PDA

View Full Version : Thailand To Begin Vaccinations In May

Manforallseasons
December 4th, 2020, 06:26
https://pattayaone.news/thailand-to-launch-nationwide-covid-19-vaccination-in-may/

Thailand’s Covid-19 vaccination programme will begin in May 2021, according to the Department of Disease Control (DDC)’s action plan revealed on Thursday.

The country last week signed a Bt6-billion deal to buy 26 million doses of the AstraZeneca/Oxford vaccine to immunise 13 million people.

The vaccine will first have to pass safety and quality checks applied by the Thai Food and Drug Administration and Department of Medical Sciences under the Public Health Ministry, said DDC director-general Opas Karnkawinpong.

Secondly, the DDC will prepare vaccination centres at more than 10,000 subdistrict health promotion hospitals nationwide to reach communities quickly and prevent crowding in large hospitals. A cold-chain transport system to maintain vaccine quality is now being prepared, and officials are being trained for the mass vaccination programme. The first to be called for registration will be medical staff, young children, the elderly, and vulnerable groups.

Local health authorities will then summon registered participants for vaccination at health promotion hospitals or mobile health units.

Zebedee
December 13th, 2020, 12:11
Thanks for that informative post MFAS...much appreciated.

Oliver2
December 13th, 2020, 14:01
Will those with hiv be considered a vulnerable group, I wonder.

Nirish guy
December 13th, 2020, 18:54

Dont know about you Oliver but if I was a farang living in Thailand I think I'd want to draw was little attention to my status as possible if I was +.

Whilst today it's ( probably) fine nothing would surprise me that "someday" when you went to renew a visa or whatever you all of a sudden had it turned down for no apparent reason ( other than they want all farang possible who have HIV out of Thailand if they could at all manage it).

Maybe I'm just very cynical and too paranoid, either way, I think I'd be trying to keep as low a profile authorities wise as possible always in case Governments and their policies ever change.

Uranus
December 13th, 2020, 23:53

HIV+ on successful treatment are not considered a vulnerable group.

cdnmatt
December 14th, 2020, 07:50
The country last week signed a Bt6-billion deal to buy 26 million doses of the AstraZeneca/Oxford vaccine to immunise 13 million people.

Cool, any plans for the other 53.5 million people in Thailand?

Also, why are they vaccinating young children? All three manufactures of these vaccines specifically say don't do that yet, as clinical trials on children still need to be done as they have different (ie. much stronger) immune systems hence it can have adverse effects in children that adults don't otherwise have.