PDA

View Full Version : Very Small Numbers Returning

Manforallseasons
November 26th, 2020, 12:50
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-11-24/thailand-sees-foreign-tourists-return-for-first-time-since-march

Thailand received more than 1,000 foreign tourists in October, the first set of visitors to the Southeast Asian nation in six months.
Tourists began returning in small numbers under a special long-stay tourist visa unveiled by the government last month, according to data released by Thailand’s tourism ministry Tuesday. The October arrivals compared with 3.07 million foreign visitors during the same month a year ago, and were the first since March

latintopxxx
November 26th, 2020, 15:52
...oh good...i do hate an untrained gogo...like dont getn the whole isis thing with the 99 virgins waiting in paradise...rather have a busload of sluts who know what they r up to...

dinagam
November 26th, 2020, 15:59
...oh good...i do hate an untrained gogo...like dont getn the whole isis thing with the 99 virgins waiting in paradise...rather have a busload of sluts who know what they r up to...

Don't envy them, if you treat your ponies well in this life , 99 virgin lads shall await your arrival in paradise.

latintopxxx
November 27th, 2020, 02:37
...again I'm no trainer...give me 99 well trained well used lubed up and ready to go gogos...

siscu58
December 20th, 2020, 22:59
Looks like there are not many gay farangs in Pattaya.
This is a Jomtien Complex pic from last week
I hope the bar owners resist until we are let in again (next 2021 winter i presume)!

Manforallseasons
December 20th, 2020, 23:17
https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showthread.php?21576-Watch-Paint-Dry-Or-Go-To-Jomtien-Complex

aot871
December 22nd, 2020, 01:00
Until the 2 weeks stay in a hotel is stopped , many guys will have cancelled the idea of a holiday trip to Thailand

StevieWonders
December 24th, 2020, 10:39
The Thai government has admitted that in-bound tourism won't increase in the first quarter of next year because " there's no demand from tourists to visit Thailand at this time". "Thailand expects to face a long period of "drought" in the international tourism market and that those who do travel here will be foreigners who have special purposes, not for tourism." Is sodomy a special purpose?

https://www.bangkokpost.com/business/2040231/tourism-gloom-wont-improve

arsenal
December 24th, 2020, 11:57
I'm reminded of a child who discovers a new and naughty word and wants to use it as much as possible.

I fear that with the news of the new strain now in most provinces, as yet in small numbers that Thailand might be about to get the full hit. I so hope I'm wrong.

goji
December 24th, 2020, 12:01
Until the 2 weeks stay in a hotel is stopped , many guys will have cancelled the idea of a holiday trip to Thailand

Well up until recently, we thought the quarantine was there for good reasons, in order to keep Thailand covid free. That idea has been blown out of the water, since they've not had reasonable measures in place to quarantine migrant workers.

For tourists, they have started the process of gathering data to allow a decision regarding shortening of the quarantine to 10 days.

If they combine 10 day quarantine, with a reduction in paperwork and entitlements to a longer stay, they might just get a few more tourists in.

goji
December 24th, 2020, 12:06
'Sodomy'. Your favourite word Stevie. It was frequent's too. Giggle. Count em. It's OCD.

Wouldn't banning members be ineffective if they were allowed back to repeat old behaviour with a new handle ?

arsenal
December 24th, 2020, 12:31
Did I post that! Gosh, must 'a' bin an error a judgement. Cor blimey Guv, caught us red handed and bang 't' right too. It's the lor Squire, the lor. Gotta do the bird for that.
Fined 10 guineas if the genelman cun get 'is norty word for it into ten konsekutiv posts. Money pade in funny foreign money to locul goodly works doers in Paradise upon Sea asap. A jenuin promiss.

StevieWonders
December 24th, 2020, 13:27
Well up until recently, we thought the quarantine was there for good reasons, in order to keep Thailand covid free. That idea has been blown out of the water, since they've not had reasonable measures in place to quarantine migrant workers.

For tourists, they have started the process of gathering data to allow a decision regarding shortening of the quarantine to 10 days.

If they combine 10 day quarantine, with a reduction in paperwork and entitlements to a longer stay, they might just get a few more tourists in.
The 10-day quarantine proposal is limited to tourists from countries with a low incidence of local transmission - Singapore, Taiwan, Japan, Australia, New Zealand. It’s definitely not proposed for tourists from Europe or the Americas AND it was proposed prior to the latest mutations being reported. Don’t hold your breath.

christianpfc
December 24th, 2020, 16:36
...since they've not had reasonable measures in place to quarantine migrant workers.
I read somewhere that migrant workers who enter the country on regular ways are subjected to 14 days quarantine.

The current outbreak is probably due to migrant workers who entered the country illegally and did not quarantine (although the few articles I read did not say so).

goji
December 24th, 2020, 17:30
The 10-day quarantine proposal is limited to tourists from countries with a low incidence of local transmission - Singapore, Taiwan, Japan, Australia, New Zealand. It’s definitely not proposed for tourists from Europe or the Americas AND it was proposed prior to the latest mutations being reported. Don’t hold your breath.

1 Do you have a link to a government source that backs up your claim ?

2 What they are ACTUALLY doing already is switching from 2 tests in quarantine to 3 tests, for a trial period until the middle of January. The new test regime is something like day 1, day 9 and day 12/13. That will provided information for an evidence based decision on shortening quarantine to 10 days. Exactly how it should be done.
Of course, having cocked up the immigration of migrant workers, they will probably be more cautious with other sectors now.

3 Finally, it was just last month that one of our esteemed members was asking if we really thought Thailand would let in visitors from countries like the UK and USA any time soon. They were already processing visa applications from those countries at the time that was posted. Sometimes changes happen without much notice.

StevieWonders
December 24th, 2020, 17:55
1 Do you have a link to a government source that backs up your claim ?

2 What they are ACTUALLY doing already is switching from 2 tests in quarantine to 3 tests, for a trial period until the middle of January. The new test regime is something like day 1, day 9 and day 12/13. That will provided information for an evidence based decision on shortening quarantine to 10 days. Exactly how it should be done.
Of course, having cocked up the immigration of migrant workers, they will probably be more cautious with other sectors now.

3 Finally, it was just last month that one of our esteemed members was asking if we really thought Thailand would let in visitors from countries like the UK and USA any time soon. They were already processing visa applications from those countries at the time that was posted. Sometimes changes happen without much notice.
Since clearly you’re too lazy (or, more likely, inept) to do a simple Google search here’s one link of many. As it’s merely a proposal there’s no official government announcement yet

https://www.bangkokpost.com/business/2014735/10-day-tourist-quarantining-moves-closer

bkkguy
December 24th, 2020, 19:16

no the idea hasn't been "blown out of the water" - it is still quite sound, the problem is in the implementation, and the fix is not to abandon the idea or abandon quarantine, the fix is to improve the procedures to ensure everyone coming in is quarantined

I am not suggesting significantly improving the rate of catching illegal immigrants is going to easy - or even implemented, but it will be a lot easier, cheaper and less deadly than coping with the results of removing quarantine requirements generally

of course when we have the clinical data showing vaccination both inhibits disease and inhibits infection, and everyone entering the country - and all the residents in the country - have been vaccinated, and rapid reliable infection test are available, and there are accepted international verification procedures for vaccination and testing then quarantine is obviously no longer an issue

and in the mean time - and even after virus travel nirvana is achieved - Thailand's best option would be to focus on restructuring its tourism industry goals to be more sustainable and more realistic, and offering assistance to those businesses and people affected by the changes

my apologies if you may not fit into those new goals, or may not be part of the virus travel nirvana as quickly as you may want, but just remember we don't live in an ideal world so all of the is just the stuff of dreams

goji
December 24th, 2020, 20:01
Since clearly you’re too lazy (or, more likely, inept) to do a simple Google search here’s one link of many. As it’s merely a proposal there’s no official government announcement yet

https://www.bangkokpost.com/business/2014735/10-day-tourist-quarantining-moves-closer

Your link is to a PAST decision, but in the post that I challenged, we're talking about future proposals and possibilities. The two are different. It's like saying they are banning all tourist arrivals, based on the policy a few months ago.

Seems you are the one who is too lazy and inept to check the facts and what is being considered going forward. If you can't grasp the difference between past and future tenses, it may be wise to spend more time educating yourself and less time insulting others.

Brad the Impala
December 24th, 2020, 20:47
Your link is to a PAST decision, but in the post that I challenged, we're talking about future proposals and possibilities. The two are different. It's like saying they are banning all tourist arrivals, based on the policy a few months ago.

Aren't all decisions in the past? If they are in the future..........well they haven't been decided yet! A past decision can of course inform future actions so I am not sure what your issue is.

I do hope you get out of solitary soon!

StevieWonders
December 25th, 2020, 03:31

Seems you are the one who is too lazy and inept to check the facts and what is being considered going forward. If you can't grasp the difference between past and future tenses, it may be wise to spend more time educating yourself and less time insulting others.

The answer to the alternatives I posed is now clear. It’s “inept”. You asked for a link to a proposal (if you re-read what you wrote). Keep pursuing those lips. When do we see you in Silom Soi 4? Tomorrow?

StevieWonders
December 25th, 2020, 08:49
Members resident on Fantasy Island (“Thailand is going to cut the number of days in quarantine”) should contemplate today’s decision by the Hong Kong satrapy - quarantine has been extended to 21 days.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-hongkong-idUSKBN28Z04R

aot871
December 30th, 2020, 08:29
I have just read on gay buttons site that a thai minister has stated that even though you have had the vaccine , you will still have to do the 14 day hotel lockup . That I would think would put the kywash on any 2 or 3 week tourist visiting .

Dodger
December 30th, 2020, 08:57
I have just read on gay buttons site that a thai minister has stated that even though you have had the vaccine , you will still have to do the 14 day hotel lockup . That I would think would put the kywash on any 2 or 3 week tourist visiting .

Agree.

It looks like 2021 will be more suited for long-term tourists. As long as the mandatory quarantine is in effect, regardless if it's 14 or 10 days, many, if not most, tourists will decline.

StevieWonders
December 30th, 2020, 09:33
I have just read on gay buttons site that a thai minister has stated that even though you have had the vaccine, you will still have to do the 14 day hotel lockup.Thailand is not alone. A friend in Australia says it’s still up in the air there as well.

arsenal
December 30th, 2020, 10:06
I read that. Of course it may change this afternoon.

cdnmatt
December 30th, 2020, 10:22
We need another brilliant solution from our dear leader on how to handle KoVid. Injecting ourselves with bleach, and shoving a UV light up our asses didn't work too well.

Maybe some really big fans to blow the virus into space. I'm sure Trump will come up with some excellent idea to save us all.

latintopxxx
December 30th, 2020, 15:13
obviously havent heard...he lost the election....or in trumo world ... stolen from him...hes so yesterday....dunno why u still think he;'s relevant