PDA

View Full Version : Is Thailand (bangkok) worth the effort to get to?

vnman
November 29th, 2020, 04:57
Hi Guys,

My friend would like to go to Thailand for a holiday next month. He is not into gogo-bars or Moneyboys. He usually finds guys with the apps and in Balcony, DJ Station, GOD etc. The last years he hooked up with fewer Thais. Now, he mostly finds guys from China, Taiwan etc.

Can anyone tell me if it would be worth the effort to visit Thailand at this moment? Clubs and bars may be open but this doesn't mean that there are customers.

Any information is welcome.

Tnx
VNman

StevieWonders
November 29th, 2020, 06:10
Silom Soi 4 bars are open but have few customers except on weekends. As for the Apps he should try using them with Bangkok as his location. Grindr certainly supports this function, as does Hornet. Can't answer for Jack'd. I maintain a fake profile on FakeBook and this allows me to follow bars such as Pride, Balcony, Connections & Banana that often have photos showing what's going on.

As I live here I'm probably the wrong person to ask about cost vs. value - my view is that the cost involved for a trip if undertaken is an indication of that old saying "a fool and his money are soon parted" especially as in six months or so some "green shoots" should start to appear.

kkjason
November 29th, 2020, 10:26
I would say it depends on how long he is planning to stay after quarantine. They have actually streamlined this process so it is not a big deal if your friend has all of the paperwork together. He will get the visa and then do the quarantine. Hopefully he does not mind being alone for 14 days - I had my husband with me and my dad next door and still had fits of boredom the last few days - but eventually made it. Your friend will not be able to secure some midnight fun with a boy while he is quarantine, but I suppose he could have fun for 14 days looking for a drop dead gorgeous companion to meet up with as soon as he got out! As Stevie mentions - it is quite dead here at the moment, but things are open. If he finds some friends on the apps, he can still certainly have a good time. Keep in mind, though, that Thailand does tend to have a knee jerk reaction to things - it would not take much to have things totally shut down again while he is here - so that is something to consider.

Cheers -

vnman
November 29th, 2020, 15:51
His biggest worry is about after the quarantine. We have seen some youtube videos shot from January till now. The steady decline has made Pattaya look like a ghost town. Are there still young Asian (besides Thai) dancing the night away in DJ Station?

Thanks for the tips guys, I will pass them through.

dab69
November 30th, 2020, 07:25
You can visit/cruise now via Grindr travel (free) and look for yourselves

Armando
November 30th, 2020, 08:22
I was in Hua Hin last week and the place was pretty dead. Lots of empty premises, A few hits on the apps but not many. But it remains a great place for a relaxing quiet holiday - sunshine every day, lovely breeze off the sea, better quality of seawater than Pattaya, great seafood. Ideal if you have boy wonder with you. Not good if you expect to pick up a guy there. Only problem is weekends. Mostly flooded with Thai families each with at least two screaming kids on Saturdays and Sundays. Returning last Saturday, I got back to Bangkok quickly. The traffic jams on the other lane to Hua Hin were horrible.