PDA

View Full Version : Bangkok to Pattaya Van transportation.

August 11th, 2006, 06:16
Does wnyone know of a van service (for approx 8 or so people) between Bangkok and Pattaya which will pick up and drop off at various Hotels in both places? There is supposed to be such a service and it is much cheaper than a regular taxi service which costs about 1200 Bht or so (one way)..... Has anyone used such a service and how does one get in touch with them? Thanks for any replies.
Hayjon

August 11th, 2006, 07:57
After 30 hours cramped in an airline seat the last thing I want to do is be jammed into a van with 8 or more other people. And on top of that one must endure the dropping off of the others at their hotels. 1200 baht is rather a cheap alternative.

August 11th, 2006, 09:56
treat yourself to some luxury..pricey but if 8 are paying it wil be cheap..the best thing is the drivers are absolutely the safest you can find.

http://www.imagelimo.com/

TOQ
August 11th, 2006, 10:03
Does wnyone know of a van service (for approx 8 or so people) between Bangkok and Pattaya which will pick up and drop off at various Hotels in both places? There is supposed to be such a service and it is much cheaper than a regular taxi service which costs about 1200 Bht or so (one way)..... Has anyone used such a service and how does one get in touch with them? Thanks for any replies.
Hayjon

Hayjon you may want to call Boss Travel. The managers name is Panu. They offer a mini bus service for about 350B.

His number is: 038 710153 Office
Mobile: 01-333 0754

john

August 11th, 2006, 11:58
DELETED

wowpow
August 11th, 2006, 13:21
http://www.imagelimo.com/rates.htm

Gems & Phon Taxi & Van., Ltd
62/121 M.6 Nongprue, Banglamung
Phone: (0) 3873 - 4472 Fax: (0) 3873 - 4472
Email: gemsphon@loxinfo.co.th
Transport between Bangkok and Pattaya and general taxi service, friendly reliable service, reasonable rates, good drivers. Mobile: (0) 1761 - 6455, (0) 1305 - 5613
courtesy www.dreadedned.com (http://www.dreadedned.com)

Bell Travel service
Their service is to run mini buses around Bangkok to pick up and drive to Bang Na on the outskirts where you transfer to a big bus which goes to Pattaya bus station where you transfer to mini buses to take you to your hotels. 0274746756. Fee aout 350 baht per person.

August 11th, 2006, 13:52
8 people would only mean two taxis with 4 people in each. At 1200B per taxi that's only 300B each, hardly a fortune.

August 11th, 2006, 14:38
DELETED

August 11th, 2006, 16:42
... can get a taxi from Pattaya to Bangkok Airport for 850 baht plus tolls (120 baht?). I suppose this is still too much? Although I do generally tip the driver too so I suppose it gets up around 1200 baht by the time I finish paying. I still think it's better than being stuck in a mini bus, as someone says, going around everyone's drop off point for a further 30 minutes in Pattaya when you know you are just a cock-stride from your hotel room.

The cheapest I paid from Bangkok to Pattaya was 1200 baht through a friend and 1500 baht through the travel agent on Silom Road. Picking a taxi up from the airport without prior arrangement I think I paid 2000 baht.

August 11th, 2006, 17:13
Hayjon

Is 1200 THB too much to pay for a two hour journey BKK to Pattaya? That works out currently at about 17 pounds sterling or 30 US dollars (or offing a boy short time!!!). Assuming the taxi has two passengers this is excellent value ... it is still great even if you travel alone. The alternative is a tour round Pattaya whilst the minibus drops off other passengers which could take up to an hour when traffic is heavy and the reverse route Pattaya-BKK is even worse. I know of one guy who spent over two hours in a minibus once it got to BKK, driving round the city whilst other passengers were dropped off ...he was unfortunate to be the last one!

The other down side is most minibus drivers are raving lunatics who are hell bent on getting from A to B as fast as possible regardless of traffic conditions or congestion...this equally applies to those who drive day-tour minibuses.

Go on, splash out - you are after all on holiday. If the price of a taxi is too much perhaps Thailand is not the place you should be visiting...maybe you should walk to your local park to save the money.

August 11th, 2006, 17:14
but I thought they did have streeeetch limo..and a Mercedes mini van ?

If not then here is an opportunity for you John..send up 3 of your cars with drivers !!..do I have do everything around here in LMTU's absence :geek:

August 11th, 2006, 18:48
Thanks for all the replies. A mixed bunch but understandable. I did not spell it out very well..... It is not a case of 8 or 10 of us going to Pattaya directly from the BKK Airport. I heard of a van service which runs between BKK and PTY - carrying about 8 or 10 people and picks up and drops off at your Hotel in BKK or PTY. I would already be in BKK and after a week or so visiting the fleshpots there would like to go to PTY (travelling very lightly) and thought the Mini-bus or van idea sounded like a good way to get there and back. The cost of a trip didn't really enter into it. I was in PTY once before - a couple of years ago. Took a taxi that time and the vehicle was practically falling apart!
It poured with rain and the wiper blades were broken etc etc....a fun ride. The driver was quite pleasant though through it all. He drank a lot of very dark liquid out of a small bottle - even stopped on the way to pick up more!!! Does anyone know what that drink might have been? Probably a stimulant of some sort? Thanks guys. Hayjon.

August 11th, 2006, 19:37
just one of those energy drinks that are very popular in Thailand..which is why the German energy drink Clubber is trying take over Sunnee Plaza.

This is also why I find the driver to be so important and why I always choose firms like Image or Thai Limos..you have no idea how most people drive in Thailand weaving in and out of the traffic. I have to take a large bottle of Gin with me for medicinal purposes to calm my nerves.

allieb
August 12th, 2006, 00:56
If your trying to save money then go on the skytrain in Bkk to Ekami and get the bus. Sky train 35 bt and then the bus 110 bt . Bus leaves every 20 mins. and takes about 1h 45m. Busses are nice with aircondition. At Pataya take one of the many baht busses for about 100 bt. total cost of about 245 baht.

I have done it a couple of times when I didn't have luggage and was going to pattaya for the night or vice versa with a small overnight bag. Otherwise take the taxi. at 1,200 bt dirt cheap. A taxi in London costs 1,200bt to go about 7 miles. equate that and it works out to
about 15,000 bt for the trip to Pataya.

August 12th, 2006, 01:24
I must say I like the aircon busses over the minivans. I have taken the aircon busses from the eastern busstation to Koh Samet, Koh Chang and Pattaya, in fact they are quiet nice and I feel better than in a van with 7-8 people.

August 12th, 2006, 07:29
I regularly use the services of Bell Transportation. They provide a van for pick up at your hotel in either Bangkok or Pattaya/Jomtien and take you to their private air-conditioned buses to transport you. I just used them last week and the fee is 500Bht if you book a roundtrip with them, or 300Bht for one way. Their phone number in Thailand is 02-747-4675. They will also take you Pattaya/Jomtien to the airport in Bangkok. Not sure what their fee will be when the new airport opens in the next couple of months.

Nabaat
August 13th, 2006, 21:45
come on guys,

having flowen x miles, who cares if it is 300/800/1200 etc. We have all come for one thing - so lets not waste time - spend the dosh and get into it/them !!!

Dboy
August 17th, 2006, 07:19
If your trying to save money then go on the skytrain in Bkk to Ekami and get the bus. Sky train 35 bt and then the bus 110 bt . Bus leaves every 20 mins. and takes about 1h 45m. Busses are nice with aircondition. At Pataya take one of the many baht busses for about 100 bt. total cost of about 245 baht.

I have done it a couple of times when I didn't have luggage and was going to pattaya for the night or vice versa with a small overnight bag. Otherwise take the taxi. at 1,200 bt dirt cheap. A taxi in London costs 1,200bt to go about 7 miles. equate that and it works out to
about 15,000 bt for the trip to Pataya.

allieb: I've tried this from Pattaya to BKK, but not BKK to Pattaya. How far is it from the Ekami BTS stop to the bus station? Is it right by the skytrain exit? I don't know that area at all. thx

Dboy