View Full Version : Thailand Goes Crypto / Bitcoin!

cdnmatt
February 20th, 2021, 09:43
TAT wants the tourist industry (hotels, et al) to begin accepting bitcoin and other crypto-currencies to help boost touristm:

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1206746-thailand-eyes-cryptocurrency-holders-and-even-elon-musk-to-help-boost-post-covid-19-tourism/?utm_source=newsletter-20210220-0715&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=news

StevieWonders
February 20th, 2021, 09:50
TAT wants the tourist industry (hotels, et al) to begin accepting bitcoin and other crypto-currencies to help boost touristm:

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1206746-thailand-eyes-cryptocurrency-holders-and-even-elon-musk-to-help-boost-post-covid-19-tourism/?utm_source=newsletter-20210220-0715&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newsHow many other countries can they cite that have seen an upsurge in tourism by encouraging Bitcoin?

cdnmatt
February 20th, 2021, 09:53
I don't know, but I'd love to show up at Mosaik or somewhere and just pay in bitcoin instead of cash.

Dodger
February 20th, 2021, 10:11
I don't know, but I'd love to show up at Mosaik or somewhere and just pay in bitcoin instead of cash.

Why?

StevieWonders
February 20th, 2021, 10:14
I don't know, but I'd love to show up at Mosaik or somewhere and just pay in bitcoin instead of cash.Thailand cannot yet cope with Google Pay or Apple Pay!

cdnmatt
February 20th, 2021, 10:16
Why?

Because majority of my income is in bitcoin, so it's a whole lot easier. No transferring to fiat, no hitting a bank account, et al.

StevieWonders
February 20th, 2021, 10:41
Because majority of my income is in bitcoin, so it's a whole lot easier. No transferring to fiat, no hitting a bank account, et al.No paying taxes ...

cdnmatt
February 20th, 2021, 10:59
No paying taxes ...

Go complain to Bezos, as Amazon doesn't pay any taxes...

Or Trump, or pretty near any politician for that matter...

StevieWonders
February 20th, 2021, 11:09
Go complain to Bezos, as Amazon doesn't pay any taxes...

Or Trump, or pretty near any politician for that matter...
At least they do lodge tax returns. Interesting you think Trump is your role model.

https://www.vox.com/2019/2/20/18231742/amazon-federal-taxes-zero-corporate-income

cdnmatt
February 20th, 2021, 11:51
You're just mad you don't have any bitcoin.

Dodger
February 20th, 2021, 12:08
Because majority of my income is in bitcoin, so it's a whole lot easier. No transferring to fiat, no hitting a bank account, et al.

Sounds like it works well for you.

Moses
February 20th, 2021, 12:20
Why?

Matt it is clearly stated in news: TAT wants to attract "rich and youth"... why you are talking about you?

cdnmatt
February 20th, 2021, 12:29
Matt it is clearly stated in news: TAT wants to attract "rich and youth"... why you are talking about you?

Follow your own fucken rules. No personal insults.

StevieWonders
February 20th, 2021, 12:32
You're just mad you don't have any bitcoin.Prove it

StevieWonders
February 20th, 2021, 12:34
Follow your own fucken rules. No personal insults.As one of the great sages of the Forum puts it:
Is there any need for that, what does it add to the board? FFS try to stop it, it doesn't impress anyone and it's you who ends up coming across looking like a knob, not the other person.

Moses
February 20th, 2021, 16:41
Follow your own fucken rules. No personal insults.

Matt, what part of my post insults you? "rich" or "youth"?

cdnmatt
February 20th, 2021, 16:55
Matt, what part of my post insults you? "rich" or "youth"?

Honestly? You're someone who thinks Pfizer's vaccine is made with dead monkeys, so your opinion doesn't exactly matter to me...

Moses
February 20th, 2021, 17:40
Honestly? You're someone who thinks Pfizer's vaccine is made with dead monkeys, so your opinion doesn't exactly matter to me...

Stupid can't distinct monkey's virus and dead monkey? Well, do you still think you are smart, Matt? Or rich? Oh, maybe forever youth?

Matt, what about "vector vaccine"? Is it vaccine or not? By the way: India will supply Canada by vaccine, because other developed countries think more about own interests. may be it will be licensed Russian Sputnik. Are you ready to get humanitarian help?

bkkguy
February 20th, 2021, 19:24
may be it will be licensed Russian Sputnik

the main advantage of the Russian vaccine is that it does not require an injection - the preferred delivery methods are to spray it either on the recipient's doorknob or in their underwear

bucknaway
February 21st, 2021, 04:04
I love it! I was given some Bitcoin in 2015 and it goes a long way today!

$7.50 from back then is almost $2000 today. Enough to pay for a wild week in Thailand

Zebedee
February 21st, 2021, 04:12
congrats bucknaway.

gerefan2
February 21st, 2021, 16:42
$7.50 from back then is almost $2000 today. Enough to pay for a wild week in Thailand

Well it might just about cover the cost of quarantine!!

StevieWonders
February 22nd, 2021, 02:46
Well it might just about cover the cost of quarantine!!

No steviewonderful, quarantine is free.
https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showthread.php?21843-When-will-Thailand-and-the-world-re-open-for-tourism-Speculation-Time/page6

cdnmatt
February 22nd, 2021, 04:46
Stupid can't distinct monkey's virus and dead monkey? Well, do you still think you are smart, Matt? Or rich? Oh, maybe forever youth?

Matt, what about "vector vaccine"? Is it vaccine or not? By the way: India will supply Canada by vaccine, because other developed countries think more about own interests. may be it will be licensed Russian Sputnik. Are you ready to get humanitarian help?

heh, your insecurities are showing Moses.

Besides, have you seen the price of bitcoin lately? You're going to have a rough time wiping the smile off my face.

Moses
February 22nd, 2021, 12:35
heh, your insecurities are showing Moses.

Besides, have you seen the price of bitcoin lately? You're going to have a rough time wiping the smile off my face.

Should I? Guess why I don't work since 2009. Only travels.