PDA

View Full Version : The Pulse of Pattaya

Marc K
January 6th, 2021, 03:27
This is directed to folks on the ground in Pattaya --

Hi guys,
How would you characterize the atmosphere in Pattaya now? It's obviously a tough time for many/most of Pattaya's denizens. What is the attitude (of expats and of Thais) -- resolve to get through this, resignation to the tragedy, any resort to crime (do you feel less safe these days?), is the Thai spirit of cooperation keeping its cohesiveness?, is there more panhandling/begging? ...?

Just what is going on there? Please help us refugees who are outside Pattaya at the moment sense what the mood is there, ok? :heart::heart::heart:

StevieWonders
January 6th, 2021, 04:18
... the Thai spirit of cooperationThanks for this morning’s laugh, Marc.

I’m just not sure how one would discover “the” mood of anyone. I imagine there’s the same mixture of optimism, fear, uncertainty, doubt that’s present in every population worldwide at the moment. Oh, and I also forgot “denial”, a characteristic certainly present in our 2G travellers whose current excuse (“I’m only here to avoid the English winter”) is somewhat reminiscent of my brother’s claim to “only read Playboy for the articles”.

francois
January 6th, 2021, 13:32
Resignation to the tragedy of Covid with some hope for a vaccine.

Manforallseasons
January 6th, 2021, 13:36
More desperate boys and no competition! Cheaper rents, restaurants, everything.......

Moses
January 6th, 2021, 13:46
Please help us refugees who are outside Pattaya at the moment sense what the mood is there, ok? :heart::heart::heart:

latintopxxx
January 7th, 2021, 02:16
what a depressing photo...place is completely dark and empty...in my 20 or so years of visiting Pattaya have never seen it like this...