PDA

View Full Version : Murder by Death.

arsenal
October 10th, 2020, 11:46
Feeling a little lacking in cheer? A recent rewatching of the film version of Neil Simon's sublime comedy Murder by Death will raise your spirits.

A sort of murder mystery with Alex Guinness, Peter Sellers, David Niven, Peter Falk, Maggie Smith, Truman Capote, Eileen Brennan and others hamming it up for all they're worth. Tremendous fun.

Zebedee
October 10th, 2020, 13:02
Thanks arsenal.

I don't know about other countries, but Netflix here in Perth is useless,rubbish movies, they're either just reworks of more famous original movies,or non stop zombie ,pandemic thrash. Free to air TV here is a waste of time, reruns on reruns or "reality" shows, I have to turn off the TV!

a447
October 10th, 2020, 15:14
I fully agree about the poor quality of free to air TV in Perth.

But at least we are Covid-free here and so don't have to stay home in front of the TV. Life is basically back to normal here.

Having said that, Murder by Death sounds like a movie I would enjoy, especially with the likes of Sellers, Niven and Falk. Might even be worth subscribing to Netflix.

Zebedee
October 10th, 2020, 15:32
Murder By Death is not available on Netflix here,I checked.
Up to you but I rarely watch Netflix anymore but it is cheap. I think its $13 p/m .

arsenal
October 10th, 2020, 16:43
I didn't watch it on Netflix. It's China. I can find pretty much everything for free, not only the very latest stuff from America and the UK but films and tv shows going back decades.

Zebedee
October 10th, 2020, 20:48
Murder By Death is not available on Netflix here,I checked.
Up to you but I rarely watch Netflix anymore but it is cheap. I think its $13 p/m .

I didn't watch it on Netflix. It's China. I can find pretty much everything for free, not only the very latest stuff from America and the UK but films and tv shows going back decades.
I was just telling a447 about Netflix and TV in Perth. I should have quoted him in my reply.