PDA

View Full Version : Biden Wins!

Manforallseasons
November 7th, 2020, 22:49
https://cnn.it/3557LNQ

latintopxxx
November 8th, 2020, 02:22
will only believe it once a non fake news outlet announces it...

francois
November 8th, 2020, 09:26
https://www.nytimes.com/

StevieWonders
November 8th, 2020, 10:54
I see Kamala Harris is failing to mention her absymal showing in the primaries or the fact that she's only got to where she is now by riding on the coat-tails of an old white man.

francois
November 8th, 2020, 13:58
Most vice presidents get into that office by riding on the coattails of the President.

catawampuscat
November 8th, 2020, 14:10
Biden was doing poorly in the primaries, coming in 3rd or 4th until his win in South Carolina. Kamala dropped out early.

Moses
November 8th, 2020, 14:54
We are living in interesting time: at past we had "president" and "president-elect" in the news. Now we have "president" and "declared by main TV channels president".

goji
November 8th, 2020, 15:58
It certainly is a strange way to run an election. However, at least the Americans have (hopefully) got rid of Trump after one term.
We can compare with certain other countries, where the president has modified the constitution to allow third and fourth terms. Or another country, where the president has removed the 10 year limit.
Getting a change of leader in these countries will be much more difficult.

Moses
November 8th, 2020, 16:15
Getting a change of leader in these countries will be much more difficult.

Ah, I got your idea: you are talking about Merkel from Germany now? I am correct? Well, she will be ruling leader 15 years at November 12.

Or you are about Netanyahu in Israel? He will be 15-years ruler in 4 moтths. Lee Loong in Singapore 17-th year, Orban Hungary 15-th year, Maurer Switzerland 12 years.

By the way, what do you think: will be Biden still alive at Jan 20? He is quite old.

goji
November 8th, 2020, 16:48
You know which 2 countries I'm referring to.

As for the others, well Merkel has had several elections and can be removed when the Germans want. Anyone who does challenge her can do so fairly.

Israel -I have no idea.

Singapore is one of the few examples where a "democracy" which has been dominated by a single party for decades is working very well. As far as I can tell, the superb performance is one of the reasons why they keep winning elections.

Hungary seem to be abandoning democracy. The EU needs to show some backbone and kick Hungary out.

Whether Biden is alive or not makes no difference to the principles of US democracy. The US voters know that the Vice President will step in if required, as has happened in the past.

Moses
November 8th, 2020, 18:32
Whether Biden is alive or not makes no difference to the principles of US democracy. The US voters know that the Vice President will step in if required, as has happened in the past.
So they voted for Biden, but will get Harris. Correct?

By the way: it is funny fact - if and when Putin will finish his 6-th (or 7th if count time when he was premier minster) time, he will be still younger than Biden is now.

goji
November 8th, 2020, 22:30
So they voted for Biden, but will get Harris. Correct?

This is the same in any democratic country. Vote for a leader, then if he dies, you get someone else. It's an unavoidable fact of life.

We then get onto expectations. The average 77 year old male lives another 10 years. However, I believe Mr Biden will get much better than average medical care, so might on average last much longer.

Heads of state do seem to get good medical care. As we also see with some royals lasting quite well, despite centuries of in breeding.

Moses
November 9th, 2020, 00:00
This is the same in any democratic country. Vote for a leader, then if he dies, you get someone else.

I have bad news for you: "this is the same" in any country. Any! Not only in democratic - if leader dies then "you get someone else".

StevieWonders
November 9th, 2020, 00:42
Most vice presidents get into that office by riding on the coattails of the President.Name three that didn’t. My point is that she’s claiming some unique virtue to her “achievement” because of her gender and race.

Moses
November 9th, 2020, 00:54
Name three that didn’t. My point is that she’s claiming some unique virtue to her “achievement” because of her gender and race.

Also she is quite liberal. And that collected to Biden a lot of LGBT votes.

goji
November 9th, 2020, 01:05
I have bad news for you: "this is the same" in any country. Any! Not only in democratic - if leader dies then "you get someone else".

I said: "Vote for a leader, then if he dies, you get someone else".
The "Vote for a leader" part of this does not apply in most undemocratic countries.

StevieWonders
November 9th, 2020, 01:28
Also she is quite liberal. And that collected to Biden a lot of LGBT votes.Yes they definitely would have voted for Trump if she hadn’t been on the ticket.

StevieWonders
November 9th, 2020, 01:30
It certainly is a strange way to run an election. However, at least the Americans have (hopefully) got rid of Trump after one term.Heavens goji, you come across in so many of your posts as a [Text deleted] I’d assumed you were a rusted-on Trump supporter.

Some of the text in this post was deleted under rule 2.3 following a report using the red triangle system.

Jellybean

arsenal
November 9th, 2020, 08:15
"Yes they definitely would have voted for Trump if she hadn’t been on the ticket."

Well technically of course no one voted for Trump or Biden. The electoral college is the barrier between the people and direct suffrage. Otherwise Hilary would have been president.

I love the brutality displayed to those losing office in the UK and America. In the UK the defeated PM has hours to get packed and get packing. Worse perhaps, the poor US president has to welcone his victorious opponent in and show him around,

StevieWonders
November 9th, 2020, 08:37
"Yes they definitely would have voted for Trump if she hadn’t been on the ticket."

Well technically of course no one voted for Trump or Biden. The electoral college is the barrier between the people and direct suffrage. Otherwise Hilary would have been presidentUf you’re going to be that pedantic then technically neither Trump not Biden is definitively the next president since the Electoral College has not yet met.

arsenal
November 9th, 2020, 09:10
That's absolutely correct and legally they don't have to pass the college votes to the victors. The Founding Fathers didn't trust the people with the vote but still gave them guns. Fabulous.

francois
November 9th, 2020, 10:24
Worse perhaps, the poor US president has to welcone his victorious opponent in and show him around,

Since Biden was vice-president he is familiar with the White House and will need no one to show him around.

Moses
November 9th, 2020, 13:36
Since Biden was vice-president he is familiar with the White House and will need no one to show him around.

He is old. No warranty what he still remember White House :)

dinagam
November 9th, 2020, 13:54
He is old. No warranty what he still remember White House :)

Age is not the issue here.
My reservations are in his being used by the puppeteers of the deep, dark state running in the background.
Who would know that some sophisticated electronics has already been embedded in his frail frame that are now controlling his movements and thought process.

arsenal
November 9th, 2020, 14:15
Moses wrote.
"He is old. No warranty what he still remember White House"

Yep. I can imagine he's going to be installing a Stannah stairlift, a walk in bath and handrails along every corridor.

a447
November 9th, 2020, 14:50
Biden seems quite fit for his age.

He makes a point of emphasising that by running onto stage. Quite impressive and I hope I will be as fit at that age.

StevieWonders
November 9th, 2020, 18:56
My reservations are in his being used by the puppeteers of the deep, dark state running in the background.
Who would know that some sophisticated electronics has already been embedded in his frail frame that are now controlling his movements and thought process.
Could you expand on this please dinagam?

latintopxxx
November 10th, 2020, 01:22
u mean Hungary is not following German orders...thats why it needs to be kicked out

francois
November 10th, 2020, 11:41

A very odd, if not weird, statement.