PDA

View Full Version : NokAir - how do we pay for it?

August 12th, 2006, 01:38
i was trying to book a flight to phuket today with Nokair. Well, the web site told me that they could not process my international credit card (seems NokAir is not for tourists. i don't know how many tourists would have a Thai credit card. i guess you can physically go somewhere and hand them a stack of cash, but i would need a pretty long arm since i am not in thailand yet.). anyone has any idea how i can book a nokair flight before i go to thailand? thanks

August 12th, 2006, 02:38
I've bought tickets online using a UK credit card with no problem before. Have you tried a different card?

August 12th, 2006, 11:26
.... a similar problem with Bangkok air website in the past on a couple of occassions and so reverted to going to a travel agent (card declined but no reason given).

August 12th, 2006, 11:50
As I have no Thai credit cards (shudder) I always have to phone their Call Centre. As they have minimal English-speaking staff anyway, it's often a 10 minute wait Or more). I've had to call twice from overseas. They are not really geared up for overseas-based Internet bookings, and I'm afraid phone is the only way unless you go through a travel agent

August 12th, 2006, 11:53
Nok Air is a two-bit offshoot of Thai Air whose main purpose is to provide a use for their clapped out 737s. Absolutely every expense has been spared, including investment in a functional internet booking system. You can phone them and make a booking that way - though this too is an arduous process. Still, if you use skype or an international phone card it won't cost much. A better bet, if they do flights to the destination you have in mind, is to use Air asia www.airasia.com (http://www.airasia.com) whose website will accept any visa or mastercard, who are usually cheaper than Nok, and who now use mostly new planes.

August 12th, 2006, 11:55
whose website will accept any visa or mastercard, who are usually cheaper than Nok, and who now use mostly new planes.And whose reputation for poor on-time arrival/departure statistics for domestic Thai flights is second to none

August 12th, 2006, 12:21
I've now made 79 flights with Air Asia, both domestic and international. So far I've had:

cancellations: 0

Delays over 2 hours: 0

Delays 1-2 hours: 1

Delays 30 mins - 59 mins: 3

Delays 10-30 mins: too numerous to remember.

This record is probably consistent with what Homintern says, but if I can continue to get away within 30 mins of the scheduled departure time 95% of the time I can live with it.

TrongpaiExpat
August 12th, 2006, 13:14
I had the same problem here in Bangkok, the web site would not accept my international credit card. I then tried with a Thai Visa card and it still would not accept. I called Nok and the phone booking price was 800B more per segments. The person on the phone, spoke Thai only and said wait 30 minuets and try again to the give time for the web site to reset. That did not work either. They told me to call my Thai bank.

I called the bank and they said that maybe since I was a farang the Nok computer thinks that it's an international card. They have to be guessing here.

I called again and Nok told me to go to a travel agency. I did and they quoted the same price as the phone booking.

I almost gave up on Nok and then went to the airport and at the Nok counter in less than 1 minute, I had two RT tickets at the web price. That's the way you did it before the internet.

August 12th, 2006, 23:07
I've bought tickets online using a UK credit card with no problem before. Have you tried a different card?

Yes, I used different cards, but all US cards. then i sent NokAir an email, they replied today. They won't take any international cards for now. if you want to book a kNOcK flight you will need to go through a process like you are applying a government job. Sometimes i wonder who is the customer here? hmmm, anyways ... i am attaching the email from KnockAir for those of you who wish to go through the procedure, please let me know if you have any better luck.

============

Dear Valued customer,

We would like to apologize at this moment in time in not being able to process your international credit cards. Currently we are in the process of rectifying the credit card fraud system to be more effective. Therefore, we can presently process only the domestic Thailand issued VISA/MASTER cards on our system.

The new system being process is a new system that can protect you and us. Credit card frauds are on the increase, and many legitimate customers of ours (who had their credit cards stolen) are now using the cards to purchase tickets. Even with the world class booking system such as ours, there are still many cases of such activities being recognized. That is the reason why our new anti-fraud system will be in place soon. Mean while, we would like to apologize to you if thereтАЩs any inconvenience on your part in trying to book our flights. Once our new system is place, international credit cards booking can resume as normal. Again, we would like to apologize for this inconvenience.

How to continue from here?

For Thai domestic customers; please call to call center at 1318 or 662 9009955 which is available for all oversea calls(operating hours :8.00am тАУ 5.00pm) Our staff would assist you with other payment alternatives such as 7-11(Counter Service Plus) or at ATM belonging to Siam Commercial banks, Krungthai Bank. From there you will receive a booking code once the transactions at any of the outlets have been completed. ThatтАЩs all you need to get before taking your flight.

For Over seas customers

For over seas customers who continue to wish to make a booking with us, please kindly submit the following documents to our Customer Interaction Center staff via Tel.662 627 2622 fax no.662-286-9832 or send email to the address of nokservice@nokair.co.th
With the attachment as following:

1) Copy if the ID card of the credit card holder
2) Copy of the front page of the credit card that you wish to order Nok Flights
3) CVV number (the last 3 digits on the back of the credit card.
4) Name/ contact number / email address.

Once all the documents are completed our staff will complete your reservation and payment.

Once again, we would like to apologize for any inconvenience. Please do not hesitate to contact us via the above email address or telephone number if there are any questions pertaining to the reserving your seats on Nok air.

Sincerely Yours

Nok Air management.

llz
August 12th, 2006, 23:40
They won't take any international cards for now. if you want to book a kNOcK flight you will need to go through a process like you are applying a government job. Sometimes i wonder who is the customer here? hmmm, anyways ... i am attaching the email from KnockAir for those of you who wish to go through the procedure, please let me know if you have any better luck.

Same answer one month ago when I wanted a fly to Hat Yai. Finally I booked with Air Asia which was one hour late but I can do with that.
One-Two-Go is another good option, I fled with them for the return journey (from Surat Thani) and despite bad reports I found them welcoming, cheap (same prices as Nok) and on-time.

August 12th, 2006, 23:44
This record is probably consistent with what Homintern says, but if I can continue to get away within 30 mins of the scheduled departure time 95% of the time I can live with it.All you have to do is check their own Web site. Interestingly they don't break it down between Thai domestic and "other"
http://www.airasia.com/site/en/page.jsp ... Statistics (http://www.airasia.com/site/en/page.jsp?reference=PerformanceStatistics)

wowpow
August 13th, 2006, 05:15
There seems to have been some hiccup with International Credit cards on Domestic flights. I thought that they had all sorted it out but Nok Air are late.
There are plenty of flights to Phuket on other airlines so just choose one of them.

August 13th, 2006, 09:08
Yes, it's not a very impressive record by that measure - though I'd be much more interested to read different airlines' statistics for cancelled and seriously delayed flights. Those are the things that cause you real grief - missed appointments, missed connections, even the need to abandon a trip altogether. (NOK air flights from Udon Thaini to Chiang Mai seem often to get cancelled and they only run twice a week).

If I have onward connections to make at my destination, I always add an hour to the scheduled arrival time, so a delay of less than an hour is only a minor inconvenience. Less than half an hour I barely even notice given all the other irritations and delays one encounters with air travel these days. Thank god I'm not flying out of Heathrow at the moment.

TrongpaiExpat
August 13th, 2006, 19:40
Same answer one month ago when I wanted a fly to Hat Yai

Same answer I got 9 months ago.

Once the new airport is up and running everything will be fixed and life will be pleasent.