 years. At past USSR was second power in world. Now Putin has Russia within 4 most powerful countries in world: US, China, Germany and Russia. Second powerful army in world. One of 3 nations which got soil from the Moon or has space station. One of 3 with own fully completed global navigation system.

By the way: Biden just did even more stupid thing by calling Putin "murder'. Yes, I understand what Biden is in age when he does not understand what he is saying and don't remember where he is, but there are a lot of advisers around. I saw this scene few days ago when Biden appears and front of journalists and then asking adviser "Ron with whom and what I should talk here?"

Now Biden looks even more stupid than Obama: he call president of another country "murder" (showing disrespect to nation which elected this president) and in a few days inviting this president to meeting about climate and showing by this what he has no principles and is ready to work with murder. President must be diplomat. Biden isn't.

Dodger
March 31st, 2021, 10:48
Moses,

Thank you for taking the time to share your perspective.

Based on some of the things you said, I took the time to research some of the Meduza articles, as well as other Russian news sources for topics related to Russia’s economy/quality of life, etc. and found it interesting.

I have no doubt that Russia has made good progress on many fronts over the years, and I’m really impressed with the Healthcare System. There’s nothing better than “free”, even if there is a short waiting line.

Meduza ranks Russian Quality of Life Standards (QLS) as being either average - or slightly above average, where Forbes (U.S.) shows Russia has being below average in almost all QLS criteria being measured. Forbes goes on to say that Russia ranks lower than almost all developing countries, including Mexico.

Wow…there must be a UFO hovering overhead: A Russian news outlet ranks Russian QLS as Average. And a major U.S. news outlet ranks Russia as Below Average using the very same criteria. What’s a reader supposed to do, add the two together and divide by 2 to get the correct answer?

Reality:

If you want a Russian perspective on Russian economy, read a Russian newspaper. If you want a western perspective on Russian economy, read a western newspaper. Do you want to know what the odds are of “little people” like us actually getting the honest facts by relying solely on their Country’s news media?.…about ZERO!

What do many people do when they don’t understand this discrepancy in news media reporting, and don’t like what they’re reading and/or hearing? They call it “Propaganda”. It’s human nature. Nobody likes being wrong.

Round and round and round we go, and where she stops, nobody knows.

Cheers

dinagam
March 31st, 2021, 11:01
It is better to have a bear-riding leader than one who is very fond of getting very close to young girls in public and touching them inappropriately.