PDA

View Full Version : Silom Soi 4 update - Balcony

StevieWonders
November 14th, 2020, 09:09
The bars are awash with reports of an all-hands meeting called by Stuart to inform the staff that, absent a fresh injection of funds, Balcony will close at the end of the month.

Patanawet
November 14th, 2020, 15:44
Well first I would say that in the 20+ years I've been coming to Soi 4 and Balcony, they have had an 'all hands' meeting every Friday at 5 o/clock.. It's called a staff meeting. Most bars have the same.

So I went to the horse's mouth and got this response:
"This is, of course- (expletive deleted). There are rumours all the time on forums and this is just another one fishing for tittle tattle".

StevieWonders
November 14th, 2020, 17:41
So I went to the horse's mouth and got this response:
"This is, of course- (expletive deleted). There are rumours all the time on forums and this is just another one fishing for tittle tattle".My “horse’s mouth” is the owner of one of the other Soi 4 bars, so I guess we’ll find out soon enough what’s misinformation and what’s disinformation

Zebedee
November 14th, 2020, 17:48
There's an obsession with horses on this board,not to mention ponies!

LOl

dinagam
November 14th, 2020, 19:49
A well executed dressage is a joy to the eyes.
Horses and ponies alike.

gerefan2
November 14th, 2020, 21:22
If it does close I think it will probably be the first one to do so in Bangkok. I've not heard of any others closing there. Apart from Soi Twilight, which was different.

On the other hand there are too many to mention that have/are closed in Pattaya.

Let’s hope the rot hasn’t spread.

Brad the Impala
November 15th, 2020, 04:45
My “horse’s mouth” is the owner of one of the other Soi 4 bars, so I guess we’ll find out soon enough what’s misinformation and what’s disinformation

Bar owners are of course known for their balance and adherence to truth when describing the status of their competitors!

StevieWonders
November 15th, 2020, 08:49
My sources (plural) have elaborated. There has already been a further infusion of funds (without which Balcony would have closed) and the source is the owner of Welcome/Banana bars who is, I’m told (you’ll be astounded to hear) a “high ranking policeman”.

Patanawet
November 15th, 2020, 15:13
Ha ha. If I were you, I'd seek new sources.

StevieWonders
November 15th, 2020, 16:40
Ha ha. If I were you, I'd seek new sources.Ditto.

StevieWonders
November 15th, 2020, 19:37
Bar owners are of course known for their balance and adherence to truth when describing the status of their competitors!Equally bar owners may tell you what they want you to believe. I’ve known Patanawet’s horse since his days at Telephone in the very early Nineties and would automatically seek a Stewards’ Enquiry if he told me what the time was. Patanawet is evidently a more trusting fellow.

latintopxxx
November 16th, 2020, 02:59
nothing worse than shuttered shop fronts...dont bar ownwers realise that a vibrant business scene is good for all as it attracts more customers...I dont eat at the same restaurant every day nor do I stick to one bar all week...

Zebedee
November 16th, 2020, 03:56
My “horse’s mouth” is the owner of one of the other Soi 4 bars, so I guess we’ll find out soon enough what’s misinformation and what’s disinformation

A Pony walks into a bar and whispers his order.
The Bartender asks,"Why are you whispering?"
Pony replies, "I'm a little horse"

Boom Boom.

A pony walks into a bar.....and Latintopxx jumps on it!

latintopxxx
November 17th, 2020, 01:10
im sooo offended...

Nirish guy
November 17th, 2020, 02:23
Ya gotta admit LT after all these years it's the joke that just keeps giving :-)

Zebedee
November 17th, 2020, 08:02
im sooo offended...

Relax latintopxxx.....It's only horseplay!

Oliver2
November 17th, 2020, 15:15
It is this forum's one contribution to the Oxford Book of Quotations. Immortality beckons.

Blueskytoday
November 18th, 2020, 08:29
too much back and forth gibber jab.....write about and reply to the subject would be better??

Zebedee
November 19th, 2020, 21:54
The problem is there is little or no news relating to gay Thailand these days, all the topics have been "done to death", e.g. Vaccines, Trials,Travel Insurance, Visas, Flights, Quarantine, Bars shutting down, Bars close to shutting down, as you can see all those relate to a dying gay tourist industry in Thailand. This board relies on fresh input on a regular basis, mostly relating to the boys, when that stops.....well !!!

aot871
November 19th, 2020, 22:09
The problem is there is little or no news relating to gay Thailand these days, all the topics have been "done to death", e.g. Vaccines, Trials,Travel Insurance, Visas, Flights, Quarantine, Bars shutting down, Bars close to shutting down, as you can see all those relate to a dying gay tourist industry in Thailand. This board relies on fresh input on a regular basis, mostly relating to the boys, when that stops.....well !!!

It not only the gay bars in trouble , its the ladyboy and girl bars as well , every thing in pattaya be it bars , massage shops etc are slowly dieing and will continue too , untill the western tourists are allowed back in .

Zebedee
November 19th, 2020, 22:48
It not only the gay bars in trouble , its the ladyboy and girl bars as well , every thing in pattaya be it bars , massage shops etc are slowly dieing and will continue too , untill the western tourists are allowed back in .

Yes of course you are correct,but I was trying to explain why a few of us went off topic on this thread by having a little joke at Latintopxxx 's expense. The topic was near expired anyway, but Blueskytoday was a little peeved by that.

latintopxxx
November 20th, 2020, 00:56
not to be pedantic... dont wanna get on my high horse.....but based on the faces I usually see ts not the western tourits that are the main market...

Nirish guy
November 20th, 2020, 08:24
dont wanna get on my high horse......

You're making this WAY to easy........ :)

Zebedee
November 20th, 2020, 08:48
latintopxxx, is just joining the fun i.e. he can take a joke.

Nirish guy
November 20th, 2020, 16:39
latintopxxx, is just joining the fun i.e. he can take a joke.

Ya think !! ? :)

Zebedee
November 20th, 2020, 18:42
Ya think !! ? :)

Yep.

Patanawet
December 4th, 2020, 17:45
Sorry, but back to the subject of the thread.
I've just received the Balcony Pub newsletter detailing December's programme of events and offers of promotions, free meals etc.
Even the menu for the Christmas Eve dinner. Friends tell me that last year Balcony's dinner was best in the soi and the most reasonably priced by far.
They are continuing live music at weekends with The Voice Thailand singer Aomam and energetic male singer Chris.
There is much more on the newsletter but I don't see a URL for it. You can get it through their website www.Balconypub.com in Thai and English.

Let's hope that puts a stop to the silly rumours at the beginning of this thread.

StevieWonders
December 4th, 2020, 18:21
Let's hope that puts a stop to the silly rumours at the beginning of this thread.Surely with your intimate knowledge of how the horse’s mouth conducts staff meetings you have more information than a public newsletter to go on?

Patanawet
December 4th, 2020, 23:37
Surely with your intimate knowledge of how the horse’s mouth conducts staff meetings you have more information than a public newsletter to go on?

You apparently need to always have the last word. You're welcome.

latintopxxx
December 5th, 2020, 02:04
...cant we throw in a neigh or two...

Brad the Impala
December 5th, 2020, 03:07
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlnZmbVq6pk

StevieWonders
December 5th, 2020, 03:23
You apparently need to always have the last word. You're welcome.
Patanawet’s on his high horse.

GWMinUS
December 5th, 2020, 10:21
Surely with your intimate knowledge of how the horse’s mouth conducts staff meetings you have more information than a public newsletter to go on?

I agree. You should go find another Topic to grind!! :aggressive:

latintopxxx
December 5th, 2020, 11:04
thanks brad...think I'll arrange to play that at my funeral...no dreary sombre music...wanna go out new orleans style...

Dodger
December 7th, 2020, 09:52
thanks brad...think I'll arrange to play that at my funeral...no dreary sombre music...wanna go out new orleans style...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtkrPDRYuyA