PDA

View Full Version : The End of Boystown?

Manforallseasons
December 26th, 2020, 07:50
https://www.gayguides.com/forums/topic/13375-boyzboyzboyz-in-pattaya-closed/

arsenal
December 26th, 2020, 10:29
In times of yore MFAS would have made a great town crier.
"Oyez, oyez, oyez.

DragonMaster
December 26th, 2020, 13:35
The post MFAS referenced is misleading at best and BS at worst. Here is a more enlightened reply from a reliable and trusted source.

We have no plans as yet, we currently open every day until the 3 Jan, then revert back to three days a week. Castro will be the same Panarama closes on Mondays. This will be reviewed in the new year
Boyz Boyz Boyz will reopen once the borders are open again.

Zebedee
December 26th, 2020, 13:50
I cannot blame the "Messenger" ,simply because the news is bad.
Lets face it,that news is not really surprising, but disappointing ...yes!

Brad the Impala
December 26th, 2020, 14:32
In times of yore MFAS would have made a great town crier.
"Oyez, oyez, oyez.

That would have been far too positive for MFAS. His calling cry would more likely have been ohno/ohno/ohno!

gerefan2
December 26th, 2020, 15:05
So in summary:

BBB...closed until tourists return............................................ .......... (no change)
Cupidol...open every day until 3 Jan. Actually open longer then..... (no change)
Panorama...closed Monday’s. .................................................. ........(no change)
Castro............................................ .................................................. (no change)
X boys.............................................. .................................................. (no change?)
Dynamite .................................................. .........................................(no change?)
Toyboys. Previously posted as reopening from 20 December

Is the above correct MFAS?

dinagam
December 26th, 2020, 15:32

It looks like he'll have to get back to his willy or williewilly whatever for confirmation.

JBC1
December 26th, 2020, 15:47
This is my understanding, can confirm certainly correct for Cupidol, Castro and Panorama

John

Oliver2
December 26th, 2020, 16:30
And Ambiance and Copa hotels?

JBC1
December 26th, 2020, 16:56
Copa Hotel currently closed until borders reopen. I will check tonight on Ambiance hotel

John

Manforallseasons
December 26th, 2020, 17:02
It looks like he'll have to get back to his willy or williewilly whatever for confirmation.

Lol, WillieWillie posts on this board as Catawumpuscat, he is a local expat who spends much of his time in Pattaya’s gay venues often in the company of Francois who is very well versed in the goings on here in Pattaya.

dab69
December 26th, 2020, 22:14
Glad to hear he supports local gay businesses.

Dodger
December 28th, 2020, 16:58
The "Balloon Chasers" must be on the verge of having nervous breakdowns.

catawampuscat
December 28th, 2020, 18:36
So in summary:

BBB...closed until tourists return............................................ .......... (no change)
Cupidol...open every day until 3 Jan. Actually open longer then..... (no change)
Panorama...closed Monday’s. .................................................. ........(no change)
Castro............................................ .................................................. (no change)
X boys.............................................. .................................................. (no change?)
Dynamite .................................................. .........................................(no change?)
Toyboys. Previously posted as reopening from 20 December

Only someone who hasn’t been to the Boyztown area boy bars would mention Dynamite, which has been closed for many many years.
Without tourists Boyztown is dead and over. Nobody knows if the bars will ever reopen. Some posters here clinging to the belief
trump will be inaugurated for 2nd term.

scottish-guy
December 28th, 2020, 23:06
Lol, WillieWillie posts on this board as Catawumpuscat..

Well, Well, Well .....never knew that.

Sometimes you have to wait YEARS for a picture to become clear - and that piece of information (if correct) explains a LOT!!

Incidentally, take me off the "members presumed dead" list, and MC&HNY to all.

:drink:

gerefan2
December 28th, 2020, 23:26
Only someone who hasn’t been to the Boyztown area boy bars would mention Dynamite, which has been closed for many many years..

Just a clerical error, obviously I meant Dream Boys. Thank you for the correction.

Manforallseasons
December 28th, 2020, 23:36
Incidentally, take me off the "members presumed dead" list, and MC&HNY to all.:drink:

You have your holidays confused, Easter celebrates the resurrection not Christmas!

Khor tose
December 28th, 2020, 23:59
You have your holidays confused, Easter celebrates the resurrection not Christmas!

No, it is Birth, or re-birth in Scotti's case. Yes, now that there is a withdrawal agreement, Scottish Independence is back in the news. Right on time, Scottish-guy. Glad to hear the rumors of your demise were premature.

catawampuscat
December 29th, 2020, 22:11
Just a clerical error, obviously I meant Dream Boys. Thank you for the correction.

It wasn’t obvious but name of bars confusion is common as well as bar boy nicknames. Dream Boys was my favorite sexy show
boy bar for years. The shower tub was inspired and always fun.

Nirish guy
December 29th, 2020, 22:33

HA of ALL the people we can safely say was / is in LOS a LOT, perhaps more than any of us casual "visitors" it would be Gerefan2 I'm sure.

bigjohn
January 1st, 2021, 14:53
The "Balloon Chasers" must be on the verge of having nervous breakdowns.

Is there any left?

All balloon chasers i know left years ago, since they can't rely on visa/border runs anymore.

Manforallseasons
January 1st, 2021, 17:00
Is there any left?

All balloon chasers i know left years ago, since they can't rely on visa/border runs anymore.

Given the opportunity they will surely emerge from the rocks they live under with fork and knife in hand.

Zebedee
January 1st, 2021, 17:12
Anyone with "Balloon Chaser" tales to tell?
Would be amusing to hear some of the things they got up to ,just to get a freebie.

latintopxxx
January 2nd, 2021, 01:45
mfas...get with the program....they dont use cutlery...slows them down...best practise is two plates...one acts as a shovel to scoop copious amounts onto the second plate

Dodger
January 2nd, 2021, 16:21
mfas...get with the program....they dont use cutlery...slows them down...best practise is two plates...one acts as a shovel to scoop copious amounts onto the second plate

Actually they prefer two plates and a bag. The two plates are used as you describe - and the bag is for take-away purposes.