PDA

View Full Version : The Trial of the Chicago 7

Jellybean
October 24th, 2020, 04:17
This is a superbly acted, excellent, but disturbing film and I thoroughly recommend it. It is being shown at cinemas and is also available on Netflix:

The Trial of the Chicago 7 is a 2020 American historical legal drama film written and directed by Aaron Sorkin. The film follows the Chicago Seven, a group of anti-Vietnam War protesters charged with conspiracy and crossing state lines with the intention of inciting riots at the 1968 Democratic National Convention in Chicago. It features an ensemble cast that includes Yahya Abdul-Mateen II, Sacha Baron Cohen, Daniel Flaherty, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Michael Keaton, Frank Langella, John Carroll Lynch, Eddie Redmayne, Noah Robbins, Mark Rylance, Alex Sharp, and Jeremy Strong . . .

Source: Wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Trial_of_the_Chicago_7)

https://youtu.be/FVb6EdKDBfU

Armando
October 26th, 2020, 20:36
This is a superbly acted, excellent, but disturbing film and I thoroughly recommend it. It is being shown at cinemas and is also available on Netflix
Watched the first 30 minutes this evening on Netflix. Struggled and eventually gave up out of boredom. Sorry Jellybean.

Jellybean
October 27th, 2020, 02:27
Watched the first 30 minutes this evening on Netflix. Struggled and eventually gave up out of boredom. Sorry Jellybean.

Now it's my turn to say, no need to apologise Armando. It would be a funny old world if we all shared the same taste. At least you gave it a try. :)

Armando
October 27th, 2020, 07:49
One thing that came to mind as I watched the start of the movie. Sir Mark Rylance is a wonderful actor but it does seem he is starting to become rather typecast. In New York I saw him as Cromwell in the Royal Shakespeare Company's double bill of Hilary Mantel's "Wolf Hall" and "Bringing Up The Bodies". I then saw him in the TV adaptation of the novels. Both quite stunning. Then I saw him in Steven Spielberg's Cold War movie "Bridge of Spies". Almost the same characterisation. In "The Trial of the Chicago 7" the basic character is again almost identical, although he did show a couple of flashes of anger.

pennyboy
October 31st, 2020, 17:47
I watched this movie last week . One of the best I have seen in a long time.

Brad the Impala
November 3rd, 2020, 04:27
Watched this film this evening. A very powerful reminder of those times bringing back lots of memories of those revolutionary times when all things seemed possible but protests were demonised. Much like the Black Lives Matter demonstrations now.

Having said all that it was also a very entertaining and stimulating watch with some laugh out loud moments!

latintopxxx
November 3rd, 2020, 12:21
...if they(1) finish school....(2) get a job and not breed before completing steps 1 & 2...they are almost guaranteed to succeed in life irrespective of colour...just go ask all the asians....and mexicans..