PDA

View Full Version : All Jomtien Bars ordered to close tonight.

gerefan2
February 14th, 2021, 01:20
Apparently all bars in Jomtien ordered to close this evening.

Something to do with Business Licences... Anyone know more?

Just as well Goje and Gere were in BT.

No rhyming slang please!

Nirish guy
February 14th, 2021, 01:26
Jesus who the hell in City Hall there in Pattaya makes these decisions that it's a good idea to close the few bars that are managing to stay open and provide employment in the middle of a pandemic all because of a piece of paper that may or may not be in date or applicable to the right type of trade or whatever. Being Thailand you always assume of course that the REAL reason for such closures is something a lot more basic and financial - and if so thats an even bigger disgrace just now !

Zebedee
February 14th, 2021, 18:53
Can anyone tell me if BIG KISS BAR in Jomtien is closing down? I thought I read somewhere on the board that it was for sale, but I cannot find that post now...assuming I haven't imagined it.

catawampuscat
February 14th, 2021, 21:19
Actually, most of the Jomtien bars were open.
Only Jomtien COMPLEX bars were closed, with Double Shot an exception and open and very busy,

cdnmatt
February 14th, 2021, 21:53
Jesus who the hell in City Hall there in Pattaya makes these decisions that it's a good idea to close the few bars that are managing to stay open and provide employment in the middle of a pandemic

Probably government officials who have lined their pockets for so long, they have completely forgotten what it's like to have a necessity to work so you don't starve, nor care about folks in that position.

Far too concerned about redeveloping Pattaya into something it isn't. Apparently, Walking Street along with its newly paved road, is even getting a roof! It'll be like an indoor mall, oh good. Next up will probably be turn styles at the entrances / exists, followed soon after by membership cards and family fun night with animal petting zoos. Fuck yeah, let the good times roll!

Jellybean
February 14th, 2021, 23:44
Can anyone tell me if BIG KISS BAR in Jomtien is closing down? I thought I read somewhere on the board that it was for sale, but I cannot find that post now...assuming I haven't imagined it.

Were you thinking of the following post by Ruthrieston on February 12th, 2021, Zebedee?

https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showthread.php?21576-Watch-Paint-Dry-Or-Go-To-Jomtien-Complex&p=274603&viewfull=1#post274603

Zebedee
February 15th, 2021, 01:28
Were you thinking of the following post by Ruthrieston on February 12th, 2021, Zebedee?

https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showthread.php?21576-Watch-Paint-Dry-Or-Go-To-Jomtien-Complex&p=274603&viewfull=1#post274603

Yes that's the one, glad I didn't imagine it.
Thank you very much for going to the trouble of finding it for me,I did try .

francois
February 15th, 2021, 23:22
Jomtien Complex bars were open this night, 15 Feb.