PDA

View Full Version : Foreign man dies after falling from Pattaya condo following argument with partner

Newbie99
January 9th, 2021, 18:31
https://thepattayanews.com/2021/01/09/australian-man-dies-after-falling-from-pattaya-condo-following-argument-with-partner-police-investigating/

Unfortunate

Nirish guy
January 9th, 2021, 19:24
"Lt. Col. Sombat ordered Somphoth temporarily detained in order to interview him at further length at the Pattaya police station but noted that so far Somphoth was being cooperative and there was no reason not to believe his version of events."

So, thats all ok then ......so the conversation must have gone something like this then ....... Officer -'" Hey happened here !!??" .... Laos suspect "He jumped honest officer, I definitely didn't push him after a big argument or anything "........Officer - "ha, ok, I see, well thanks very much for cooperating so easily, right well I see no reason not to believe you now after you cooperating so well, so, thanks, all the best, you're free to go"

goji
January 9th, 2021, 21:00
Where I come from, suicide reports are rare. When they do happen, it's usually an overdose, hanging or something more exotic like plumbing a car exhaust into the passenger compartment. Jumping off a tower block is very rare and I can't recall reading about such a case.

Yet when Caucasians move to Pattaya, it seems to be very common.

I would just be very careful about who would profit when one passes away. Incentives matter.

StevieWonders
January 10th, 2021, 03:55
A Lao suspect is OK. If Burmese he’d already be locked up.

cdnmatt
January 10th, 2021, 03:57
Suicide or murder? Now that's the question...

arsenal
January 10th, 2021, 08:30
Is that why you sensibly chose a bungalow Matt? Never quite sure that Leo from Lao wouldn't turf you off the terrace for Barry from Bangor and nick all your Bitcoins.

Nirish guy
January 10th, 2021, 08:39
Speaking of which you must be super rich / very happy again now Matt when looking at the crazy price jump in Bitcoin again !!!?

Armando
January 10th, 2021, 09:22
So the Flying Farang syndrome strikes again. Odd sort of relationship with lots of drinking, drunk farang, arguments a common feature, third time threatening to jump ... I'd believe the Lao bf. Sadly the Austrian/Australian is around to confirm the sequence of events.

dinagam
January 10th, 2021, 10:05
So he departed speedily without having to endure pain and suffering and in the state of shock for no more than ten minutes.

Newbie99
January 10th, 2021, 10:14
The railings on my condo are so high that it would take 2 people to lift me up and over them.

a447
January 10th, 2021, 11:27
The railings on my condo are so high that it would take 2 people to lift me up and over them.

In that case, I suggest you stay away from threesomes!

StevieWonders
January 10th, 2021, 12:19
The railings on my condo are so high that it would take 2 people to lift me up and over them.Is anyone willing to join me in crowdfunding an experiment to verify this?

latintopxxx
January 10th, 2021, 15:14
im sure your long term boyfriend could rustle up a friend or 2...

Nirish guy
January 10th, 2021, 18:39
So ......arguments a common feature, third time threatening to jump ... I'd believe the Lao bf.

Hmmm so why based on your reasoning and powers of deduction am I thinking that you and Sherlock Holmes might not hit it off that well together somehow !? :-)

Armando
January 10th, 2021, 19:25
Hmmm so why based on your reasoning and powers of deduction am I thinking that you and Sherlock Holmes might not hit it off that well together somehow !? :-)
LOL! Given that the legendary sleuth was addicted to alcohol, tobacco and cocaine, I wonder how many of his adventures were real and how many imaginary!!

goji
January 10th, 2021, 21:03
I'd believe the Lao bf.

I'd want to know who is the beneficiary of the Will.

a447
January 10th, 2021, 22:49
If you decide to leave something to a partner about whom you are not too sure - e.g. you are arguing a lot and relationship problems are beginning to appear - it is probably better to not tell him. Let him get a surprise, good or bad, when you go.

Not only is it a good way to keep him keen, telling him the will is signed and sealed means maybe your fate is, too.

I imagine those in a genuine loving relationship would have nothing to worry about.

Zebedee
January 10th, 2021, 23:22
telling him the will is signed and sealed means maybe your fate is, too.

That is certainly food for thought. LOL

latintopxxx
January 11th, 2021, 00:55
...far tooooo much speculation...as usual...

goji
January 11th, 2021, 07:42
...far tooooo much speculation...as usual...

What we do know is reports of people jumping off balconies are rare at home, but fairly common in Pattaya. So some further thought and discussion is helpful.

latintopxxx
January 11th, 2021, 08:24
guess u do have a point...

Nirish guy
January 11th, 2021, 16:24
What we do know is reports of people jumping off balconies are rare at home, but fairly common in Pattaya. So some further thought and discussion is helpful.

If only to remind us all maybe NOT to walk out onto our balcony's when in the middle of a blazing row with our boyfriend - and especially if and when he knows he's in the will / you have life insurance / your is already pension signed over to him perhaps !

Brad the Impala
January 11th, 2021, 18:18

Most people have a support system, family, friends, colleagues in their home country. However many expats don't/can't replace that network when they move to somewhere like Pattaya. They are so emotionally, and perhaps financially, invested in that move, and perhaps invested in an individual as a partner, that when it doesn't work out the overwhelming sense of failure is too much, and makes a return to their own country impossible. The jump is the out.

Not every faller is thrown.

catawampuscat
January 11th, 2021, 19:35
Most people have a support system, family, friends, colleagues in their home country. However many expats don't/can't replace that network when they move to somewhere like Pattaya. They are so emotionally, and perhaps financially, invested in that move, and perhaps invested in an individual as a partner, that when it doesn't work out the overwhelming sense of failure is too much, and makes a return to their own country impossible. The jump is the out.

Not every faller is thrown.

Flying Farangs are often broke, deep in credit card debt and have exhausted all other options. No doubt some are intoxicated or
fighting with boy/girl friends. Without any statistical evidence, my guess is the majority of jumpers are suicidal.
Some have advanced cancers and are in terrible pain.

Zebedee
January 11th, 2021, 19:54
Makes me embarrassed that I bought into the conspiracy theory so easily...not that it doesn't happen... but as Brad the Impala and catawampuscat have pointed out,there are other more plausible explanations for such tragedies.

RIP