PDA

View Full Version : Walking Street and Memory Lane

Jellybean
March 7th, 2021, 00:03
Hard to imagine the way it used to be..We live in hope.

London68, that’s the way I view it, we can but live in hope that, barring the development of a new, more virulent, strain of the Covid-19 virus, things will, if we are lucky, slowly begin to return to normal later this year or, perhaps more realistically, early next year.

In the meantime, to remind us all how Pattaya used to be, I found an old photo of a very busy Walking Street. Unfortunately, I don't have any photos showing a really busy Boyz Town, but in an attempt to cheer members up and give us all a trip down memory lane, I have re-posted two photos I took back in March 2020. :)

a447
March 7th, 2021, 08:42
For those who are fully into self-flagellation, try these vids:

https://m.youtube.com/results?sp=mAEA&search_query=busted+in+bangkok

Episodes of "Busted in Bangkok" are on TV here at the moment and earlier this week featured Walking Street on New Years eve. It brought a tear to my eyes! It was all lit up, bars were overflowing and according to police, twenty thousand revellers apparently gathered in that small area at midnight. That is probably more than the total number of tourists in the weeks of Thailand at the moment!

I'm getting more optimistic as time goes by and think that eventually things will be back to normal, if not even better.

Guys, straight or gay, are by nature horny. We want sex. Lots of sex.

It's hard to keep a good man down!

francois
March 7th, 2021, 11:13
London68, that’s the way I view it, we can but live in hope that, barring the development of a new, more virulent, strain of the Covid-19 virus, things will, if we are lucky, slowly begin to return to normal later this year or, perhaps more realistically, early next year.

In the meantime, to remind us all how Pattaya used to be, I found an old photo of a very busy Walking Street. Unfortunately, I don't have any photos showing a really busy Boyz Town, but in an attempt to cheer members up and give us all a trip down memory lane, I have re-posted two photos I took back in March 2020. :

I recognize all those people! :) :) :)

Oliver2
March 7th, 2021, 14:34
Is anyone able to provide photos of Boyztown and its environs pre- 2000? I found some videos on Youtube which consist of motor-cy tours of Beach Road and Pattaya 2 from the late 80s and early 90s... interesting but shot in day-time. And the wrong areas anyway.

Andaman!
March 7th, 2021, 15:52

Presumably Latintopxxx could be found deep inside The Prancing Pony?

Jellybean
March 7th, 2021, 23:41
Presumably Latintopxxx could be found deep inside The Prancing Pony?

If truth be told Andaman, I never got the opportunity to find out. When I tried to enter the bar, a great, burly doorman held his hand out in front of me, shook his head from side to side and pointed to a sign by the entrance, which I took a photo of and have copied below.

And, as it was my last night in Pattaya, I was unable to return on another night and investigate further. Can you believe it? ;)