View Full Version : Thailand Still A Safe Haven From Covid?

Manforallseasons
January 1st, 2021, 21:48
Covid infections have continued to spread in the Kingdom at a rate not seen before. Vaccines won’t come anytime soon, I fear this marks the beginning of a major health problem in a land that had been praised for its handling of the crisis.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2043939/govt-secures-2m-early-covid-vaccine-doses

arsenal
January 2nd, 2021, 07:24
Sadly I think you're probably right. Everywhere must close said the Thai govt before allowing restaurants to open. The Rayong governor was saying that people could still come and go even as cases were rising there.

In the UK the population have shown themselves to have the responsibility of a bunch of kindergarten kids. 24 hours before lockdown in London and tens of thousands fled the city and headed to all points of the compass including to France.

Many countries banned flights from the UK when the new strain.appeared. Then they changed their minds and let them in.

None of the above is meant as a criticism of either govts or people. No govt is equipped to deal with this, there are no good decisions only less bad ones.

I'll finish this mini editorial with two points. One, the vaccines are here as is the Oxford 15 minute test so the corner has been turned. And two, I read that Lord Alan Sugar's brother and sister died. Both in their 80s but their deaths are being put down solely to the virus. The death figures on this have been horribly slanted and are entirely inaccurate.

cdnmatt
January 2nd, 2021, 07:58
that Lord Alan Sugar's brother and sister died. Both in their 80s but their deaths are being put down solely to the virus. The death figures on this have been horribly slanted and are entirely inaccurate.

I agree, just in the opposite way. There's researchers and data scientists doing the work now, but it will probably be another 5 or 10 years before we get a good idea of the ral number of deaths.

For example, they will take a look at one small city, and check the number of death certificates issues. In 2019, only 120 death certificates for the city, but in 2020 a whopping 4000 death certificates were issued. However, only 120 KoVid deaths reported. There's a disrepancy somewhere there. I won't say which country this was in, because it's happening all over the world.

All you have to do is keep an eye on the US statistics to know they're very under reported. Well, unless KoVid is courteous to take every weekend and holiday off, because the numbers always drop by around 60% and they don't get added when the weekdays begin again. Where I am in Canada they take the weekend off too, but on Monday we get three days worth of numbers, whereas in the US numbers they just pretent the weekend never happened.

Even just common sense says this is a huge problem. Don't think it's often that Los Angeles simply runs out of hospital beds to the points some hospitals are turning away ambulances, running out of oxygen, and converting gift shops and chapels into ICUs.

Zebedee
January 2nd, 2021, 08:20
It seems some european countries are being swamped by the new uk strain and cannot record the new infections quickly enough if at all. This is a whole different danger,and close to complete loss of control. The vaccine roll out now is the only ray of hope!
Those farang living in Thailand may now not feel so secure, especially if "trapped" there.

Goji and Gerefan2 , you both should consider your situations carefully before Thailand enters a complete lockdown.

Armando
January 2nd, 2021, 09:07
A second stage was probably inevitable as Thailand slowly opened up. But as has been said here and as is all over Thai social media, the government should be lined up and shot for its utter ineptitude in not realising that the fish market was bound to become a flashpoint. With up to 400,000 immigrant workers of whom half are likely illegals, the total failure to institute regular testing at an early stage puts the country back virtually at square one. A quick look at what happened in Singapore more than 8 months ago gave the government plenty of warning, but corruption always rules the day in Thailand.

goji
January 2nd, 2021, 10:18
I had written a proper reply to this.
However, the useless Android version of the board interface deletes my post when I try to edit it.

StevieWonders
January 2nd, 2021, 11:05
A quick look at what happened in Singapore more than 8 months ago gave the government plenty of warning, but corruption always rules the day in Thailand.What happened in Singapore? Let me think now. Ah yes, legal migrants readily identifiable were infected while living in their legal, readily identifiable dormitories. Very very similar to Thailand then?

Moggy
January 2nd, 2021, 13:15
What do you mean the UK strain it most likely mutated every where its just the UK has the technology and resources to detect it.
https://www.fnlondon.com/articles/a-third-new-covid-19-variant-has-been-detected-in-the-ukheres-what-you-need-to-know-20201223
https://medicalxpress.com/news/2020-12-uk-virus-strain-germany-november.html

Zebedee
January 2nd, 2021, 13:24
"If minks weren’t enough, attention has turned to a new strain of the virus that emerged in the United Kingdom, reported to be more transmissible than its counterparts. B.1.1.7., as the mutation is known, has prompted global chaos reminiscent of mid-March and led more than 50 countries to ban travel with the U.K. While B.1.1.7. is not reported to affect the severity of infection, it is much more transmissible than the standard variant of COVID-19—and has rapidly become the preeminent strain in southern England. A different strain—which shares a mutation with the U.K. strain—appears to have evolved separately in South Africa, where it has similarly become dominant."

https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/12/29/covid-19-mutations-minks-denmark-britain-vaccine-efficacy/

Granted it seems to be everywhere now.

Zebedee
January 2nd, 2021, 13:34
What do you mean the UK strain it most likely mutated every where its just the UK has the technology and resources to detect it.
https://www.fnlondon.com/articles/a-third-new-covid-19-variant-has-been-detected-in-the-ukheres-what-you-need-to-know-20201223
https://medicalxpress.com/news/2020-12-uk-virus-strain-germany-november.html

"The variant was found in an elderly patient with underlying health conditions who has since died. His wife was also infected but survived.
The couple caught the virus after their daughter returned from a trip to Britain in mid-November, where she "in all likelihood" became infected with the new strain, the statement said."
From the link you provided Moggy -- https://medicalxpress.com/news/2020-...-november.html

This was not meant as "slight" on the UK by the way. As Steviewonder has said the virus was expected to mutate anyway...this variant seems to have occurred in the UK.

Armando
January 2nd, 2021, 17:18
What happened in Singapore? Let me think now. Ah yes, legal migrants readily identifiable were infected while living in their legal, readily identifiable dormitories. Very very similar to Thailand then?
Yes, of course it is similar. A huge concentration of immigrant workers that was known about, not tested and conveniently forgotten. True, Singapore did not have illegals in its group, but it had totally forgotten that those in that group represented a potentially dangerous cluster. It turned out far worse.

It is inconceivable that Thailand was not perfectly well aware of the Singapore case which occurred around the end of April. The Thai government has been aware for decades about the fishing industry employing vast number of immigrants. Forget about the illegals (although the possibility that even just one slipped across the border was in itself a major danger). Red lights should have been flashing since May. But corruption rules that industry and despite it being perfectly clear it represented the potential for a major outbreak, it was just swept under the carpet. No regular testing. So all the good that the government has done - which was a great deal - has been pretty much a waste.

The same is true of the illegal gambling den in Rayong. Near the start of the outbreak in Thailand, one source of many cases was an illegal Thai boxing match in Bangkok. The arena where it was held was run by a member of the army. Now we know that several senior police commanders were perfectly well aware of that gambling den and did absolutely nothing about it. No doubt they were blinded by brown packets. Now they have been reassigned when they should have been fired. Corruption rules.

goji
January 2nd, 2021, 22:02
This was not meant as "slight" on the UK by the way. As Steviewonder has said the virus was expected to mutate anyway...this variant seems to have occurred in the UK.

The variant was most likely to have been detected in the UK, as the UK is doing about 46% of the global monitoring and genome sequencing. If other countries don't bother to measure, they don't detect !

Reminds me of Spanish Flu. Known as such because Spain was one of the few countries not censoring flu reports during WW1.

Oh and when the virus starts off in China, it is given a neutral name, rather than "Wuhan Chinese Bat Flu". The new variant is called the UK strain, despite the UK now being the top contributing country to the WHO.
The Chinese have so much influence there, despite other countries paying the bills

Marc K
January 3rd, 2021, 07:00
The variant was most likely to have been detected in the UK, as the UK is doing about 46% of the global monitoring and genome sequencing. If other countries don't bother to measure, they don't detect !

Reminds me of Spanish Flu. Known as such because Spain was one of the few countries not censoring flu reports during WW1.

Oh and when the virus starts off in China, it is given a neutral name, rather than "Wuhan Chinese Bat Flu". The new variant is called the UK strain, despite the UK now being the top contributing country to the WHO.
The Chinese have so much influence there, despite other countries paying the bills

Goji, please forgive me, but what the hell does it matter who contributes the most to the WHO? These event nicknames do not come about with some sort of derogatory intent. Let's call it the "banana strain", if you prefer, it really doesn't matter. The media picks up on common usage. And you are right, Spain has been stigmatized for a century because of the last "flu".

So let's stop the China-bashing and whoever-bashing. Let's figure out how a people facing a common crisis can get ourselves out of this mess in the most efficient, civilized manner possible.

Anyway you put yourself in this mess by insisting, in the middle of the world's greatest health crisis in over a century, on traveling across the world. Not the cleverest of decisions, not even given you were trying to escape the intolerable English winter.

StevieWonders
January 3rd, 2021, 07:41
Goji, please forgive me, but what the hell does it matter who contributes the most to the WHO?You’ve not heard the saying “He who pays the piper ...”?

goji
January 3rd, 2021, 10:37
If the UK government is pouring more money into the WHO than any other nation, as British taxpayer I'm entitled to comment.
All we get in return is the terrible health advice from the WHO and they know tow to China, not their main contributor.

The WHO argued against stopping flights out of China in Jan 2020. The same people took months to recommend face masks. Their advice has been worse than useless.

wingnut
January 3rd, 2021, 12:43
Isn't the WHO under the control of the Chinese government?

Moses
January 3rd, 2021, 13:41
The new variant is called the UK strain, despite the UK now being the top contributing country to the WHO.

Did you made fact-checking?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/niallmccarthy/2020/04/08/which-countries-are-the-biggest-financial-contributors-to-the-world-health-organization-infographic/?sh=7078356a494c

Brad the Impala
January 3rd, 2021, 15:02
Moses, those are the required contributions assessed on a countries wealth.

There are also the voluntary contributions, these are those from 2018-19, which shows that the UK is indeed the top contributing country, at least until the USA starts paying again. Scroll down to Voluntary contributions https://www.who.int/about/funding

Here is an article on the subject of increased UK contributions. https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/sep/25/uk-to-become-whos-largest-state-donor-with-30-funding-increase

Moses
January 3rd, 2021, 16:53
Moses, those are the required contributions assessed on a countries wealth.

There are also the voluntary contributions, these are those from 2018-19, which shows that the UK is indeed the top contributing country, at least until the USA starts paying again. Scroll down to Voluntary contributions https://www.who.int/about/funding

Here is an article on the subject of increased UK contributions. https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/sep/25/uk-to-become-whos-largest-state-donor-with-30-funding-increase

Voluntary contribution is on your govt... you should ask them why they did it... by the way Gates's Fund pays more than UK in total.

goji
January 3rd, 2021, 18:01
Voluntary contribution is on your govt... you should ask them why they did it... by the way Gates's Fund pays more than UK in total.

I said the UK is pouring more money in than any other NATION. Bill Gates is not a nation.
As the US has stopped funding, then with voluntary contributions, the UK is the largest contributor.
So would you like to revise your "Fact Check"?

I would like to know why we pay so much.
If the WHO was well managed and gave good advice, I would have no issue with it. However, even I could figure out things like stopping travel out of China last January, but they screwed up.

Brad the Impala
January 3rd, 2021, 18:50
Voluntary contribution is on your govt.

For some it is a matter of pride how much our country contributes rather than how little.

cdnmatt
January 3rd, 2021, 18:52
hy we pay so much.
If the WHO was well managed and gave good advice, I would have no issue with it. However, even I could figure out things like stopping travel out of China last January, but they screwed up.

The reason they were a little overly cautious at the beginning was because of the number of times world governments and businesses jumped down their throats for prematurely raising warning alarms about a possible pandemic. You know, Swine Flu, MERS, Ebola, etc.

Those didn't turn into widespread global pandemics, so governments and businesses across the world gave the WHO shit for causing a disturbance to their lives, and told them going forward to keep their mouth shut unless it's actually serious or else financial support would begin disappearing. Besides, the WHO were warning of a pandemic back in February.

Not to mention, what exactly did you want them to do? The WHO doesn't have any power to compel governments to do anything. What? Should folks at the WHO should have sat down with Trump, Johnson, Putin and others back in January and told them they need to mandate masks for their populations so KoVid-19 doesn't get out of control? Yeah, I'm sure that meeting would have went splendidly, and definitely achieved results.

cdnmatt
January 3rd, 2021, 19:10
Here's a warning from the WHO, and just give days ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNXw_gSeGHY

Zebedee
January 3rd, 2021, 19:31
Here's a warning from the WHO, and just give days ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNXw_gSeGHY

Thank you cdnmatt, perfect timing as well! Something that hopefully will inspire us all to unite for a higher purpose.

goji
January 3rd, 2021, 22:33
Not to mention, what exactly did you want them to do? The WHO doesn't have any power to compel governments to do anything.
I know. I never mentioned compulsion.
What I expect the WHO to do is stop giving out TERRIBLE advice and either shut up or give out some sensible advice.

The countries who fund this ought to consider having Tedross fired.

siscu58
January 3rd, 2021, 22:40
the UK is the largest contributor.

I would like to know why we pay so much.

Well, maybe the UK is the largest contributor in funds. But the UK is also the main contributor to the expansion of the virus currently, at least in Europe. The UK mutated specimen is spreading quickly around Europe. Maybe this is why it is the main contributor?

Manforallseasons
January 3rd, 2021, 22:47
Well, maybe the UK is the largest contributor in funds. But the UK is also the main contributor to the expansion of the virus currently, at least in Europe. The UK mutated specimen is spreading quickly around Europe. Maybe this is why it is the main contributor?

Your rationale kind of puts the horse behind the cart.

arsenal
January 3rd, 2021, 23:02
I was under the impression that the mutated version started in mink in Denmark.

cdnmatt
January 3rd, 2021, 23:03
I know. I never mentioned compulsion.
What I expect the WHO to do is stop giving out TERRIBLE advice and either shut up or give out some sensible advice.

The countries who fund this ought to consider having Tedross fired.

You might aswell just blame Goldilocks and the Three Bears for KoVid-19. That's about the equivalent of blaming the WHO, although not as disparaging considering the amount of good the WHO does for the world.

Seriously, if the WHO began raising huge red flags back in January, do you really think any governments out there would have listened? Of course not, as politicians aren't going to damage the economy because of small small virush brush up on the other side of the world. Hell, 11 months in and there's still tons of people just calling it the flu and pushing for all out open economies.

Pandemics happen, deal with it. It's nobody's fault, and is just part of the human condition and being a guest to mother nature's planet.

cdnmatt
January 4th, 2021, 10:41
https://in.reuters.com/article/health-coronavirus-thailand/thailand-reports-315-new-coronavirus-cases-in-second-wave-idINKBN29803O

855 new cases on Sunday alone (315 official tally + 541 in Samut Sakhon that will be added to Monday tally). That's no good.

The country also reported its first known case of a more contagious variant of the coronavirus called B.1.1.7 on Sunday, Yong Poovorawan, a senior virologist from Chulalongkorn University in Bangkok, said in a post on his official Facebook page.

The variant was found in a family of four who were in quarantine after arriving in Thailand from Britain

Well, that's not going to help Thai's image of Brits in the country.

goji
January 4th, 2021, 11:45

The origins of the mutation are unknown. The UK detected it due to having the most active sequencing programme on the planet, doing almost half the global sequencing.

Don't let me stop you shooting the messenger though.

Also, a South African mutation is worse (who knows where that started)

arsenal
January 4th, 2021, 12:16
Currently the UK is the only country mass vaccinating with not one but two vaccines that most would believe work. Gotta say the govt did good and it had the added benefit or irritating the Americans and the Germans.

cdnmatt
January 4th, 2021, 12:18
Currently the UK is the only country mass vaccinating with not one but two vaccines that most would believe work. Gotta say the govt did good and it had the added benefit or irritating the Americans and the Germans.

Israel is leading the charge with 12% of its population already vaccinated.

dinagam
January 4th, 2021, 12:23

Soon you will see some remarkable effects of the vaccines on the British population...

Patanawet
January 4th, 2021, 12:24
What a ridiculous comment.
I expect you also think that Spain caused the 1918 virus pandemic.

Moses
January 4th, 2021, 14:10

No. Russia. Since Dec 21 two vaccines, both Russian. China since Dec 24, both Chinese. UK is third.

Manforallseasons
January 4th, 2021, 14:17
No. Russia. Since Dec 21 two vaccines, both Russian. China since Dec 24, both Chinese. UK is third.

It is difficult to believe anything coming from Russia......yeah and Putin had nothing to do with the attempted murder of Alexei Navalny....Lol

Russian doctors who complained about conditions in hospitals treating Covid patients mysteriously fall out windows......you couldn’t make this up!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/europe/three-russian-doctors-have-fallen-from-hospital-windows-in-two-weeks-amid-reports-of-dire-conditions/2020/05/06/c3ca73f4-8f88-11ea-a9c0-73b93422d691_story.html

Zebedee
January 4th, 2021, 14:22
It is difficult to believe anything coming from Russia......yeah and Putin had nothing to do with the attempted murder of Alexei Navalny....Lol

Stick to posting news links MFAS, that doesn't require too many brain cells!

arsenal
January 4th, 2021, 14:47
Moses. That's why I said "most would believe work". Few believe anything Russia or China says.

Moses
January 4th, 2021, 14:58

Russian doctors who complained about conditions in hospitals treating Covid patients mysteriously fall out windows......you couldn’t make this up!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/europe/three-russian-doctors-have-fallen-from-hospital-windows-in-two-weeks-amid-reports-of-dire-conditions/2020/05/06/c3ca73f4-8f88-11ea-a9c0-73b93422d691_story.html

Oh, dear, it is just competition. By the way: Sinopharm from China has already over 1 mln injections. But you may continue to dream what USA is still #1 in World...

By the way: why you believe what Russian hackers made intrusion into most secure US agencies? Why you believe what Navalniy was poisoned? Why You believe what Skripals were poisoned? Your words "It is difficult to believe anything coming from Russia", right?

Moses
January 4th, 2021, 14:59
Moses. That's why I said "most would believe work". Few believe anything Russia or China says.

Yes, I understand. Believers have no logic and don't see facts. They are believers - they are blind.

Zebedee
January 4th, 2021, 15:19

Irritate the Germans and the Americans! Seriously arsenal. The first vaccine used by the UK, was a joint US /German vaccine!

November 2020
"The GERMAN company BioNTech and the US pharmaceutical giant Pfizer announced via a press release on Monday that their jointly developed vaccine candidate had outperformed expectations in the crucial phase 3 trials, proving 90% effective in stopping people from falling ill." --- https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/nov/12/scientist-behind-biontech-pfizer-coronavirus-vaccine-says-it-can-end-pandemic

arsenal
January 4th, 2021, 16:19
Yes Zebedee and it irritated the Germans when it was claimed to be a British success, by Boris I think. The triumph was in securing the numbers of vaccines they did.

The head of the FDA suggested the licence had been rushed even.going so far as to claim.his organisation was the "gold standard". The FDA that says how many bugs are allowed in orange juice. About a week later the drug was licenced in America.

Moses
January 4th, 2021, 16:47
The head of the FDA suggested the licence had been rushed even.going so far as to claim.his organisation was the "gold standard". The FDA that says how many bugs are allowed in orange juice. About a week later the drug was licenced in America.

I'm OK with Oxford and Sputnik - they both uses human adenovirus type 5 what is studied already over 50 years. I'm OK with Moderna's vaccine - it has no virus in it at all - just pieces what can't be really harm, just usual allergy is possible. All Chinese vaccines and second Russian vaccine are manufactured from died COVID by old conservative method what is known over 100 years. But Pfizer is "cooked" from live monkey's virus. And still is in trial. Who wrote here at summer what proper trial should be years? Good luck with Pfizer and monkey's virus guys...

cdnmatt
January 4th, 2021, 17:10
What the fuck is wrong with some people during this pandemic? Thumping your chests with national pride... "my country is better at the pandemic than your country!"

Talk about pathetically sad.

StevieWonders
January 4th, 2021, 17:20
But Pfizer is "cooked" from live monkey's virus. And still is in trial. Who wrote here at summer what proper trial should be years? Good luck with Pfizer and monkey's virus guys...

https://www.newsweek.com/fact-check-pfizer-covid-19-vaccine-halal-1555998

cdnmatt
January 4th, 2021, 17:55
I'm OK with Moderna's vaccine - it has no virus in it at all - just pieces what can't be really harm, just usual allergy is possible ...

But Pfizer is "cooked" from live monkey's virus. And still is in trial. Who wrote here at summer what proper trial should be years? Good luck with Pfizer and monkey's virus guys...

Holy Dunning-Kruger effect!

What the hell are you even talking about? Both, Pfizer and Moderna vaccines are mRNA, and have absolutely nothing to do with the vrius itself at all. Nothing. Both work basically exactly the same, and neither of them even really look at the virus.

Instead, you know that spike on the virus cells that it uses to hook into and hijack healthy cells? That's what those vaccines concentrate on, namely the S protein that is used to grow that spike.

Both of the vaccines simply contain messenger RNA that basically turns your body into its own factory, and teaches your body to make those spikes. Only the spikes though, and nothing about the actual virus that's attached to the spikes.

Your body then begins growing those spikes which are of no harm since there's no virus cell attached to them. After a while your immune system realizes those spikes are actually a foe, and begins fighting them off, and builds an immunity to them. This way, if and when the actual virus does ever enter your system, your body will immediately detect the S proteins as a foe and kill them

And that's the main reason people get sick with KoVid. When the virus first enters your body, your immune system doesn't know whether it's a friend or foe so basically just waits it out. KoVid then goes to town hijacking your cells and giving them instructions to replicate the virus, and by the time your immune system figures out it's a foe, it's already too late. With these vaccines though, your body will already be trained to immediately identify the virus as a foe, and with absolutely no live or inactive virus being used within the vaccines whatsoever.

cdnmatt
January 4th, 2021, 18:25
Here, this is a good video of how they developed the Pfizer vaccine, and how it works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-92HQA0GcI8

Zebedee
January 4th, 2021, 20:08
And here is a new Covid Test - oven ready!

Nirish guy
January 4th, 2021, 21:03
Quote Originally Posted by Moses
"But Pfizer is "cooked" from live monkey's virus."

https://www.newsweek.com/fact-check-pfizer-covid-19-vaccine-halal-1555998

So, in the interests of the rest of us who haven't a clue as to which one of the two views are correct ( as both could well be fake news / outright lies these days I guess) does anyone have any idea which IS correct - is the Pfizer vaccine made from fried monkeys ball bags or whatever it's claimed OR is it more a 'no monkeys nuts ( for example) have been used in the making of this vaccine" as obviously both statements cant be correct - or can they ??

arsenal
January 4th, 2021, 21:05
New Lock down measures announced for Scotland, the rest of the UK no doubt to follow soon. The lack of clarity would be considered satire if this wasn't the most serious time any of us will ever live through.

"Stay at home and only leave for an essential purpose, ie for caring responsibilities or essential shopping
Work from home unless it really is not possible
Businesses must look at moving as much as possible to being done from home
If you are shielding and you cannot work from home, it is advised that you do not work at all
Frequency of outdoor exercise is not being limited
However, rule on outdoor gatherings changes from six people to a maximum of two people from two households. Children under 11 do not count
If you live in a Level 4 area you cannot leave home unless it is essential. No one is allowed to travel into or out of Scotland unless it is for an essential purpose
Communal worship cannot take place but 20 people can attend a funeral and five can attend a wedding
There will be community and social support for those who need it."

Nirish guy
January 4th, 2021, 21:15
The lack of clarity would be considered satire .... "Stay at home and only leave for an essential purpose, ie ..... essential shopping"

I know you think they'd of just gone ahead and added in the "i.e Iron Brew or Special Brew" re the essential shopping part to avoid any confusion there.,,,,

On a more serious note I actually thought their way of putting things was better than Number 10's - none of this "stay home unless you cant and then definitely dont unless you do" nonsense - but more a general "look, we're bloody telling you, cut the crap, you know what we mean, now stay the fuck at home and stop trying to find ways round things you twats" - which IS what Boris' lot SHOULD have said from the very start ! Although I see Boris is due to "address the nation" at 8pm to tell us all what more lockdown is coming.....by the nation he does of course mean England !

Dont know about anywhere else in the UK but here in N.I it's annoyingly starting to turn into a reasonably sizeable chunk of the usual scum ball suspects of the population turning the rules into a game of "so watch how can we get round THIS one then" ! This of course being the same people who after partying all Christmas with numerous people in their houses have now taken down their Christmas tree and replaced it with the same "we support the NHS" Rainbow kids paintings that they had up before and all whilst posting on facebook "isn't this all terrible, I'm so done with Covid and just wish it was all over now" Selfish cunts the lot of them ! OK sorry, off topic rant over ! :)

arsenal
January 4th, 2021, 21:40
No. I think your rant is perfectly justified and not off topic as basically every thread is about this apocalyptic leviathan. Historians will be writing about this centuries from now.

cdnmatt
January 5th, 2021, 00:25
Quote Originally Posted by Moses
"But Pfizer is "cooked" from live monkey's virus."

So, in the interests of the rest of us who haven't a clue as to which one of the two views are correct ( as both could well be fake news / outright lies these days I guess) does anyone have any idea which IS correct - is the Pfizer vaccine made from fried monkeys ball bags or whatever it's claimed OR is it more a 'no monkeys nuts ( for example) have been used in the making of this vaccine" as obviously both statements cant be correct - or can they ??

No, it doesn't contain any monkey virus. Both, the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines are mRNA, and neither even protect against the virus itself. Instead, they both concentrate on protecting against the spikes / S protein, or in other words, the transportation mechanism the virus uses to get into your cells and body.

I don't know what a good analogy is. Think of it as if you were living in a city where a bunch of the residents wanted to kill you. One nefarious individual managed to get a copy of your house key, and went and made a bunch of copies he handed out to people. Instead of buying a bunch of guns and teaching yourself martial arts so you can defend yourself, you simply hired a security guard who stands at your door 24x7 and takes keys away from anyone who comes. Since nobody can even get inside your house, you don't have to worry about anyone causing problems.

This is also why they have to be stored at such cold temperatures. Anything less than that, and all the proteins / amino acids / whatever that are used as instructions to teach your body how to grow that spike get all bent and out of shape rendering them ineffective.

Nirish guy
January 5th, 2021, 00:55
No I got that Matt - actually that video you posted explained all that very well.

My query was more re Moses / Stevie Wonders post where they both stated directly opposite positions - one saying the vaccine was / wasn't Halal etc and did / did not contain money parts and all sorts etc.....so with both posts being almost the exact reverse of each other obviously both parties cant be right ( I would presume) hence me asking - ok so who's googling and who KNOWS perhaps ? :)

Marc K
January 5th, 2021, 04:27
>> How do mRNA vaccines work??

Hey guys I really don't care if those vaccines are made from smashed monkey balls or from Thai boy cum, if they WORK then that's all that matters! Do we have to have this board turn into a Virology-101 introductory class?? ;)

Nirish guy
January 5th, 2021, 05:01
I actually found Matt's video and Stevie Wonder and Moses posts about whether monkey cum or virgins piss or whatever it was was used to be quite interesting actually.......but hell if they wanted us all to get with the programme and take the vaccine like good boys all they had to do WAS to tell us that it had been made from Thai boy cum and half the board would have been fighting their way to the front of the queue no doubt :-)