PDA

View Full Version : What will be Cost of Tickets to Thailand when Tourism Finally Opens Up?

Armando
November 20th, 2020, 12:01
Does anyone know the price of tickets for those returnees presently able to travel back to Thailand? Are they in line with those pre-Covid?

I am curious because Singapore and Hong Kong open up a travel bubble on Sunday with one flight a day by each national carrier and numbers carried limited to 200 per flight. Cost is SGD421.80 one way. That is more than double the pre Covid advertised price - i.e. far from the lowest. There are reductions in early December but the price soars again in the two weeks prior to Christmas.

There are also other hurdles to overcome before you can get on a flight including Covid tests before departure and after arrival. But with negative tests there is no quarantine.

If this is any indication, ticket prices to Thailand once travel opens up may well be a lot higher than we are used to.

Manforallseasons
November 20th, 2020, 13:19
Armando, why not make a flight reservation yourself and check the prices yourself ...... you can make a reservation before you must pay....this might be your first chance for a positive contribution to the board!

latintopxxx
November 20th, 2020, 14:53
...so passive aggressive...

goji
November 20th, 2020, 15:37
One can go to Skyscanner and search.

If you want to go on the once a week direct EVA flight from LHR==> BKK, it costs ~£1200 in economy or £2000 in premium economy. I think this is above normal, although prices do ramp up through December in normal times & in the past I've flown just before prices get silly.

Whilst Thai air did run a direct flight from London this week (confirmed via Flightradar24), I cannot see any further flights scheduled.

Indirect flights via Doha can cost under £600
Indirect flights via Zurich cost just over £300, in the unlikely event you don't need checked bags and under £500 with a checked bag.

Longer term, who knows ? If there is consolidation in the airline sector, that's not good for prices. If new entrants to the market buy up all the planes off failed airlines and start competing, we should be OK.
Maybe Air Armando could buy up a few A380s & get an airline off the ground ?

Oliver2
November 20th, 2020, 16:54
I always ravel EVA and that certainly is above normal....I pay about £920 for Premium.

However, I'm fortunate enough not to care too much because my confinement has meant that I've saved on two trips already. And anyway, I'm at the stage now when I know that I haven't got many visits left so I am determined to carpe diem.

pong
November 20th, 2020, 19:28
One can go to Skyscanner and search.

If you want to go on the once a week direct EVA flight from LHR==> BKK, it costs ~£1200 in economy or £2000 in premium economy. I think this is above normal, although prices do ramp up through December in normal times & in the past I've flown just before prices get silly.

Whilst Thai air did run a direct flight from London this week (confirmed via Flightradar24), I cannot see any further flights scheduled.

Indirect flights via Doha can cost under £600
Indirect flights via Zurich cost just over £300, in the unlikely event you don't need checked bags and under £500 with a checked bag.

Longer term, who knows ? If there is consolidation in the airline sector, that's not good for prices. If new entrants to the market buy up all the planes off failed airlines and start competing, we should be OK.
Maybe Air Armando could buy up a few A380s & get an airline off the ground ?

THAI is grounded-untill spring, EXCept for the odd repatriating flites for Thai people only and organised/paid by the Thai govmt junta. We´ll have to wait and see if they ever come back in the air.
EVA has announced it will only restart-if at all-flying to BKK from EUR in late spring.
In summer the LH/Swiss/Austrian combo was announcing very cheap flites for this actual period fro just 333 eur/return. Forget that though for now.

Armando
November 20th, 2020, 20:46
Armando, why not make a flight reservation yourself and check the prices yourself ...... you can make a reservation before you must pay....this might be your first chance for a positive contribution to the board!
That post is as stupid as your posts from that ridiculous Pattaya rag. The question posed was perfectly simple - what will be the cost of tickets when tourism finally opens up? Despite all in that Pattaya rag, it seems you have yet to realise that tourism remains dead.