PDA

View Full Version : Thailand Offering 4 year multi-entry VISAs without work permit requirement to tech talent / digital nomads

cdnmatt
December 16th, 2020, 09:19
BOI proposes new smart visa rules to lure foreign talent, digital nomads

https://www.nationthailand.com/business/30399645?utm_source=homepage_hilight&utm_medium=internal_referral

Well, that's me! And apparently, this smart VISA program to attract tech talent started sometime in 2018, and provides 4 year multi-entry VISAs without requirement of a work permit. Sure wish I would have known that before I got deported.

Maybe have to contact the government here, and see if I can get that blacklist lifed a little prematurely in exchange for some free teaching, or something.

latintopxxx
December 16th, 2020, 13:00
..u need to visit spec savers...it says talent

cdnmatt
December 16th, 2020, 15:54
..u need to visit spec savers...it says talent

Comes from the guy who has the highly skilled job of checking whether or not deep fryers and kitchen floors are clean.

michaelx1992
December 16th, 2020, 21:12
The 2018 smart visa was completely useless for digital nomads.
At that time, I checked with an immigation lawyer and the requirements were excessive. No wonder only 514 foreigners applied..

I hope that the smart visa 2.0 will actually be smart for once..

latintopxxx
December 17th, 2020, 00:37
...again that word...smart...poor cdnmatt...lol...such high hurdles to overcome

cdnmatt
December 17th, 2020, 03:42
...again that word...smart...poor cdnmatt...lol...such high hurdles to overcome

I think you've smelled too much gas from all those kitchens you've been inspecting, because even 7 year olds can come up with better insults than that.

latintopxxx
December 17th, 2020, 06:01
apologies...all meant in good humour...dont take it personally...afterall I dont even know u...

StevieWonders
December 17th, 2020, 06:19
... even 7 year olds can come up with better insults than that.Would it be possible to provide a sample dozen from 7 year olds you know personally?