PDA

View Full Version : At Last Some Good News For Pattaya

Manforallseasons
January 31st, 2021, 00:33
Bars to reopen: https://thepattayanews.com/2021/01/30/chonburi-public-relations-release-new-order-around-easing-covid-19-measures-and-closures-effective-monday-february-1st/

aot871
January 31st, 2021, 00:48
It's ok reopening the bars etc but apart from expats there's nobody to use them, so how many will,decide to stay closed

cdnmatt
January 31st, 2021, 00:59
Yeah, that whole week or two of a lockdown must have been really hard... whew...

gerefan2
January 31st, 2021, 01:03
Good. No more cups and two days to dry out before we can officially start drinking again!

gerefan2
January 31st, 2021, 01:04
Yeah, that whole week or two of a lockdown must have been really hard... whew...

Yes was hard.... it actually lasted over a month and blew out New Years Eve too. Was serious stuff!

dab69
January 31st, 2021, 04:14
Now if the locals will just go out and support the bars.
Less chance of CoVid in Pattaya than anywhere we are at.

a447
January 31st, 2021, 08:48
Yes was hard.... it actually lasted over a month and blew out New Years Eve too. Was serious stuff!

Your determination, along with that of goji, is admirable indeed!

StevieWonders
January 31st, 2021, 12:57
Your determination, along with that of goji, is admirable indeed!And just as you’re going into lockdown yourself a447?

a447
January 31st, 2021, 13:19
And just as you’re going into lockdown yourself a447?

Yep. I got an sms out of the blue from a friend. I was on my way to the supermarket at the time. By the time I got there - 10 minutes or so later - there was absolute mayhem. People were just going crazy.

But it comes as no surprise - it was just a matter of time. As I said earlier we can't afford to be complacent. Once you open the borders, you're basically fucked.

That's life! No big deal.

How long will the "good news" last for Pattaya?

Zebedee
January 31st, 2021, 13:55
Yep. I got an sms out of the blue from a friend. I was on my way to the supermarket at the time. By the time I got there - 10 minutes or so later - there was absolute mayhem. People were just going crazy.

But it comes as no surprise - it was just a matter of time. As I said earlier we can't afford to be complacent. Once you open the borders, you're basically fucked.

Not just any old Covid for us here in Perth,oh no, top shelf stuff for us!

"When the man was working at this hotel, there were four active cases of COVID-19 in hotel quarantine. Of those four cases, we have at least three confirmed variant strains, two UK and one South Africa," he said.
"We are told the guard was working on the same floor as a positive UK variant case."
He said the guard completed two 12 hour shifts on both the 26th and 27 January.

What is it with security guards, the guys are there to police the infected travellers, yet as in Melbourne they are the very ones that end up spreading it!

https://www.9news.com.au/national/wa-records-first-locally-acquired-covid19-case-in-almost-10-months-coronavirus-wa/c1393ff5-bc29-492b-b4de-61eb4e4065bb

StevieWonders
January 31st, 2021, 14:00
Yep. I got an sms out of the blue from a friend. I was on my way to the supermarket at the time. By the time I got there - 10 minutes or so later - there was absolute mayhem. People were just going crazy.If you’re looking for some reading matter to fill in the time, arsenal recommends Chariots of the Gods.

arsenal
January 31st, 2021, 15:56
Well as the subject came up I watched a docu last night on that very subject. Very very entertaining.. Watching these believers present their 'evidence' and stretching reality to breaking point was a lesson in rogue academia. One of them claimed that the carvings of a dragon were in fact a depiction of a space rocket. So yes, for entertainment value I do recommend Chariots of the Gods.

bkkguy
January 31st, 2021, 18:09
Watching these believers present their 'evidence' and stretching reality to breaking point was a lesson in rogue academia.

a bit like QAnoners trying to explain away their prophecy failure for inauguration day