PDA

View Full Version : Perfectly preserved whale discovered

Brad the Impala
November 28th, 2020, 23:58
A perfectly preserved ancient whale has been discovered in Thailand. Surprisingly not found buried under the sand at Jomtien but in Samut Sakhon.

However it was 5,000 years old so that does tie in with the heyday of Sunee Plaza.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-55097088

Jellybean
November 29th, 2020, 00:59
I hope I’m not stealing sglad’s thunder when I say I’ve seen a few beached whales on Dongtan beach over the years. Thinking back, the majority were exceptionally white and, I presume, must have been belugas and therefore far from home. ;)

latintopxxx
November 29th, 2020, 01:16
dad jokes...

Smiles
November 29th, 2020, 07:00
" ... I’ve seen a few?? beached whales on Dongtan beach over the years ..."
Dearest Jellybean,
I worry about you now. Are you still allowed a drivers license?
Get well soon.

"Smiles"

dinagam
November 29th, 2020, 07:05
I remember seeing a great range of hairy ones with prominent claspers...

sglad
November 29th, 2020, 09:52
Dearest Jellybean,

No, he only travels with his bus pass now. :D

Jellybean
November 29th, 2020, 23:07
Dearest Jellybean,
Get well soon.

"Smiles"

Yes, I’m afraid so, Smiles, despite having the use of just one eye! And when driving, my hi-tech dashboard speed limit indicator flashes if I exceed it, so I take great care and now stick to the speed limits, much to the annoyance of the convoy of cars behind me. Lol!

No, he only travels with his bus pass now. :D

How very intuitive of you sglad. Yep, I have a bus pass and when I lived in London I also had a free tube pass, which saved me thousands of pounds a year in London Underground fares. :)

latintopxxx
November 30th, 2020, 01:05
public transport...really

mr giggles
January 23rd, 2021, 19:11
I hope I’m not stealing sglad’s thunder when I say I’ve seen a few beached whales on Dongtan beach over the years. Thinking back, the majority were exceptionally white and, I presume, must have been belugas and therefore far from home. ;)

And a few white pointers!