PDA

View Full Version : Telephone Bar at Breaking Point

Brad the Impala
February 9th, 2021, 04:31
Another gay business in trouble.

Chayanggurn Ardam, 54, the owner of Telephone Bar in Silom Soi 4, said he has now reached breaking point. His bar was heavily affected by the "service venue" ban in the first round during which he estimates he lost 90% of his customers, nearly all of whom were foreigners.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/business/2064135/round-2-hits-just-as-hard

StevieWonders
February 9th, 2021, 04:35
Some expats might suggest more specific reasons than the service venue ban for Telephone Bar’s problems. I couldn’t possibly comment.

Brad the Impala
February 9th, 2021, 04:47
I couldn’t possibly comment.

That's not like you!

What's the news at Balcony, wasn't that going bust too?

StevieWonders
February 9th, 2021, 04:53
That's not like you!

Balcony’s problems are largely financial, Telephone’s otherwise. Doubtless Patanawet whose life is so dull he deals in the minute details of Soi 4 bar staff meetings can update the Forum on whether 10 million is the latest figure being sought. In the meantime the kitchen staff there is minimal so waiting for your food is a multiple in time of how long it takes to consume it.

latintopxxx
February 9th, 2021, 10:05
...some of the comments here are very insensitive...this guys life is going down the drain...and all some can do is make bitchy comments..

Patanawet
February 9th, 2021, 15:19
That's not like you!

That news about Balcony was an unfounded and untrue rumour.
I'm sorry but I can only report facts as I know them. I'm not interested in rumours.

I visited soi4 on Sunday night. It was quiet with the following establishments open:-

Balcony -- with a few terrace tables occupied and half a dozen customers inside.
Telephone -- with few customers.
Connections -- fairly busy for a small bar
Pride -- several customers.
Bas Bar -- open.
Banana terrace and Banana Room Club (upstairs) -- apparently open
Fork and Cork -- open.
'G's German Thai Restaurant.
Adam Massage -- open with staff sitting outside.
Tattoo business above the now closed Welcome bar.

Closed --

Strangers Bar
Jupiter
Welcome Bar
Sports on 4
Hugs Bar

I went to Balcony and was shown a rough of a new Vegetarian page for their menu. 30% discount on all food.

I was told that the entire soi was busy on Friday night. Quieter on Saturday and Sunday.
Coming Friday, is the first day of the official three day Chinese New Year holiday.

Let's hope for a busy and happy long weekend.

Most of the 'restaurants' got together to operate a delivery service. www.silommenu.com/restaurant/ (http://www.silommenu.com/restaurant/) .............. (whichever restaurant you want)

StevieWonders
February 9th, 2021, 15:36
That news about Balcony was an unfounded and untrue rumour.Unfounded AND untrue. Heavens.

Dodger
February 9th, 2021, 16:38
That news about Balcony was an unfounded and untrue rumour. I'm sorry but I can only report facts as I know them. I'm not interested in rumours.

Thanks for the factual update on Balcony...and glad to hear they're hanging in there.

Businesses like this are having a tough enough time keeping afloat as it is...and the last thing they need are loose-lipped rumors on a public forum potentially hurting them even more.

a447
February 10th, 2021, 15:54
Some off-topic posts have been removed from this thread.

They can be found here:

https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showthread.php?21890-Spillover-from-Telephone-Bar-at-Breaking-Point

A447

Patanawet
February 13th, 2021, 15:04
"Chayanggurn Ardam, 54, the owner of Telephone Bar in Silom Soi 4,"
Of really? Since when?
Maybe a purveyor of unreliable rumours can clear this up. Sadly, I won't see the reply as dealers in duff gen are on my ignore list.:))