PDA

View Full Version : Call Me by Your Name.

arsenal
October 21st, 2020, 14:51
Call Me by Your Name is a 2017 movie written by James Ivory who also did A Room with a View and Maurice. CmBYN could be described as a mixture of those two. Set in Italy it features a gay adolescent falling for an older man. Beautifully shot it nonetheless drags on at over 2 hours 12 minutes. How much of Timothee Chalomet running around in skimpy shorts and swimming in multiple gorgeous locations is too much? A pleasant way to while away a wet Sunday afternoon and you get to see Timothee's arse.

a447
October 21st, 2020, 15:09
A pleasant way to while away a wet Sunday afternoon and you get to see Timothee's arse.

Which could all lead to an even wetter Sunday afternoon!

arsenal
October 21st, 2020, 15:17
Timothee Chalamet.

latintopxxx
October 22nd, 2020, 02:08
looks like an east european runaway living on the streets...

StevieWonders
October 22nd, 2020, 07:46
Timothee Chalamet.You can drool on Instagram

goji
October 22nd, 2020, 15:22
Call Me by Your Name is a 2017 movie

I'd never seen nor heard of it, although I did see a lad operating with the handle "Call Me By Your Name" last time I was in Thailand. He probably follows the movie scene more closely than me.

Armando
October 22nd, 2020, 16:22
The "old" man as described by arsenal is a mere 7 years older. So it's very far from an old man young man movie. James Ivory was one half of the Merchant/Ivory movies which also included the wonderful Remains of the Day and Howards End. Call Me by Your Name ran for weeks in Bangkok. It is a bit quirky but we did not find it boring at all. The final extremely long shot with the Chalamet character looking in to the fire was worthy of an Oscar for the young actor.

Rather ironic that James Ivory directed the Merchant/Ivory movies and never received an Oscar. Yet he finally got one for writing this movie at the age of 89.

arsenal
October 22nd, 2020, 19:01
Armando wrote.
"The "old" man as described by arsenal is a mere 7 years older."

No I didn't. Read it again.

bkkguy
October 22nd, 2020, 19:23
A pleasant way to while away a wet Sunday afternoon

particularly if you are into peaches - and cream

latintopxxx
October 23rd, 2020, 08:07
...only 7 years...lord my geography teacher was a good 20 years older then me when I seduced him...did him in the dark room during the after school photography classes he monitored...ah memories...

Brad the Impala
October 23rd, 2020, 18:50
looks like an east european runaway living on the streets...

That wasn't the most flattering photo! His androgynous looks have made him something of a sex symbol and pinup(now that's an outdated expression!). He has successfully gone on to play the lead in a number of movies since.

Incidentally in the original book(well worth a read) by Andre Aciman, the impression that I got was that the older man was much older than he is played in the movie.

https://www.standard.co.uk/insider/style/timothee-chalamet-best-style-fashion-photos-a4020976.html

dinagam
October 23rd, 2020, 20:55
Isn't he looking cool in that fetching suit?

Since Latin brought to our attention that East European look, I'm kind of fond of the twink Slavs and Magyars in the Gay videos who go about their roles so smoothly and well synchronised and mostly bare-backed.

Jellybean
October 24th, 2020, 16:58
For fans of Timothée Chalamet he covers the November 2020 issue of GQ magazine and if you can’t wait an interview with photos can be seen by clicking on the following link . . .

The Making (and Remaking) of Timothée Chalamet

He found superstardom and artistic acclaim instantaneously. Now, with unique candor, the actor of a generation reveals what it’s like to come of age in our very upside-down era.

By Daniel Riley
Photography by Renell Medrano
October 15, 2020

https://www.gq.com/story/timothee-chalamet-november-2020-cover-profile?utm_source=pocket-newtab-global-en-GB

francois
October 24th, 2020, 17:35
Incidentally in the original book(well worth a read) by Andre Aciman, the impression that I got was that the older man was much older than he is played in the movie.

In the book, the "older man", Oliver, a graduate student was 24 yo. In the movie the actor was about 31 yo.

Brad the Impala
October 24th, 2020, 18:05
In the book, the "older man", Oliver, a graduate student was 24 yo. In the movie the actor was about 31 yo.

I stand corrected. May have been wishful thinking!

Armando
October 24th, 2020, 20:59
Armando wrote.
"The "old" man as described by arsenal is a mere 7 years older."

No I didn't. Read it again.
Have it your way. You wrote older. The implication was considerably older than a mere 7 years.

arsenal
October 24th, 2020, 22:32
Please don't presume to tell me what my implication was. I had just watched the movie. You misquoted me.

Also there is a huge gulf in age/life/ experience between a 17 year old and a 24 year old.

Armando
October 24th, 2020, 22:40
As I clearly stated, have it your way.

StevieWonders
October 25th, 2020, 05:11
Have it your way. You wrote older. The implication was considerably older than a mere 7 years.In the film of the ballet Romeo & Juliet Dame Margot Fonteyn not only was roughly twice the age of Rudolph Nureyev but a multiple older than the age of the character she was portraying, a teenage Juliet. In a very recent version of the life of Catherine the Great Dame Helen Mirren plays the role of a woman half her biological age (my favourite line to her evidently much younger male actor secretary “Do whatever you think will make me happy”. As I recall it’s cunnilingus). Are we really going to focus on the actual age of an actor vs. the age of the character? Timothee Chalamet in The King plays Henry V who was older in life than the actor in the film.

Armando
October 25th, 2020, 08:01
In the film of the ballet Romeo & Juliet Dame Margot Fonteyn not only was roughly twice the age of Rudolph Nureyev but a multiple older than the age of the character she was portraying, a teenage Juliet. In a very recent version of the life of Catherine the Great Dame Helen Mirren plays the role of a woman half her biological age (my favourite line to her evidently much younger male actor secretary “Do whatever you think will make me happy”. As I recall it’s cunnilingus). Are we really going to focus on the actual age of an actor vs. the age of the character? Timothee Chalamet in The King plays Henry V who was older in life than the actor in the film.
What on earth has this to do with Armie Hammer then aged 31 playing a man aged 24 or Timothy Chalamet then aged 21 playing an adolescent aged 17?

StevieWonders
October 25th, 2020, 08:17
What on earth has this to do with Armie Hammer then aged 31 playing a man aged 24 or Timothy Chalamet then aged 21 playing an adolescent aged 17?Are you perchance auditioning for the role of Dame in this year’s Forum Christmas pantomime?

Armando
October 25th, 2020, 11:29
Are you perchance auditioning for the role of Dame in this year’s Forum Christmas pantomime?
That will depend on who is playing the Principal Boy!

bkkguy
October 25th, 2020, 20:13
That will depend on who is playing the Principal Boy!

I am sure you are much more likely to find a "Principal Boy" rather than a principled boy

arsenal
October 26th, 2020, 21:16
Sadly the principle boy is nearly always played by a girl.

dinagam
October 26th, 2020, 21:35
The Boy Principal should be of a fine character and utmost principle.

Armando
October 27th, 2020, 07:56
The Boy Principal should be of a fine character and utmost principle.
The exact title is Principal Boy and yes 'he' is always played by a girl. Presumably the Pattaya version has room for some variations. If the Dame is always played by a man, no reason why the Principal Boy should not be played by a gorgeous boy.

StevieWonders
October 27th, 2020, 12:52
Perhaps those of you who reach for the smelling salts at the mention of a sexual relationship on screen between two characters of a significantly different age might reflect on such a relationship portrayed in a new Netflix release this week “A suitable boy”. Despite the title it isn’t about Pattaya or sodomy, although a high-class horizontale plays a central role.