PDA

View Full Version : Nice Boys In Sunee

Pages : 1 [2]

goji
April 3rd, 2021, 02:48
The reverse question is of course, are the Pattaya ex pats happy to remain there without Sunee, Boystown or sleaze bars? Seem to recall some muttering about moving to Cambodia or Vietnam.........
(Continuing off the topic of Nice Boys)
Out of the diverse range of expats, there are a small number who keep telling us how grim it, but actually appear perfectly happy to stay in Thailand themselves. Actions speak louder than words.

Meanwhile, there are other expats who adapt their life to the circumstances and continue to share their enthusiasm for life on the boards.

StevieWonders
April 3rd, 2021, 05:14
Out of the diverse range of expats, there are a small number who keep telling us how grim it, but actually appear perfectly happy to stay in Thailand themselves. Actions speak louder than words.A very silly statement that can only have been made by someone who has never been an expat anywhere. Few - vanishingly few - expats resident here contribute to Forums such as this one - hardly a “diverse range”.

Expats who are here have often migrated here - that is, they’ve given up their ties to their homeland and, realistically, there’s no going back for them. Choosing to live somewhere rather than elsewhere is often a compromise that involves a sense of “near enough is good enough”.

As a younger expat I enjoyed going to host bars and then gogo bars, but as I age my interests have changed. I can’t recall the last time I was in a gogo bar; the day I ran across a447 in Golden Cock was probably the last time I was in a host bar. They’re a novelty item, well suited for the tourists, but as an expat - nah.

latintopxxx
April 3rd, 2021, 08:30
white=expat
non-white=migrant

funny that....

Manforallseasons
April 3rd, 2021, 08:39
A very silly statement that can only have been made by someone who has never been an expat anywhere. Few - vanishingly few - expats resident here contribute to Forums such as this one - hardly a “diverse range”.

Expats who are here have often migrated here - that is, they’ve given up their ties to their homeland and, realistically, there’s no going back for them. Choosing to live somewhere rather than elsewhere is often a compromise that involves a sense of “near enough is good enough”..

That sums it up!

StevieWonders
April 3rd, 2021, 10:27
That sums it up!goji’s attitude is typical of those blinkered by ideology and a narrow experience of life.

Manforallseasons
April 3rd, 2021, 11:07
goji’s attitude is typical of those blinkered by ideology and a narrow experience of life.

I think it speaks more to the huge difference in perception between the 2 week millionaires and those actually living here.

arsenal
April 3rd, 2021, 11:19
If you moved to your favourite holiday destination because you thought the high would last for life then more fool you. Both MFAS and frequent are a gold standard advert for don't move to Thailand.

Having said that I do enjoy MFAS posts, even the grumpy ones as they act as a squeeze of lemon on the lobster of most of our 2/4/6/8/10/12 week millionaire dreamy offerings.

Manforallseasons
April 3rd, 2021, 11:37
Frankly, arsenal after the vast change to the gay scene I have witnessed over the years if that was one’s motivation I would tell anyone thinking of it not to come here to live.

arsenal
April 3rd, 2021, 11:48
Good point MFAS and actually 'hunting' boys is way more fun with fewer go go bars. It's like seeing a tiger in the zoo is common place thing but seeing one in the wild is a lifetime thrill. Exactly why years ago I ditched the alcohol and started using the bike to scoot between Jomtien, BT and Sunee, visiting each several times a night. And I never get bored.

Oliver2
April 3rd, 2021, 14:01
Who is doing the hunting now? Aren't the falangs the endangered species?

And I agree about the boredom....or lack of it. I can't remember when I last turned the TV on in the hotel room in Jomtien. Last night I had the bloody thing on for four straight hours.

And then went to bed.

goji
April 3rd, 2021, 17:47
Frankly, arsenal after the vast change to the gay scene I have witnessed over the years if that was one’s motivation I would tell anyone thinking of it not to come here to live.
Whilst living there yourself ?

Manforallseasons
April 3rd, 2021, 19:55
This has been home for 18 years, the scene here and in Bangkok was surreal in a wonderful way so that was the draw, if 18 years ago was now I wouldn’t be here probably somewhere in South America or Mexico, I don’t dislike living here but I acknowledge the initial draw has ended and has been ending for years now. I understand you are a tourist I am not.

StevieWonders
April 3rd, 2021, 20:16
This has been home for 18 years, the scene here and in Bangkok was surreal in a wonderful way so that was the draw, if 18 years ago was now I wouldn’t be here probably somewhere in South America or Mexico, I don’t dislike living here but I acknowledge the initial draw has ended and has been ending for years now. I understand you are a tourist I am not.I thought Dodgems’ post was excellent, especially for someone who’s already 85.

christianpfc
April 4th, 2021, 22:40
Only one of them asked me to send money as a donation, rather than a tip for meetings. Said he needed money for food. For the first time ever, I sent a small sum and the very next day his Instagram account was updated with some photos of him nightclubbing.
Social media is great to keep taps on boys. One of my regulars (before Covid) updates his Line with pictures of himself in various luxurious hotel (?) rooms, so I get a good idea what he is up to.

I would send money only to boys I have met several times and think I can judge their character.

francois
April 4th, 2021, 23:11
Agree with you Christian, when I see a lad makes posts on Facebook and is obviously living a better lifestyle than I. :eek: But the sex was good!!

goji
April 4th, 2021, 23:42
Agree with you Christian, when I see a lad makes posts on Facebook and is obviously living a better lifestyle than I. :eek: But the sex was good!!

I think it depends on who is posting. Some boys showing pictures in a succession of high end hotels are presumably visiting clients ?

Others from wealthy families might just be living a very good lifestyle. However, I don't think these are the ones renting themselves out to board members.

dab69
April 6th, 2021, 08:32
Just heard "Mix" is going into the army- two years (red card)

http://www.niceboyspattaya.com/assets/images/nb-27-800x600.jpg

Manforallseasons
April 6th, 2021, 14:15
This one has already gone to the army:

arsenal
April 6th, 2021, 22:24
Johan, a slighrly puffy boy worked at Nice Boys before going to the army. He returned slim and toned with lush black hair. Thank you army.

Manforallseasons
April 7th, 2021, 01:33
Johan, a slighrly puffy boy worked at Nice Boys before going to the army. He returned slim and toned with lush black hair. Thank you army.

He left the bar a long time ago.

Wolzek
April 7th, 2021, 02:16
The rumour that Niceboys is about to close IS NOT TRUE!
I was in the bar Tuesday evening and talked with both the manager and the owner. They have no plans to close, on the contrary they will stay open as long as they can.

I had a very nice time in the bar. 11 gogoboys on the stage in underwear all doing their best to entertain me. It's such a great bar!

And yes, that boy Jo/Johan is not working there anymore. And Non is now already in the army. But still so many handsome boys working currently in Niceboys. Well worth a visit!

arsenal
April 7th, 2021, 07:47
That photo by MFAS is Johan when he visited Pattaya while still in the army. White top, blue jeans, baseball cap and motorbike. Enough to sweep anyone off their feet.

Dodger
April 7th, 2021, 14:55
Jo-Jo (Johan), completed his tour in the Army last year and now hangs around Jomtien Complex in the evenings (occasionally). I see him often jogging along Jomtien beach in the early-morning hours keeping slim and fit. He's one of the nicest boys I think I've ever met on the working scene in Pattaya.

arsenal
April 7th, 2021, 21:54
I spent this morning thinking about Johan. nudge nudge wink wink. I'm glad he's keeping his body nice for me. Now I'm thinking about Tui and his party trick of throwing a cigarette straight into his mouth.

catawampuscat
April 9th, 2021, 01:09
I stopped in Nice Boys tonight, thinking it would be closed for several weeks. I wanted to dole out some baht as the boys will be in
dire straits, without work or income. I also wanted to have some fun.
When I left, one of the managers said Nice Boys would be open tomorrow from 5pm to 9pm!!

Manforallseasons
April 9th, 2021, 01:29
I stopped in Nice Boys tonight, thinking it would be closed for several weeks. I wanted to dole out some baht as the boys will be in
When I left, one of the managers said Nice Boys would be open tomorrow from 5pm to 9pm!!

Do they acknowledge that they maybe be closed for 2 weeks shortly and will this expedite their possibly end?

gerefan2
April 9th, 2021, 02:45
Do they acknowledge that they maybe be closed for 2 weeks shortly and will this expedite their possibly end?

You miserable so and so...

I also dropped in there this evening as it might be the last day they are open for a bit.

I think others were in there for the same reason.

It seemed quite busy bearing in mind all the crap going on!

StevieWonders
April 9th, 2021, 03:29
I also dropped in there this evening as it might be the last day they are open for a bit.
Did you get a bit?

Manforallseasons
April 9th, 2021, 05:35
[QUOTE=gerefan2;276853]You miserable so and so...

“Miserable so and so”.....Who made you Jesus Christ savior of bars? There have been two conflicting posts on this thread about the bars intention to close, I wondered if the bar was aware of the possible 2 week ban and if so can it survive, in fact considering almost all the GoGo bars are gone it would be a shame for this to occur...

Dodger
April 9th, 2021, 09:57

Did you happen to find out while you were there if the closure of Nice Boys was just a rumor or not?

dab69
April 9th, 2021, 10:43
Read the Bangkok Post link in the "Two Week Shutdown Thread".

"The centre decided to make it public ahead of the signing of the order on Friday so that businesses could prepare in advance. "
Chin Buri is listed as an area to be closed.

The good news is that it has an end -two weeks- as discussed so far.
Too bad they can't declare an amnesty on bar rent for two weeks

catawampuscat
April 9th, 2021, 11:00
When I asked about the 2 week closing, I was surprised that one of the managers responded that the bar would be open today, in spite
of the order to close. He emphasized the 5pm opening and 9pm closing.
The reason I give the response credence was because the same manager told me that the bar would open on the recent Election Day,
when bars were closed and no alcohol sold. Several people I know went Election Day and Nice boys was open and they ordered a bottle
of whiskey setup and offed a few boys.

StevieWonders
April 9th, 2021, 11:03
When I asked about the 2 week closing, I was surprised that one of the managers responded that the bar would be open today, in spite of the order to close. He emphasized the 5pm opening and 9pm closing.

The reason I give the response credence was because the same manager told me that the bar would open on the recent Election Day, when bars were closed and no alcohol sold. Several people I know went Election Day and Nice boys was open and they ordered a bottle of whiskey setup and offed a few boys.A similar response in Silom Soi 4 because of the substantial investment, directly and indirectly, by a senior police officer (bar owner whispers).

Dodger
April 9th, 2021, 11:14
When I asked about the 2 week closing, I was surprised that one of the managers responded that the bar would be open today, in spite
of the order to close. He emphasized the 5pm opening and 9pm closing.
The reason I give the response credence was because the same manager told me that the bar would open on the recent Election Day,
when bars were closed and no alcohol sold. Several people I know went Election Day and Nice boys was open and they ordered a bottle
of whiskey setup and offed a few boys.

Thanks for your response Cat, but that didn't answer my question:

When you were there, did you ask them about the rumor regarding their permanent closure???

Andaman!
April 9th, 2021, 14:21
[QUOTE=gerefan2;276853]You miserable so and so...

Well Manforallseasons always appears utterly miserable by having undoubtedly the most miserable avatar on this board. A permanent state of misery.

catawampuscat
April 17th, 2021, 13:44
Just heard from reliable source that a boy from Nice Boys tested positive for Covid. A Thai man had one of the mamasans arrange
for 6 boys to come to the mans room for drinking party as bar was closed. The boy was turned away at Banglamung hospital as all
600 beds were occupied. The boy called my source, who is gay Thai man asking for money and related the story.
The customer came from Bangkok. I don’t have any names of the boys ..

Dodger
April 17th, 2021, 14:14
Just heard from reliable source that a boy from Nice Boys tested positive for Covid. A Thai man had one of the mamasans arrange
for 6 boys to come to the mans room for drinking party as bar was closed. The boy was turned away at Banglamung hospital as all
600 beds were occupied. The boy called my source, who is gay Thai man asking for money and related the story.

Thanks Cat, but your account of what happened is a bit sketchy...and leaves 101 unanswered questions.

It's probably best to wait until this story is fully confirmed before jumping to any conclusions.

goji
April 17th, 2021, 16:32
The boy called my source, who is gay Thai man asking for money and related the story.

Whether he has covid or not, if he actually gets money, I imagine the claimed infection rate amongst bar boys will increase dramatically.
The ones who will use any excuse to ask for money will be all over this & repeating the request. The remainder who have standards will not.

As for the boy concerned, if he has covid, at his age, he's highly unlikely to have any severe illness & should not need hospital treatment.

a447
April 17th, 2021, 16:58
If the story is indeed true, then I imagine the virus would have quickly spread amongst all the guys he shares the stage with. He probably shares a room with some of the guys, too.

In this situation it would be the customers who are at greatest risk, so for me the question would be: Will the bar be honest and alert prospective customers at the door?

A few years ago I reported on a bar in Bangkok (which I didn't name on the forum), in which a boy, (who I also didn't name), had been diagnosed with AIDS. The bar kept it quiet. Needless to say, I never went there again.

Did the boy really have AIDS? Obviously I can't be sure. But I heard it from 5 separate sources in the Soi Taiwan area. The fact that his co-workers refused to do threesome with him also suggests it may be true.

Niceboys, along with Winners, has been a beacon for gays in Sunee. Let's hope it isn't true.

catawampuscat
April 17th, 2021, 17:08
It’s impossible to know if the bar boy told the truth or was just trying to get money. It’s also impossible to know if farang posters are telling the
truth.
It’s very plausible in my opinion. If one chooses not to believe, that’s up to the individual. No lie detector was used..
This episode happened after the bar was closed down, so there was no sharing of the virus on the stage. I have no idea where the boy lives,
but would guess he lives with other boys from the bar.
One could check with Banglamung hospital to see if is indeed full.

Manforallseasons
April 17th, 2021, 18:08

Totally plausible, perfect scenario to spread Covid frankly, if the bar ever reopens it should be professionally sanitized and whatever staff is left should be tested.

Manforallseasons
April 17th, 2021, 19:22
Places in Pattaya where Covid may have been:
https://thepattayanews.com/2021/04/17/timeline-pattaya-and-banglamung-informs-people-who-visited-places-in-relation-to-chonburi-confirmed-covid-19-cases-2/

goji
April 17th, 2021, 20:27
if the bar ever reopens it should be professionally sanitized and whatever staff is left should be tested.

I thought bars were supposed to be closed. If the bar remains closed for a few weeks no virus will survive until reopening, therefore no sanitizing would be required.
In practice, something will probably be done for appearances.

Dodger
April 17th, 2021, 20:37
It’s impossible to know if the bar boy told the truth or was just trying to get money. It’s also impossible to know if farang posters are telling the
truth.
It’s very plausible in my opinion. If one chooses not to believe, that’s up to the individual. No lie detector was used..
This episode happened after the bar was closed down, so there was no sharing of the virus on the stage. I have no idea where the boy lives,

Are you going to be tested?

Manforallseasons
April 17th, 2021, 21:03
I have been told that testing is free for Thais but not so for falang, depending on where you are tested seems to be 3000 - 4500 baht.

goji
April 18th, 2021, 00:36
What's the value in getting tested ?

1 If it's for the benefit of wider society, that's fine, but it's a bit optimistic to expect farang to do that if there is a higher farang price for the test !

2 Back in December when I was quarantining, anyone who failed the test, or even had an "inconclusive" test was sent to hospital, whether they had symptoms or not. Hopefully the covid insurance would pay out. If I had no health issues, I'd personally rather isolate at home.
If failing the test, are you still going to get sent to a hospital ? Possibly a rather grim "field hospital" ?

3 The only advantage I could see in getting sent to hospital is if they are now offering some effective treatments. According to the Facebook quarantine forum, one of the people who was sent to hospital back in December after failing the covid test in quarantine was getting "hydroxychloroquine". Last thing I heard, that was shown to be ineffective in trials, however, I presume it is effective at increasing the size of the bill.

For info, I had to have a covid test before flying out of Thailand, at The Thai Travel Clinic in Bangkok. That cost 2990 baht. The cashier did quote over 4000, until I pointed out it was 3000 on the website.
That's a test with a certificate for travel.

gerefan2
April 18th, 2021, 02:47
I had to have a covid test before flying out of Thailand,

Same here....a huge worry to me was what happens if you fail the test? Yes you go to hospital, but what happens after that?

1. You will have to cancel your existing return flight and rebook another. You won’t know the new date until you are definately released from the hospital, so making positive arrangements is a problem. It might mean staying in a hotel for a few nights. So add that and the cost of rearranging the flight into account.

2. Your visa will have expired, unless you were leaving well before the expiry date...unlikely. Thus you will on overstay. It would lead to problems with a hotel,if you need one, apart from the fine at the airport...500 a day which will soon add up. You will also get a stamp in your passport for the overstay.

Whole thing could be a nightmare.

Now back to Nice Boys!

Mancs
April 18th, 2021, 05:31
CDC changed guidance recently to show low risk of touch transmission: each contact with a contaminated surface has less than a 1 in 10,000 chance of causing an infection

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/more/science-and-research/surface-transmission.html

Dodger
April 18th, 2021, 12:12
truth.

According to a friend in my condo building who's wife works as a nurse at Banglamung Hospital, there are a lot of covid patients right now, but the beds ARE NOT FULL. If a Thai showed up for a covid test and/or treatment, he would not be turned away. Those are her words - not mine.

I agree with you that the situation, as described, is plausible, but frankly, I think the boy may have been just looking for a cash handout, which is equally as plausible.

There's more Covid scams going around than Cater has Liver Pills.

As I mentioned before, I wouldn't jump to any conclusions based on the stories you're hearing in-and-by-themselves. Hopefully, Beer and Mak are in the loop and can sort this out.

StevieWonders
April 18th, 2021, 14:37
As for the boy concerned, if he has covid, at his age, he's highly unlikely to have any severe illness & should not need hospital treatment.Many Thais are encouraged to seek hospital treatment because - a fairly obvious point to those who are not merely sex tourists - self-isolation at home simply isn’t an option. I’m aware of many boys in whose family home the parents’ bedroom may be curtained off but isn’t a separate room, and one or more of the younger kids bunk in with grandma. As for a separate bathroom ....

cdnmatt
April 18th, 2021, 15:01
Working boys in Pattaya don't live at home...

StevieWonders
April 18th, 2021, 15:03
Working boys in Pattaya don't live at home...
No they share with other boys - self isolation still isn’t an option

cdnmatt
April 18th, 2021, 15:09
So you expect everyone who gets Kovid to go self isolate at the hospital?

With another high of 1767 cases today, don't think the hospitals are setup for hundreds of thousands of people to live there for a couple weeks while they self isolate.

StevieWonders
April 18th, 2021, 15:17
Perhaps you should read the local newspapers online before you post anything more.

Manforallseasons
April 18th, 2021, 16:17
Perhaps you should read the local newspapers online before you post anything more.

frequent, where have you been, don’t you know cdnmatt is blind, that is why he spells Covid with a K, now if he replies he most likely will make an obligatory spelling error, do follow the plot.

goji
April 18th, 2021, 19:24
Wouldn't surprise me if both sides of the bullshit plot were from the same source.

StevieWonders
April 18th, 2021, 19:59
Tweet from today’s Pattaya News: “Bangkok Governor tours #Bangkok arena in Nong Chok today which has been converted to a field hospital for Covid-19 patients. In Thailand, even if asymptomatic, one cannot self isolate at home and must remain under medical care or supervision.”

StevieWonders
April 18th, 2021, 20:45
Wouldn't surprise me if both sides of the bullshit plot were from the same source.Einstein sometimes remarked on the inverse relationship between knowledge and ego. Posters such as goji provide a great example.

StevieWonders
April 19th, 2021, 08:23
More on mandatory hospitalisation - https://www.bangkokpost.com/opinion/opinion/2101571/be-selective-in-field-hospital-admissions

cdnmatt
April 19th, 2021, 09:16
And says hospitals are so scarce on resources they're now asking for donations from the public, and doctors say this mandatory admitance law is absolutely unrealistic, which it is. Considering everything, Thailand probably hasn't even started their outbreak yet. Wait a few more weeks, then they'll really be in the thick of things.

Sucks to say, but cat's out of the bag now, so containment is no longer going to happen. Time for mitigation.

arsenal
April 19th, 2021, 10:19
"Thailand probably hasn't even started their outbreak yet. Wait a few more weeks, then they'll really be in the thick of things."

Sad to say but I think you're probably right.

arsenal
May 17th, 2021, 20:28
Tui, second from the left.
Mar, in the middle.
Dong, second from the right.
Not entirely sure about the ones on each end.

Manforallseasons
May 17th, 2021, 21:17
Tui, second from the left.
Mar, in the middle.
Dong, second from the right.
Not entirely sure about the ones on each end.

Starting from the right is Dewey to his right is Mark to the right of Mark is Tong.......Dewey and Tong were lucky they found real jobs, Mark with his wife and have returned to his home province.
The fixation with NB was valid once but even before Covid the best of the lot left and the owner was always too lazy to find new talent.

latintopxxx
May 18th, 2021, 03:26
great photo...would love to be at their reunion party in 20 years time when they are back in the countrytside surrounded by their kids and grand kids...reminicing about the good old days..like who sucked the most cock and who took it up the butt the best..

Oliver2
May 18th, 2021, 13:29
My Thai friends are all in their thirties, survivors from my Butterfly Days....and let me tell you this, they are still as cute (in one case, cuter) than they were in the 2000s.

a447
May 18th, 2021, 15:33
Jack was the first guy I ever offed from a bar in Bangkok. He was in his early twenties, had a toned body and a huge fat Isaan cock. He quickly became a regular companion in my bed,

I then moved on as I found more and more of the same in other Soi Twilight bars.

He then appeared to have left the scene. When I next saw him he was working in Boys Bangkok and was now in his thirties. I couldn't believe my eyes - he looked exactly as he did 10 years earlier!

Unfortunately, I did not. :(

Dodger
May 18th, 2021, 15:40
great photo...would love to be at their reunion party in 20 years time when they are back in the countrytside surrounded by their kids and grand kids...reminicing about the good old days..like who sucked the most cock and who took it up the butt the best..

Kinda like we're doing now.

arsenal
May 18th, 2021, 15:45
And the guy on the far right is....? Anybody know?

dinagam
May 18th, 2021, 16:17
My Thai friends are all in their thirties, survivors from my Butterfly Days....and let me tell you this, they are still as cute (in one case, cuter) than they were in the 2000s.

Not trying to bring the clouds on arsenal's Nice Boys boys parade, this pic below is a grim reminder of the inexorably cruel ageing process which does not appear to slow down the fulfilment of conjugal duties. I fondly remember seeing so many handsome and attractive youths in Laos but the senior population seemed to have lost it all once they entered their fourth decade partly contributed by the abundant supply of cheap Lao beer and other intoxicants apart from a sedentary lifestyle.

Zebedee
May 18th, 2021, 16:48
Not trying to bring the clouds on arsenal's Nice Boys boys parade, this pic below is a grim reminder of the inexorably cruel ageing process which does not appear to slow down the fulfilment of conjugal duties. I fondly remember seeing so many handsome and attractive youths in Laos but the senior population seemed to have lost it all once they entered their fourth decade partly contributed by the abundant supply of cheap Lao beer and other intoxicants apart from a sedentary lifestyle.

I had to look hard to identify the various body parts in that photo, his partner is no spring chicken herself. His expression seems to suggest he is merely doing his regular duty, not like that of some members here on arrival in Pattaya after Covid finishes! WHooaa Pony LOL

arsenal
May 21st, 2021, 10:41
Noon. The boy on the far left is Noon. That only leaves the boy on the far right to be identified.

Beer. Quite a tour de force. I've seen her bollock some hapless waiter to tears in Kaos and I've been there in NB when she's turned the music off to tell them they're in the sex industry and to get their act together and not look like a bunch if day releases from Bang Kwang (My interpretation).

Also capable of extreme generosity. New boys often stay with her and when the police introduced some motorbike licence she said to them all.
"It's 1000 baht, you don't have 1000 baht so I'll pay."
Quote byTiger. My all time number one go go boy.

At one point I biitched that she had 3 boys who didn't go with customers or if they did wouldn't perform. Shortly afterwards 2 of the 3 had changed their policies.

And boys. From Am to Yai and all the letters inbetween she has consistently provided incredibly hot boys who have given me immeasurable pleasure. So I raise a glass to Beer and await our reacquaintance asap. Cheers. Mine's an orange juice.

dab69
January 11th, 2022, 07:36
any update pics for the homesick?

christianpfc
January 11th, 2022, 09:09
No pics from inside the bar as to their policy. I was in Nice Boys on 3jan2022 (about 6 boys shirtless and 6 customers) and on 8jan (5 boys and one other customer). From 9jan on, opening times will be 5-9 pm. Outside not much traffic, maybe one pedestrian and one car or mocy passing every minute.

goji
January 25th, 2022, 00:22
Another Sunee bar owner told us that Nice Boys will move to the site of the old Forest House bar, as a host bar, with some kind of "upstairs" service in what would be the old Cocktail/Tom Yum bar.

I suspect this will not last, but will assess it when I see it.

Manforallseasons
January 25th, 2022, 08:16
Another Sunee bar owner told us that Nice Boys will move to the site of the old Forest House bar, as a host bar, with some kind of "upstairs" service in what would be the old Cocktail/Tom Yum bar.

I suspect this will not last, but will assess it when I see it.

This is indeed sad news but not a surprise. I had so many wonderful offs from NB.....I suppose its a sign of the times.

Dodger
January 25th, 2022, 09:04
This is indeed sad news but not a surprise. I had so many wonderful offs from NB.....I suppose its a sign of the times.

They're contemplating moving 2 doors down and doubling their space - not closing.

latintopxxx
January 25th, 2022, 09:13
I'm bored....please help...post pics of cute gogos...

Manforallseasons
January 25th, 2022, 09:15
They contemplating moving 2 doors down and doubling their space - not closing.

As a beer bar with space upstairs....won't last....unfortunately. Maybe if they paint the ground out front with a rainbow flag and install a wheelchair ramp it might have a chance.:mocking_mini:
But it was nice to recall Tom Yum.

goji
January 25th, 2022, 10:06
As a beer bar with space upstairs....won't last....unfortunately. Maybe if they paint the ground out front with a rainbow flag and install a wheelchair ramp it might have a chance..

A Gogo business model at least offers something different to Jomtien. To stand a chance, what they need to do is employ some nice boys, dress them in underwear and make sure they are on the stage. Nice Boys has been failing with all 3 of these basic requirements recently.
So instead of fixing the gogo bar, they are apparently going to try a business model which has never lasted anywhere else. Whether their management can make a go of this remains to be seen, but like MFAS, I think it won't last.

I'm sure the Arabs would love the rainbow flag idea.

goji
January 25th, 2022, 12:01
I'm bored....please help...post pics of cute gogos...

1 Nice Boys haven't had cute gogo boys for years, so don't expect that in this thread.

2 When people do post pictures of cute lads, all they get is troll rtesponses. So they stop posting pictures and star talking about squirrels instead.
The ratio of interesting content to troll content deteriorates. This becomes self reinforcing, as only a certain type of new member sticks around.

Oliver2
January 25th, 2022, 14:09
When did Nice last have go go? Assuming "go go" still means dancing, that is. All I recall was a group of guys standing on the podium, amusing themselves and sometimes each other. Unless invited by a falang to share their qualities.

Manforallseasons
January 25th, 2022, 14:56
1 Nice Boys haven't had cute gogo boys for years, so don't expect that in this thread.

2 When people do post pictures of cute lads, all they get is troll rtesponses. So they stop posting pictures and star talking about squirrels instead.
The ratio of interesting content to troll content deteriorates. This becomes self reinforcing, as only a certain type of new member sticks around.

NiceBoys often had good looking boys and were real boys not fem twink "boys". A good friend who sadly passed 2 years ago had been married with 3 grown children however later in life preferred fem twinks. Once I asked him why and he said they are the closest thing to being a woman and still not ladyboys and that certainly explained it.

arsenal
January 25th, 2022, 15:24
"I'm bored....please help...post pics of cute gogos..."

If only a member was prepared to spend the time to acquire the photos and then post them. Oh...If only. Sigh.

a447
January 25th, 2022, 15:35
They're contemplating moving 2 doors down and doubling their space - not closing.

The years I've spent in Asia suggest to me that this is just a face-saving way of saying they're throwing in the towel.

I hope I'm wrong.

Oliver2
January 25th, 2022, 15:52
It's simple; most of the guys who work in the bars just won't dance. If a bar insisted on them doing so, they'd leave and find a different one.
It's -part of a trend; the guys who turned-up in Pattaya thirty years ago were less sophisticated, less self-conscious and less demanding than those of today.
And many of them actually enjoyed dancing. Particularly the more femme ones.

Dodger
January 25th, 2022, 16:01
Nice Boys often had good looking boys and were real boys not fem twink "boys".

Yes, they did at one time have a few really good looking boys, but unfortunately, that was over a decade ago.

Most of the boys that Mak recruited for Beer (as time went on) were what some refer to as the "boy next door types" who weren't (aren't) paid any salaries and basically use his stage to work freelance - shifting between working the apps...the stage...or sitting home with their wives at free-will. The bar makes money on drinks and off fees. The boys make the rest. Completely different business model than the one years ago, where cream-of-the-crop talent was recruited...paid regular salaries plus tips...and who actually danced on stage.

Just for the record; the most popular boys they had on staff (based on how often they got offed) were the super cute fem-type twinks. Those are the ones you saw partying late-night in the disco's wearing designer outfits with 2 baht gold necklaces wrapped around their necks. Don't forget, like them or not, Sunee Plaza's claim-to-fame was centered on slim twinks, fem boys, cute young ladyboys, and young boys in general. There were still plenty of "boy-next-door" types around, so don't get me wrong. but most (not all) punters who preferred this type of boy catered more to Boyztown.

mr giggles
January 25th, 2022, 16:06
This becomes self reinforcing, as only a certain type of new member sticks around.

I wonder why? :crazy_mini: It appears I have to quote the great poster Rush (again):

'the newbie probably tried to find out the scoop through the internet. Which means they found one of the gay Thailand forums. What a scary introduction that must be! If they man up and post their questions . . . yikes! Doubtful they’ll get the answers they were looking for. But before the thread goes totally off the track (that’d be by responding post #5) they’ll be accused of being someone they never heard of...'

There's a real incentive for newbies...NOT!

goji
January 25th, 2022, 17:14
Yes, they did at one time have a few really good looking boys, but unfortunately, that was over a decade ago.
Sounds about right. The last time I offed one from there was over 5 years ago and I don't recall him being a 10/10 either.

The years I've spent in Asia suggest to me that this is just a face-saving way of saying they're throwing in the towel.
I hope I'm wrong.
I got the impression they had mentally thrown in the towel when visiting a few weeks ago. Boys in jeans, dodging the stage and nothing at all to justify paying 200 Baht for a drink.

gerefan2
January 25th, 2022, 17:16
If only a member was prepared to spend the time to acquire the photos and then post them. Oh...If only. Sigh.
Loss of short term memory?!!

https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showthread.php?21681-Nice-Boys-In-Sunee&p=275242&highlight=#post275242

Post 203,. Was specially for you

dinagam
January 25th, 2022, 18:08
It's simple;
It's -part of a trend; the guys who turned-up in Pattaya thirty years ago were less sophisticated, less self-conscious and less demanding than those of today.
And many of them actually enjoyed dancing. Particularly the more femme ones.

Those who are still alive are enjoying their retirement back in the village.

latintopxxx
January 26th, 2022, 01:02
looks "young" enough to clamber back onto the stage...

dinagam
January 26th, 2022, 08:03
Actually he has well defined and toned muscles compared to the skinny lads you see on stage in Pattaya who could benefit from some work on the farm from time to time...

Dodger
January 26th, 2022, 10:23
Actually he has well defined and toned muscles compared to the skinny lads you see on stage in Pattaya who could benefit from some work on the farm from time to time...

Yes, those poor skinny fem boys certainly need to spend some time back on the farm beefing up those muscles.

Just like Pum pictured below:

dinagam
January 26th, 2022, 10:43
Oh! She could well be a wet nurse for those poor orphan kids.

christianpfc
January 26th, 2022, 10:50
My tastes are well catered for at Nice Boys. I would rather have the boys on stage in underwear than in trousers, but as long as they are at least shirtless I will come back (in these difficult times, with no other option; before Covid I used to go to A-Bomb every trip just to tell them that I expect to see boys in underwear in a bar that charges gogo prices for drinks, and then leave).

I couldn't care less if they are actually dancing on stage. Some movement of any form, to see them from different angles, is fine for me. If I want to see male dancing, I would go to a ballet or show at The Venue or similar.

latintopxxx
January 26th, 2022, 11:26
i just want straight acting/looking guys...fem or trans are a definite no no...

Manforallseasons
January 26th, 2022, 12:39
i just want straight acting/looking guys...fem or trans are a definite no no...

U should avoid Pattaya at the moment until maybe the gogo bars in Boystown return to something resembling
Normal. The complex might have a few Cambodian manish stragglers but most likely hideous fem "boys" that gogi and Dodger prefer.

goji
January 26th, 2022, 13:25
U should avoid Pattaya

Avoid taking advice off bigoted old fools who say one thing and do another.

Spending years telling people to go elsewhere, whilst staying here is inconsistent and lacking credibility.
Advising on the bar scene, whilst never visiting the bars, or having any ambition to do so, is questionable.

Who knows where the inconsistencies end? For all we know, despite the prejudiced references to "real boys", there might be a harem of ladyboys entertaining at MFAS Mansion every night.

gerefan2
January 26th, 2022, 17:38
The complex might have a few Cambodian manish stragglers but most likely hideous fem "boys" .

You consistently tell us you do NOT visit Jomtien Complex. How do you come to this conclusion?

I frequently visit Jomtien while I’m here in Thailand (contrary to some expats advice that I would be wasting my time) and that is certainly not what I see.

Manforallseasons
January 26th, 2022, 19:48
I frequently visit Jomtien while I’m here in Thailand (contrary to some expats advice that I would be wasting my time) and that is certainly not what I see.

Frankly, I don't think you are there for the "boys" and see little further than where your next beer is coming from.

arsenal
January 26th, 2022, 20:34
A well lubricated gerefan2 goes in search of his favourite tipple.

StevieWonders
January 27th, 2022, 01:48
Spending years telling people to go elsewhere, whilst staying here is inconsistent and lacking credibility.
Advising on the bar scene, whilst never visiting the bars, or having any ambition to do so, is questionable.
Newbies should be aware that goji (who has never lived anywhere except his country of birth and is only an occasional sex tourist) is a firm believer that someone who has upped sticks and lived in a foreign country for twenty years and now is a very senior citizen somehow has the option to migrate somewhere else

arsenal
January 27th, 2022, 06:08
Are you referring to yourself? It would explain a lot.

Dodger
January 27th, 2022, 08:19
Are you referring to yourself? It would explain a lot.

All dressed up - but nowhere to go.

arsenal
January 27th, 2022, 09:51
I do believe that's steviewonders houseboy.

Dodger
January 28th, 2022, 11:10
I heard from a reliable source that Nice Boys is in fact packing up and reopening as a host bar 2 doors down at Forest House.

Apparently they're planning to open next Wednesday but plase don't quote me on that. I'm not sure what Beers plans are for the upper level (Cocktail Boys) yet.

goji
January 28th, 2022, 11:48
I heard from a reliable source that Nice Boys is in fact packing up and reopening as a host bar 2 doors down at Forest House.

That's already been mentioned in this thread 4 days ago.

goji
January 28th, 2022, 12:53
Work ongoing. Note the door from Forest House to the staircase. Staff were seen going from the current premises to the new site.

Dodger
January 28th, 2022, 13:00
That's already been mentioned in this thread 4 days ago.

Yes...but that post didn't include the "when".

I thought a little drum roll was in order...LOL

arsenal
January 28th, 2022, 14:10
Taken a few years ago now, an early photo of MFAS trying to get the fat lady to sing regarding Nice Boys and Sunee. Many years on and it seems she still ignores him. The fat lady still ain't singing.

a447
January 28th, 2022, 16:20
Taken a few years ago ..

Then his manboobs are probably down by his waist by now!

Manforallseasons
January 28th, 2022, 17:56
I believe the new bar will be called Night Boy Pub....I wish them luck.....they will need it!

goji
January 28th, 2022, 21:47
I believe the new bar will be called Night Boy Pub....I wish them luck.....they will need it!

They will need luck and good management, which the bar was lacking in recent years and particularly lacking on my last visit, when boys in jeans were not even bothering to go on the stage. I don't mind paying 200 Baht for a drink to cover the cost of the entertainment. When they forget the entertainment and still want 200 Baht, they can go f*** themselves.

As for the Feb 1 opening date, are any board members planning to rush out and see the old Gogo bar before it closes, or the new boring host bar ?
I doubt it. The expats here rarely go to the bars and the contributing tourists are either not Nice Boys fans, or haven't been to Pattaya for a couple of years.

I think I'm the last one here to report a personal visit to the bar. They had given up.
I'm more interested in seeing Winner Boys.

Dodger
January 29th, 2022, 07:35

I think I'm the last one here to report a personal visit to the bar. They had given up.

At the risk of sounding naïve and/or overly optimistic, I think if they had truly given up they would have simply closed Nice Boys and called it a day...but they didn't.

My assumption is that Beer and Mak saw the writing on the wall...knew the days of gogo bars were numbered...know the future market potential (as dismal as it appears right now) better than any of us sitting on this side of the table, and decided that opening a host bar (and possibly another venue on the upper level) could have some potential. Based on that assumption, I'm going to hold off on making any predictions about the success of their new venture until things have had time to play out.

All we can right now is wish them the best.

JayToff
January 29th, 2022, 11:46
They will need luck and good management, which the bar was lacking in recent years and particularly lacking on my last visit, when boys in jeans were not even bothering to go on the stage. I don't mind paying 200 Baht for a drink to cover the cost of the entertainment. When they forget the entertainment and still want 200 Baht, they can go f*** themselves.

The boys weren't on stage because they still aren't allowed on stage, according to the measures still in place - or at least the way that they are being enforced -, not because they, or management, can't be arsed. That is true of all the a go-gos, both straight and gay. The girlie a go-gos on LK Metro that have opened still don't have girls on stage either. See the following video from a couple of days ago. You need only watch till 02:20.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vqy3P8rE1kY

The boys at Nice have never been shy or lazy about going up on stage and I'm fairly sure that they would be on stage if it were allowed, as would the girls on LK.

The same rules seem to be in-place in Bangkok. Venues can open, but no entertainment on stage allowed yet. In Bangkok, the Moonlight "models" were recently acting as servers in the pseudo-restaurant at Hot Male. Boys and girls are available in the bars now. Stage acts are not.

As far as f***ing themselves goes, that's an act that I have yet to see at Nice. If you do come across a venue where that is on offer, please do share.

In the meantime, your continued reporting from the frontline is appreciated. Do keep it coming.

goji
January 29th, 2022, 12:23
The boys weren't on stage because they still aren't allowed on stage, according to the measures still in place - or at least the way that they are being enforced

An interesting theory, which may well explain matters.

However, there were about 8 boys in the bar, of which about 3 appeared on the stage, for some of the time. In jeans.
The remainder avoided the stage, the whole time. Including the one who might have been of interest, had he looked away from his phone for a few seconds.

So if they were allowed to open, but without boys on the stage, that wasn't strictly enforced.
I'd also like to know what rules require them to wear jeans, rather than underwear or shorts.
There are plenty of other bars in town with exposed legs, including staff in shorts at gay bars and ladies in short dresses at girly bars. Plus customers in shorts at Nice Boys.

Finally, I doubt Nice Boys was licensed as a restaurant and SHA+ approved. Which would have been a requirement to open legally at the time.

Dodger
January 29th, 2022, 13:19
An interesting theory, which may well explain matters.

However, there were about 8 boys in the bar, of which about 3 appeared on the stage, for some of the time. In jeans.

Honestly, I think Jay Toff did a great job explaining this to you.

Serious times...everybody scrambling to make things work...pulling together...supporting versus criticizing...hoping for a break.

goji
January 29th, 2022, 13:28
Too late to edit my last post.

One other observation. My last visit to Nice Boys was shortly after they reopened. I was in there almost an hour, as I went with another farang who wanted to give them a chance.
They must have had 8 or more customers in that time, but almost all left quickly.
That's more farang than I've seen at any of the other Sunee bars during this trip.

Some expats, who haven't spent a single baht in the bar for months, might say I'm over critical. However, if none of the other customers stayed, something isn't quite right with the offer. Life can be tough.

The new venture will also not be easy. The same as the other Sunee host bars, unless they pull a rabbit out of the hat. E.g Run a very revealing gogo bar, exploiting the upstairs part of the premises.

dab69
January 29th, 2022, 14:25
Maybe they will have upstairs a restaurant where you may be "served" in bed - like that restaurant in Bangkok.

maump
January 29th, 2022, 19:58
Yes, those poor skinny fem boys certainly need to spend some time back on the farm beefing up those muscles.

Just like Pum pictured below:

Anyone ever see any ads for "Tomboys"? i mean trans men, masculine no tits but still has pussy. its one of my fantasies. Lady boys don't interest me but a hot guy with 2 holes... well might be fun!

gerefan2
January 29th, 2022, 21:05
Talk 99 used to be really busy Tomboy haunt but the new rules now only allow outside seating, so it is a bit boring nowadays.

Also the seats are extremely uncomfortable.

It’s open each evening until 11 pm, but is nothing like it used to be. It is currently not worth visiting until they operate again inside.

This is their active website.

https://web.facebook.com/portalk99/?_rdc=1&_rdr

There were also few other places nearby such as “4 Step “ or “Seasons” and “Full Moon Tomboy” both on Third Road towards Pattaya Tai

They seem to be permanently closed at the moment.

Dodger
January 30th, 2022, 08:13
Talk 99 used to be really busy Tomboy haunt but the new rules now only allow outside seating, so it is a bit boring nowadays.

Also the seats are extremely uncomfortable.

It’s open each evening until 11 pm, but is nothing like it used to be. It is currently not worth visiting until they operate again inside.

This is their active website.

https://web.facebook.com/portalk99/?_rdc=1&_rdr

There were also few other places nearby such as “4 Step “ or “Seasons” and “Full Moon Tomboy” both on Third Road towards Pattaya Tai

They seem to be permanently closed at the moment.

He's not interested in "Tomboys" (lesbians)...he's interested in men with pussy's.

Dodger
January 30th, 2022, 08:20
Anyone ever see any ads for "Tomboys"? i mean trans men, masculine no tits but still has pussy. its one of my fantasies. Lady boys don't interest me but a hot guy with 2 holes... well might be fun!

Plenty of Toms around (lesbians) but finding a man with no tits and a pussy is a bit more challenging...you kinky devil.

You should PM Steviewonder. Maybe he'd be kind enough to send you some selfies.

catawampuscat
February 1st, 2022, 16:22
I had a good time last night in Nice Boys. There were 7 boys and they started standing on the stage and then sat on the stage facing
me. At least 5 were pulling on their puds.
If you don’t tip, the boys quickly lose interest. Best to put some baht in the wooden bin and
tip the boys. Even 20 b. notes will have the boys motivated, more baht more interest.
Some elderly farangs sit on their hands and never tip.
The boss said the bar would move soon to old Forest bar and the upstairs bar as well.
My issue is with the lighting in Nice Boys but at least the a/c was good and no one smoking cigarettes.

arsenal
February 1st, 2022, 16:34
Comments about smoking in brothels always make me smile. The bars where customers smoke have boys who smoke customers.

goji
February 1st, 2022, 16:59
Were they in underwear this time ?

goji
February 1st, 2022, 19:35
Nice Boys is still open on 1 Feb at the "old" location. I did not venture inside.
The new bar remains closed and has no signs up yet.

dab69
February 1st, 2022, 20:33

"At least 5 were pulling on their puds. "

Who cares about underwear? (besides Christian...)

Going to miss that place in it's present form.
I can see me on their old bars terrace lighting a candle on my next visit.

catawampuscat
February 1st, 2022, 22:07

No, pants that easily pulled off. Several of them tugged and pulled their puds until at full mast, when they came to me
for a playful examination of their goods, front and rear. Just tip, that’s all it takes! No money, no honey..

goji
February 1st, 2022, 22:43
In the traditional gogo model, the high drink prices cover the cost of boys in underwear and any tips are either discretionary or to cover further service.

If the high drink prices only pay for boys in jeans, customers will go elsewhere.

Manforallseasons
February 1st, 2022, 23:23
Even before Covid N.B. lost it’s luster, Bier was never proactive in acquiring boys hence what was left was long in the tooth and not noteworthy.

dab69
February 1st, 2022, 23:38
In the traditional gogo model, the high drink prices cover the cost of boys in underwear and any tips are either discretionary or to cover further service.

If the high drink prices only pay for boys in jeans, customers will go elsewhere.

Apparently the rules have to be somewhat followed.
Maybe you could ask them to stop flogging and pull up their underwear for you.
They are flogging and some whine here about freaking UNDERWEAR?

"Customers" can go elsewhere? Good luck with that.

Dodger
February 2nd, 2022, 09:43
I always liked gogo bars for the beer...cute boys...some friendly chat...and a few butts to pinch along the way. The type of entertainment I'm interested in can wait until we're back in the loom. Watching a boy flipping his cock around in a bar does nothing for me. If anything, it ruins the mood.

Different strokes for different folks (meant literally). I'm not into gladiator sports and watching a guy jag off in a punters glass is even more disgusting - and not something I traveled half-way around the globe to endure watching.

Don't you guys ever look at his face?

goji
February 2nd, 2022, 10:39
Different strokes for different folks (meant literally). I'm not into gladiator sports and watching a guy jag off in a punters glass is even more disgusting - and not something I traveled half-way around the globe to endure watching.

Don't you guys ever look at his face?

Agreed. Euro Boys was more my kind of gogo. Cute boys in white underwear. Bright lighting. If looking for a boy to off, I look for one who can make eye contact and smile.

Going to Nice Boys to watch some tattooed lad tossing off into a cup doesn't appeal to everyone.

Dodger
February 2nd, 2022, 11:01
Euro Boys was more my kind of gogo. Cute boys in white underwear. Bright lighting. If looking for a boy to off, I look for one who can make eye contact and smile.

That eye contact & smile you're describing melts me. We're on exactly the same page brother.

Oliver2
February 2nd, 2022, 13:50
No objection to nudity.....during the Good Old Days, I recall bars in Bangkok and Patong where there was nude dancing. Occasionally I saw it in K Boys , the precursor of Nice. Very occasionally.

But I don't enjoying seeing the guys being pleasured by falangs, or vice versa. I suppose that if the falangs were twinks, I'd feel different. And I do remember one (and one only) occasion when a young falang was hauled- very willingly- onto the podium of a Soi Twilight bar, undressed and explored.

I put up with that....though the nude dancing was better!

latintopxxx
February 2nd, 2022, 14:19
...nonsense...love the perversity...a decrepit old fart slobbering over a nubile smooth bubble butted gogo...because he can...

goji
February 2nd, 2022, 15:11
No objection to nudity.....during the Good Old Days, I recall bars in Bangkok and Patong where there was nude dancing. Occasionally I saw it in K Boys , the precursor of Nice. Very occasionally. I've no objection to full and continuous nudity either and would prefer that to the white undies. However, a few lads who start off in jeans and then get their cock out to toss off isn't the same as full continuous nudity.

Also, for whatever reason, having all the staff lined up on stage and continuously nude seems to be for girly bars only and not boy bars. I guess it's all about customer numbers and how much tea money can be paid.

gerefan2
February 2nd, 2022, 23:05
Neither the “new venue” nor the old Nice Boys open as I walked past this evening Wednesday 3 February at 20.00 hours.

latintopxxx
February 3rd, 2022, 00:14
the straight gogos know what the customer wants...they advertise it out in the open, naked flesh on a stage to be rented...i love the masssage places where the masseiurs line up to be selected..me the king because im paying take my time...will call one over..grope the butt and buttocks to make sure its firm and not flabby...send it back..take my time making the selection..

Dodger
February 3rd, 2022, 07:53
.......i love the masssage places where the masseiurs line up to be selected..me the king because im paying take my time...will call one over..grope the butt and buttocks to make sure its firm and not flabby...send it back..take my time making the selection..

After completing a full inspection of their genital areas, I like to line them up and have them reach down and touch the floor to check for flexibility, proper spine alignment, and the general condition of their anal apertures. I also have them open their mouths to check for cavities or other dental irregularities, as well as the length of their tongues. I actually carry a tape measure with me for this very purpose.

latintopxxx
February 3rd, 2022, 09:34
..excellent...man after my own tastes...

arsenal
February 3rd, 2022, 16:29
Total nudity on stage was going on in Nice Boys, X-boys and Dynamite Boys. Winner Boys allowed loads of hot fun and in its day Eros was positively ancient Greek. Goodboys and the place it moved to both allowed disrobing of boys.

goji
February 3rd, 2022, 16:53
My interpretation of total nudity = all the boys lined up on stage wearing nothing. A row of butts visible from one side and cocks on the other.

I've never seen that in there, although of course some get their cocks out for people who like wanking displays. Some like that, some do not. Admittedly my visits to the bar were rare.

From today's picture, we see the zebra print transferred to the Forest House premises.

It's a little too soon to judge this venture. However, my idea of taking the best parts of the Forest House and Nice Boys formats would involve Forest House boys doing a proper gogo bar.

arsenal
February 3rd, 2022, 17:07
Goji. Every boy would take his pants off if the customer asked him to.

Manforallseasons
February 3rd, 2022, 17:41
I am waiting for a report of the going’s on upstairs where the former Tom Yum GoGo was and I imagine if indeed something interesting is happening upstairs there will be one price for a drink downstairs and another for upstairs.

Dodger
February 3rd, 2022, 17:45
I am waiting for a report of the going’s on upstairs where the former Tom Yum GoGo was and I imagine if indeed something interesting is happening upstairs there will be one price for a drink downstairs and another for upstairs.

I hope you're right.

goji
February 3rd, 2022, 18:00

They appear to still be doing the building and renovation work around the stairs area.

I agree that some form of upstairs/downstairs pricing is likely, as downstairs has to compete with other Sunee host bars and upstairs needs to pull in more revenue, to fund whatever is offered up there.

I don't know what the wholesale price of beer is, but it has to be below the 40 Baht supermarket price.
Let's guess at 30 Baht.
Selling beer at a 200 Baht Nice Boys price leaves a 170 Baht gross margin.
Selling beer at a Sunee host bar price of 80 Baht leaves just 50 Baht gross margin.

So for the downstairs part to work, they need a lot more customers at a time when the typical Sunee host bar has between 0 and 5 customers. In that scenario, to have any kind of net margin, they may need to either cut the number of hosts or convert most customers into "upstairs" customers.

Good luck to them.

arsenal
February 3rd, 2022, 18:12
"This is the LORD'S doing; it is marvellous in our eyes."
King James Bible

gerefan2
February 3rd, 2022, 18:58
Let’s hope there is some progress at Fridays meeting about reopening entertainment,and thus Gogo bars...that is the few that are left to reopen in Pattaya.

Manforallseasons
February 3rd, 2022, 21:08
Bier has never been shy about prices @ NB……My guess the downstairs bar will charge 100 for a beer 150 for a mixed drink and 250 for any drink upstairs with an off of 500, if this is to be successful it has to give the customers something that places such as the one other GoGo in Sunee and most bars in the complex cannot which is good looking straight boys that are willing an able.

goji
February 3rd, 2022, 21:44
Bier has never been shy about prices @ NB……My guess the downstairs bar will charge 100 for a beer 150 for a mixed drink and 250 for any drink upstairs with an off of 500.

That's fine as long as they deliver value commensurate with those prices and as long as the market for their style of boy and entertainment is large enough.

The previous bar got the same kind of response as Marmite.

Oliver2
February 4th, 2022, 13:55
What's going to happen at the old premises? the number of boarded-up, derelict properties in and around Sunee was a factor in the area's decline, as well as a symptom of it.
One such property- "Superboys"?- was empty in 2000 or so and has never, to my knowledge, operated as a bar since. Or as anything.

Add to this the darkness and visible decline of the surrounding area once the shisha bars closed, making the walk to Sunee unappealing. Soi VC needs more bright lights..

goji
February 4th, 2022, 14:06
What's going to happen at the old premises? the number of boarded-up, derelict properties in and around Sunee was a factor in the area's decline, as well as a symptom of it.

One of the positive points about the Jomtien layout is that not only do we have the cute lads at our chosen bar, but often there are some directly opposite.
Whereas now, if we go to Sunee, it's a case of sitting at a bar with one or two staff and there's nothing whatsoever across the street. That's likely to remain the case now Nice Boys has moved to the Forest House location. It's been said that they get lower rent on the new premises. I don't entirely see why the rent would be lower, unless the landlord decided it's advantageous to have a bar occupied at the entrance and priced it lower to achieve that objective.

arsenal
February 4th, 2022, 15:56
The rent on Forest House is miniscule. Across the world landlords of retail units need to realise that the rental value has decreased in line with the customer base. If the rents were half then most places could still carry on. Not just Sunee but Boyztown also. The rents in Jomtien are brutal, a victim of its own success.

If anyone can make this venture a success then Bier can, provided she operates as the Bier of about 4 years ago and not the one of two.

Rose coloured glaser are worn about the good old days Bars changed hands very quickly, it's just that there was always someone new who wanted a working holiday from their life.

Successful go go bars on Sunee tend to be naughty but accessible. Power Boys was accessible but sterile. Goodboys was naughty but a little forebiding*. Eros, Nice Boys and indeed Winner Boys are both.

* The owner never managed to market his place properly. If everyone had known that not only was it great fun but that the offs from there were always excellent he'd probably still be going strong.

The magic ingredient for success. No one but no one knows.

Dodger
February 4th, 2022, 17:23

The magic ingredient for success. No one but no one knows.

There is only one ingredient, and that's "BOYS".

goji
February 4th, 2022, 23:44
One customer in there when I walked past this evening.

Three boys, of which at least one was smoking.
I wonder how much demand there is for rough trade in a host bar ?

Brad the Impala
February 5th, 2022, 02:27

Too hard to count beyond that number?

StevieWonders
February 5th, 2022, 03:10
I wonder how much demand there is for rough trade in a host bar ?Especially with arsenal confined to China indefinitely

Dodger
February 5th, 2022, 07:58

I wonder how much demand there is for rough trade in a host bar ?

Forest is an open-air bar with a pool table - so seeing a boy smoking isn't going to freak too many people out..

The challenge Beer and Mak face is finding and recruiting the right talent. If they're relying on the aging str8 men they have at Nice Boys now I'm afraid they're in for a big disappointment.

If they were smart they'd recruit a seasoned ladyboy mamasan to find and recruit the type of boys that put Sunee on the map, e.g., young, slim, cute, twinks, boyish str8's, etc. Str8 boys are fine, but they need to be young, handsome as hell, and versatile. The upstairs venue should be like Eros.

Manforallseasons
February 5th, 2022, 10:20
A good friend who knows Bier well took a tour of the upstairs at NB….I is not a GoGo but will open as a late night Karaoke…Just what Sunee doesn’t need!

Dodger
February 5th, 2022, 10:45
A good friend who knows Bier well took a tour of the upstairs at NB….I is not a GoGo but will open as a late night Karaoke…Just what Sunee doesn’t need!

That doesn't have a good ring to it.

Oliver2
February 5th, 2022, 14:05
Upstairs? Who remembers Happy Boys? not Neil's place but the one around the corner from Sunee.

Not that I would ever have dreamt of mounting the stairs to the first floor (or "second" as our US friends call it), too busy enjoying the revealing little Grecian skirts the twinks downstairs displayed on their individual podiums....

OK, I admit that I did go on a couple of occasions, accompanied by dancers. The public displays of affection that upset my sensibilities in the main bars were discreet and hidden by the darkness.

There was a rumour of a floor above where....well, I don't really know. I never got beyond the second.

Anyway, returning to Nice Boys I'd have thought that Happy's business model may prove worth trying again, particularly if Dodger's twinks- an
endangered species- were available.

goji
February 5th, 2022, 14:30
Anyway, returning to Nice Boys I'd have thought that Happy's business model may prove worth trying again, particularly if Dodger's twinks- an
endangered species- were available.

It seems there will be a few differences between the two business models.

Instead of the cute Happy Boys, we get Nice Boys rough trade.
Instead of the loose shorts that let it all hang out, we get full clothing.
Then upstairs, we have Karaoke, if reports are accurate.

I presume they are targeting a completely different type of customer.

a447
February 5th, 2022, 14:47
I presume they are targeting a completely different type of customer.

Yes. Sounds like they are chasing local clients, not horny farang.

I was also thinking along the lines of Happy Boys. A bit of tease downstairs but an upstairs area for the real fun activities to take place.

A karaoke bar puts an end to that.

arsenal
February 5th, 2022, 15:32
NO NO NO. Let not the mongers and purveyors of doom enter thy kingdom of hedonism. Cast forth all those who shalt besmirch unto thee and let their mendacity be heard no more. Send into the wilderness those who blaspheme for their shrill hollow voices are an ugliness unto pleasure. Begone from the festivities and fast on thy's own self misery for to let others partake of the bountiful bounty.

Boys.
Karaoke...open until 6.00am
Boys
Bier
Upstairs....nudge nudge wink wink
Boys
Freelance Boys
Beer

The opportunities are multiple. The hunt the hunt. The sight of 1000 tigers in zoos does not equal a glimpse of one in the wild.

francois
February 5th, 2022, 22:44
Upstairs? Who remembers Happy Boys? not Neil's place but the one around the corner from Sunee.

Not that I would ever have dreamt of mounting the stairs to the first floor (or "second" as our US friends call it), too busy enjoying the revealing little Grecian skirts the twinks downstairs displayed on their individual podiums....

OK, I admit that I did go on a couple of occasions, accompanied by dancers. The public displays of affection that upset my sensibilities in the main bars were discreet and hidden by the darkness.

There was a rumour of a floor above where....well, I don't really know. I never got beyond the second.

Yes, there was a floor above, but it was a disappointment. The middle/second floor was oh so wonderful!

Manforallseasons
February 5th, 2022, 23:19
Though the new location is the former Forest House there is no mention that NB current location is closedown.

Manforallseasons
February 5th, 2022, 23:30

There was a rumour of a floor above where....well, I don't really know. I never got beyond the second. .

There was indeed a useful third floor.

thaiophilus
February 6th, 2022, 01:35
There was indeed a useful third floor.

I seem to recall there was a period when massage services were being offered.

Dodger
February 6th, 2022, 07:53
Though the new location is the former Forest House there is no mention that NB current location is closedown.

Good point. So far just rumors.

goji
February 6th, 2022, 09:12
We were told that Nice Boys would be moving, not expanding to a second site.

So far, the new site part is almost exactly as explained. Except for a slight doubt over the precise nature of the upstairs offering.
When I have walked past, the new bar has been open. I didn't check the old site, but saw no signs of life and no one trying to drag customers in.

Dodger
February 6th, 2022, 09:46
We were told that Nice Boys would be moving, not expanding to a second site.

It's possible that Beer and Mak aren't even sure what the final outcome of the move/expansion will be yet.

They've both been firmly connected the local BIB, as well as higher-ups in the "street network" for over two decades now and know how to play the angles, but with the covid restrictions being in a constant state of flux I imagine they' prefer moving slowly and keeping their cards close to their chest.

The way it appears now is that Forest House will be a host bar...and the upstairs could possibly be an arrangement similar to Eros (masked as a karaoke) which is where the money is at. The future of Nice Boys is anyone's guess at this juncture.

No money - no honey. None of this matters if there aren't enough customers to turn a profit.

I imagine the majority of income these bars are receiving now comes from the gay expat community which may or may not be enough to keep them afloat for very long. Beer and Mak are fully aware of these risks as well.

a447
February 6th, 2022, 14:08
Some posts unrelated to this thread have been moved here:

https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showthread.php?22645-Willkommen-in-Bayern!

goji
February 6th, 2022, 20:35
Well, considering the point raised by MFAS, I again walked past these bars, to check their status.

1 The "Unbranded Bar" occupying the former Forest House premises was open. The customers were three fat young Thai ladies and a baby crawling over the pool table (which I guess will not get sanitised afterwards). Plus a farang male on the other side.

2 This time, the lights were on at Nice Boys, with someone trying to invite me in. Unsuccessfully, as I'm not into rough trade.

Manforallseasons
February 7th, 2022, 22:37
It appears that after a renovation the upstairs at Forest Bar aka Night Boy Pub will be a GoGo from 8PM till? at which time it will be a karaoke of sorts however, until the renovation is finished the old location will continue to operate.

gerefan2
February 7th, 2022, 23:43
The customers were three fat young Thai ladies and a baby crawling over the pool table

I thought the minimum age for customers to enter a bar in Thailand was 20....

goji
February 8th, 2022, 11:39
It appears that after a renovation the upstairs at Forest Bar aka Night Boy Pub will be a GoGo from 8PM till? at which time it will be a karaoke of sorts however, until the renovation is finished the old location will continue to operate.

Of course, both gogo bars and karaoke bars are not permitted to open at present, at least in theory.
Last night, the Forest House site was closed, whilst the old Nice Boys appeared to be open.

Elsewhere in Sunee, at an one point a customer pulled down the shorts of one lad and partially removed his underpants. Outside in the street. Outdoors in Sunee Plaza is now about as private as it used to be inside the bars.

a447
February 8th, 2022, 14:23

In Thailand rules are considered more as a suggestion, rather then something to be obeyed.

I once wrote about a woman who turned up at A-bomb with 2 children in tow. She drank alcohol and they had a Coke. (I hope it wasn't rum and Coke!)

Although there was no nudity involved - just guys standing in stage in their underwear - it was still a shock.

Patanawet
February 8th, 2022, 15:20
Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post

This is Thailand SO -- staff can work in bars from the age of 18 BUT cannot go into the bar on their free days till age 20.

dab69
February 24th, 2022, 11:11
Well, since they are no longer an indoor go go bar,
certainly cameras and pictures are allowed...
What talented boys do they still employ?

(hint hint)

:)

Manforallseasons
February 24th, 2022, 13:43
[QUOTE=dab69;288154]Well, since they are no longer an indoor go go bar,
certainly cameras and pictures are allowed...
What talented boys do they still employ?

(hint hint) (Quote)

A friend goes to NB often he says there are 5-7 boys nothing special…..here is an example of a boy once good looking that has returned……..As U can see the years have not been kind!

It is important to understand what is happening in Pattaya…..I don’t see how the very few places left in Sunee can survive, if a few GoGo bars open as usual it will be in Boystown, other than that Jomtien has a completely different formula and should survive as it caters to old farangs with expendable income that are quite happy watching shows and socializing amongst other aged farangs that aren’t there for sex, the “boys” mostly feminine are there more as props.

latintopxxx
February 24th, 2022, 14:28
i think u may be mistaken....i for one will be back with a pent up lust once Thailand makes it less onerous ti visit...

Manforallseasons
February 24th, 2022, 14:40
i think u may be mistaken....i for one will be back with a pent up lust once Thailand makes it less onerous ti visit...

Realistically keep your expectations low and plan to spend most of your time in Bangkok……..You haven’t been here for a long time and this is the new reality with the exception of the apps if you fancy using them you will be ok, as for “Thailand making it less onerous to visit” you only need to fill out a form online to get a Thailand Pass and spend 1 night in an approved hotel to await your Covid test result…….so what are you waiting for?

goji
February 24th, 2022, 15:05
Realistically keep your expectations low and plan to spend most of your time in Bangkok…
Please explain: Why are you recommending Bangkok ?
Is that recommendation based on some recent visits to the bars of Pattaya and Bangkok that you haven't told us about ? Or a more historical perspective ?

As a mere tourist, I've actually been to Bangkok and Pattaya this month.
Whilst there are gogo bars open in Bangkok, they often have only rough trade in Jeans.
Even Fresh Boys which was my favourite on recent visits has the lads in Jeans and few twinks.
Why would I pay 350 baht for a drink to see lads in jeans ?

Rather than follow advice of some expat who might not have even visited certain venues for a few years, just book a few days in each location then decide what to do next. With low hotel occupancy, there is no problem finding somewhere.
Gogo bars: Not worth it at present
Apps: Work fine in Bangkok and Pattaya. Slightly lower tip expectations in Pattaya
Jomtien bars: Good selection of boys, reasonable prices
Soi 4 bars: Usually very few boys. Higher prices. Sometimes loud music, particularly on my most recent visit earlier in the week.

as for “Thailand making it less onerous to visit” you only need to fill out a form online to get a Thailand Pass and spend 1 night in an approved hotel to await your Covid test result…….so what are you waiting for?
Agreed. Now they have abolished the second test, the probability of testing positive on arrival is very low, particularly after taking sensible precautions before and during the trip.
Also, any additional costs are likely to be offset by low hotel prices.

Manforallseasons
February 24th, 2022, 16:13
First of all at this moment I would recommend no GoGo bars as Bangkok has few boys partially dressed in the GoGo bars that are open however, once the fog of Covid lifts and GoGo bars return to a degree of normalcy Bangkok will have a big edge over Pattaya simply because there are more of them, I am only speaking of GoGo bars, sitting in Soi 4 is tantamount to sitting in Jomtien open air bars only with various age groups.

christianpfc
February 24th, 2022, 20:40
A friend goes to NB often he says there are 5-7 boys nothing special…..here is an example of a boy once good looking that has returned……..As U can see the years have not been kind!

The lips! Folk from Chiang Rai! But he gained some weight and I think he didn't have that tattoo on his chest last time (2018?) we met.

christianpfc
February 27th, 2022, 11:01
Posts about new entry rules to Thailand moved to: New-Changes-for-Entry-to-the-Kingdom
https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showthread.php?22695-New-Changes-for-Entry-to-the-Kingdom