PDA

View Full Version : Which hotel would you choose?

arsenal
February 12th, 2021, 10:25
The situation. You have to spend 2 weeks in quarantine. So which hotel would you choose? It doesn'thave to be in Thailand, it can be any hotel in any country. And why that particular hotel? Just a thread to break up the endless vaccine, death, covid threads and for a brief while allow minds to go somewhere more pleasant.

StevieWonders
February 12th, 2021, 10:40
I’m game. I’m a Lifetime Platinum member of one particular hotel chain so I’d expect as is my right and due a room upgrade to “best available” which would almost certainly be a suite. I’d also expect the complimentary breakfast every day and since I’m in quarantine it would have to be off the a la carte menu. My status would certainly get me free wifi. My preference would be for a room with a balcony so it’s maybe going to be a resort hotel rather than a CBD one although...

And lastly a room with a view. My decision? Pier One. Sydney Harbour, Autograph Collection - https://www.pieronesydneyharbour.com.au/

arsenal
February 12th, 2021, 10:45
Looks fantastic. I'm still thinking. It basically comes down to the view you want.

cdnmatt
February 12th, 2021, 11:32
Does said hotel allow a cute 20 year old to quarantine with me for a price? If so, I'm in!

Room with a jacuzzi with lots of soap for bubble baths. Separate living room with desk and sofa, balcony, a fully equipped kitchen, surround sound stereo with speakers mounted around in the corners of all rooms, and good wifi. Maybe rent a Playstation or something for the cute guy as well.

Oh, and one of those little food elevators they used in the olden days. We could just call room service, let them know whatever we want even if it's just some beer or something from the store, and they send it up in the little elevator chute. I want that elevator thing right inside the room, so we can just order, and a few minutes later it's sitting there in the wall waiting for us.

I could do two weeks with that. Order up some groceries and booze, it shows up in the chute, cook an excellent dinner of filet mignon or whatever, followed by a nice bubble bath with a cute 20 year old who's constantly bored and horny due to being stuck in quarantine.

Fuck yeah, sign me up.

StevieWonders
February 12th, 2021, 11:42
The OP required you to name a hotel Matt.

arsenal
February 12th, 2021, 11:51
Yes. It's choosing an actual hotel and why. Yes, you can quarantine with your great aunt if you want to.

arsenal
February 12th, 2021, 12:01
I'd choose The Amankila Resort on Bali. An infinity pool suite with a view of the ocean. Something to do and something to watch plus surrounded by jungles so maybe a monkey will show up and keep me company.

https://www.aman.com/resorts/amankila

francois
February 12th, 2021, 12:47
Hotel California.

Zebedee
February 12th, 2021, 16:15
Thanks arsenal, a very welcome thread that has given me relief from this never ending nightmare of gloom and doom that is this plague sucking the life out of humanity. Ive had a look at your choice of hotel in Bali as well,the peace of mind and just contentment is palpable.
I want my old life back....so much!

bkkguy
February 12th, 2021, 18:02
Hotel California.

planning on a long quarantine?

"Relax, " said the night man,
"We are programmed to receive.
You can check-out any time you like,
But you can never leave! "

goji
February 12th, 2021, 18:05
I chose just a regular hotel in Bangkok with good reviews.

If someone else were paying, something with an enormous penthouse suite, private gym and private pool would be preferable.

a447
February 12th, 2021, 18:15
A few years ago a group of us met up in Penang to celebrate a friend's birthday. It was quite a serious affair with friends flying in from all over Japan. We stayed at the Eastern and Oriental Hotel. Mine was a huge room with a large balcony overlooking the ocean.

I chose that room because everyone I spoke to said Penang was as boring as bat shit and that we'd all probably be spending a lot of time in the hotel.

And they were right.

We all gathered every morning out on my balcony for breakfast and came back at night time to spent long, languid evenings drinking and chatting while enjoying the sea breeze.

The hotel was so nice, it was difficult to drag ourselves outside every day. We soon came scurrying back to the hotel.

A much cheaper option, and almost as good, would be Arthur and Paul in Phnom Penh. The room had the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. Everything is simple and tastefully done and the food is awesome. French, of course!

But only if I could use the pool in the garden and that would probably not be an option.

christianpfc
February 12th, 2021, 21:57
My status would certainly get me free wifi.
Free WiFi is now standards in most hotels (just like running water and electricity) and a hotel charging extra (the Malaysia in Bangkok is the only one I know) would be on my blacklist.

For me it's just a question of price. I want the cheapest possible room. For two weeks there has to be a window for daylight (whereas for shorter stays or when I'm out during day that's not a requirement), quiet aircon and fridge, no need for a TV but WiFi is important. A wardrobe, table and chair are important (I stayed in places without).

P.A. Place Hotel Nakon Sawan is the first hotel that comes to my mind, more here:
https://christianpfc.blogspot.com/2018/03/my-favorite-hotels-in-thailand.html

latintopxxx
February 13th, 2021, 02:40
malaysia hotel...have had such good coitus times in those rooms...think they coat the floors with some sort of aphrodisiac...

Jellybean
February 13th, 2021, 05:19
When I first read your post, arsenal, I immediately thought of the Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas (formerly the Sofitel) in Hua Hin. When I lived in Hua Hin I visited it many times for lunch, dinner and on special occasions such as Chinese New Year. After I left Hua Hin, I thought, if I ever return, I would love to stay there, even if it's only for the weekend. But then I saw a travel documentary on BBC Two tonight called Amazing Hotels: Life Beyond The Lobby which featured the Jade Mountain Resort in St Lucia and I thought, wow, it really is truly amazing and I’d love to swap winter in the UK for St Lucia – but sadly, only in my dreams.

Photos taken from my TV and a link to the resort website are below:

https://www.jademountain.com/

cdnmatt
February 13th, 2021, 05:55
The OP required you to name a hotel Matt.

Fine, but I still don't have an actual name. The B&B in St. Johns, Newfoundland right downtown, close to George Street, right across the screen from a pier and the ocean. Looks like a shitty townhouse from the outside, but that's until you get welcomed into the backyard and get settled into your room. Then instead of initially thinking, "alright, I guess we can rough it for a night", you end up almost instantly thinking, "that's it, we're staying here for at least a week!".

That place was fantastic. Huge with basically two stories (ok, only separated by four stairs, but still), separate living room, bedrooom, kitchen, and even had a washing machine and dryer. Not to mention, excellent home cooked breakfast every morning by a sweetheart of an old Newfie lady.

Still no idea on the name though.

arsenal
February 13th, 2021, 07:45
Some nice places. Zebs is in the next door villa and we can swap boy stories and tropical fruit. Matt needs space for his huge IT lifestyle. JB is lounging around in the Caribbean and SW has a view of Sydney's deux grandes dames. Christian chose the cheapest and Latin basically a brothel but money wasn't the issue and Latin, you're in isolation so no sex for you. Francois didn't play the game properly so he's going to a small guesthouse in Merthyr Tydfil run by a drunk and lonely spinster.

francois
February 13th, 2021, 09:54
Francois didn't play the game properly so he's going to a small guesthouse in Merthyr Tydfil run by a drunk and lonely spinster.

Hotel California is located in Todos Santos, Baja Mexico.

mr giggles
April 11th, 2021, 12:17
malaysia hotel...have had such good coitus times in those rooms...think they coat the floors with some sort of aphrodisiac...

Well, I would agree the floors are sticky, and the bedspread practically walked out of the room.
:eek:

Uranus
April 11th, 2021, 16:52
It would have to be Malaysia Hotel. Boys lining up to knock on my door.