PDA

View Full Version : Washington's teeth

arsenal
October 16th, 2020, 12:11
That's not really enough Dodger.
Lincoln verses Trump
or
Roosevelt verses Nixon.

Can't include Washington cos he's basically a slave owning terrorist in a wig.

francois
October 16th, 2020, 14:30
Can't include Washington cos he's basically a slave owning terrorist in a wig.

Washington didn't wear a wig.

arsenal
October 16th, 2020, 15:29
Every image I've seen of Washington has him in a ridiculous turned up wig. Unless that's his real hair!!!

On a more important note. If you're being disappointed with boys from the bars might I recommend my multi Nobel Prize for Literature winning seminal piece: The Perfect Off.

Oliver2
October 16th, 2020, 16:54
Just missed Arsenal's comment....don't forget the wooden teeth.

dinagam
October 16th, 2020, 18:22

Must have been some hindrance when giving blow jobs to his well-endowed slaves, unless he had taken them off before getting into action.

francois
October 16th, 2020, 23:32
Every image I've seen of Washington has him in a ridiculous turned up wig. Unless that's his real hair!!!

General/President Washington did not wear a wig; that is his real hair.

francois
October 16th, 2020, 23:35

Sorry Oliver, but Washington's dentures were not made of wood.

snotface
October 17th, 2020, 18:01
General/President Washington did not wear a wig; that is his real hair.

Now there's a statement, amid the constant discussion of bar closures, vaccines, visas and the like, that really made me sit up. Like arsenal, I’ve always assumed that those famous portraits revealed an incontrovertibly bewigged Washington. I'd have put money on it and laughed at the folly of anyone offering such a crazy bet. But yes, you're right - and you said so without a hint of the smugness that would have tempted me. As for the wooden teeth, well, thank goodness they didn't exist, that's all I can say. There are limits to how much the already somewhat tarnished image of the august, dignified first President can take. Slave-owning is one thing (well, he was of his age, not ours), but the thought of him brushing his teeth with furniture polish would have been too much to bear.

arsenal
October 17th, 2020, 18:15
In every portrait he looks the most miserable and dour of individuals. A combination of terrible hair, uncomfortable hippo ivory spring loaded dentures and daily dealings with the French. Who wouldn't be.

Khor tose
October 17th, 2020, 20:37
General/President Washington was a slave owner, but he freed (emancipated) the slaves directly under his control when he died. Of course, he was wealthy enough to do so while Jefferson wanted to but his estate was nearly bankrupt at his death.