PDA

View Full Version : Thai boy questions

StevieWonders
December 27th, 2020, 11:34
Remember those half-dozen questions every bar boy is trained to ask?

What's your name?
Where do you come from?
You come alone?
First time in Thailand?
Where's your hotel?
Can I go there with you?

For those of us who live here, the questions are somewhat different, but can be summed up in a single omnibus question:
Do you have a boyfriend?

It's usually intended to determine if you're possibly their meal ticket out of whoredom, so my inevitable answer is "Yes" and I pick a random town in Isaan where “he” happens to be. I set expectations right from the beginning

I find the best approach is to behave in the well-worn Thai tradition - multiple wives and mistresses,usually known to one another. It's then possible to enjoy them singly or in various different combinations. As for the cost, well, I try to be realistic. I've been here long enough to know that a boy - who will inevitably be sharing a room with a friend or two - can live fairly comfortably on 8,000 baht per month and I’m not expecting exclusivity. My pleasures cost me 40,000 baht a month.

How about you?

cdnmatt
December 27th, 2020, 13:10
Can you speak Thai at all?

latintopxxx
December 27th, 2020, 13:54
...why??? dont all the service providers speak english...

StevieWonders
December 27th, 2020, 14:51
Can you speak Thai at all?My oral skills are impeccable.

dinagam
December 27th, 2020, 14:58
My oral skills are impeccable.

Courtesy of Polident denture adhesive...

cdnmatt
December 27th, 2020, 15:00
My oral skills are impeccable.

Maybe learn some Thai, and you won't be so begrudged by the six questions anymore.

StevieWonders
December 27th, 2020, 15:09
Maybe learn some Thai, and you won't be so begrudged by the six questions anymore.
The verb “begrudge” does not use the passive voice as our esteemed English language teachers on the Forum can tell you.

a447
December 27th, 2020, 15:13
Remember those half-dozen questions every bar boy is trained to ask?

There's one more:

"How long you stay?"

Your answer will have him making some quick calculations on his possible income during your stay.

Before I found my regular guys my answer was always the same:

"Not sure. If I am happy I can stay long time. If not happy I will go home."

See? Two can play that game! Lol

arsenal
December 27th, 2020, 15:49
40000 baht a month!
1500 baht a time equals about 26 times!!!
Over a full day of action every month!!!!

You should be happier.

Smiles
December 27th, 2020, 16:36
The night I met Suphot in Bangkok (20 years ago) at my hotel his first sentence was "... would you like a massage?...".
After that he moved the conversation into certain interesting aspects of Nietzsche.

Watch out for those lists.

StevieWonders
December 27th, 2020, 17:22
The night I met Suphot in Bangkok (20 years ago) at my hotel his first sentence was "... would you like a massage?...".
After that he moved the conversation into certain interesting aspects of Nietzsche.

Watch out for those lists.I find a discussion of the Second Law of Thermodynamics a reliable icebreaker.

christianpfc
December 27th, 2020, 18:12
As for the cost, well, I try to be realistic. I've been here long enough to know that a boy - who will inevitably be sharing a room with a friend or two - can live fairly comfortably on 8,000 baht per month and I’m not expecting exclusivity. My pleasures cost me 40,000 baht a month.

How about you?
Some years ago, there were months where I spent more money on boys (9-10 kTHB per month) than on rent (8 kTHB).
But that has improved considerably and last year on average less than 5 kTHB per month spent on boys.
(For short time 500 THB for boys without exposure to Farang (not working in bars, poor or no English) and 1 kTHB for boys with exposure to Farang, i.e. those working in bars or speaking good English.)

Oliver2
December 27th, 2020, 21:06
Do not despair...the Thais pick-up English very quickly and can achieve astonishing levels when needs must. Country-boy P couldn't even attain the "where you come from?" level when we first met. He knew he had to learn and he did..
It's the same everywhere. The Nile felluca captain I met in Luxor went through seven languages for my entertainment , including basic Japanese. And the "services" provided were more than those of a sailing captain. Eager but not very competent, as I recall.

Marc K
December 28th, 2020, 02:41
The Nile felluca captain I met in Luxor went through seven languages for my entertainment , including basic Japanese. And the "services" provided were more than those of a sailing captain. Eager but not very competent, as I recall.

Ah those Nile felucca boys! Pleasant memories. I'd happily settle for an eager. incompetent captain over a competent one lacking vavoom! And, by the way, did you enjoy the Cairo Museum as well? Those 'friendly' guards in their pressed white uniforms were 'delightful' (to the eye)! I hope the new museum, if it ever opens, does carry this tradition forward!

Captain Swing
December 28th, 2020, 03:47

Watch out for those lists.

Boy, this post sure makes a lot more sense here than it did in the "Nice Boys" thread, where I first encountered it! Had me scratching my head there for a few minutes.

StevieWonders
December 28th, 2020, 04:23
40000 baht a month!
1500 baht a time equals about 26 times!!!
Over a full day of action every month!!!!

You should be happier.The intellectual “Bloomsbury Set” described their lives as “living in squares, painting in circles, loving in triangles”. Thinking in platitudes won’t qualify you for membership.