PDA

View Full Version : So, it seems that congratulations are in order for one of our members .......

Nirish guy
February 16th, 2021, 00:36
So, after exchanging a message with "Scottish guy' the other evening and enquiring after his health and life in general it seems that congratulations are in order for him !

As some of you may recall SG had / has a long term BF who comes from Vietnam and they had been trying for a LONG time but always without success to get him here to the UK to live together.

So they kept on trying ( at great cost I seem to recall too) and finally they made it and he arrived here on a Tourist visa. Unfortunately then after an unintentional overstay ( by just a few days and solely as a result of erroneous legal advice they received from a UK immigration lawyer of all things) the Home Office started proceedings to deport the BF. Scottish guy decided to fight the case in court and they WON so the BF has now received a 5 year right to reside which is great !! :)

However it turns out that that all may have been somewhat unnecessary anyway as it seems that Scottish Guy and his BF got married just a few weeks ago so they are now Man and Man ! :)

So congratulations to the both of them and may they have many happy years together. It's nice to hear a positive story with a happy ending for a change in these covid laden gloomy times !

PS I am posting this post with SG's full permission btw in case anyone things it too personal a piece of info to be shared.

cdnmatt
February 16th, 2021, 01:37
Congrats SG to you and yours!

latintopxxx
February 16th, 2021, 01:48
weddings pics would be nice...

Nirish guy
February 16th, 2021, 01:58
I’m just raging that I missed out on the opportunity to buy a fancy new hat for the occasion ! :-)

Zebedee
February 16th, 2021, 02:05
Good news for a change.

Congratulations Scottish Guy.

StevieWonders
February 16th, 2021, 02:36
We all love a happy ending

Even when it leads to a life sentence in an institution

a447
February 16th, 2021, 05:44
Nice one, guys.

Congratulations!

I'd love to hear about the ceremony.

dinagam
February 16th, 2021, 07:38

I'd love to see SG in an off-shoulder wedding gown.
Wouldn't that be lovely...

Ruthrieston
February 16th, 2021, 08:39
Hearfelt congratulations to Scottish Guy and his partner! Thank you Nirish for sharing the wonderful story with us, it is so good to get a story that cheers me up for a change.

arsenal
February 16th, 2021, 10:46
"I'd love to see SG in an off-shoulder wedding gown.
Wouldn't that be lovely..."

Full Scottish regalia surely.

latintopxxx
February 16th, 2021, 14:05
...traditional naturally...sans underwear...

christianpfc
February 16th, 2021, 18:36
Congratulations to scottish-guy and his boyfriend!

dinagam
February 16th, 2021, 20:59
...traditional naturally...sans underwear...

It's amazing how Latin is usually very observant...

scottish-guy
February 17th, 2021, 04:20

*Half* of each pic would be nice - the other half would be appalling :drink:

scottish-guy
February 17th, 2021, 04:22
Nice one, guys.

Congratulations!

I'd love to hear about the ceremony.

Mid CoVid is definitely the best (and cheapest) time to get married - only 2 witnesses allowed and no reception possible :yahoo_mini:

latintopxxx
February 22nd, 2021, 00:57
..sooooo scottish...now tell them how copper wire was invented...

Ruthrieston
February 22nd, 2021, 09:16
Lucky for you Scottish Guy! Even though I am a true Aberdonian (in Scotland they call us mean!), when I brought my boyfriend over to live with me in London in 2006 (we met when he worked in My Life for Happiness Bar in Boyztown, Pattaya) we had one of the first Civil Partnership ceremonies in Chelsea Town Hall and a big celebration in a bar called The Speaker, near the Houses of Parliament in Westminster. Needless to say the partnership lasted less than a year and he announced he was bored with living in the UK and wanted to go back to Thailand. I have never seen or heard from him since! I am sure your relationship will last a great deal longer SG, and I wish you both all the very best.

a447
February 22nd, 2021, 12:48
I've heard similar stories over the years.

Taking a guy out of his culture is fraught with danger. Not only is he without his family, he is also without friends of his own age. Homesickness is a big problem. Plus with Asians, their food is really important.

It's a tough ask and not all boyfriends can cope. I think it takes a special type of person to leave everything behind and start a new life in an unfamiliar environment.

In SG's case I think they've been together quite a while. (Am I right?) And I think they sometimes returned to his boyfriend's country. If I ever brought a guy back to Australia to live with me (I wouldn't) I'd send him home every 6 months or so. That way he wouldn't feel trapped if he got homesick.

StevieWonders
February 22nd, 2021, 13:08
I've heard similar stories over the years.

Taking a guy out of his culture is fraught with danger. Not only is he without his family, he is also without friends of his own age. Homesickness is a big problem. Plus with Asians, their food is really important.
According to Matt’s theory of fitting in, all the guy needs to do is become reasonably fluent in English. Heaven forbid that he should try to make himself at home among other fellow ex-pats in a Thai ghetto.

latintopxxx
February 22nd, 2021, 14:04
...I've had front row experience of much much worse...silly old wrinkly smelly man imports much younger asian number ....so deeply in love wrinkly was...besotted...they settle down as man and man...all paperwork in order...a few months over the 2 year period when he's entitled to half of his...he does just that...and leaves

goji
February 22nd, 2021, 14:19
..all paperwork in order...a few months over the 2 year period when he's entitled to half of his...he does just that...and leaves
I'd only entertain the idea after a pre-nup.

arsenal
February 22nd, 2021, 15:38
Latin wrote.
" ...I've had front row experience of much much worse...silly old wrinkly smelly man imports much younger asian number ....so deeply in love wrinkly was...besotted...they settle down as man and man...all paperwork in order...a few months over the 2 year period when he's entitled to half of his...he does just that...and leaves"

Who gets to keep the puppy?

dinagam
February 22nd, 2021, 16:31
Alas, the pony has bolted before he was properly branded.

Nirish guy
February 22nd, 2021, 18:16
Who gets to keep the puppy?

Having fallen for that very move a million years ago in a past realtionship THIS is EXACTLY why I'm not buying a dog / puppy this time round ( as much as I'd love one ! ) As inevitably if it's your house, the dog stays with you - which is great from a company point of view after a break up and I loved having my dog in the ten years that followed BUT it was a bugger when you wanted to go to Thailand or anywhere else that involved an extended length of time - and even when leaving the dog with parents it really wasn't fair on the dog as of course "it" didn't know you were only away on your holidays and WOULD be back and each time I left the poor thing no doubt thought it had been abandoned ( again) - although after about the 20th trip to somewhere I think it perhaps started to get used to it - maybe ! ?

On a serious note though there are I think going to be a LOT of very sad and very stressed out one year old dogs in a few months time when all the locked down homeworkers / furloughed staff members who thought it would be a great idea to get a puppy as they were at home now realise that they have to return to work and the poor dog will be locked up 8 / 10 hours a day for the the first time in its life perhaps ! :-(