PDA

View Full Version : Biden: "the guy who runs that outfit over there".

Moses
March 10th, 2021, 15:54
President Biden on Monday seemed to forget Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin’s name at a White House event — calling the Pentagon chief "the guy who runs that outfit over there."

"And I want to thank the sec — the, the, ah former general. I keep calling him general, but my, my — the guy who runs that outfit over there," Biden said.

What's the number of article that allows to remove US president by health conditions?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-seems-to-forget-defense-secretarys-name-calls-him-the-guy-who-runs-that-outfit

gerefan2
March 10th, 2021, 16:12
President Biden

President Boredom, more like. Have you ever tried to listen through one of his speeches?!

snotface
March 10th, 2021, 16:20
President Boredom, more like.

Give me President Boredom over President Deranged any day.

a447
March 10th, 2021, 16:23
Many of the comments following that story obviously come from Trump supporters.

Funny how the Republicans were able to ignore President Reagan's mental problems. Mind you, he had his wife Nancy by his side to prompt him when he didn't know what to say.

"Just say you are doing the best you can." she said when he couldn't answer a simple question.

"We are doing the best we can," he parotted.

Priceless.

cdnmatt
March 10th, 2021, 17:18
President Boredom, more like. Have you ever tried to listen through one of his speeches?!

I know, isn't it such a nice relief? For four years it was impossible to keep up with the news due to Trump and his cronies' creating a never ending shitstorm. Now you watch the news and it seems like the oceans have finally calmed a little, things are starting to run smoothly again, people are getting helped, et al.

As for the OP, at least Biden didn't tell everyone they should inject bleach. Oh, and the US doing 2.9 million vaccination in a single day is quite impressive.

Moses
March 10th, 2021, 18:02
and the US doing 2.9 million vaccination in a single day is quite impressive.

Well. What's role of Biden in this 2.9mln? Zero. Grandpa just took his chair in White House. All preparations were done under "ruling" of Ginger Clown.

Nirish guy
March 10th, 2021, 18:07
Well. What's role of Biden in this 2.9mln? Zero. Grandpa just took his chair in White House. All preparations were done under "ruling" of Ginger Clown.

How do YOU know that ?

And I'd rather have Joe than that other muppet !

Oh and it's a bit much people jumping on the guy for forgetting the name of one of MANY staff who work under him, I dont know about you but I forget the names of the people I work with on a regular basis and that's people I talk to every day whereas he Im sure barely sees most of the people that work under him. It just stinks of people waiting of each and every chance they can get to have a dig and anything age related or the slightest error will do. I sy again - when you look at the alternative I'd rather have Joe sitting in that chair that the other dangerous idiot !!

Moses
March 10th, 2021, 18:14
How do YOU know that ?

And I'd rather have Joe than that other muppet !

Oh and it's a bit much people jumping on the guy for forgetting the name of one of MANY staff who work under him, I dont know about you but I forget the names of the people I work with on a regular basis and that's people I talk to every day whereas he Im sure barely sees most of the people that work under him. It just stinks of people waiting of each and every chance they can get to have a dig and anything age related or the slightest error will do. I sy again - when you look at the alternative I'd rather have Joe sitting in that chair that the other dangerous idiot !!

Oh, by the way, speaking about Corona and health, Nirish, what do you think: when Biden appointed Attorney General with zero experience in medicine, on position of Secretary of Health - it is correct appointment or Biden again forgot name of correct candidate at time of appointment and nobody was able to fix his mistake?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xavier_Becerra

StevieWonders
March 10th, 2021, 18:20
I enjoyed enormously the QAnon conspiracy theory, but then they’re a much more common feature of human behaviour than many people think. The homegrown one here is particularly entertaining.

Nirish guy
March 10th, 2021, 18:24
Oh, by the way, speaking about Corona and health, Nirish, what do you think: when Biden appointed

What you HONESTLY think that ANY President has much of a hand in who's appointed to ANY department, rather than being told ( at best) "ok here's a list of three and yes you can pick one" - with the "one" the staffers want put in place being so heavily weighted that of COURSE he's going to end up the preferred choice. That the oldest trick in any Govt advisors book of tricks I would image and has been going on from day one I'm sure in ALL governments,

I'm surprised at your naivety on this one in thinking that ?

PS When does ANY Govt minister have much experience about ANY post they're given !? The whole point is that they're a politician and not an "expert" on anything - that's why they have the experts to answer to them and then then answer to their boss / president / dictator as required. The Health Minister in my own Govt here in NI is a pig farmer by profession and I'm guessing most other "ministers" have the same lack of experience in their roles, that's not considered weird here.

cdnmatt
March 10th, 2021, 18:25
I enjoyed enormously the QAnon conspiracy theory, but then they’re a much more common feature of human behaviour than many people think. The homegrown one here is particularly entertaining.

I heard many of the Q-Anon folk were rather disappointed when March 4th came and went without Trump getting sworn in as the 19th president of the United States.

And they were so sure that sudden, underground military coup in the US was going to happen.

Moses
March 10th, 2021, 18:35
What you HONESTLY think that ANY President has much of a hand in who's appointed to ANY department, rather than being told ( at best) "ok here's a list of three and yes you can pick one" - with the "one" the staffers want put in place being so heavily weighted that of COURSE he's going to end up the preferred choice. That the oldest trick in any Govt advisors book of tricks I would image and has been going on from day one I'm sure in ALL governments,

I'm surprised at your naivety on this one in thinking that ?

Oh, sorry. My bad. I'm from barbarian country: we here trust in professionals and only professional with at least magister degree may be appointed to be minister (secretary). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veronika_Skvortsova PhD, member of Russian Science Academy - she is responsible for decisions in national medicine.

But, sure, so advanced country like US should appoint to position of health minister attorney general. Why not? It is about medicine after all, right? Who may make better and most professional decisions in medicine than Attorney General?

Nirish guy
March 10th, 2021, 18:45
I think the difference there is that our Ministers are just Citizens like us, they've been elected by us to be in the Government for the people by the people etc and so "of course" they're not experts, why would they be, they were and are just ordinary citizens that we elected to be in our Government and to take decisions on our mutual behalf, hopefully the way the majority want them too, which is why we elected them to represent our views.

The first thing we WOULD then expect them to do on taking up their office is to appoint REAL experts ( and definitely NOT other politicians) to advise THEM on the various (on this case health) matters at hand, so they could then either make the required decisions / recommendations on our behalf OR refer the same on up to their boss if it was a bigger decision, with their recommendations attached - which is I'm sure the same as your Health Minister has to do too surely no ?

By your logic and in your case in Russia surely Mr Putin 'ultimately' has the final say EVERY decision taken ( I presume?) and he can chose to accept or disregard any advice he may get from anyone there, including your own Health Minister - so ultimately Mr Putin IS still in a position to decide YOUR health policy too - and HE ( I assume) also has ZERO qualifications to enable him to safely make those decisions either - so actually our systems are maybe just as different as you seem think after all it seems.......

Moses
March 10th, 2021, 18:58
in your case there 'ultimately' Mr Putin has the final say on "whatever" decisions are taken there ( I presume) and he can disregard advice he gets from anyone, including your own Health Minister - so ultimately PUTIN is in a position to decide YOUR health policy too - and HE ( I assume) has ZERO qualifications to make those decisions either - so actually our systems are maybe not so different after all it seems.

Wrong. Looks like you know nothing about how it works here. Putin may appoint only PM and few ministers - army, police, justice. Then PM nominee ministers and parliament votes for them )including these appointed by Putin). PM will never appoint non-professional and parliament will never vote for non-professional candidate - it is about national health after all.
The only not exactly professional minister is allowed - Defense minister, in meaning: he is not from army. He is usually civilian, from one of national defense research institutes.

So I wonder: what decision may make attorney about medicine? I understand what he is for "to take decisions on our mutual behalf, hopefully the way the majority want them too". I just wonder why he should make decision based on majority votes instead of make decision based on medical knowledges? When you are going to your dentist: do you choose by his political preferences or check his diplomas and licenses? Oh, who votes for "to fix your tooth or to remove it"?

But now I understand why USA is world #1 by Corona sickness and deaths. Attorney general was responsible for their health.

Here nobody pays attention from what party is minister - he may be from any of 30+ parties. Whatever, his role is to improve health care.

Nirish guy
March 10th, 2021, 19:01
Wrong. Looks like you know nothing about how it works here. .

You're absolutely right, why / how could I know, I never suggested I did of course.

You're perhaps wrongly assuming here that our Health Minister doesn't have a legitimate and fully qualified Health professional appointed and working for him as Chief Health advisor or some such title. He does - and that person advises the minster and the minster then makes his decisions based on that advice and rarely would ever go against it. Thats' why you're seeing Boris etc in his press briefings every day with two health professionals standing beside him advising him and giving their advice to him and the public. I think the only difference in our position is the one step removal of decision making power from the health advisor to the politican perhaps here - but again its rare that ANY politican would be stupid enough to ignore the health advice their own advises give them as if they do and get it wrong they know they're in big political trouble,

But tell me, once your Minister makes their decision can your Prime Minister / Mr Putin overrule / change that decision or not them ???

dinagam
March 10th, 2021, 19:01
Oh yeah...
The US government appoint the REAL experts and yet the US dollar has been losing its value over the past decades.
And the majority of the citizens are either obese or fat. If only they would consume 25% less on things going into the stomach, the private health industries would have to bend backwards to accommodate the consumers.

Moses
March 10th, 2021, 19:08
You're absolutely right, why / how could I know, I never suggested I did of course.

But tell me, once that Minister makes his decision can Putin overrule / change that decision or not ???

No. Putin can not. It is government. President can't intervene.

President may give targets and time. For example: "in 5 year average life span should be 75 years". This target will be voted by parliament at first and then it will be law. How to reach it - business of minister. And then Putin may meet PM and/or minister for to listen report what is going and how looks results. If president doesn't likes result he may dismiss government.

Nirish guy
March 10th, 2021, 19:12
No. Putin can not. It is government. President can't intervene. .

Sorry I did edit that comment but I think we crossed over......I should have said the Health Misters boss, whoever that may be so I added can your Prime Minister change that decision then if they chose to ??

Moses
March 10th, 2021, 19:20
Sorry I did edit that comment but I think we crossed over......I should have said the Health Misters boss, whoever that may be so I added can your Prime Minister change that decision then if they chose to ??

It doesn't work like this. Usually nobody interferes to Minister's decision while it is within budget and don't "cross path" of other Ministers. If decision "touches" responsibilities of few ministers then they do mutual decision on the govt meeting under supervising of PM. If decision is laying in responsibility area of only one Minister why other should interfere?

Nirish guy
March 10th, 2021, 19:21
If I can assume that your answer to the above is "yes a boss can change the health ministers decisions" ( just to speed things up) then THAT takes us right back to the same position that we have here in that a health professional makes their recommendations and then a politician, with no medical experience, can overrule then if they decide to - not so different to here after all perhaps,

For instance if your health minister said " it's critical that we have a total lockdown, all shops and offices to close NOW" but the Prime Minister decided that "No, stop, that wouldn't be a good idea economically / politically we're not doing that" then there you have a "health" decision being made by a non health professional. Just exactly the same as what happens here.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that for us it's all about accountability in that some UNELECTED "appointed" person shouldn't be able to make decisions on our behalf as it's "we the people" who ultimately should be making the decisions on our own behalf ( via our duly elected representatives") and of COURSE we expect them to appoint and take all the professional advisors they can and yes even to follow their advice "almost" without question, but ultimately the decision IS their's ( ours) to make and if they get it wrong they get voted out next time ( or not as is more usually the case of course ).

I think you're putting to much sway on your view that "non professionals" are making the decisions, they are, but only with strong and skilled advisors behind them. And lets face it even when the advisors ( in the West at least) give their professional advice and even misters enact that as law you can always then get the likes of Trump overriding those decisions anyway - and I'm guessing that THAT is exactly the same in Russia surely too ?

Moses
March 10th, 2021, 19:31
If I can assume that your answer to the above is "yes a boss can change the health ministers decisions" ( just to speed things up) then THAT takes us right back to the same position that we have here in that a health professional makes their recommendations and then a politician, with no medical experience, can overrule then if they decide to - not so different to here after all perhaps,

For instance if your health minister said " it's critical that we have a total lockdown, all shops and offices to close NOW" but the Prime Minister decided that "No, stop, that wouldn't be a good idea economically / politically we're not doing that" then there you have a "health" decision being made by a non health professional. Just exactly the same as what happens here.

No. Answer is "No". If Healthcare minister says "lockdown" - nobody can say "No" - by law he may declare lockdown and even army must support his decision and by law is criminal not to support.

You don't understand: here is government of professionals. They have responsibility areas - each within own competences. Each of them is #1 in decisions within competences, and law warranties what professional decision will be implemented in life. The only way to stop - dismiss government or minister (Putin can dismiss minister, but can't appoint new one).

Moses
March 10th, 2021, 19:50
I think you're putting to much sway on your view that "non professionals" are making the decisions, they are, but only with strong and skilled advisors behind them.

This is point of weakness. How not professional may make decision if he even not able to to understand expert and must just to trust him? Any medical professional is still medical professional and neurologist Skvortcova is able to understand experts in epidemiology or virusology. What will understand attorney general from expert? "Oh that's bad" - it is only sentence he will recognize from whole speech of his virusology adviser.

- Oh, that's bad...
- How bad it is?
- Very bad!
- Attention all! Lockdown!

Well... Attorney General... USA are responsible for 25% of all Corona cases in World.

Nirish guy
March 10th, 2021, 19:54
Ok, I got that. Here by the way it's the same, if our health minister declares "lock down" then that too becomes law and no one can change that - well not easily anyway and only after a lot of democratic votes in the parliament etc later and / or the Prime Minister intervening / sacking that health minister and reappointing a new one. So whilst I hear and get your saying about you only appointing professionals etc I actually dont think there's that much difference, the only difference being our professionals strongly advise our elected health minister - and their role is more of an administrative one rather than anyone actually expecting them to know the answers to specific health related questions - as of course NO one person can be an expert in everything, even if its only health related etc.

latintopxxx
March 11th, 2021, 01:05
never thought i would live long enoughto see the US a country I love visiting and admire warts and all....never thought I would see it reduced to having to choose between deranged orange clown and senile stupid....place is full of young innovative people and technoilogy and silicion valley and NY...the arts ....wealth...freedom...and what do we have to choose from?! Like the monkeys have escaped and are running the zoo...

StevieWonders
March 11th, 2021, 03:26
President Biden on Monday seemed to forget Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin’s name at a White House event — calling the Pentagon chief "the guy who runs that outfit over there."

"And I want to thank the sec — the, the, ah former general. I keep calling him general, but my, my — the guy who runs that outfit over there," Biden said.

What's the number of article that allows to remove US president by health conditions?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-seems-to-forget-defense-secretarys-name-calls-him-the-guy-who-runs-that-outfitWas Biden simply being ironic? Given that Americans generally don’t “get” irony that’s unlikely. Perhaps he was making a self-deprecating reference to his well-known propensity to make gaffes? Words spoken, when written down, often lose the context of the event. Finally, look at the source - Fox News - hardly an objective or even credible source of reporting.

latintopxxx
March 11th, 2021, 14:01
...like CNN is?!

Zebedee
March 13th, 2021, 16:11
George Bush, ie Bushisims :
1. “Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.”—Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004

2. “I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family.”—Greater Nashua, N.H., Chamber of Commerce, Jan. 27, 2000

3. “Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning?”—Florence, S.C., Jan. 11, 2000

4. “Too many good docs are getting out of the business. Too many OB/GYNs aren’t able to practice their love with women all across the country.”—Poplar Bluff, Mo., Sept. 6, 2004

5. “Neither in French nor in English nor in Mexican.”—declining to answer reporters’ questions at the Summit of the Americas, Quebec City, Canada, April 21, 2001

6. “You teach a child to read, and he or her will be able to pass a literacy test.”—Townsend, Tenn., Feb. 21, 2001

7. “I’m the decider, and I decide what is best. And what’s best is for Don Rumsfeld to remain as the secretary of defense.”—Washington, D.C., April 18, 2006

8. “See, in my line of work you got to keep repeating things over and over and over again for the truth to sink in, to kind of catapult the propaganda.”—Greece, N.Y., May 24, 2005

9. “I’ve heard he’s been called Bush’s poodle. He’s bigger than that.”—discussing former British Prime Minister Tony Blair, as quoted by the Sun newspaper, June 27, 2007

10. “And so, General, I want to thank you for your service. And I appreciate the fact that you really snatched defeat out of the jaws of those who are trying to defeat us in Iraq.”—meeting with Army Gen. Ray Odierno, Washington, D.C., March 3, 2008

11. “We ought to make the pie higher.”—South Carolina Republican debate, Feb. 15, 2000

12. “There’s an old saying in Tennessee—I know it’s in Texas, probably in Tennessee—that says, fool me once, shame on—shame on you. Fool me—you can’t get fooled again.”—Nashville, Tenn., Sept. 17, 2002

13. “And there is distrust in Washington. I am surprised, frankly, at the amount of distrust that exists in this town. And I’m sorry it’s the case, and I’ll work hard to try to elevate it.”—speaking on National Public Radio, Jan. 29, 2007

14. “We’ll let our friends be the peacekeepers and the great country called America will be the pacemakers.”—Houston, Sept. 6, 2000