PDA

View Full Version : Covid Insurance and Prices Updated

Manforallseasons
October 25th, 2020, 14:08
https://pattayaone.news/tat-announces-update-to-compulsory-covid-19-insurance-for-foreign-visitors/

The insurance policy has been approved by the Thai government and can be used in the Thai visa application process. Coverage begins immediately upon arrival in Thailand.
No need for advance payment or out-of-pocket expenses when admitted at private hospitals nationwide. Insurance coverage does not exceed US$100,000 or about 3.16 million Baht.
In the case of death from Covid-19 infection, the insurance company will provide a life insurance benefit of USD $100,000 or about 3.16 million Baht to the beneficiary.
The insurance premium cost is reasonable, the process is overseen by the OIC, and purchase can be done efficiently online.
Thailand’s public health infrastructure and healthcare facilities, as well as healthcare professionals are recognised as some of the best in Asia for treating infectious diseases.

Here’s an example of some of the costs for packages that vary from 30 days to 1 year. The premiums range from 1,600-4,800 Baht for 30 days of coverage; from 2,880-8,640 Baht for 60 days; from 3,840 – 12,160 Baht for 90 days; from 7,680 – 23,040 Baht for 120 days, and from 14,400 – 43,200 Baht for one year.

gerefan2
October 25th, 2020, 16:25
I selected “others” as I don’t fall into any of the categories e.g. medical tourist.

And simply got a message saying I’m not allowed to travel. I know that, just wanna know how much.

No quote, not really helpful.

Up2U
October 25th, 2020, 22:49
I selected “others” as I don’t fall into any of the categories e.g. medical tourist.

And simply got a message saying I’m not allowed to travel. I know that, just wanna know how much.

No quote, not really helpful.

Just select something else, like Medical Tourism, to get a price quote.

gerefan2
October 25th, 2020, 23:05
Just select something else, like Medical Tourism, to get a price quote.

But I’m not a medical tourist so the rates won’t be the same.

What I’d like to know is what it’s going to cost me, as a regular tourist, but it won’t tell me.