PDA

View Full Version : Fire East of Pattaya

gerefan2
March 2nd, 2021, 02:09
From my Condo in Pattaya Tai I can see what looks like a huge blaze to the East or South East of Pattaya. It looks to be well beyond the Sukumvit Road. Possibly 8 or 10 miles away.

I first noticed it at 2 a.m. and it is still well alight now at 3 a.m. It is producing its own cloud and you can see the fire pulsating in the orange glow and smoke.

Anyone else see it or are you all sleeping off the booze?!

Some pics, obviously not very clear because of the distance and light.

StevieWonders
March 2nd, 2021, 05:01
It’s a metaphor for the desires of all those ageing sex tourists unable to get back.

dinagam
March 2nd, 2021, 08:12
Could be just the farmers burning their sugarcane crops..

Dodger
March 2nd, 2021, 08:39
From my Condo in Pattaya Tai I can see what looks like a huge blaze to the East or South East of Pattaya. .

Christ...how tall is your building?

It looks like you shot these pictures from a helicopter.

gerefan2
March 2nd, 2021, 14:23
12 floor only...

Manforallseasons
March 2nd, 2021, 19:49
You are lucky you face East and not towards the Wat and it’s crematorium as a strong wind can blow someone’s ashes in your window!

goji
March 2nd, 2021, 20:27
You are lucky you face East and not towards the Wat and it’s crematorium as a strong wind can blow someone’s ashes in your window!

Perhaps your triangulation hasn't got the right building, but still an amusing idea.

Manforallseasons
March 2nd, 2021, 21:49
Perhaps your triangulation hasn't got the right building, but still an amusing idea.

Not many condos on Pattaya Tai and only one this tall.

gerefan2
March 2nd, 2021, 22:00

I think MFAS is thinking of Centre Condo which is adjacent to the Wat and ties in with his orientation.

I’m in another building (not quite as high but still 12 floors) a bit further from the Wat. No such problems!

Brad the Impala
March 3rd, 2021, 04:55
Now we've established the exact position of the photographer, does anyone know what was actually on fire?!

gerefan2
March 3rd, 2021, 13:24
I saw it glowing the next night too so I agree with Dinagam.

Dodger
March 3rd, 2021, 15:27
Now we've established the exact position of the photographer, does anyone know what was actually on fire?!

To funny!

Dodger
March 3rd, 2021, 18:34

If this ever happens when you're hosting a dinner - you can just tell your guests to go easy on the black pepper.