PDA

View Full Version : China starts issuing “vaccine passports”

StevieWonders
March 10th, 2021, 07:29
China launches a vaccine passport for cross-border travel. Called the International Health Certificate and containing data accessed via the WeChat mobile app, the certificate stipulates the vaccine manufacturer and type, as well as other information such as results for nucleic acid and serum antibody tests.

https://asia.nikkei.com/Spotlight/Coronavirus/Coronavirus-Free-to-read/Coronavirus-latest-India-vaccinates-2m-in-single-day

Moses
March 10th, 2021, 12:39
China launches a vaccine passport for cross-border travel. Called the International Health Certificate and containing data accessed via the WeChat mobile app, the certificate stipulates the vaccine manufacturer and type, as well as other information such as results for nucleic acid and serum antibody tests.

https://asia.nikkei.com/Spotlight/Coronavirus/Coronavirus-Free-to-read/Coronavirus-latest-India-vaccinates-2m-in-single-day

Russia does it already 2 months. It is called vaccination certificate, looks like QR-code. After scanning this QR user receives URL to govt server with personal record about owner of QR with data about vaccination and antibodies test.

Israel does "green passports" as well. Owners are allowed to use gyms, clubs, to visit concerts and so on.

StevieWonders
March 10th, 2021, 12:58
Russia does it already 2 months. It is called vaccination certificate, looks like QR-code. After scanning this QR user receives URL to govt server with personal record about owner of QR with data about vaccination and antibodies test.

Israel does "green passports" as well. Owners are allowed to use gyms, clubs, to visit concerts and so on.Is the Russian one a paper-based QR code that an official scans? How is the identity of the vaccinated person verified?

Moses
March 10th, 2021, 14:13
Is the Russian one a paper-based QR code that an official scans? How is the identity of the vaccinated person verified?

Not a paper based, it is state server based. Individual downloads it from his account at state site with govt services ( gosuslugi.ru ) to phone and may keep as is for to show from screen or to print. It is .pdf file. Govt server generates this QR in 3 weeks after second injection and uploads to person's account.

If somebody wants to be sure what I am vaccinated - I will show qr-code on my phone, he will scan code by his phone and will be taken to govt server what will show record of vaccination. There will be first and last letters of my name and family name, date of birth, first 2 and last 3 digits of my passport number, type of vaccine.